Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #41  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrisanneView Post
I've been ordering from CTMH since January, but my demo.... well, she gave me a catalog and we meet once a month to place an order. That's it! I would really like a little more information. fastmommie, would you mind letting me know what the June promo is? I read buy 2 get one free. How exactly does it work? Any dollar limits?
Hi! The June promo is Stampaganza! You buy two stamp sets and get third of equal or lessor value for free. (excluding K & E stamp sets and you can't take the Stamp of the Month for free unless you spend $100). I don't believe there is any limit. I just ordered 4 sets and got 2 free! Can't wait to get them.:mrgreen:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #42  
Glitter Queen

:cool: Yes you aren't supposed to sell CTMH creations on Ebay or at retail stores. But I have seen that Angel Policy stamp on Ebay for sale. While we are on CTMH I am looking for a new or gently used "Down on the Farm" set. It has a barn, chicken, cow and not sure what else. If you have one or know of one available please send me an email! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

I think you can order from the last 2 catalogs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

Ok, I'll jump in! I just placed my very first CTMH order (took advantage of the Stampaganza!) and can't wait to get it!! I really wanted A Birthday Wish (love those big heads!) and then once I looked at the recent cattys, I went NUTS!! I even got a couple co-workers to order with me and we'll split our FREE SOTM!!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:20 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by holbrooomView Post
I've only seen that stamp on Ebay for sale. I can't seem to find it in any CTMH book. Is that something you have to ask for special? Thanks!
Anyone can order the CTMH Angel Policy set it's A1086 $10.95

(Hey Holbrooom, don't I know you?;))

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #46  
Glitter Guru

I just picked up an old CTMH catty someone was giving away--it is the Autumn-Winter 2006, and I stayed up too late last night looking through it. I loved it! Such a nice catalog, with so many great samples and tips and instructions! I really appreciated it and think I will be looking through it lots more. If that is an old, out dated catty, I can't wait to get my hands on the current one. SU has tons more images, and I like them heaps, but there were quite a few sets and accessories that I really liked in this book, plus I just loved the scrapbooking pages. It is a wonderful catty and resource!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Default CTMH Idea Book and catty

When I first became a consultant the best gift anyone could give me was the old idea books ie catalogs. I still have them and frequently revisit them. The same with stampin'up catalogs. Lots of ideas and art work. Now I have scs and it has replaced me buying magazines. Where else can I see 1000 photos a day of cards. Course those photos caused me to buy from Papertrey, Gina, cuttlebug, stampin up, etc.
Which reminds me of another subject that some companies are missing the boat on their angel policy. The more I see on ebay, scs, blogs, etc. the more I buy and if any of those venues are closed so are their expanded sales. There is enough for all and what a great advertising tool.

http//scruffydreams.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #48  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

If you're looking for a place to chat about CTMH, Why not ask the mod's to set up a place in "Fun and Games" Thread.

This is where TAC has their set up. Althought TAC has their own Websites for their Demo's.

Also if you're looking for ideas in the Gallery. Do a search for CTMH in the gallery.

Also when uploading cards and idea into the gallery, Don't forget those Keywords.

It will make is easier for other's to find things made with CTMH products.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunamokView Post
I= If that is an old, out dated catty, I can't wait to get my hands on the current one.
CTMH now puts out a new catalog 3 times a year (Spring on Jan 1st, Summer on May 1st and Autm./Winter on Sept 1st)! Each catalog however is still "current" for that entire year.
I LOVE knowing that every four months I'll have new stuff to buy and a great new catalog to flip through

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #50  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks so much for the info holbrooom! I love my SU sets, but have to admit that having the clear stamps for placement is soooo nice! Has anyone tried the CTMH B&T Duos? I absolutely love the It's a Guy Thing paper pack, but am not completely sold on the paper. I don't believe it is CS, but is it a little heavier than just a print paper (no slam here, but I am meaning DCWV pattern paper... kind of flimsy)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

I just got in the Woops a daisy paper and I LOVE IT beautiful. and it is the same as the paper you get at HL or any where else; the card stock is the same weight as SU but it has a white core so you can distress it on the edges; or you can wrinkle it and flatten it out and sand it to get a real nice distressed look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
If you're looking for a place to chat about CTMH, Why not ask the mod's to set up a place in "Fun and Games" Thread.

This is where TAC has their set up. Althought TAC has their own Websites for their Demo's.

Also if you're looking for ideas in the Gallery. Do a search for CTMH in the gallery.

Also when uploading cards and idea into the gallery, Don't forget those Keywords.

It will make is easier for other's to find things made with CTMH products.
I don't see any fun and games thread?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #53  
Glitter Guru

Heather, thanks for the info, that was going to be my next question! I just went online and browsed through this year's cattys so far, and was wondering if we could still order from the Spring one, so thank you! My next question is how long can you order from the Fall/Winter catty? Does everything stay in for a year after the catty comes out or do you just get to order from that one until next year's Spring catty comes out?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrisanneView Post
Thanks so much for the info holbrooom! I love my SU sets, but have to admit that having the clear stamps for placement is soooo nice! Has anyone tried the CTMH B&T Duos? I absolutely love the It's a Guy Thing paper pack, but am not completely sold on the paper. I don't believe it is CS, but is it a little heavier than just a print paper (no slam here, but I am meaning DCWV pattern paper... kind of flimsy)?
Our B&T duos are indeed similar to printed paper. One side has the design, and the other side is a solid color. It is not cardstock weight.
Our cardstock is all white core cardstock, and I happen to love that!

I enjoy using the cuttlebug to emboss, and then lightly sanding the surface to give it a much more "rustic" feel.

I agree that the older Idea Books are alot of fun for inspiration! Sometimes you just need to "see" a sample to trigger an idea in your mind.

Our Ideas books Spring 08, Summer 08, and Fall/Winter 08 (active Sept 1) are all "active". You may order out of any of them until Dec 31.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunamokView Post
Heather, thanks for the info, that was going to be my next question! I just went online and browsed through this year's cattys so far, and was wondering if we could still order from the Spring one, so thank you! My next question is how long can you order from the Fall/Winter catty? Does everything stay in for a year after the catty comes out or do you just get to order from that one until next year's Spring catty comes out?
Since you have last years fall/winter catalog some of the items may be discontinued, and some may have price changes. you could certainly check and see the status on anything you like, we could tell you if its current.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

ooo fastmommie i never thought about putting it through the cuttlebug! coool ideal; now I have to get one. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieGallView Post
ooo fastmommie i never thought about putting it through the cuttlebug! coool ideal; now I have to get one. LOL
Its really nice.
I dont' have an actual cuttlebug. I use my original red sizzix. The embossing folders go right thru as long as you also use that adapter thing you would use for the sizzlits dies.

I'm going to be hunting the newest releases that aren't really in the stores yet. One is of a Christmas tree, and I think it would look beautiful with either fun flock for snow on the branches, or maybe some glitter, or embossed. I will have to play around with it and see. Well, once I find that one in the stores anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1chrystalView Post
I'm new to CTMH... Do I really have to wait until August to get the August SOTM? I REALLY want that stamp set!

I love the look of the paper and can't wait until my 1st order arrives.

If I have a $225 order, do I get 2 SOTM's free?
Is there anything else I should know?
Like the other person said is correct, but if you're going to place an order that big, get a couple of friends to order too, and let's get you some hostess gift, girl! Free gifts are a great thing! DOn't forget June stampaganza... buy two stamp sets and the third one is free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #59  
Crimping Master

So the Stampaganza deal wasn't exactly what I thought... I thought it was buy 2 sets and get a third of equal or lesser value free, but my demo just told me that the free sets have to be of equal or lesser value than the cheapest set of the customer's order. Meaning that even though I'm ordering 6 sets that are $22.95, I can't get any of them free because I'm also ordering a $13.95 set (which I'd get for free).

So now she's trying to help me break up the orders so I can still get the higher sets for free, but it's quite a headache.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #60  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I don't see any fun and games thread?

Fun and Games is listed under Swaps: But here is a link to the Fun and Games threads:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 04:41 AM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mm9772View Post
So the Stampaganza deal wasn't exactly what I thought... I thought it was buy 2 sets and get a third of equal or lesser value free,
Well, it is if you are only buying 2 sets. If you buy more you get the least expensive sets of your entire order.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 06:01 AM   #62  
Inking Addict

Amber,

I just preordered most of the new Cuttlebug embossing folders (so cool!) from OH My Crafts: www.ohmycrafts.com

The folders were about a dollar less than the retail price...most were $4.99.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 06:11 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckrup0945View Post
Amber,

I just preordered most of the new Cuttlebug embossing folders (so cool!) from OH My Crafts: www.ohmycrafts.com

The folders were about a dollar less than the retail price...most were $4.99.
Good to know! Thanks for sharing this info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #64  

Received 1,400 Likes on 526 Posts

I rediscovered CTMH last fall after a 7 year absence. Back then, it was country cute and I don't like that style. Last September, I saw in a scrapbook magazine ad CTMH had big brads. I found a demo just 5 miles from me and I'm hooked! I love the whimisical and free-spirited look to their stamps. And their paper designs are beautiful! I also love that the cardstock is white core. Their accessories prices aren't too bad, either - I'm sure the big box craft stores are cheaper but I don't like shopping and I love working with quality goods. It's so nice to have CTMH delivered right to me and have it be of great quality!

I find CTMH's catalogs so inspiring and lovely to look at! I read them over and over! If it didn't hurt my demo so much, I'd be a consultant in a heartbeat when the next special comes along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

I got CTMH little bag that holds their ink pads; in the catalog it says that it holds 12 pads but mine holds 14, I love it that they are so portable! I do most of my stamping at crops. and with the flat stamps and the portable ink pads it's not a lot to carry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #66  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
I find CTMH's catalogs so inspiring and lovely to look at! I read them over and over! If it didn't hurt my demo so much, I'd be a consultant in a heartbeat when the next special comes along.
Have you talked to your consultant about it? She might not think it would "hurt" her to have you join her team. She may think it's a great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #67  
Matboard Maniac

I'm a new CTMH consultant and I'm not 100% sold on any of the CTMH paper. I still order paper from SU. I know that sounds terrible, but the CS is just so flimsy. I really like the "strength" in SU's cs. I used to be an SU demo as well a 3 years ago. I do really love that CTMH has the white core though.

I just can not get into that Boom Di Ada paper. EWWW! That ugly stuff came in my kit. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #68  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyincincyView Post
I'm a new CTMH consultant and I'm not 100% sold on any of the CTMH paper. I still order paper from SU. I know that sounds terrible, but the CS is just so flimsy. I really like the "strength" in SU's cs. I used to be an SU demo as well a 3 years ago. I do really love that CTMH has the white core though.

I just can not get into that Boom Di Ada paper. EWWW! That ugly stuff came in my kit. LOL!
Have you tried the textured CS. It is thicker than the normal and is just wonderful to use. Seriously, give it a try. I love it because I can layer without it getting to heavy.

www.NicoleEBecker.myctmh.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #69  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyincincyView Post

too funny! I love Boom Di Ada. LOL!! Thankfully there's a ton of different paper packs to suit different tastes. Every catalog there are a couple of papers that don't look that great to me....until I see them live and in person and then I just have to have them all. If you haven't used the boom di ada, you might see if there's a consultant in your area you could trade with. I'm sure somone would take it off your hands (I just had to beg a pack off my upline because I ran out for a workshop project!)

I never really had a problem with the thickness of the cardstock, but after reading your post I can kind of get where you are coming from. I guess it depends on what you're using it for. I tend to layer everything with texture paper and cardstock, so I it works for me and I like that it doesn't get too heavy.

Good luck with CTMH!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamptildawn1View Post
Thankfully there's a ton of different paper packs to suit different tastes. Every catalog there are a couple of papers that don't look that great to me....until I see them live and in person and then I just have to have them all.
That is the truth!
I can't tell you how many times I've seen a paper pack, and thought "eh, its ok" or "ick" and then once I see it in real life I say "what was I thinking?!!!" lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Never tried the textured CS. I am placing an order tonight, so I will be sure to order some! Thanks for that suggestion.

I used every last page of that Boom Di Ada paper trying to make a swap with it. It was REQUIRED paper that we had to use. Seriously, I only made 6- 6x6 cards and I used every piece that came in the kit. LOL! I will post trying to find someone to trade the little photo album pages (can't think of the name off hand). I am into all the cutsie, kiddie papers and I love the sports pages. LOL! That is what I love about stamping! Everyone is sooo different!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #72  
kraf*T*y mama

I am in a CTMH hostess club. I really like the ability to place the clear stamps. I am sticking to SU paper for now because - well I have al of it! I really like some things from CTMH.

I love the "new" gallery! It makes it so easy to find CTMH cards!

I wish they would have the "recipes" for the projects listed in the back of their catty like SU does - I do like all the little tips they have.

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #73  
Rubber Obsessor

There are recipes available for the artwork in the CTMH Idea Books - they are available online at http://www.closetomyheart.com/Ideabooks/index.aspx.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #74  
Inking Addict

I used to be a CTMH demo, but wound up spending more than I made! So I don't sell it anymore, but still love their clear stamps and their CS - love that it has that white core. I think it's really nice quality, and their inks work great with their stamps!

This thread inspired me to contact my old upline to get a catalog - I haven't bought anything in ages, and I'd love to see all of the new stuff - so thanks for enabling me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #75  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by shastessView Post
I am in a CTMH hostess club. I really like the ability to place the clear stamps. I am sticking to SU paper for now because - well I have al of it! I really like some things from CTMH.

I love the "new" gallery! It makes it so easy to find CTMH cards!

I wish they would have the "recipes" for the projects listed in the back of their catty like SU does - I do like all the little tips they have.
What is a CTMH hosstess club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

What is a CTMH hosstess club?
A hostess club is usually a group gets together and put in a monthly order of $25 or so. The "contract" is for a set amount of time. Each month a different person then qualifies to be the hostess for that month. For instance, 6 months/6 people.

Many consultants also do monthly projects (layout, cards, etc) with these clubs, some do not.

Does that help answer your question?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

That souds great I wish someone here would do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #78  
Rubber Obsessor

So what is your favorite CTMH product and why?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #79  
Matboard Maniac

I love the patterned paper! Can anyone tell me how CTMH 12x12 albums compare to SU albums as far as quality,....... CTMH has way more colors, which is great. I keep waiting for SU to add more colors, but they dont.
So, maybe its time to try CTMH. opinions???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #80  
Matboard Maniac

I use to do the hostess club as an individual thing as soon as each person total 150.00 they got the reward. So it was always based on what that individual spent.

http//scruffydreams.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes