Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:20 AM   #321  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw, where in St.Louis do you live? I am in the south county, a mile or two from the mall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #322  
Rubber Obsessor

Subscribing...I'm interesting in continuing to learn more about CTMH.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #323  
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome Jonelle!
How did you find out about CTMH?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 AM   #324  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Thank you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndiAnnaJonesView Post
Welcome Jonelle!
How did you find out about CTMH?
Thank you for the welcome! I found out about CTMH when talking with my CM consultant one day. CM recently came out with the pages that you can slip your lo into. She said that previously she had bought these from CTMH when she needed them.

So....curious me...went online and did some searching. I have done very little stamping and have not been very interested in it...hence my SCS name - Paperhappy3... I enjoy scrapbooking and crafting with paper. However, these clear stamps seem really interesting and I love the choices for the personalized stamps - would love that for my Christmas cards that I have started.

There is a CTMH consultant in my town, but her website calendar shows no events. However, there is a gal about 1/2 hr. drive from me who has quite a bit on her calendar including a Fall Open House on Nov. 2. Thinking I really need to make the effort to attend her open house!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #325  
Rubber Obsessor

Sounds like a good idea. That way you get to see the products, may be even try them if she has a make-n-take.

I don't do many training and events either, since I haven't started teaching anything. I sell mostly to friends and family and hold a class or two of card making if someone requests it. May be next year, I will get into the groove of things or may be now is a good time to do it, since people might be interested in making holiday cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #326  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperhappy3View Post
Thank you for the welcome! I found out about CTMH when talking with my CM consultant one day. CM recently came out with the pages that you can slip your lo into. She said that previously she had bought these from CTMH when she needed them.

So....curious me...went online and did some searching. I have done very little stamping and have not been very interested in it...hence my SCS name - Paperhappy3... I enjoy scrapbooking and crafting with paper. However, these clear stamps seem really interesting and I love the choices for the personalized stamps - would love that for my Christmas cards that I have started.

There is a CTMH consultant in my town, but her website calendar shows no events. However, there is a gal about 1/2 hr. drive from me who has quite a bit on her calendar including a Fall Open House on Nov. 2. Thinking I really need to make the effort to attend her open house!!

Oh that will be fun if you can go! That's how I found out about CTMH. I saw an ad with some cute paper that I wanted but had never heard of the company before. I googled it and found LOTS of cute paper packs....especially since I like to stamp also and scrap for boys! I went to an Open House also, very fun! Definitely you'll be hooked!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2008, 04:40 AM   #327  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

btw, where in St.Louis do you live? I am in the south county, a mile or two from the mall.
I'm actually about 20 miles outside of St. Louis... I'm in a small town called East Alton, IL. Just over the bridge.

Who's your upline? My upline's Nora Nelson.
www.jensmessystudio.com
www.facebook.com/jensmessystudio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #328  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Where Is Everybody?

Hey CTMH Scrappers....it's VSBN weekend! HERE Come and Play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #329  
Mad Swapper

OK I am so excited, I just submitted my application to be a CTMH consultant. After a few weeks of trying to find a consultant to sign me up I was lucky enough to find one that helped me and now I am just waiting for approval and then I guess I have to wait for the parcels to arrive, I can hardly stand the wait. I am ready for a new adventure in my life, I enjoy using the SU products but I am glad that I now have a different source of supplies and information, and I plan on getting my oldest DD and my mom into scrapbooking so they have something to do in the evenings when it is cold outside. Thanks for letting me share my excitment with you all.

Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #330  
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome to the sisterhood Jackie!!!
If you are that excited already, I am sure you will do well. Good luck with everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #331  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama3boysView Post
I'm actually about 20 miles outside of St. Louis... I'm in a small town called East Alton, IL. Just over the bridge.

Who's your upline? My upline's Nora Nelson.
I used to work there (when I was working) at Jefferson Smurfit/Smurfit Stone.
My upline is nowhere near by. She was a blogging friend of mine from NH :-)

I keep in touch with Jennifer Mueller, in town.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #332  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Welcome to the sisterhood Jackie!!!
If you are that excited already, I am sure you will do well. Good luck with everything!

Thank you.

I just got an email from CTMH welcoming me, so I guess that means that I am in the club now, YEAH. Now I just have to wait about a week for the parcels to get here, do you think they would let me come and pick them up? LOL I hate waiting it is one of my faults, I guess that I will have to learn patience LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #333  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just joined CTMH too! I am very excited! My package is due to arrive on Monday! Wahoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #334  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalkaskamzView Post
I just joined CTMH too! I am very excited! My package is due to arrive on Monday! Wahoo!
Welcome to CTMH!! You picked such a good time to sign up. The extra "chocolate" kit makes it such an awesome deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #335  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamptildawn1View Post
Welcome to CTMH!! You picked such a good time to sign up. The extra "chocolate" kit makes it such an awesome deal!
Thanks for the welcome! I'm really looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #336  
Mad Swapper

Just my two cents. I think CTMH and SU complement each other beautifully. We offer enough different products that we can buy from each other without having a conflict. I just used the Liquid Applique in one of my SU meetings (which I can do, since we don't sell it). The stampers loved it, and I took orders for my CTMH demonstrator for 10 of them. I personally like rubber stamps better because I can get a crisper stamped image - but that's just me. I must have a heavy hand or something, because I just can't get a good stamped image with the acrylic. But . . . that's the beauty of the two companies - they're different enough that together they can accommodate everyone's needs.

Love CTMH.

Linda, SU Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #337  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Yeah for You!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackie1View Post
OK I am so excited, I just submitted my application to be a CTMH consultant. After a few weeks of trying to find a consultant to sign me up I was lucky enough to find one that helped me and now I am just waiting for approval and then I guess I have to wait for the parcels to arrive, I can hardly stand the wait. I am ready for a new adventure in my life, I enjoy using the SU products but I am glad that I now have a different source of supplies and information, and I plan on getting my oldest DD and my mom into scrapbooking so they have something to do in the evenings when it is cold outside. Thanks for letting me share my excitment with you all.

Jackie
Congrats Jackie! That will be LOTS of Fun! I was just scrappin' tonight and really enjoying my CTMH stamps...I've got papers all picked out for some Autumn pages also
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #338  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Woohoo!

Quote:

Yeah for you too Kimberly! How VERY fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #339  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Me too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickUpsView Post
Just my two cents. I think CTMH and SU complement each other beautifully. We offer enough different products that we can buy from each other without having a conflict. I just used the Liquid Applique in one of my SU meetings (which I can do, since we don't sell it). The stampers loved it, and I took orders for my CTMH demonstrator for 10 of them. I personally like rubber stamps better because I can get a crisper stamped image - but that's just me. I must have a heavy hand or something, because I just can't get a good stamped image with the acrylic. But . . . that's the beauty of the two companies - they're different enough that together they can accommodate everyone's needs.

Love CTMH.

Linda, SU Demonstrator
I struggled some with Acrylic stamps until my Demo taught me to put the "pad" that comes with the stamps under the paper I was stamping on. WOW! Perfect! Try it! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 AM   #340  
Kookie Creator

Smile CTMH - Angel Policy

CTMH's Angel Policy doesn't appear to have restrictions on internet or retail sales. www.closetomyheart.com/angelpolicy unless I'm missing something in my interpretation.

I'm glad they've relaxed their angel policy so much; theirs is less restrictive/specific than SU's and the clear stamps are a nice incentive to check them out again! I have a catalog on the way and look forward to seeing their designs again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 AM   #341  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Love CTMH.

Linda, SU Demonstrator
I agree with you Linda about being able to use products from both companies. Eventhough I have just signed up with CTMH and when I am having a class I will use only the CTMH products, I still like the SU products and will not be getting rid of them anytime soon. I find the SU is better for cardmaking and the CTMH is more for scrapbooking so we can have the best of both worlds with these companies. By the way it was a few years ago in one of the SU minis that they sold the Liquid Applique so you can tell your customers that it use to be a SU product. As for using the acrylic stamp I understand what you are saying, the first few times I used them I pressed to hard and the image was mushie, I put a mouse pad underneath the paper and tried it that way until I got use to not using so much pressure on the clear stamps.

Love both companies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 AM   #342  
Rubber Obsessor

Get over it ladies. We are all just addicted to anything that holds ink and makes an image on paper :-))
No matter what the company. Pretty image, pretty flowers give them to me. I love them all. Inkadinkado, paper trey, you name it, I love it. I would have a hard time teaching, since that means I have to use only one company products.

Cheers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #343  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Love CTMH.

Linda, SU Demonstrator
I was an SU demo for 4 years before going inactive back when summer started. For me, SU is much more of a cardmaking, papercrafts company and I am much more of a scrapbooker. This is why CTMH is a better fit for me. I have tons and tons of SU product and I love them and will continue to use them, I am just looking so forward to the scrapbooking aspect that CTMH offers me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #344  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Get over it ladies. We are all just addicted to anything that holds ink and makes an image on paper :-))
No matter what the company. Pretty image, pretty flowers give them to me. I love them all. Inkadinkado, paper trey, you name it, I love it. I would have a hard time teaching, since that means I have to use only one company products.

Cheers!!!
*giggle* Well, I am not actually addicted to the things that hold ink and makes images on paper. As a matter of fact, I rarely use stamps...it's all about the paper and accessories for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #345  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

*giggle* Well, I am not actually addicted to the things that hold ink and makes images on paper. As a matter of fact, I rarely use stamps...it's all about the paper and accessories for me!
I guess I am double addicted then. I love my paper and accessories too. Can't get enough of them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #346  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I guess I am double addicted then. I love my paper and accessories too. Can't get enough of them
yeah, sounds like you've got it bad. There is no cure, i've looked!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #347  
Mad Swapper

This week keeps getting better and better for me. I signed up with CTMH yesterday and about 1hr ago I got the UPS notice that my parcel has shipped, it will be here on the 31st, I hope the UPS person isn't a prankster and says it is a trick, maybe I should have some treats for him, What do you think.
Oh and Annapurna I agree with buying my stamps from other companies besides CTMH and SU, I am a equal oportunity buyer, I buy from any stamp company that will take my DH's hard earned money to be able to supply my habit LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #348  
Rubber Obsessor

Your UPS guy is going to love you for sure. Mine rings the bell, when I open it he says, got another package for ya. I feel sorry for that guy :-)

That was really quick. No matter which day I put in my order, I always seem to have mine shipped on Wed. Next time I am going to try putting an order in on Tue and see if I can get a tracking on Wed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #349  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Me too!

Quote:

I was an SU demo for 4 years before going inactive back when summer started. For me, SU is much more of a cardmaking, papercrafts company and I am much more of a scrapbooker. This is why CTMH is a better fit for me. I have tons and tons of SU product and I love them and will continue to use them, I am just looking so forward to the scrapbooking aspect that CTMH offers me.
Same for me. It's working out GREAT! I scrap for boys too so CTMH has lots more paper packs that work for those scrap pages. I still like my SU! stash (8-1/2 x 11) cardstock for cards when I want to make them. I'm also finding I use my stamps more often scrapping now. It's all good! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #350  
Glitter Guru

I thought I should just chime in!! I am so loving my new CTMH stamps and paper!! I put the little packing material under my stamping and it works wonderfully. The part I like the best is the easy storage of the stamps! They are all just a reach away and I can actually see what is in each set. I am also enamored by the paper--it really makes scrapbooking so much easier! I became a consultant just under a month ago and I am really enjoying it. I wish I could go to the CTMH scrapbook session in Salt Lake, but it looks like I should pay bills instead
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #351  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Laugh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fressheView Post
I thought I should just chime in!! I am so loving my new CTMH stamps and paper!! I put the little packing material under my stamping and it works wonderfully. The part I like the best is the easy storage of the stamps! They are all just a reach away and I can actually see what is in each set. I am also enamored by the paper--it really makes scrapbooking so much easier! I became a consultant just under a month ago and I am really enjoying it. I wish I could go to the CTMH scrapbook session in Salt Lake, but it looks like I should pay bills instead
What?!! Pay bills over going to a Scrapbook Session....?? LOL! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #352  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Art & Soul TV

Hey, are you gals just lovin' the Tuesdays CTMH "Art & Soul" TV specials? I really liked the Journaling one last week, I've got just the picts to try that one with! I've really enjoyed each session!

If you're NOT watching them, oh my! You gotta start! Check out your Demo's website you will find them there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #353  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
What?!! Pay bills over going to a Scrapbook Session....?? LOL! :rolleyes:
I know, isnt that just unbelievable! Album Retreat--that was what it was called and if it is still opne in Nov. I might still get to go!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #354  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I used to work there (when I was working) at Jefferson Smurfit/Smurfit Stone.
My upline is nowhere near by. She was a blogging friend of mine from NH :-)

I keep in touch with Jennifer Mueller, in town.
You're kidding me?! I have a friend that works at the place!! her name is Christina Henry (now Sorgea) Wonder if you know her?
www.jensmessystudio.com
www.facebook.com/jensmessystudio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #355  
Rubber Obsessor

This was back in 98 or 99. Not sure if I will even recognize people that I worked with there, never mind the names :-) That name doesn't ring a bell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #356  
Cardstock Collector

Default Congrats on becoming a CTMH Gal! I am also one in Northeast MIchigan

Quote:

This week keeps getting better and better for me. I signed up with CTMH yesterday and about 1hr ago I got the UPS notice that my parcel has shipped, it will be here on the 31st, I hope the UPS person isn't a prankster and says it is a trick, maybe I should have some treats for him, What do you think.
Oh and Annapurna I agree with buying my stamps from other companies besides CTMH and SU, I am a equal oportunity buyer, I buy from any stamp company that will take my DH's hard earned money to be able to supply my habit LOL.

www.happystampers.myctmh.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #357  
Mad Swapper

Default It's Here It's Here

My Parcel from CTMH arrived this afternoon, two days early. I have gone through everything and I am so overwhelmed. I can't wait to try everything out and play with the new toys. I do have to finish up some projects for a craft sale that a friend of mine is having but when I am done those I will break in my new stamps.

Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #358  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking YEAH! YEAH!

Quote:

My Parcel from CTMH arrived this afternoon, two days early. I have gone through everything and I am so overwhelmed. I can't wait to try everything out and play with the new toys. I do have to finish up some projects for a craft sale that a friend of mine is having but when I am done those I will break in my new stamps.

Jackie
Jackie, how AWESOME your goodies arrived. Can't wait to hear about the FUN stuff you come up with !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #359  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Lots of fun!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Oh that will be fun if you can go! That's how I found out about CTMH. I saw an ad with some cute paper that I wanted but had never heard of the company before. I googled it and found LOTS of cute paper packs....especially since I like to stamp also and scrap for boys! I went to an Open House also, very fun! Definitely you'll be hooked!
I went to the open house and really enjoyed it!! She showed me step by step how the stamps work, inking, cleaning, etc. I only made one of the cards she had set up, but it turned out so cute!! - however I learned I am not very good at tearing freehand... :rolleyes:

I had set myself a low limit beforehand as to how much I was going to spend and thank goodness that I did!!! But I am so excited to get my stuff - I just got the Merry Pursuits set and a black stamp pad. Those elves are so cute and I thought it would be fun to try coloring them. I guess my plans have changed for my Christmas cards. It is a good thing that I only have the back layer of cardstock cut already! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #360  
SCS RAK Coordinator

has anyone seen the Originals Book? It is on page 12 of the catalog. Wondering what you think... good ideas or is SCS just as good?
Reply With Quote Likes