Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #321  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajuncrafterView Post
I love your idea of packaging Snowman Soup in a pail. Where do you buy your pails? I live deep in the country and when you go to any retail store, you have to drive for miles. I am not new to crafting, but I am a newbee when it comes to these craft fairs. How many of these pails would you make for a fair?
Yes, Target Dollar Spot is where I found them also. I'm making 15, mainly because I only wanted to invest $15 in pails!

I do have 4 fairs scheduled between now and Dec. 5 though, so maybe I can sell all my stuff. Or at least a substantial part of it. I have a large extended family, so I guess they will all get "handmade" Christmas this year if I have a lot of leftovers, lol.

I have a fair coming up Nov. 7th and hadn't been able to find any candy canes for stirring sticks, because only Halloween candy was out in our stores. But, yea, today I found nice wrapped candy canes just the right size at Dollar General. $1 for a box of 12.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #322  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Yes, Target Dollar Spot is where I found them also. I'm making 15, mainly because I only wanted to invest $15 in pails!

I do have 4 fairs scheduled between now and Dec. 5 though, so maybe I can sell all my stuff. Or at least a substantial part of it. I have a large extended family, so I guess they will all get "handmade" Christmas this year if I have a lot of leftovers, lol.

I have a fair coming up Nov. 7th and hadn't been able to find any candy canes for stirring sticks, because only Halloween candy was out in our stores. But, yea, today I found nice wrapped candy canes just the right size at Dollar General. $1 for a box of 12.

Thanks for the heads up Annette. I don't have a Dollar General around me, I wonder if the Dollar Tree would have them yet. I'll see if I can run by there tomorrow. Then I need to get more of the pre-packaged marshmallows.

And by the way, I'm making 12 Snowman Soup pails and 5 mugs made up with teas and Starbucks Via (instant coffee) and individually wrapped biscotti. Although I don't have a really clever "name" for the filled mugs. They're kind of a cold weather fixer kit. That sounds lame...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #323  
Cardstock Collector

Default Prices

Can anyone make suggestions for pricing on some items I am planning on selling at a show?

4"x6" acrylic post it note holders
coaster post it note holders
large binder clips
small binder clips
gift tags

THANKS!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #324  
Rubber Obsessor

Please tell me how much you sell tags for that are in the divider box. I can't find it and there are way to many post to look at.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 05:06 AM   #325  
Rubber Obsessor

I missed the soap bibles..anyone have pics and directions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #326  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
Thanks for the heads up Annette. I don't have a Dollar General around me, I wonder if the Dollar Tree would have them yet. I'll see if I can run by there tomorrow. Then I need to get more of the pre-packaged marshmallows.

And by the way, I'm making 12 Snowman Soup pails and 5 mugs made up with teas and Starbucks Via (instant coffee) and individually wrapped biscotti. Although I don't have a really clever "name" for the filled mugs. They're kind of a cold weather fixer kit. That sounds lame...

i saw a super cute mug filled with tea and halls cough drops and the little tag/label said: Time for Tea
with a clock stamp on top of paper torn out of an old textbook
it was adorable.
i will try to find it and post it here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #327  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne WilsonView Post
I missed the soap bibles..anyone have pics and directions?
http://www.thriftyfun.com/downloads/VBS-Bible.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #328  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Please tell me how much you sell tags for that are in the divider box. I can't find it and there are way to many post to look at.

I am going to try to sell mine for $4.00. I am not sure about that price though, I am thinking it is a little high, but gosh darnit those tags took forever to make....LOL

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #329  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbgirlView Post
I am going to try to sell mine for $4.00. I am not sure about that price though, I am thinking it is a little high, but gosh darnit those tags took forever to make....LOL

Leslie
You can probably get that price. Look at these lovely tags and boxes made by sptchick and her sis. She said they sold them for $10 a box. And the peppermint patty packs in the pic went for $3 and they sold all they brought to the show.

Craft Sale items by sprtchick at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #330  
Duchess of Dork

Hi ladies! On the other craft fair list I started a list of prices for different craft fair items. I'd love some input. I'm making a Word doc & an Excel doc with these to share. Bugga has helped me greatly! I'll attach what I have. If it's in red it still needs a price.

Bugga had a thought that is important to remember: prices may vary depending on where you live, economic situation there, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Craft fair price list.doc (20.5 KB, 162 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #331  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH..ty so much for the sweet words Buggin....My sis cut all the elements for the little tag holders and tags on the Cricut...it went very fast. They were very pretty too. All our patterns came from templates here... I hope you all sell OUT!!!!
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #332  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef MamaView Post
Hi ladies! On the other craft fair list I started a list of prices for different craft fair items. I'd love some input. I'm making a Word doc & an Excel doc with these to share. Bugga has helped me greatly! I'll attach what I have. If it's in red it still needs a price.

Bugga had a thought that is important to remember: prices may vary depending on where you live, economic situation there, etc.
what a great idea. now your homework assignment: attach a link for a photo of each item...lol...just kidding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #333  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have to stop coming to SCS. I keep seeing all these different ideas from the ones I am working on for my craft open house and go off on a different tangent of things to make. I think i have about 7 different projects going and have not finished one yet grrrrrrrr.

Also I need to leave the blogs and Youtube alone.

thanks for all the ideas and keep them coming :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #334  
Stampin' Fool

Found my candy canes last year at our local drug mart pharmacy. They had them even before the dollar stores. They were more than a $1 a box, but I needed them for my first show last year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #335  
Matboard Maniac

My 1st gable gift box for the craft fair. I am going to make 6. How much should I charge?
http://i38.tinypic.com/2ykxc8k.jpg

I wish it would show but the printed papers have silver bling to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #336  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitawill1View Post
My 1st gable gift box for the craft fair. I am going to make 6. How much should I charge?
http://i38.tinypic.com/2ykxc8k.jpg

I wish it would show but the printed papers have silver bling to it.
Anita, you continue to amaze me with your beautiful workmanship and ideas! Everything you have made is so, so lovely. I sure hope the people who come to your fair and buy your things realize what a wonderful paper artist you are.

I haven't thanked you for the pics of the gift card holders that you posted. I was so inspired by yours that I made 12 of them for my craft show.

Anita, I'm taking the liberty of re-posting the picture of your gift card holders in case everyone didn't see them:

http://i36.tinypic.com/mbl63s.jpg

PS If anyone wants to make these gift card holders, which are lovely but simple to make, I found a great tutorial with measurements. Scroll down a ways on the page to the post for May:

Blogs at Splitcoaststampers

She used a fancy die cut for the closure flap, but you can use any shape you want, scalloped circle, etc. I made some with pretty pattern paper with ornaments and cut out one of the ornaments and matted it for the closure flap.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #337  
Cardstock Collector

Talking

Quote:

I got them at the Dollar Spot at Target. Do you have a Target near you? Are you in Louisianna? I know there's a Target in Slidell.
Thank you so much. I am a relocated Louisianian who lives deep in the hilly woods of Misissippi and the nearest Target is over 64 miles away. I'm thinking about packaging Snowman Soup in decorated white paper bags. What do you'all think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #338  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Thank you so much. I am a relocated Louisianian who lives deep in the hilly woods of Misissippi and the nearest Target is over 64 miles away. I'm thinking about packaging Snowman Soup in decorated white paper bags. What do you'all think?

Most of my family is in Biloxi and my sister was so happy to finally have a Target open there earlier this month. I would say that a bag would be cute. I've also seen people put them in the clear envelopes and then put a topper o the bag, kind of like Angie Kennedy did here. I recently bought some nice big mugs at my local grocery store for only $1.25. I know Winn Dixie used to sell holiday place settings for pretty cheap during the holidays (I used to work there). Here are the mugs that I got for $1.25...
Attached Thumbnails
Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img_4311.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #339  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Most of my family is in Biloxi and my sister was so happy to finally have a Target open there earlier this month. I would say that a bag would be cute. I've also seen people put them in the clear envelopes and then put a topper o the bag, kind of like Angie Kennedy did here. I recently bought some nice big mugs at my local grocery store for only $1.25. I know Winn Dixie used to sell holiday place settings for pretty cheap during the holidays (I used to work there). Here are the mugs that I got for $1.25...

Oops, I just checked my link and there was an extra http// in there. HERE is Angie's Snowman Soup.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #340  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Anita, you continue to amaze me with your beautiful workmanship and ideas! Everything you have made is so, so lovely. I sure hope the people who come to your fair and buy your things realize what a wonderful paper artist you are.

I haven't thanked you for the pics of the gift card holders that you posted. I was so inspired by yours that I made 12 of them for my craft show.

Anita, I'm taking the liberty of re-posting the picture of your gift card holders in case everyone didn't see them:

http://i36.tinypic.com/mbl63s.jpg

PS If anyone wants to make these gift card holders, which are lovely but simple to make, I found a great tutorial with measurements. Scroll down a ways on the page to the post for May:

Blogs at Splitcoaststampers

She used a fancy die cut for the closure flap, but you can use any shape you want, scalloped circle, etc. I made some with pretty pattern paper with ornaments and cut out one of the ornaments and matted it for the closure flap.
thank you for this template. I can't wait to use it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #341  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I went to my local 'savers' which is similar to goodwill or the salvation army store and bought nice mugs for 4 for $1.49 - of course the mugs were used, but all I the ones I bought looked brand new - they worked up real nice - just a thought...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #342  
Mad Swapper

Default Teacher Gift

I just put this together this morning. It cost between $4 and $5 to make. I will try to sell it for $8. I'm only making 3 of them and if they don't sell I'll just give them to my son's teachers and the preschool director. Do you think $8 is too low or too high?
Attached Thumbnails
Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img_4372.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #343  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I just put this together this morning. It cost between $4 and $5 to make. I will try to sell it for $8. I'm only making 3 of them and if they don't sell I'll just give them to my son's teachers and the preschool director. Do you think $8 is too low or too high?
It depends a lot on where you live,but $8 sounds reasonable to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #344  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Christel!

I would pay $8 for it!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #345  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsskgilbertView Post
Hi Christel!

I would pay $8 for it!
Thanks Stacey! How's your stuff coming along? I'm working on gift card holders today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #346  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I think $8 sounds good, and it sure is cute.

About pricing - I think I've decided that if all I have in something is mostly paper, embellishments, etc. most of which I already had, plus my "precious" time, I can afford to come down a little on my prices if stuff doesn't sell at my next fair.

But on something like your darling mug, which is very cute, and has costly ingredients in it, I would not underprice it. Why should you give some stranger a bargain and not even get your money back?

I'm like you, if it doesn't sell at your price, I would rather give items like that to people I know who would appreciate a nice gift.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #347  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks Stacey! How's your stuff coming along? I'm working on gift card holders today.
Thats funny! Same thing I am working on. I finally broke down and ordered the Fiskars trimmer and it just came about 4 mins ago! Yah! Off to my craft room!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #348  
Matboard Maniac

I got 2 more of my craft fair Gable boxes done, 3 more to go.
http://i35.tinypic.com/28lqolx.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2cicgvt.jpg
Thanks for all your great comments, this is a wonderful forum for us craft fair newbies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #349  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitawill1View Post
I got 2 more of my craft fair Gable boxes done, 3 more to go.
http://i35.tinypic.com/28lqolx.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2cicgvt.jpg
Thanks for all your great comments, this is a wonderful forum for us craft fair newbies.
I am sorry if this sounds ignorant, but what will go in these? Or will they be empty for the purchaser to add something to?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #350  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsskgilbertView Post
Thats funny! Same thing I am working on. I finally broke down and ordered the Fiskars trimmer and it just came about 4 mins ago! Yah! Off to my craft room!!

Which Fiskars Trimmer? The one in the SU catalog? I have a rotary Fiskars Trimmer that I've had for about 8 years that I LOVE! I'll send you pictures of my gift card holders later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #351  
Matboard Maniac

I will sell them empty, as gift boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #352  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Which Fiskars Trimmer? The one in the SU catalog? I have a rotary Fiskars Trimmer that I've had for about 8 years that I LOVE! I'll send you pictures of my gift card holders later.

Yeah its the one from SU. I will have to look up the rotary one, never heard of it! LOL. Cant wait to see you your pictures!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #353  
Stazon Splitcoast

Everytime I come to this thread, which is about once a day lately....I wonder what happened to the gal who started it.

Veramats/Vera, where are you? I hope you have been reading all the wonderful ideas that have been posted since you started this thread.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #354  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

You'all all have so many great ideas and are so helpful. I'm going to do a Christmas fair in Louisiana this year and would love any ideas or projects that I can make. Cajuns love food.
Hugs to All,
Benny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #355  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

Okay, just when I thought I knew every little thing I was going (and not going) to do for my upcoming fair, God surprises me! I stopped at a yard sale yesterday and got 50 4x6 white scratch pads with about 100 sheets on pad for $3.00!!!! She had $.10 each on them (which was still a fantastic price) but the bargain hunter in me offered her what I had in my pocket. She took it! She also said that her husband makes them all the time and if I ever need more to just stop by! She lives about 4 minutes away from me. I am so excited! I had to try them out when I got home yesterday and made 4 in one hour. I am just covering them like most of you guys cover the Jr. legal pads. I am adding a ribbon on that will hold a pen as well. I will post a few pictures once the sun comes out this morning. I'll have to have you guys help me on the price. Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 05:44 AM   #356  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default tags

I made tags for my craft fair tomorrow, I liked the ones someone else did but don't own the cricut so I used the two tags die from SU! and didn't fold it, the crease line isn't overly noticable. there are 5 in a pack and the sign shows the other ones 12 in a pack
Attached Thumbnails
Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img_0539.jpg   Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img_0531.jpg   Craft fairs -- What's selling these days?-img_0534.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #357  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Lil' MonsterView Post
I made tags for my craft fair tomorrow, I liked the ones someone else did but don't own the cricut so I used the two tags die from SU! and didn't fold it, the crease line isn't overly noticable. there are 5 in a pack and the sign shows the other ones 12 in a pack

These are really cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #358  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetHeidiJoView Post
Okay, just when I thought I knew every little thing I was going (and not going) to do for my upcoming fair, God surprises me! I stopped at a yard sale yesterday and got 50 4x6 white scratch pads with about 100 sheets on pad for $3.00!!!! She had $.10 each on them (which was still a fantastic price) but the bargain hunter in me offered her what I had in my pocket. She took it! She also said that her husband makes them all the time and if I ever need more to just stop by! She lives about 4 minutes away from me. I am so excited! I had to try them out when I got home yesterday and made 4 in one hour. I am just covering them like most of you guys cover the Jr. legal pads. I am adding a ribbon on that will hold a pen as well. I will post a few pictures once the sun comes out this morning. I'll have to have you guys help me on the price. Yay!
Score!! What a great bargain. I know you were so thrilled. I sure would be. Here is tip for holding your pens, too. I did this on some that didn't have ribbons.

Get a pack of those cute pony tail holders at a Dollar store. They fit perfectly around the bottom of the small pads and look really cute with a pen tucked under them. The packs have tons of colors and you can coordinate with your pads.

The pink and blue ones in the bottom of this pic are an example of what I mean:

Craft Fair Display by buggainok at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by buggainok; 10-23-2009 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 07:14 AM   #359  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Tags in divider box

Thanks for the comment on pricing the divider box and tags. I think they should sell for more. There is a lot of work to them. My husband said $7.50. My girlfriend said $6.00.
I really can't pick a price. i need more imput girls....please.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #360  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Thanks for the comment on pricing the divider box and tags. I think they should sell for more. There is a lot of work to them. My husband said $7.50. My girlfriend said $6.00.
I really can't pick a price. i need more imput girls....please.
Yvonne,

Is there any more info you can give on these? I am making the tags that I have in my gallery (using the Christmas Punch stamp set) in bags of 24 for $5. There will be 4 of each of the 6 designs. Yes, they are very time consuming, but I don't think they'd be bought for any more than that. If you have a picture of what you're talking about, please post it and we'll try to help you with pricing.
Reply With Quote Likes