Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Embellishments

Where do y'all buy mini brads...especially black ones. I can't seem to find black mini brads anywhere. I made my own the other night and it took forever. The girl at our lss is supposed to be ordering me some black mini brads but I think she forgot me.

Also flowers...how do you afford the pretty flowers? Prima has some gorgeous flowers but they are SO costly.

Gail
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_GA_stamperView Post
Where do y'all buy mini brads...especially black ones. I can't seem to find black mini brads anywhere. I made my own the other night and it took forever. The girl at our lss is supposed to be ordering me some black mini brads but I think she forgot me.

Also flowers...how do you afford the pretty flowers? Prima has some gorgeous flowers but they are SO costly.

Gail
eyeletoutlet.com has some brads in there (ok, TONS of brads) LOL they have mini's.... if you have a Bigshot or CB with a flower die you can make your own, but I use M's coupon for mine.... also try to trade for some on the BST etc....;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 01:59 AM   #3  
BSD
Matboard Maniac

I had the same trouble finding mini black brads, finally found them at AC Moore. One inexpensive way I use to get flowers is to buy a cheap stem of silk flowers and pull it apart. The silk flower already has a hole in it and you can ink them if you want to, but I found stems for 88cents at Walmart, so I just bought several neutral colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

I get mine at Hobby Lobby. They are by The Paper Studio. I usually stock up on black and silver when they are 1/2 price. Usually once a month.

I have also gotten my flowers there when they are 1/2 price. At Michael's I buy them w/ my 40% off coupons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jo-ann's has a lot of brads, black ones too. They have a 40% off coupon now as well as a 50% one. You can only use one coupon per order. Shipping is 6.95, I think, but you can also get free shipping with $35 spent (use code MARFSA935). The free shipping is usually the best coupon for me, as the things I would like to use the % off coupons on (like Nestabilities) are usually on sale anyway and the coupon is only for regular price. It's funny, black brads are quite hard to find. You'd think they would be the most common color. I had to paint some once too, as I wanted the tiniest ones made. I used the black embossing powder but it was a big job as I needed a lot of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Have you tried orientaltrading.com? They have TONS of brads and free shipping on orders over $60. Of course, you have to buy a lot of brads to spend $60!

I think Gina K designs has them also.

Love the idea of pulling apart the dried flower things. You can usually find those at the dollar store.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

http://creativeimpressions.com

Reply With Quote Likes