Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need the Cricut Expression

I have the personal cricut and I'm thinking of replacing it with the expression. I would love to have the Imagine, but the price is just too steep right now. What are the benefits of the expression that you love??
http://oolalasparkle.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Tag, Bag, Boxes & More' cartridge (or whatever the name is). Like that the Expression can cut larger containers. Bought the Create first because I am mainly a cardmaker so thought this would work okay for me. (It has some of the features of the 'E') Made a box with the TBBM and it was so 'cute' but impractical because it was soooo small.

Wit the 'E' you have more of a size choice - that is my main reason for liking it. It also has more features so your options are almost endless.

Kept my Create and take it to classes since it is more portable.

Only you know if you 'need' the 'E' but I have to say I am glad I bought it. Have it out so that I will use it.

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 12-09-2010 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: additional comment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Well, if you even think you might want the Imagine, I would wait a few years and just upgrade then. JMHO. I have the E and the Imagine and honestly, I can do all I need to with the Imagine so I don't need both. Would hate to see you spend the money for E and then in a year or so want the I.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Skype™ to moneek515

There are some great site that offer great prices online. Walmart had a Black Friday sale for 185 with special cartridges. I believe it is 225 now. You can sale the special cartridges on ebay to offset the expense.

Also go to 12 Days of Christmas they have some great files for download that work well with the expression that allow for larger 3-D. I love the purses and gift bags that can't be cut on the personal cricut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2010, 05:29 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

If the budget allows I would go with the Expression. If in the future, you decide you would like to upgrade, then get the Imagine. I see no sense in waiting for months or years to upgrade. Get it now so you can enjoy it.

In my personal opinion, the Imagine is a great machine, but it is a bit touchy to use. It is not a machine you are going to move around. Once you put it on your work surface, you need to leave it there. It is not something you put away after each crafting session. You need to re-claibrate it each time you move it from one place to another anytime it's lifted. It's heavy and very large. Don't get me wrong, it is a super machine but just consider the size and expense to maintain the supplies for it.

The Expression is a much easier machine to maintain. Still it is not something that should be moved around a lot. It allows you to cut in larger sizes. Most of the cartridges that are coming out now state most images are best cut in larger sizes. This means the original Cricut may not be the machine best for the newer cartridges.

No one can say what someone's budget is, but if you can swing it, go with the Expression.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2010, 05:35 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I don't have an Imagine and I don't want one. This is very amazing since I have a lot of cutter's in my home, lol. I have nothing against the Imagine. It's just not a right fit for me. If you would love to Print & Cut with your cartridges then I say save for an imagine. Sure, it's a touchy and grouchy but PC has been pretty good at fixing everything so far. They really want this machine to work. I can see the allure in Print & Cut for the cartridges. I had a project the other day I would have loved to done that. I just went to the Silhouette Store and bought something else instead since I have a Silhouette.

The Expressions is for larger projects, working with multiples and cutting finer details. If your going to work with the Licensed cartridges like Disney you need the Expressions. You want to throttle a Disney Princess after trying to piece all those tiny pieces together if you used the Baby Cricut or Create.

The deals are really good now for an Expressions. It's a good time to buy one. I have both the Create and the Expressions. I love them both for different reasons.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but I guess I'll find out. Go to Frenchy's "Sparkle" blog to see the beautiful bracelets and necklaces she makes. Don't know Frenchy and we're ALOT of States apart. Just thought I'd mention how pretty her stuff is. Beautiful stuff Frenchy!

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2010, 05:04 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Wow Frenchy!!!! Your jewelry creations are beautiful. Your cards are beautiful too.

Reply With Quote Likes