Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-25-2016, 04:31 PM   #321  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 497 Likes on 275 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GailNMView Post
Dafont.com!! Da-awesome! Thanks contrapat!
I can
t take the credit- I found that in a previous post in this thread. I agree, though, it's really COOL!!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2016, 04:35 PM   #322  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyboudreauView Post
I'm wondering what is good shimmer cardstock for foiling with a laminator and laser printer. I've used a couple different kinds (stardream and pearl) and the foiling comes out a bit blothy...
OK, first of all, this is my "go-to" metallic cardstock, bar none. I LOVE this stuff! Second, I tried it in my Brother laser printer, and foiled it with the Minc today. It is fine. Here's a link to it on Amazon, sometimes I've gotten lucky and found it at local office stores or department stores.

Link:

Amazon.com: Neenah Creative Collection Specialty Cardstock, 8.5 X 11 Inches, Royal Metallics Mix, 40 Count (46222): Office Products

I like that you get 10 sheets each of 4 colors. And it makes gorgeous cards. I've been using this brand for years, and I always have it in my craft room!

Last edited by contrapat; 05-31-2016 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: additional info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2016, 05:01 PM   #323  
Watercolor Wizard

So, with the new Brother laser wireless printer finally up and running, I pulled out the Minc I bought last fall, and started playing. Well, considering the Minc only came with one sheet of gold foil, I played a little bit- then went to JoAnn's over the weekend and bought a bunch of foil at 40% off plus another 20% off your order. My kind of pricing! I also ordered toner sheets online from JoAnn's, and 3 more colors of foil they didn't have in the store. I checked Michaels, and they had apparently clearanced all their foils a while ago. I found one lonely roll of red foil at Michaels for 2.99, and bought it.
I made an anniversary card for DH, using a printed picture of Big Ben at midnight on New Years with fireworks, and foiled "Happy Anniversary" on the front. (It was our 12th anniversary Sunday- that's why I wanted the clock at 12!) He was impressed.

Today, I've been experimenting with foiling onto printed papers. I've found you need to be sure the background isn't too busy, or it looks crumby. There's also a learning curve, having to have the picture in the correct orientation, so the lettering is not upside down. I also managed to teach myself how to print multiple images on one sheet (without my software engineer husband's assistance!). I'm having a blast playing with this!

I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried using the nail foiling strips to foil to paper/cs? I've bought some REALLY cheap on ebay, but they'll be a while getting here from China, I think. I'm sure somebody someplace posted about this.

The old foils I had in the craft room did not work with the laser printer. I will be using those for accents with foiling glue, so it's all good- after all, I think I've had them for over 13 years???

I have also found on ebay 100 sheets of 8 X 12 gold foil for about $10, I plan on ordering some to try, along with rolls of 8 inch by 100 feet for about $30- $35. I'm betting gold will be my most used color.

If wretched Windows 10 had not messed up how I download photos, I would have posted some pictures of my attempts, but my technical advisor (DH) has not taught me how I have to go about doing that now. (Before Windows 10, all I had to do was plug my camera into the computer, and it downloaded them automatically.) I hate Windows 10, by the way.

I read the toner pen dries up very quickly- has anybody had much experience with the pen?

And look at this Becca Feeken tutorial using dies to make foiled and embossed frames on your cards- I am SO impressed with this one.

I guess that's enough out of me for now, time for my bubblebath!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #324  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done this techniqe Becca Feeken demos. I have a couple cards in my gallery with magenta foiled borders. It looks so pretty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2016, 06:35 AM   #325  
Kookie Creator

Default Minc borders

This tutorial opened my eyes! I have the scanner, laser printer, Minc and foils. Now I need to look at my die collection in a different way! Certainly a project in my future! I especially like the elegant simplicity of the border as it sets off the message and embellishments. Thanks!

Last edited by ciocidi; 06-02-2016 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Wrong product name
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2016, 11:35 AM   #326  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post

.... I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried using the nail foiling strips to foil to paper/cs? I've bought some REALLY cheap on ebay, but they'll be a while getting here from China, I think. I'm sure somebody someplace posted about this. ....

I tried out some nail foils from China (via Amazon) on just a smallish heart run thru a laminator and they worked fine. They're smaller strips than the Mind/Decoart foils, but it sure is fun to have lots of different colors and funky designs to play with
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #327  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
I tried out some nail foils from China (via Amazon) on just a smallish heart run thru a laminator and they worked fine. They're smaller strips than the Mind/Decoart foils, but it sure is fun to have lots of different colors and funky designs to play with
I know they're narrow, but I was thinking they'd work well on words. I am SO glad to hear somebody tried it! I'm also sure I have lots of narrow border stamps that I can use 'em with- stamp, scan, then print.

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION!!!

Pat

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #328  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I have done this techniqe Becca Feeken demos. I have a couple cards in my gallery with magenta foiled borders. It looks so pretty!
Amber, you must own every die in the western world, since you sell them! I look at your stuff on Ebay a lot.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2016, 10:01 PM   #329  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awwww...you are sweet Contrapat! I do have a very large collection. It helps that I can order so many wholesale...but not only dies. I have more foil for the foiling technique than you would believe. I like to shop as my hubby would tell you. I ordered 2 or 3 of the foil assortments that we're on EBay for nails but I haven't used any yet. Like I always say "we're supposed to use the stuff we buy?"....lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #330  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 675 Likes on 348 Posts
Default Amber...

Amber, could you please give links to a couple of your cards that have the foiled borders? I looked at your gallery but could not find them easily. I bought my Mink and foils in the Fall, but had such a busy "school year" that I had no time to play....bow that is is Summer, I am ready to try foiling. Thanks, LM :-)

Quote:

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #331  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstampsView Post
Amber, could you please give links to a couple of your cards that have the foiled borders? I looked at your gallery but could not find them easily. I bought my Mink and foils in the Fall, but had such a busy "school year" that I had no time to play....bow that is is Summer, I am ready to try foiling. Thanks, LM :-)
I couldn't easily tell which ones either. I'll look if a link is posted!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #332  
Matboard Maniac

Ohhh... I think I might have to try some Chinese nail foil.

About the toner pen -- mine dried up in under a month -- no lie! Perhaps they have improved them since then. I'm not certain. I got mine for Christmas 2015. Won't be buying another one.

I doubt anyone is going to care about this one way or the other, but I found out that foil will resist dye-based inks. What I did was foil a design in white foil on a white card base, then inked over it all with Distress inks. The foil resisted the ink, so it turned out sort of like an embossing powder resist. Although I haven't tried, I would imagine the foil would resist watercolor, as well. Sometimes a tiny bit of ink will look as though it is on the foil, but it will wipe right off with a dry cloth.

One caveat to this technique: The white foil I was using (WOW brand white foil) is not totally opaque... so the black laser print shows thru a tiny bit. However, as long as there is no pure bright white right up against the design, it is not noticeable... when the cardstock around the white foil is inked, the foiled design appears completely white... it's just a function of the way our eyes perceive color, but I'm not going to go into all the science mumbo jumbo and bore everyone to tears.. lol!

I should also mention that OTHER brands of white foils may not have this problem. I know that Heidi Swapp now has some white foil on the market, and if I remember correctly, it is described as opaque.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #333  
Watercolor Wizard

I had read a LOT about folks using the toner pen once, and next use- it was dried out. That's a shame- it would have been a fine toy, but not if it doesn't last for more than one use!

I'm anxiously awaiting my first cheap Chinese nail foils to try.
And I'm going to risk the $9 for 100 sheets of 8 X 12 cheap Chinese gold foil- if it's great, I'll be delighted, if it's not, well, I'm betting it will be usable somehow.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2016, 04:05 PM   #334  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Foiling Without Laminator and Laser Printer

A while back I did research to see if there was a foiling method I could do without buying the foiling equipment. I found a couple videos by ScrapBookingMadeSimple.com (#142 and #149). In the first video she demonstrates how to use just your stamps, a Nuvo 2Way Glue Pen, and foil. In the second she demonstrates how to use double stick tape (such as SookWang or Elizabeth Crafts) to apply foil to your cardstock. The "secret" is running it thru your BigShot to put pressure on the foiled image. The videos are one hour long, but well worth looking at if you're like me and can't afford to buy the foiling equipment.

The reason I'm sharing this "secret" is because I'm wondering if the gals who are having problems with the Chinese nail foil can use one of these solutions. It may also help with the issues people are having with the white foil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #335  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewcrafty28View Post
A while back I did research to see if there was a foiling method I could do without buying the foiling equipment. I found a couple videos by ScrapBookingMadeSimple.com (#142 and #149). In the first video she demonstrates how to use just your stamps, a Nuvo 2Way Glue Pen, and foil. In the second she demonstrates how to use double stick tape (such as SookWang or Elizabeth Crafts) to apply foil to your cardstock. The "secret" is running it thru your BigShot to put pressure on the foiled image. The videos are one hour long, but well worth looking at if you're like me and can't afford to buy the foiling equipment.

The reason I'm sharing this "secret" is because I'm wondering if the gals who are having problems with the Chinese nail foil can use one of these solutions. It may also help with the issues people are having with the white foil.
Thank you, Thank you for posting about these great videos! I just watched them, and I'm amazed and so happy to know about this technique using the two-way glue pen. No laminator or laser printer required - just the stamps you already have, a two-way glue pen and die cutting machine to run it through. I can't wait to try this. You just made my day!

I had already heard about the idea with the double sided tape, but was so limited to just making borders or lines. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities using the stamps I already have. I especially like the idea of using it for sentiment stamps!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #336  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I hope someone tries this and tells us how even and clean the coverage is. I'm curious to know how well it works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #337  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet1000View Post
I hope someone tries this and tells us how even and clean the coverage is. I'm curious to know how well it works.
I watched an hour of the video and it looks like it works great! The only 2-way glue I have is a tiny Zig glue pen with a fine tip. I just ordered from ebay, the big Nuvo glue pen like she uses in the video.

I'll try it as soon as it gets here and let you guys know how it works!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2016, 05:36 AM   #338  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 675 Likes on 348 Posts

Doesn't the two-way glue hurt the rubber on the stamp? LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I watched an hour of the video and it looks like it works great! The only 2-way glue I have is a tiny Zig glue pen with a fine tip. I just ordered from ebay, the big Nuvo glue pen like she uses in the video.

I'll try it as soon as it gets here and let you guys know how it works!

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2016, 09:27 AM   #339  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Doesn't the two-way glue hurt the rubber on the stamp? LM :-)
No, it doesn't hurt the stamps. The two-way glue is water soluble and wipes or washes right off.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2016, 08:41 PM   #340  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default oh my gosh

Quote:

You are right they are not there! I don't know what happened to them....very sad face.

Amber
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #341  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Nuvo Broad Tip Glue Pen

My glue pen has arrived! I tried two different stamps using this method. They both turned out pretty good, however, I think I was a little too heavy-handed with the glue. Its a liquid glue that comes out of a large broad nib. Rather like the ZIG 2way, only better. The coverage was very good and very even. One of my stamps was intricate and one was a large SU flower with open petals. I would attach the pics, but I obviously don't understand how to do it properly, because I've been unsuccessful four times.
The important thing to remember is, like everything else, it will take some practice to determine the correct amount of glue to lay down on the stamp.
On my intricate stamp with a wispy floral, in some places the glue ran together and it got blobs of foil where there should have been wisps. The large open stamp turned out better. I'm pleased with this method until I can purchase the proper equipment. Hmmm, I wonder if a glue pad would give me the consistent coverage without a lot of practice?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2016, 11:53 AM   #342  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

My glue pen has arrived! I tried two different stamps using this method. They both turned out pretty good, however, I think I was a little too heavy-handed with the glue. Its a liquid glue that comes out of a large broad nib. Rather like the ZIG 2way, only better. The coverage was very good and very even. One of my stamps was intricate and one was a large SU flower with open petals. I would attach the pics, but I obviously don't understand how to do it properly, because I've been unsuccessful four times.
The important thing to remember is, like everything else, it will take some practice to determine the correct amount of glue to lay down on the stamp.
On my intricate stamp with a wispy floral, in some places the glue ran together and it got blobs of foil where there should have been wisps. The large open stamp turned out better. I'm pleased with this method until I can purchase the proper equipment. Hmmm, I wonder if a glue pad would give me the consistent coverage without a lot of practice?
Good for you. I ordered one too, and can't wait for it to get here so I can try this technique.

About the glue pad idea. I did a quick google search and didn't find any 2-way glue pads, only pens.

A couple of years ago I saw where you could use a certain kind of glue pad with your stamps, so that you could sprinkle glitter and it would stick to the image. I spent the money to get it and was very disappointed. Didn't stick the glitter well at all.

If the glue pen works, I would rather do it than have to get another printer, and use a Minc or a laminator. I already usually have my Cuttlebug ready when I'm making cards. This technique would be much easier and quicker, plus no new equipment required, just a glue stick and foil!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #343  
Watercolor Wizard

So..... I took the plunge, and ordered a ROLL of gold foil from China. I am waiting anxiously for it to come. I truly hope it's good (or good enough?). The price was outrageous- $26 for approximately 400 feet. I also bought 50 sheets of 8 X 12" laser golden foil (iridescent) for 8.98, also from China (another seller). I will let you guys know how these work out.

Last edited by contrapat; 06-19-2016 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #344  
Glitter Queen

Bugga, last week after reading this thread, I went to get the 2-way glue pen from Joann's. It was a disaster. I was kicking myself for not getting the wide tip (I did not see the word 2-way). The best I could describe is the glue flattened out unevenly so could not get a basic even straight-line after going thru the Cuttlebug . I should watch youtube again to see where I did go wrong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 06:00 AM   #345  
Stampin' Fool

I recently purchased an Okidata color laser printer. I love it so far! It handles heavy cardstock beautifully. My only problem is foiling. I can't seem to get good adhesion. I've read that not all toner is the same (different additives, etc....). Does anyone have an Okidata printer? Success with foiling?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 07:58 AM   #346  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymoilanenView Post
I recently purchased an Okidata color laser printer. I love it so far! It handles heavy cardstock beautifully. My only problem is foiling. I can't seem to get good adhesion. I've read that not all toner is the same (different additives, etc....). Does anyone have an Okidata printer? Success with foiling?
I had the same issue with my Brother laser. It did not lay down enough black toner even if use black only was selected. I discovered it when trying to make my own stamps with the polymer packets. I had to print two transparent copies and attach them together. I tried it with the foil and had black specks where the foil didn't adhere. You can try printing it twice. It may overprint close enough if you make sure the printed page is fed the same as the first print, use manual fed. Because toner for my color laser was so expensive I purchased a Canon black only laser for everyday use. The toner lasts forever it seems, so I feel it was a wise move. The foil adheres flawlessly every time.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #347  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting this about the printers. This idea would have not come to mind as I shopped for a laser printer. I would have taken my heavy cardstock into the store and asked that it print on 110lb stock and bought it right there. Where as I should have taken that printed sheet home and then run it through my laminator to see if it foiled well also.

- cause who needs another one-trick-pony piece of equipment? It would be a bummer if I had a laser that did good foiling, then another laser that printed on heavy card stock.

Last edited by Janet1000; 06-22-2016 at 09:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 09:40 AM   #348  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
I had the same issue with my Brother laser. It did not lay down enough black toner even if use black only was selected. I discovered it when trying to make my own stamps with the polymer packets. I had to print two transparent copies and attach them together. I tried it with the foil and had black specks where the foil didn't adhere. You can try printing it twice. It may overprint close enough if you make sure the printed page is fed the same as the first print, use manual fed. Because toner for my color laser was so expensive I purchased a Canon black only laser for everyday use. The toner lasts forever it seems, so I feel it was a wise move. The foil adheres flawlessly every time.
My Brother black only wireless laser printer works just fine for foiling- and with manual feed, so far, it has taken everything I've fed it (including Gina K 120# heavyweight) and done a good job. I do find that on some images I get some spottiness- I blame the image, not the printer. And I will print 1200 dpi to get better coverage, if I need to. It also sometimes makes a difference selecting the paper- I make sure to select thick paper when printing to the heavier cs. So, remember it may be your settings, and not the actual printer sometimes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #349  
Stampin' Fool

I do have a small laser printer but heavier cardstock will not go through without curling or leaving grey streaks. It does foil beautifully!

The new printer is the only color laser that I could find that was rated for cardstock up to 80# cover or 216gms. I get about a 95% coverage with the new printer. Its not bad when I use the same color toner as the foil (the missing spots are not as noticeable as the black toner). I would try an off brand toner cartridge but its suppose to void the warranty. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep this printer or not (I still have 10 days to decide).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2016, 03:01 PM   #350  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

My Brother black only wireless laser printer works just fine for foiling- and with manual feed, so far, it has taken everything I've fed it (including Gina K 120# heavyweight) and done a good job. I do find that on some images I get some spottiness- I blame the image, not the printer. And I will print 1200 dpi to get better coverage, if I need to. It also sometimes makes a difference selecting the paper- I make sure to select thick paper when printing to the heavier cs. So, remember it may be your settings, and not the actual printer sometimes.
My Brother laser is a great printer, I think it has to do with the way their color lasers work or the model I have. The best quality settings didn't make a difference. I wasn't looking for any particular brand, but several of my coworkers recommended a black only laser. It could have been a Brother, but got a good deal on my Canon. Turns out I'm happy with it, never spots when foiling.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 11:00 AM   #351  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gildnee1View Post
Bugga, last week after reading this thread, I went to get the 2-way glue pen from Joann's. It was a disaster. I was kicking myself for not getting the wide tip (I did not see the word 2-way). The best I could describe is the glue flattened out unevenly so could not get a basic even straight-line after going thru the Cuttlebug . I should watch youtube again to see where I did go wrong.
I got the big two way glue pen like she uses in the video, and I am also very disappointed with my results. Maybe I just need lots of practice using it. I could not get the glue to apply evenly to the stamp. It just made blobs and spread out when I stamped, so you could not tell it was an image at all!

I'm not willing to invest in a laser printer, or run back and forth to Kinkos to copy images with toner. I guess I will just have to rely on Stickles and gems to get some shiny on my cards.

Actually I have had good luck using score tape to make foil borders and accents, so that will have to keep me happy for a while.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #352  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I got the big two way glue pen like she uses in the video, and I am also very disappointed with my results. Maybe I just need lots of practice using it. I could not get the glue to apply evenly to the stamp. It just made blobs and spread out when I stamped, so you could not tell it was an image at all!

I'm not willing to invest in a laser printer, or run back and forth to Kinkos to copy images with toner. I guess I will just have to rely on Stickles and gems to get some shiny on my cards.

Actually I have had good luck using score tape to make foil borders and accents, so that will have to keep me happy for a while.
It's OK, Bugga, you can do a road trip and come visit me in Wichita, and we can foil til we drop!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2016, 11:19 AM   #353  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It's OK, Bugga, you can do a road trip and come visit me in Wichita, and we can foil til we drop!
Thank you for the invite! I know the way to Wichita very well. My daughter lived there for several years (and took my grandchildren with her, lol.) I went up to Wichita nearly every weekend when they were small. It's a straight shot right up I-35 and an easy drive.

I really enjoyed spending time in Wichita. It's a beautiful place with so many parks and works of art everywhere! We loved the food at the Beacon Restaurant downtown, and you can't beat the burgers at Spangles!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #354  
Watercolor Wizard

OK, received the gold "laser" foil- a gold with aurora shimmer. 50 sheets of 8" X 12" for $8.98, free shipping (from China).
Man, 50 sheets does NOT look like 50 in the envelope, but the count was correct (on my second count).
Tried it this morning, and it is acceptable. The shimmer is very subtle, not that easy to distinguish from plain old gold. The cost is great- that's the equivalent of a 50 foot roll for nine dollars. Maybe not the highest quality available, but certainly economical. It works.
I'll report in when I get the monster 131 yard roll of gold that I've ordered.
I'm also awaiting a Walmart online order with some Deco foil, including rainbow. I'm dying to try the rainbow!

Has anybody tried the ombre colors? I was wondering if they were really worth buying. How much of the gradiation in color actually shows when foiling? There are gold/pink and silver/teal, as far as I can see.

I still haven't bought either black or white yet- the initial investment in foils is kind of getting to me! Although I've run a lot of samples through the Minc, I haven't yet made a card from any of them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 05:36 PM   #355  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Flitter glu

would probably work better for foiling. I've used it on stamps..if I remember right I put it on a sponge or used my Tim Holtz blending tool to get it on the stamp. Here's a Jennifer McGuire video

Flitter Glu works great...but it's real sticky when you get it on your hands

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #356  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default do you have a minc?

Quote:

Annette do you have a Minc?

Amber
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #357  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have used the rainbow on butterflies. I just saw the cards in my gallery. They are gorgeous! I have every possible color of foil out there!

pink and rainbow foiled butterflies by sprtchick - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Rainbow foiled butterflies by sprtchick - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love foiling things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2016, 07:44 AM   #358  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I have used the rainbow on butterflies. I just saw the cards in my gallery. They are gorgeous! I have every possible color of foil out there!

pink and rainbow foiled butterflies by sprtchick - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Rainbow foiled butterflies by sprtchick - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love foiling things!
So, have you tried the ombre colors yet- pink/gold and teal/silver? I'm wondering if the gradiation of color really shows up when foiling a design?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #359  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Annette do you have a Minc?

Amber
She does not, I know, I've invited her to drive up and play with mine anytime!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #360  
Stampin' Fool

Just wanted to share that I figured out my new printer. We hadn't updated the printer drivers, once we did that I was able to change the paper type to heavy cardstock. This worked for foiling! I could also change the print quality but I don't think it is required. The other weird thing was I previously using AirPrint to print; the AirPrint drivers are different than when using a USB cable directly to the printer. The USB connection gives me more options in the print menu. If I want to use heavy cardstock I need to use the USB; go figure. I hope this may help someone else trying to figure out their printer and foiling.

Anyway, I am very happy now with the quality of the prints for foiling as well as printing in color for inside card sayings, digi images and who knows what else I can create! Wahoo!

(FYI... I'm using an Okidata MC362W. It's an expensive printer but I was able to price match at Staples so I got a good deal.)
Reply With Quote Likes