Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest place to buy big shot?

I want the big shot for my birthday, but my husband doesn't want to order it from SU, because I'm a demo. I told him that's fine, and I don't care if it's the SU one or not. Plus, I've heard about people getting it cheaper, and I'd like to help him save some money. But I don't know where to send him! I've looked at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, and ours don't have it. I DON'T want the Big Kick.
Where are people getting the pink and black one I keep reading about?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I got mine at A.C. Moore with a 40% coupon. Is there one near you?

Good Luck and Happy Birthday. Hope you get your Big Shot!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Default Big Shot (pink/black)

I recently purchased the Big Shot from Scrapy Land at www.scrapyland.com and it was only $69.99 (no tax and free shipping). This is the best value I have seen on the machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Default well, ding dang it, scrapyland has it on sale too

for 65.99 no shipping, BUT they don't take paypal, only credit cards. oh and they are on vacation till the 24th so orders won't ship till then.
grrrrrr....
tracyg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Archiver's has the pink and black one. But if you already know you are going to get it from your DH - you really should order from yourself to help meet your minimums and that way you can demo with it! Once you have it you are going to love it and want to show it to all your customers.

Happy Early Birthday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 07:03 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Location: Currently, in the United Arab Emirates--about 45 miles north of Dubai, in Ras Al Khaimah

I've been wondering the same thing---but with SU, you get a lot of accessories. If I buy one at Michaels or Hobby Lobby, won't I have to purchase all that seperate? Doesn't that cost more? Thanks for any input. I'll be home in about 5 weeks and need to order from my SU demo, when I decide, so I can bring it back with me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin in OkcView Post
I want the big shot for my birthday, but my husband doesn't want to order it from SU, because I'm a demo.
Huh? BECAUSE you're a demo? Sorry, but I don't understand his reasoning -- if he got the SU! one, and either went through your DBWS or used your name on the SU! site, you'd get the sales credit rather than some random online store. Isn't that a good thing? Not to mention that, depending on whether he got the machine by itself or the startup kit, up to 2/3 of your quarterly quota would be taken care of right there. :confused:

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
Huh? BECAUSE you're a demo? Sorry, but I don't understand his reasoning -- if he got the SU! one, and either went through your DBWS or used your name on the SU! site, you'd get the sales credit rather than some random online store. Isn't that a good thing? Not to mention that, depending on whether he got the machine by itself or the startup kit, up to 2/3 of your quarterly quota would be taken care of right there. :confused:
Because if he gets it for me he wants it to be a surprise. And he knows I can just look at his order if he orders from me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I got my Big Shot at Hallmark Scrapbook before SU announced they were going to have one. It's $69.99 and comes with the multipurpose platform, cutting pads and the machine. I think the shipping was reasonable (like $9 for this and some embossing folders) and it came super quick (I live in Kansas and it ships from Utah).

HTH and happy birthday!! Your hubby is putting forth great effort to keep your gift a surprise which I think is so cool. And while the sales would be very nice, I can understand he realizes the surprise could be ruined for you since you can see everything when logged into SU. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Even though I'm a demo, I think the black/pink one is just cuter than SU's version. Still debating getting one though.

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I understand your husbands reasoning but you clearly KNOW he will buy you one so surely there's no need for the cloak and daggers!! I wonder if you could say that not to worry about not being a surprise for your birthday as you really want it and if bought through you, you'll get so much more value in earnings etc. Then could Christmas be the surprise? I suppose your husband had to tell you in case you bought one too! The thing is that money is money and though could be cheaper elsehwre with legwork, you as a demo will earn money and goods from buying this and I agree your customers will surely want to see it too-then maybe even more sales-you can't walk away from that surely?!
I think you've a lovely husband going to all this effort-how lucky are you! I'm sure he'll think of another surprise, either birthday or maybe Christmas related, but what a lovely, wonderful man he is to try so hard to make your birthday special. Happy birthday for whenever it is and have a super day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also got mine at hallmarkscrapbook.com.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin in OkcView Post
Because if he gets it for me he wants it to be a surprise. And he knows I can just look at his order if he orders from me!
He could give you a "Gift Certificate" for the amount of the Big Shot, and then you can use the $$ to order it from yourself! It's a win-win -- he gets to maintain the surprise, and you get the sales credit plus a machine you can demo in workshops and classes!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

You cannot demo the pink and black one. I bought mine through SU even though I really wanted the pink and black one. Then I saw the pink and black one at Achiver's the other day and I looked at it really good....I am glad I got the one I did....I like it better. I think the pink and black one looked cheaper or something....the black and gray just looks classier.......just my opinion, however.
Reply With Quote Likes