Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenda71View Post
I do this too. I found the tip here, of course!! I keep some TIOO in a small butter dish with a bit of water, and use this and then store it with the lid on until I need it next. I think watering it down a bit makes it less gloppy, and maybe it was just my bottle. Plus it makes it go farther!!

I am in a quandry about the SU sets that I am unmounting, I love the sticker image on the back so much but it's hard to peel it off of the wood and still have enought sticky to attach to the foam (and stay on while using the TIOO on the sticker). Any ideas?
I like the idea about using a Zyron sticker maker. I think I will definitely try this. However, if the sticker will not come off the wood or gets torn in the process I use clear contact paper and make my own by stamping on it with stazon. HTH, a little!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Okay I am one who only mounted SU as I wanted to use them.

So are you saying I can take the sticker (which I hardly ever put on the stamps I did mount and use) and apply that to the rubber then use TIO&O on that to adhere to the block? Cushion is still there and its not on wood. Excellent.

Now if I want to, how do I get the mount off the rubber to use TIO&O on the bare rubber of SU stamps or any already mounted wood stamp?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love it for makign glue dots but have never used it on my stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintlcView Post

So are you saying I can take the sticker (which I hardly ever put on the stamps I did mount and use) and apply that to the rubber then use TIO&O on that to adhere to the block? Cushion is still there and its not on wood. Excellent.

Now if I want to, how do I get the mount off the rubber to use TIO&O on the bare rubber of SU stamps or any already mounted wood stamp?
With a lot of stamps, the rubber will peel off the cushion without much effort. SU! stamps especially come off the cushion very easily. It sometimes helps to warm the stamps in the microwave for about 10 seconds, but I usually don't bother.

For stamps that are a little more stubborn and don't come off the cushion quite cleanly, I found after much trial and error that a pink eraser (think the old Pink Pearl kind that you used to use in grade school) is THE BEST way to get the last of the residue off the back. Just take care if you have some stamps that are thinner rubber. I haven't torn or rubbed thru one yet, but I can sure see where it would be possible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 AM   #45  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 644 Likes on 451 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
With a lot of stamps, the rubber will peel off the cushion without much effort. SU! stamps especially come off the cushion very easily. It sometimes helps to warm the stamps in the microwave for about 10 seconds, but I usually don't bother.

For stamps that are a little more stubborn and don't come off the cushion quite cleanly, I found after much trial and error that a pink eraser (think the old Pink Pearl kind that you used to use in grade school) is THE BEST way to get the last of the residue off the back. Just take care if you have some stamps that are thinner rubber. I haven't torn or rubbed thru one yet, but I can sure see where it would be possible.
Thanks for the pink eraser tip, I have unmounted a few SU sets and want to continue. I think I have 24 sets unmounted in cd cases in the same space that I have 9 mounted sets! Some I will keep on the wood, but others are coming off. I also have not been mounting the new sets I buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #46  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=scrappintlc;14852311]Okay I am one who only mounted SU as I wanted to use them.

yes this works great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #47  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft RoomView Post
I like the idea about using a Zyron sticker maker. I think I will definitely try this. However, if the sticker will not come off the wood or gets torn in the process I use clear contact paper and make my own by stamping on it with stazon. HTH, a little!
Great idea, I will have to get some clear contact paper, I was going to try clear address labels because I have them around the house. I should try them and report back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft RoomView Post
Well that is just an excellent idea - I buy loads of unmounted red rubber and I think I will have to try this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post

Thank you for all the tips. I would have thought the SU ones would be a pain to get off.

Love the pink eraser tip too. Its the only ones I buy for the kiddos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

[QUOTE=PMR;14854902]
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintlcView Post

yes this works great!

Awesome. THats what stampendous is doing now to their cling. THe image is on the cling part so you can see where you're stamping it.

Of course now you have to be carefult o put the sticker on straight. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

I think it comes down to personal preference. I tried the Aleene's TIO&O because it was cheaper but I went back to the EZMount. When I am working on a project I did not like that the back of the stamp was so sticky and I couldn't just pull out stamps and have them laying on my desktop while I was creating. They had to be kept on something. I tend to use multiple images when I stamp.

I was also always getting way too much on the back of the stamps and having a problem of them sticking too much, being hard to pull off the block and leaving a lot of residue to clean off the block. Also, I sometimes use acrylic paint to stamp and take them to the sink to clean them as soon as I use them. The glue side can't be dried off with a rag so I had to leave them out while they air dried.

I use a hot knife to trim around the EZMount so it is very quick and easy to use it. I just plug in my hot knife, stick the stamps onto the sticky glue side of the EZMOunt, run the hot knife around the edge and I'm done.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #52  
Forum Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 19 Posts

I tried it and went back to EZ mount, why?

Messy and you have to get just the right amount

Hard to clean off the image if you have any overflow

I was doing a large project and didn't like having to wait until it dried (I got better results with overnight drying)

Some stamps I thought I had the right amount and now I find that they won't stick

Overall, if I get to the point that I can't afford EZ Mount, I'll stick them to the block with dbl stick tape and use a mousepad for a cushion before I use the TIO again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 83 Likes on 32 Posts

I just bought some tonight at my M's and instead of putting it on the rubber, I put it on the wood block. So far, works great! I'm also doing a trial run to see if it destroys the EZ Mount cling- since I would like to use my already mounted with EZ Mount stamps on these wood blocks, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just saw a tutorial on a blog http://dianagibbs.typepad.com/stampi...-no-probs.html
she uses aleenes tacky glue first and then a layer of the tack it over and over. Anyone know why you would need to use both?

I tried it her way and the stamps seem very nice, but I was wondering why you need the two different layers?

Anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Good question. Things that make you go hmmm . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wonder if it is to "seal" the foam.

When I first read this I thought she was going to do an index stamp on paper and adhere that to the back...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #57  
Kookie Creator

I'm not sure either? Seems like it would have been easier to just apply the TIO&O and would have been plenty sticky to use on the acrylic blocks, etc..?? Maybe she will respond back to us and than we'll understand why...
Reply With Quote Likes