Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-31-2018, 02:59 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiskars Procision and Neenah Solar White 110#

Hi I have recently purchased a Fiskars Procision trimmer, but I had to return it because I got a feathered edge on the part of the paper that hangs off the edge of the trimmer. This was especially noticeable on Neenah solar white 110# paper (which is the one I use the most for card bases). I hope this is just because I had received a faulty trimmer, but before I buy another I would like to sure that it is suitable for this paper. I am therefore wondering if anyone who own this trimmer use it to cut Neenah Solar White 110# paper and if you get a smooth edge on both sides of the cut?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2018, 06:48 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I am so glad you asked this question. I had been watching several craft stores and Amazon to purchase this same trimmer. I had waited to purchase from Amazon because I didn't want the package arriving during the time I was going to be gone from home for a few days. I was disappointed to see the price rise and thought maybe it was the Universe trying to tell me something.

Yesterday I saw a new trimmer that is suppose to be coming soon from We R Memory Keepers. It looks like it could have some nice features. I plan to wait and see what people think of it before I purchase. Fingers crossed that this will be an answer to the "please make a better trimmer" plea!!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2018, 09:19 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnneJEView Post
Hi I have recently purchased a Fiskars Procision trimmer, but I had to return it because I got a feathered edge on the part of the paper that hangs off the edge of the trimmer. This was especially noticeable on Neenah solar white 110# paper (which is the one I use the most for card bases). I hope this is just because I had received a faulty trimmer, but before I buy another I would like to sure that it is suitable for this paper. I am therefore wondering if anyone who own this trimmer use it to cut Neenah Solar White 110# paper and if you get a smooth edge on both sides of the cut?

This isn't going to really answer your question but maybe it will help you a little in case no one else can chime in - I don't use Neenah Solar White 110# but do use Georgia Pacific 110# and that cuts just fine on my Procision. I can get it to cut the tiniest slivers. I sometimes use Neenah Solar White 80# for card bases and that cuts well, too. I love my Procision. I'm sorry you got a defective one. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Neenah comes in more than one product line, with solar white being a color sold in quite a few of them. Are you using Classic Crest, which is a higher end line that lots of stampers use, or Exact Index, which is sold at Big Box stores, or another? The paper can make a difference when cutting, though a good trimmer should be able to cut most papers nicely.

Also, cutting from the bottom up to the top can sometimes help since it can keep the paper from shifting even a tiny bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I have had an Original Fiskars Rotary trimmer for a long time and never have problems with it. It sounds like your Procision is faulty. An expensive trimmer like that should cut all brands and weights of paper, cardstock, cardboard, foam, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2018, 09:02 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Neenah comes in more than one product line, with solar white being a color sold in quite a few of them. Are you using Classic Crest, which is a higher end line that lots of stampers use, or Exact Index, which is sold at Big Box stores, or another? The paper can make a difference when cutting, though a good trimmer should be able to cut most papers nicely.

Also, cutting from the bottom up to the top can sometimes help since it can keep the paper from shifting even a tiny bit.
Hi bjeans. I am using Classic Crest and have tried cutting both from the bottom up and downwards, but both give fethering on one side of the cut. So I suspect that the trimmer I recived was faulty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2018, 04:54 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I just watched a video by Jim the Gentleman Crafter and he said if you cut from the top down you don’t get the jagged edge. He cut several things from the bottom up and got the jagged edge. Someone commented on the video and said after about 50 cuts it stopped giving them a jagged edge either way they cut.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same problem and returned the trimmer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

So odd to hear this. I just got a Procision trimmer and absolutely LOVE it! And I use Neenah Classic Crest solar white 110# CS. Maybe you did get a defective trimmer. I would give another one a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

It sounds like there may be issues in manufacturing or quality control. If you have one that does not work well I would think it would be worthwhile to check into Fiskars customer service.

To those of you who own a Precision Pro, do you find problems with the area where there is no ruler marking? I think someone said it was around the 6 inch mark.
I have been waiting for the We R Memory Keepers one to be released, but it was suppose to be released in August and then November and still no release. I am starting to think about other trimmers, but want one that works well with few frustration issues.

Sorry about the thread hijack:oops:
Reply With Quote Likes