Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-02-2009, 07:27 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?? Fuzzies on NEW S-UP ink pads ???

Hi All...I just was finally getting around to opening some of my S-UP ink pads that have been sealed, never used, etc...

I went to stamp an image (it was the main flower in the Bodacious Bouquet Set)..which I LOVE by the way!! When I went to stamp it, I happpend to look at the rubber stamp to make sure I had it all inked up and there were all these teeny tiny fuzzies on the stamp!!??? :confused:

I tried another color, and same thing....?? Doesn't make a HUGE difference when I stamped the image, but was just curious if any of you ever have noticed this?? Took a paper towel and LIGHTLY tried to swipe them off the ink pad..didn't do much??

Maybe "I" am just crazy...if any of you have comments, etc..would love to hear them...maybe put me to rest in thinking I'm NOT crazy after all...hahaha

Thanks ALL..have a good weekend.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes I have noticed that with mine as well and especially on acrylic stamps it is really noticeable. I have even noticed it with new ones. The Just Rite stamps the same except the black and chocolate brown so far are okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapladyView Post
Yes I have noticed that with mine as well and especially on acrylic stamps it is really noticeable. I have even noticed it with new ones. The Just Rite stamps the same except the black and chocolate brown so far are okay.
Thanks for your ONE and the only response to my problem...I thought there might be more, but anyway...I tried 2 add'l pads last evening and they are covered with this fuzz?? I even took a picture in case no one believed me...

Maybe it is just the ink pad material (felt ??) that causes it..dunno...I will just deal with it and IF I can "gently" get most of it off, guess that's all I can do. Was just curious if other brands did this as well, etc...

Take care, Jo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2009, 05:40 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Contact your SU demo to see if this problem has an easy fix?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2009, 06:02 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by isewquilts2View Post
Contact your SU demo to see if this problem has an easy fix?
I doubt they would as I've had these for several months...just never opened all the colors as I wanted to keep them sealed up until I did...know what I mean??

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I should say the proper colors of the SU ink...Basic Black and Chocolate Chip seem to work ok so not sure if it has anything to do with that or not....do all of your colors do that or just the lighter colors?

I am going to call tomorrow and mention it to them as my Certainly Celery was brand new and it will not stamp proper...almost seems to bead up.

Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

This is common with felt/linen ink pads (dye ink). I have pads from other brands that do the same thing. If it's not affecting yoru stamped image, then there's nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I should say the proper colors of the SU ink...Basic Black and Chocolate Chip seem to work ok so not sure if it has anything to do with that or not....do all of your colors do that or just the lighter colors?

I am going to call tomorrow and mention it to them as my Certainly Celery was brand new and it will not stamp proper...almost seems to bead up.

Joanne

The two that were the worst were lavendar lace and almost amethyst. It was covered with the teeny tiny fibers that look just like tiny hairs all over it.
Maybe just certain colors?? Just a pain when you go to stamp and the hairs are sticking to the rubber image. I do not have any other brands of ink pads other than the Versarmark and some Tim Holtz ones (small square shaped).

I've read if using acrylic stamps, the S-UP ink will bead up...it was recommended you sand the stamps LIGHTLY before stamping the ink pad by using an eraser?? Have you tried that? Might be worth a shot?

IF you do contact S-UP, would be curious to see what they say about it!!
THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnlnkidsView Post
This is common with felt/linen ink pads (dye ink). I have pads from other brands that do the same thing. If it's not affecting yoru stamped image, then there's nothing to worry about.
Hmmmm...interesting. Do they eventually wear themselves off than? I thought about taking some sticky packing tape and just LIGHTLY try lifting them off the ink pad. Wouldn't be a problem (for me) if they just didn't STICK to rubber stamp image...frustrating more than anything is all.

Thanks for your response!
Reply With Quote Likes