Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-23-2015, 03:34 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Deals/Preorders of the Big Shot Plus?

Sorry if this has been asked already. I tried to search the threads for "Big Shot Plus" but the search doesn't like the word "plus" and brings up all "Big Shot" posts.

I see this new model is on the Sizzix website with a $199.99 price tag and it will be available in stores in May.

Sizzix.com - Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)

Has anyone seen any sites offering a preorder and at a good price? I'm in Canada but an American source is fine (I can ship to the border).

Thanks in advance :-)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default first I have seen about this unit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
Sorry if this has been asked already. I tried to search the threads for "Big Shot Plus" but the search doesn't like the word "plus" and brings up all "Big Shot" posts.

I see this new model is on the Sizzix website with a $199.99 price tag and it will be available in stores in May.

Sizzix.com - Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine Only (White & Gray)

Has anyone seen any sites offering a preorder and at a good price? I'm in Canada but an American source is fine (I can ship to the border).

Thanks in advance :-)
This is the first I have heard about rhis machine. If you dont find someone else to help you please let me know and I will see what kind of price I can get for you. The shipping to Canada is what I think will cost a bunch...but Im just guessing.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 05:16 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I did a quick google search and found this. https://m.facebook.com/addedtouchscrapbook?_rdr You might be able to find more or add Canada to the search.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 08:42 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I read somewhere (I didn't bookmark it) that there is even another BS coming out in May. I'd like to have a bigger one but I think I'll wait to see what the future holds and I want to read some reviews before jumping in for something else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 02:35 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

News to me also, interesting machine!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure — a bigger machine to go with their upcoming bigger dies LOL More to buy buy buy!

I have always been terrible with size and scale (I can't picture what a 25-foot boat looks like to save my life, for instance) so when I got my Big Shot, I couldn't believe how narrow the roller opening was. For the longest time I kept trying to insert a 5 x 7 card front into it LOL And I've bought so many "background" stamps and embossing folders that seem miniature when I got them home, because I rarely work in the A2 size. Maybe this is the machine for me — or the Pro!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Sizzix is also coming out with an extended magnetic platform, colored cutting mats and something "called"? ink transfer sheets, i think. They allow you to take any die placed on the transfer sheet and it stamps the image on your paper. This also needs another mat so it doesn't cut the image out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Scrapbooking Made Simple has a video of it. And I think you can preorder from her. The mat will allow you to us your thin metal dies to add foil to paper. Watch it is seems to be an awesome idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2015, 09:11 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

I happened to stubble upon this site through the big shot forum. They advertised the new big shot plus with 9" wide platform for $139.99 pre-ordered. I would check them out? Hope this helps!

scrapbookingmadesimple.com/sizzix-big-shot-plus-machine

Last edited by Candyw82; 01-27-2015 at 09:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2015, 01:59 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did see that SMS was offering preorers for like $139.99 or something like that, I thought???? Check them out. I thought about getting it, but I just bought a new SU Big Shot last year, so I can't really justify the little larger one, not sure if I really need it at this time. But I thought that was a pretty good deal. Check em out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks! SMS looks like it might be my best option. Hubby doesn't know it yet, but this will be my Mother's Day gift from him :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

So, it is a machine bigger than the original Big Shot but smaller than the Bit Shot Pro? I guess if I am gonna spend the money, I want the larger opening with hopes of larger embossing folders for 12 inch surfaces, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2015, 06:08 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I talked with my LSS owner and she said she would get me one and give me a discount. So I am supporting a local business woman and getting a bit of a deal. Is the Pro electric? And how hard is it to find bigger embossing folders? I bought an Ebosser with folders and hardly ever use it. I want a larger scale manual machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2015, 02:27 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

There's quite a gap in price from the regular, Plus and Pro versions. The Plus will be direct competition for the Grand Calibur and the eBosser sized machines. The Plus makes more sense for me because I'm more of a card maker so don't have much of a need for dies that would be bigger than a standard 8.5X11 sheet of paper. Scrap booking crafters would most likely find the 12X12 Pro more useful. I also have a Silhouette that I can do 12X12 shapes if need be. It's more for the larger than 5X7 embossing folders that I want the Plus version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity3333usView Post
So, it is a machine bigger than the original Big Shot but smaller than the Bit Shot Pro? I guess if I am gonna spend the money, I want the larger opening with hopes of larger embossing folders for 12 inch surfaces, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2015, 02:33 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

There are very few LSS in my area of Nova Scotia. They put very little mark-up on the pricier products such as this in order to try to be price competitive with online retailers. They don't make much off of these higher priced ticket items and have very little room to offer a significant discount. Unfortunately, with Sizzix's suggested retail price of $199.99 in the USA, that machine, once it goes through the distributors who have the wholesale rights to sell in Canada to our LSS, the machine will be most likely be over $300 plus 15% sales tax (in my province - it varies by province). If my LSS could get it in at the price that SMS is offering, I'd happily but it locally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirlView Post
I talked with my LSS owner and she said she would get me one and give me a discount. So I am supporting a local business woman and getting a bit of a deal. Is the Pro electric? And how hard is it to find bigger embossing folders? I bought an Ebosser with folders and hardly ever use it. I want a larger scale manual machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm just about ready to order from SMS but I'm really nervous they won't have the stock to meet the demand. I can find no other online stores offering a preorder. I don't want to get into a situation where my money is tied up for a long period of time and then someone else comes out with it with stock available. I've never shopped at SMS so that makes me a bit cautious as well. I also see it is supposed to be out in the UK as of yesterday or today. I wonder how they got it sooner than North America.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

I am expecting (hoping) to take delivery of my Big Shot Plus this week here in the UK. �125.00 which I think is an excellent price.

Will let you know my first impressions.

I have a Cuttlebug at the moment which I love but I'm looking forward to having more working room.

Lesley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleybdView Post
I am expecting (hoping) to take delivery of my Big Shot Plus this week here in the UK. �125.00 which I think is an excellent price.

Will let you know my first impressions.

I have a Cuttlebug at the moment which I love but I'm looking forward to having more working room.

Lesley
That would convert to about $235 in Canadian currency and it will be about $195 in Canadian currency if I buy it in the USA. The pricing isn't too far apart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2015, 04:22 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

I have a Big Shot Pro, so while I'm not in the market for the BS Plus, I can't wait to see the new dies that will come out for it!

(For the person who asked upthread, the BSP is not electric. However, AccuQuilt just came out with an electric cutter that will accommodate dies up to 14". ACQ GO dies are like Sizzix Originals. Regular ACQ dies are like AccuCut wood dies and Ellison wood dies. ACQ is the fabric division of ACC, and Ellison is the parent company of Sizzix.)

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 03-17-2015 at 07:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2015, 03:05 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Default Big Shot Plus

I just bought mine for $149.99 online from Stamps of Life, owned by Stephanie Barnard, who is one of their major designers (magnetic platform and multiple dies/stamps). Her website is great! If you buy the bigger machine, it ships for free, which is the same price as the lowest price on most of the websites (they note 139.99, but charge another 9.99 to ship).

Looking forward to this. I have so many flip-it dies of hers and they just make the entrance through the regular Big Shot machine. It'll be nice NOT to have to cut paper and do more diecutting on one pass through the machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 02:39 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeitequeenView Post
I just bought mine for $149.99 online from Stamps of Life, owned by Stephanie Barnard, who is one of their major designers (magnetic platform and multiple dies/stamps). Her website is great! If you buy the bigger machine, it ships for free, which is the same price as the lowest price on most of the websites (they note 139.99, but charge another 9.99 to ship).

Looking forward to this. I have so many flip-it dies of hers and they just make the entrance through the regular Big Shot machine. It'll be nice NOT to have to cut paper and do more diecutting on one pass through the machine.
Hmmm. Their site doesn't say it is a pre-order so I wonder if they actually have it in stock now. Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Default Big Shot Plus

Hi, it must be in stock, because my machine is on its way. I received an email this morning that it was SHIPPED!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 05:07 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm jealous LOL! I ended up ordering mine locally from a LSS. It was a bit more money than ordering from the USA and I have to wait until May for it but it is ordered. I've waited this long so I can wait a bit longer. At least I keep telling myself that LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 05:34 AM   #24  
Embossing Fanatic

Anyone who received this machine, please let us know what you think of it and if its worth upgrading to the Big Shot Plus from the Big Shot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 11:28 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

I've read quite a few reviews of it from those in the UK who have upgraded on a couple of crafting Facebook groups I am in and I have not found one negative comment about it as of yet. They've had it available for purchase and in stores for a few weeks now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Big Shot + machine

My big shot plus is replacing my big shot that died after 8+ years. I think I've got my money's worth. I ordered it from TSOL Stephanie Bernard early on 3/31/15. It arrived 4/01/15 5:10 p.m.! This isn't an April Fool's Joke! I'm so pleased with their shipping so quickly, free. TSOL Rocks in customer service!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2015, 12:11 AM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

Default Big Shot Plus

Quote:

Originally Posted by KERRSKREATIONSView Post
My big shot plus is replacing my big shot that died after 8+ years. I think I've got my money's worth. I ordered it from TSOL Stephanie Bernard early on 3/31/15. It arrived 4/01/15 5:10 p.m.! This isn't an April Fool's Joke! I'm so pleased with their shipping so quickly, free. TSOL Rocks in customer service!
Congrats!! Mine hasn't arrived yet, probably bc I live in Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #28  
Kookie Creator

I love my new Big Shot Plus. I do find the cutting plates very cumbersome though so I bought a set of standard plates for using with smaller dies and embossing folders. That way I can just leave the platform and shim(s) on the machine and the only thing I have to lift are the standard cutting pads.

If I need to use an A4 folder or bigger die I can use the plates than come with the Plus.

I wish I'd bought the standard plates before I cut into the big ones. 😒

Lesley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

I just got my Big Shot for Christmas so I can't justify a new one. I'm perfectly content with it anyway! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

The regular Big Shot is all well and fine and I was content with it for quite awhile but then LSS and other online stores started carrying embossing folders that wouldn't fit the regular Big Shot. Friends bought them and cut them down to fit. I couldn't make myself cut them down so the new Big Shot Plus is the perfect one for me. I was going to go for the eBosser before the Plus came out but I worried about repairing electrical items should anything go wrong. Manual is easier to fix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 05:11 PM   #31  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

The regular Big Shot is all well and fine and I was content with it for quite awhile but then LSS and other online stores started carrying embossing folders that wouldn't fit the regular Big Shot. Friends bought them and cut them down to fit. I couldn't make myself cut them down so the new Big Shot Plus is the perfect one for me. I was going to go for the eBosser before the Plus came out but I worried about repairing electrical items should anything go wrong. Manual is easier to fix.
Hi Leslie,

I live in Ontario, Canada and am not familiar with LSS...can you please clarify so that I can investigate it in Ontario? I would love to get the Big Shot plus since I have many A2 embossing folders and several Spellbinders Grand dies.

Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

LSS -local stamp store, I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2015, 05:22 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, LSS is the generic term for an "local scrapbooking store". Mine arrives on Friday. I was able to find it in Nova Scotia for $230 taxes included. It is now on Amazon.com for around $150 USD with free shipping (if you have a place to ship it to in the USA). So, I paid around $30 more for it in Canada versus what I would have paid in the USA. But I'll have it now and not have to wait :-)

If anyone else is local to HRM or surrounding areas, it is The Scrapbooking Cafe Online is selling it for $230 taxes included but if you're not local, I imagine there will be shipping on top of that and she's probably heavy :-)

http://scrapbookingcafeonline.ca/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scrap...182271?fref=ts

The webpage is showing as not available at the moment but she's working on whatever is causing that technical issue.

Happy die cutting :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #34  
Stampin' Fool

Oh my gosh. Where have I been? I just discovered the Big shot plus tonight. This is something I just have to get. Have to wait a bit as I just bought some stamps and supplies. But this is going to the top of my wish list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2015, 10:03 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is this the one that weighs 44 pounds? If so my Texas sis ordered it from Amazon while I was visiting. It rrived the day before I left and I could have used it but I didnt want to be the first to mark oe of the pretty new plates...lol
It sure was pretty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 03:04 AM   #36  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Is this the one that weighs 44 pounds? If so my Texas sis ordered it from Amazon while I was visiting. It rrived the day before I left and I could have used it but I didnt want to be the first to mark oe of the pretty new plates...lol
It sure was pretty!
It weighs 16 pounds. You might be thinking of the Big Shot Pro which is 12 x 12. This is smaller than the pro but bigger than the regular big shot. It handles 8.5 by 11 which is plenty big for me.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 07:57 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default ok, thank you.

I loved the bluevand white pretty colors on this machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
It weighs 16 pounds. You might be thinking of the Big Shot Pro which is 12 x 12. This is smaller than the pro but bigger than the regular big shot. It handles 8.5 by 11 which is plenty big for me.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

There's quite a gap in price from the regular, Plus and Pro versions. The Plus will be direct competition for the Grand Calibur and the eBosser sized machines. The Plus makes more sense for me because I'm more of a card maker so don't have much of a need for dies that would be bigger than a standard 8.5X11 sheet of paper. Scrap booking crafters would most likely find the 12X12 Pro more useful. I also have a Silhouette that I can do 12X12 shapes if need be. It's more for the larger than 5X7 embossing folders that I want the Plus version.
It looks like a great alternative to the larger Big Shot Pro, I'd be buying one if I didn't have my BSPro, love it! BSP (Big Shot Pro) and BSP (Big Shot Plus), how are we going to handle this in posts?:confused:
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress

Last edited by Annecards; 05-21-2015 at 08:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2015, 05:22 AM   #39  
Kookie Creator

I just got my Big Shot Plus that I pre-ordered from SMS back in February. Ellison/Sizzix shipped it directly and it weighs 18 lbs according to the shipping label. I paid $139.99 for pre-order and when ever they got around to shipping it. Not too bad since the estimated available date was April 15.

Now I can use the Spellbinders Grands dies in it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #40  
Inking Addict

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Leslie, in her video Stacy says she cannot ship internationally, so we have to find a Canadian retailer, I guess. I don't have any other way to have it shipped. I'm in Ontario.

Dianne
Reply With Quote Likes