Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cricut expression

I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the posts and such and just don't know what i'm looking for really..lol. My boyfriend gave me my christmas present early and it was the cricut expression pink ribbon edition. So, i guess my questions are:
is there anywhere that will give me ideas of things i can make by searching for the cartridges i have?
i see i can hook it up to my computer, what's that for? and what software do i need?

i'm just lost in general and need some advice on getting started, any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

steph

stephr119@yahoo.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One good place to go is the Cricut Message Board on the Provocraft website. There is a section on the Provocraft website that has a more complete view of all the images on a specific cartridge but I can't remember offhand.

Try looking on YouTube or the 'My Pink Stamper' website. Robyn has lots of Cricut tutorial starting with Cricut 101. I have learned alot from just watching the tuts. After I find a crafter that makes things similar to my style (as if I have a 'style'), I click on the blog sites/websites that she/he usually has somewhere on their site that are places they enjoy viewing.

Other places to go are: Christmas with the Cricut, Creative Cricut Critter Club, etc. Try this website (SCS) and look for the Cricut threads. There are several and people are always posting specific thread questions.

The computer plugs are used when you finish a project using the Design Studio program or a Gypsy. It is also used to update your Cricut when Provocraft makes a change.

Good luck and have fun with your new tool. I have had mine since Sept and have used it for scrapbook pages, cards, boxes and tags.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinstephyView Post
I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the posts and such and just don't know what i'm looking for really..lol. My boyfriend gave me my christmas present early and it was the cricut expression pink ribbon edition. So, i guess my questions are:
is there anywhere that will give me ideas of things i can make by searching for the cartridges i have?
i see i can hook it up to my computer, what's that for? and what software do i need?

i'm just lost in general and need some advice on getting started, any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

steph

I would definately go to Robyn's webpage, My Pink Stamper. She has quite a few beginner videos to help you learn how to use your cricut expression. Also there are two great videos out that I bought on learning how to use the cricut as well as projects. The links are below:
Cricut A-Z DVD- http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com/
My pink stamper- Cricut Fun Video 1- http://www.customcrops.com/product_i...s_id=232186336

HTH!
Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Go here: The Pink Stamper Blog and scroll down to video #72
http://www.mypinkstamper.com/2008/05/all-my-videos.html

#72 is her first Expression tutorial. After viewing all the Expression videos, you will get real sense of what your machine will do. You won't remember it all, but you will have it in your mind what the capacity of your machine can do. When you NEED to go back and look at how to do something, you won't have to watch a whole hour before finding it....you can just go to this site and choose the function you need.

As the previous poster suggested, join cricut.com

What carts do you have? I can post some links to things using your carts if you like (not my stuff, but I can search quickly).

Looking forward to hearing what carts you have. I'll subscribe to this thread and keep up with questions. You are going to LOVE your new machine as soon as you get comfortable with it. It just takes a little time.
Reply With Quote Likes