Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #761  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just discovered it's easy to make 'deep' envelopes for embellished or decoupaged cards. I expect everyone else is doing the same thing?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #762  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BathBelleView Post
I've just discovered it's easy to make 'deep' envelopes for embellished or decoupaged cards. I expect everyone else is doing the same thing?
Oooh, I'm definitely interested in this! My Anna Griffin cards are too big for conventional envelopes. :(
Old 10-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #763  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,951 Likes on 2,208 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2View Post
I am curious. If the paper is 8-1/4 by 5-1/2 what is the score line measurement. Thanks
If that's the folded card size then you start with paper that is 11x11 and score at 4 1/2". That's a pretty large card, so I am assuming you are trying to get an envelope for it folded. You would just follow the A2 measurements for a folded card from that size paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #764  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
If that's the folded card size then you start with paper that is 11x11 and score at 4 1/2". That's a pretty large card, so I am assuming you are trying to get an envelope for it folded. You would just follow the A2 measurements for a folded card from that size paper.
My card fronts are normally 8 1/2 by 5 1/2. And yeah you basically need 12 x 12 paper to cut down. Don't know rhe the exact measurements atm as away from my desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #765  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, I FINALLY went out & purchased my WRMK Envelope Board!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAH!!!!!!!! :P BUT, I have to wait till Friday to actually get to play with it! (It's a GIFT from my SWEET HUBBY!!! SPECIAL OCCASSION!!!) SO, here's ANOTHER QUESTION: What is the BEST ADHESIVE to use so the envelopes don't come apart in the mail???? THANKS LADIES!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #766  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
Well, I FINALLY went out & purchased my WRMK Envelope Board!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAH!!!!!!!! :P BUT, I have to wait till Friday to actually get to play with it! (It's a GIFT from my SWEET HUBBY!!! SPECIAL OCCASSION!!!) SO, here's ANOTHER QUESTION: What is the BEST ADHESIVE to use so the envelopes don't come apart in the mail???? THANKS LADIES!!!!!!
TLady, so happy you finally got the board. You will love it! I use my ATG gun to assemble the envelopes, but in years past when I made my own envelopes from scratch, I used a regular glue stick and they held up fine. The glue stick was kind of messy to use though, and I much prefer my ATG.

Have fun!!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #767  
Hardware Hotshot

OK buggainok, you're going to think me ODD for asking, BUT here goes!!!! "ATG gun" is that a GLUE GUN??? :/ Just want to be SURE! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #768  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

OK buggainok, you're going to think me ODD for asking, BUT here goes!!!! "ATG gun" is that a GLUE GUN??? :/ Just want to be SURE! LOL
TLady, I would never think you're ODD. I think you're FUN! I love your enthusiasm.

The ATG gun is not really a glue gun as such, it is a "gun" that applies a strip of adhesive to your paper, and is sticky on both sides, like double stick tape. There is a long running thread in the forums about it. I use it on all my cards and paper projects, and once you get the gun, the tape refills are quite inexpensive compared to other types of adhesives.

There are lots of Youtube videos showing it in action, in you want to see it. Just search ATG gun.

Here is a link to a good deal on one at Amazon. They call it a tape "glider," but it's just like the others that are called "guns." They also have them at Michaels, Joanns and Hobby Lobby, but more expensive there than this Amazon price.

Amazon.com: Scotch CAT 085 Advanced Tape Glider with 2 Rolls of 1/4-Inch by 36-Yard Acid Free Tape,Cure Pink: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #769  
Hardware Hotshot

AAAAAAaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW FUNNY! You're PROBABLY SPOT-ON with this product! (I LOOOOOOOOOVE their GLUE-"Quick-Dry Adhesive" that Wal-Mart quit carrying! :() THANKS for directing me to Amazon for this! I have a Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, BUT hardly ever use it, because it just doesn't HOLD! SOMETHING to add to my Christmas List!!!!!!!!!! THANKS bugga!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #770  
Hardware Hotshot

JUST ADDED THIS to the Amazon WISH LIST for Hubby to see!!!!!!!! THANKS BUGGA!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #771  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

JUST ADDED THIS to the Amazon WISH LIST for Hubby to see!!!!!!!! THANKS BUGGA!!!!!!!!
You go girl!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #772  
Proud Fan Club Member

I use scor tape or X Press it tape. Both hold pretty well. If I make an envelope to send with cards in a swap, I use the tape, even on the closure, but on that closure I don't pull the backing off. Then all they have to do is pull the backing off and seal. I also bought an envelope glue, but sometimes that gets messy. You "paint" the glue on the envelope flap and let it dry. After it dries you can wet it again and it will seal the envelope.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #773  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
TLady, I would never think you're ODD. I think you're FUN! I love your enthusiasm.

The ATG gun is not really a glue gun as such, it is a "gun" that applies a strip of adhesive to your paper, and is sticky on both sides, like double stick tape. There is a long running thread in the forums about it. I use it on all my cards and paper projects, and once you get the gun, the tape refills are quite inexpensive compared to other types of adhesives.

There are lots of Youtube videos showing it in action, in you want to see it. Just search ATG gun.

Here is a link to a good deal on one at Amazon. They call it a tape "glider," but it's just like the others that are called "guns." They also have them at Michaels, Joanns and Hobby Lobby, but more expensive there than this Amazon price.

Amazon.com: Scotch CAT 085 Advanced Tape Glider with 2 Rolls of 1/4-Inch by 36-Yard Acid Free Tape,Cure Pink: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Thanks for the link, I think this will be what I ask my mom for for Christmas, esp at this price.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #774  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm GLAD I asked this question!! I won't be the ONLY ONE getting TAPE for Christmas!!!!!!!!!! LOL THANKS LADIES!!!!!!!! I'll google the X press it tape & see what I get! I have some of that glue for the seal. I made it AGES AGO & it IS MESSY!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #775  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmbelleinaView Post
Thanks for the link, I think this will be what I ask my mom for for Christmas, esp at this price.
Yes, it's a good price. But beware, Amazon gets things from different vendors, and when it sells out, it may come back at a different price.

Another good price to check for the ATG gun is Overstock. Same thing applies, they have it, but sometimes sell out. It usually shows up again, though.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #776  
Rubber Obsessor

Shoot, while we're talking about adhesives, does anyone have a positive recommendation for a Xyron? I heard it makes the non sticker side gummy as well.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #777  
Hardware Hotshot

Christina,
I have a Xyron & it makes ONE SIDE sticky! No problems with mine! I think it's a GREAT LITTLE MACINE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #778  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmbelleinaView Post
Shoot, while we're talking about adhesives, does anyone have a positive recommendation for a Xyron? I heard it makes the non sticker side gummy as well.
what i found with my xyron is that I had burnish the piece before taking off the protective layer and then go over it with a soft eraser to take off to get the adhesive that's just on the edge of the piece.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #779  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm PLAYING with my NEW Envelope Punch Board & am WONDERING what I'm doing wrong???? I want an envelope 4 1/2" x 5 1/2". I went with the A-2 Size & cut my paper to 8 1/8" x 8 1/8" & lined up the left edge to the 3 3/4" mark & scored & followed through with using the score guide on all other sides, etc.! The envelope isn't big enough for my 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" card! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I KNOW bugga & Kathy will hear my cries for "HELP?" THANKS LADIES!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #780  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I'm PLAYING with my NEW Envelope Punch Board & am WONDERING what I'm doing wrong???? I want an envelope 4 1/2" x 5 1/2". I went with the A-2 Size & cut my paper to 8 1/8" x 8 1/8" & lined up the left edge to the 3 3/4" mark & scored & followed through with using the score guide on all other sides, etc.! The envelope isn't big enough for my 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" card! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I KNOW bugga & Kathy will hear my cries for "HELP?" THANKS LADIES!!!!!!!!
I just gave it a try and mine fits perfectly using those measurements. Are you measuring the first time and then following the scorelines for the rest of the envelope? Are you sure your card is 4 1/2 x 5 1/2? I would verify the actual card size first, then cut the 8 1/8x 8 /8 and score at 3 3/4...if you are doing all of that, I can't figure this one out because mine just came out perfectly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #781  
Proud Fan Club Member

I re-read your message and I was wondering if you knew that the size they give you is for the card, it is not for the envelope size. So if your card is 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 it should fit. The envelope for a card that size comes out to 4 3/4 x 5 5/8.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #782  
Hardware Hotshot

You know what I THINK I did? I THINK I turned my paper CLOCK WISE instead of COUNTER CLOCK WISE! AND I found a You Tube video that said the measurements are STILL OFF a little for the A2 size---she said to cut a piece of paper 8 1/8" x 8 1/4" for the A2 size. I figure I MUST have been turning it the wrong way---It came out 3 1/2" x 6 1/2"! That's all I can figure! THANK YOU for trying to help me!!!! This lady--Christina Thomas said that there are OTHER MEASUREMENTS that are still a little off too!!! :( If that is so, I will have to fumble through! For the PRICE at Hobby Lobby---using the 40% coupon, I guess it wasn't too bad! I WONDERED if I should have waited to buy the SU version.....? AS LONG AS I can get HELP with these measurements!!!!!!! Numbers just SWIRL in MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #783  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

You know what I THINK I did? I THINK I turned my paper CLOCK WISE instead of COUNTER CLOCK WISE! AND I found a You Tube video that said the measurements are STILL OFF a little for the A2 size---she said to cut a piece of paper 8 1/8" x 8 1/4" for the A2 size. I figure I MUST have been turning it the wrong way---It came out 3 1/2" x 6 1/2"! That's all I can figure! THANK YOU for trying to help me!!!! This lady--Christina Thomas said that there are OTHER MEASUREMENTS that are still a little off too!!! :( If that is so, I will have to fumble through! For the PRICE at Hobby Lobby---using the 40% coupon, I guess it wasn't too bad! I WONDERED if I should have waited to buy the SU version.....? AS LONG AS I can get HELP with these measurements!!!!!!! Numbers just SWIRL in MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
An A2 card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. To get an envelope close to that size, cut 8x8 and score at 3 1/2.

If you turned your paper clockwise, I don't think you would have had a line to follow to score the next one...??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #784  
Hardware Hotshot

OOOOooo!!! PERFECT SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST tried it!!! I will make NOTE OF THIS!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #785  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

OOOOooo!!! PERFECT SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST tried it!!! I will make NOTE OF THIS!!!!
I made note of it when Bugga shared it with us a while back so I can't take the credit for it. Just for the sharing part! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #786  
Hardware Hotshot

THANKS KATHY!!!! I SO APPRECIATE the help!!! AND THANK YOU BUGGA too! Did you two notice OTHER DIFFERENCES on the measurements???? If you did, I'll read back on this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #787  
Proud Fan Club Member

I didn't really notice any other differences, but I know that some of the envelopes are not perfectly fit but they are closer than I could ever get trying to make them by hand! The other day I needed an envelope for a card that was 6 x 8 1/2 and I was tickled to find measurements for that one on the board!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #788  
Hardware Hotshot

THANK YOU KATHY!! I'm RELIEVED this one A-2 size was the ONLY ONE that needed some help! LOL THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #789  
Proud Fan Club Member

You're welcome! I love your enthusiasm! Bugga and I are a lot like that!! LOL:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #790  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

TLady, I'm glad my Trusty Sidekick, Kathy, was here to come to your rescue. I was out running errands and just now came back and saw your post.

The more envelopes you make, the better you will get at it. I've noticed, myself, that if I get too confident, and start breezing along, not paying close attention, (one eye on the TV, lol) my score lines can get a little off, and also my folding sometimes isn't quite right.

For the most part, though, they all turn out good enough to get my cards into, and that's all I care about. I don't think anyone who receives them will use their ruler to measure the envelope, ha!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #791  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

TLady, I'm glad my Trusty Sidekick, Kathy, was here to come to your rescue. I was out running errands and just now came back and saw your post.

The more envelopes you make, the better you will get at it. I've noticed, myself, that if I get too confident, and start breezing along, not paying close attention, (one eye on the TV, lol) my score lines can get a little off, and also my folding sometimes isn't quite right.

For the most part, though, they all turn out good enough to get my cards into, and that's all I care about. I don't think anyone who receives them will use their ruler to measure the envelope, ha!
Well howdy miss Annette......glad to be of service! LOL...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #793  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

HOW DID YOU TWO FIND EACH OTHER???? LOL I DO get a little "EXCITED" about things! Paper Crafting in-particular!!! Rubber Stamps!!! One of my friends has even commented on it! (She doesn't stamp! Not "crafty" at all!) Have you two EVER gotten to MEET EACH OTHER???? AND HOW MANY HOURS do you spend on here? I see you two EVERYWHERE ON HERE!!!!!!!!
Now you know, a lady never tells her age, or the number of hours she spends online, lol. Kidding, of course. I'm retired and I pop on and off the computer all the time throughout the day and night, too.

I've always loved reading what Kathy posts here, and we seem to feel the same way about a lot of things. Kathy has a darling sense of humor which really comes through in her posts. I think we REALLY bonded about this envelope board, though. We've emailed back and forth and gotten to know each other. Would dearly love to meet you, Kathy, in real life. I know we would just start talking like we'd been friends all our lives.

You, too, TLady. If we were all together, we would have to draw names to see whose turn it was to talk.! :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #794  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Now you know, a lady never tells her age, or the number of hours she spends online, lol. Kidding, of course. I'm retired and I pop on and off the computer all the time throughout the day and night, too.

I've always loved reading what Kathy posts here, and we seem to feel the same way about a lot of things. Kathy has a darling sense of humor which really comes through in her posts. I think we REALLY bonded about this envelope board, though. We've emailed back and forth and gotten to know each other. Would dearly love to meet you, Kathy, in real life. I know we would just start talking like we'd been friends all our lives.

You, too, TLady. If we were all together, we would have to draw names to see whose turn it was to talk.! :mrgreen:
Oh don't draw names. The last time I did that my SIL wrote her name on every piece of paper and we all got her name for Christmas! LOL!! Bugga and I live many miles apart. I don't like traveling so unless she comes east we will only be chatting and having fun on SCS...but I know we'd have fun if we met!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #795  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got mine here! For $13.88

Envelope Punch Board
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #796  
Proud Fan Club Member

Great price! Enjoy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #798  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Sorry, I SEEMED to have dropped out of the conversation!!!! LOL (It was TIME FOR BED!) BUT, you two seem like you have been friends for FOREVER!!!! AND I seem to ALWAYS find you two TOGETHER on any thread I find!!! I kind of agree with Kathy, drawing names----We've had somewhat of a similar circumstance!!! LOL (Did you all find out BEFORE Christmas???) Wouldn't that be FUN if you two got to visit in person??? I didn't know about not telling how many hours you spend on-line! LOL I'll have to REMEMBER that one!!!!!!! We're retired too! So, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND coming to this contraption for the outside world & talking about something you love! You two work GREAT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm not the only one who has appreciated reading this thread & LEARNING from you two!!! THANKS for working out all the kinks!!! MAY BE, SCS should grant you SPECIAL STATUS for something on here???? You two should start a GROUP of some sort!!! You'd be GREAT AT IT!!!!!!!!
Yes, she told us the same night and one in particular was not happy because he wanted her name and had to give it back for a re-draw!! Those were fun days. Our families grew, some passed on, and some moved away so we don't meet at Thanksgiving anymore to exchange names. But I have some awesome memories!

I'm online every day! SCS is the only site that I have ever been to that everyone is nice, helpful, and generous beyond words. I tend to turn the computer on in the morning for a while and then shut it down until later, otherwise I would be on all day and get nothing else done. This past week I've had a lot to do so I've not been on as much. But this is my happy place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #800  
Cardstock Collector

Default Another Problem with WRMK Punch Board

I have the punch board and LOVE it. I haven't had it very long so I haven't used it "Heavily". However, the punch on it is already sticking. I wonder if there is something I can do. I am going to call the company on Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes