Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, not buying any of it. I'm just not going to get sucked in and start to like them, only to have them go away after a year, and none of the colors jumped out at my anyway. I really dislike the kiwi kiss. (Now ask me again how I feel about the in colors in another month or two!)

I am horrified to realize how much I have become dependent on river rock as my go-to neutral, only to have it go bye-bye--I won't let that happen again.

isewquilts2
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #42  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 320 Likes on 206 Posts

I love the concept of In-Colors, which is one reason I demo for SU...

So I am curious: do y'all only buy ''classic'' colored clothing? Just black, white, navy, red... Or do you buy trendy colors, knowing that you might have to acquire new blouses next summer?

To me, it is no different. And I'm truly curious; some of my customers won't buy the IC but they never answer my question!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #43  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaylestampsView Post

So I am curious: do y'all only buy ''classic'' colored clothing? Just black, white, navy, red... Or do you buy trendy colors, knowing that you might have to acquire new blouses next summer?

To me, it is no different. And I'm truly curious; some of my customers won't buy the IC but they never answer my question!
I'm a classic girl for clothing and avoid fashion trends like the plague.

I have bought some of the ICs in the past, though, and may again, if not this year.

I also tend to let stamp design trends sit a while before jumping on board, if I ever do. Some trends seem more timeless to me than others, KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

This year's are my favorites so far. I love the red and tangerine. I've been wanting both of those colors for a very long time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

Quote:

To answer your question about the clothes... If I see a blouse that I like, I buy it. I don't get rid of it next summer or buy a new one because the color may not be in style (I don't follow or care about that kind of thing). I use it for as long as I like it and for as long as it is in good shape. I would do the same thing with the paper, but with the IC I don't have an option. By the time that my friend tried to order some Pomegranate, SU was sold out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not crazy about the colors this year. They don't do anything for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #47  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hrm? Your customers probably never answer your question because to them there is quite a difference between paper that can be used once, and a shirt that can be worn many times before it either wears out or you donate it to Goodwill.

I'm not sure I understand your question either, except to say that I buy whatever shirts I think look good on me and will go with my 'classic' coloured bottoms. I'm not one of those folks who dresses head-to-toe in the season's "In Colour". My mum is, tho, but she wears her awesome outfits until they either wear out (after many years) or they're in good condition but she's had them for so long (years) that she wants to donate them to Goodwill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stampingView Post
I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the in-colours this year. Out of the 6 colours, I LIKE three of them ... however, I do not LOVE any of them. I'm really torn about investing in them when they are gone after one year and I didnt LOVE them in the first place. Do you all go for the in-colours, or do some of you pass on them?

I go for all the new In Colors and totally ignore my old In Colors and I feel so guilty about it sometimes...they are over there in their little file box all alone...looking at the new In Colors all over my stamping desk...:oops:

And now I love the new In Colors as much as the last ones that I never thought I could replace...it's a serious sickness.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingShawnView Post
I may buy one or two, but normally I just buy the reinker and use a blank spot to make my own ink spot and then I will buy some paper. I just hate it when the colors leave so I normally don't buy them anymore.
Sorry to hijack this thread - I didn't know they sold blank spots - do tell where you get them please???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

The first year SU carried IC, I only got Cool Caribbean. Last year, I loved all of them and got each one. This year, I only got Pink Pirouette.

I only get them if I really love them and feel like I will use them. I'm not a big user of bold brights.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

I have an assorted pack of the cardstock. I didn't care for the look of the colors on the computer screen, but decided to get some to see the real thing. I really didn't care for the look of them in real life eaither. Then i was making a card for a birthday last week that required lots of coloring using primary colors. When i was done coloring, I took out my cardstocks to match up something. I was horrified to see that only Pacific Point and Riding Hood Red would work! They made the card so bright and perfect for what i wanted. Now i have to have these 2 colors. I've tried usiong the other colors, and it just isn't working.
i get lots of in colors every year and i find i use them the most, even after they have retired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorView Post
This is the first year I don't feel I "need" all the colors. I must be the only person alive that doesn't care for Kiwi Kiss. I did order a pack of all the colors to have them to see. I do love the Pink Piroutte. I ordered the ink for that already. I might get Riding Hood Red, too. The others, not too sure. Saves me money for the other things tho!
You're not alone. I don't like the Kiwi Kiss at all either. I like the Pink Pirouette and have ordered some of that. The Red Riding Hood to me is just another red and the Tangerine is just another orange. I loved last year's In Colors and was sad to see them go. I also liked some in years gone by but this year's.....hmmmmm.........not so sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteratiView Post
The first year SU carried IC, I only got Cool Caribbean. Last year, I loved all of them and got each one. This year, I only got Pink Pirouette.

I only get them if I really love them and feel like I will use them. I'm not a big user of bold brights.
I'm with you on this one. Loved last year's but don't love this year's except for pink pirouette. Oh well....saves me money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #54  
Crimping Master

Don't even like this years colors. I will miss riverrock when I run out. It is my neutral so many times. I bought extra pack of it before it retired.
I try not to be tempted by the in colors and have pretty much stayed away but this years was easy not to be tempted. Others in my stamp group loved all this years colors so what do I know?
Lois
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #55  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorView Post
This is the first year I don't feel I "need" all the colors. I must be the only person alive that doesn't care for Kiwi Kiss. I did order a pack of all the colors to have them to see. I do love the Pink Piroutte. I ordered the ink for that already. I might get Riding Hood Red, too. The others, not too sure. Saves me money for the other things tho!
Nope-I think the KiwiKiss got a double hit with the UGLY stick. I reminds me of something you'd see on the farm, in the gutter.:rolleyes: (Behind the cow)

I will get the mixed pack and probably buy whole packs of the blues eventually. We'll see how it goes. Then I'll need matching ink:mrgreen:
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #56  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 320 Likes on 206 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahloumelView Post
Hrm? Your customers probably never answer your question because to them there is quite a difference between paper that can be used once, and a shirt that can be worn many times before it either wears out or you donate it to Goodwill.
Thank you for answering - you may be right!

I've been scrapbooking long enough to realize that trendy colors help depict an era. The day may come when I want to 'represent' styles from the Summer of 2008, and Pacific Point may be just what I am looking for.

My Mom, bless her, squeals with delight when she finds colors and patterns from the 40s that she can use in her scrapbooks. She shows them to me, telling stories from her youth. I enjoy that, and guess it triggers my hoarding tendencies (ya RECKON ~ LOL?!!)

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbarnView Post
I borrowed a friends to see how different the new colors were from the existing colors. Kiwi is close to old olive stamped off once, Pacific Point is not too far off from Not Quite Navy, Pink Pirouette is really pretty, but is lighter than pretty in pink, so a little hard to see, Baja Breeze is a different blue... a little dustier than Cool caribbean from 06-07. I really like riding hood red. It is more of a barn red and goes really well with kraft paper for country and vintage looking cards. It is also really nice with olive and choc. chip for holidays. Tangerine is my favorite, especially with the Haiku ds paper. Like so many have said, though, only buy what you love and might use beyond the year because it goes really fast! I will so miss Wild Wasabi!!
I was so curious to see this post, because I just finished doing the same thing...trying to match up the new In Colors with the existing color families to see if I could get away with passing off the existing colors for the In Colors next to the DS paper that includes the new In Colors (wow that was a mouthful!). Of course some look better than others, but I think I will be able to pull it off! That makes me so happy, because I am disappointed that I invested in last year's IC that are now obsolete...I should have bought within the existing color families to start. Live and learn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteratiView Post

I am not a big user of bold brights either, or at least they are not the colors that I reach for first, but I love these in colors. They are bright, but not too bright, if that makes sense. They look much different in person than on a computer screen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #59  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Every year I think that I won't like a color or two but I faithfully buy the multi pack. Lo and behold I almost always love the colors after using them and seeing them on SCS ('sept for True Thyme... talk about baby poop...but, I digress,).
Here's the strategy has worked well for me:

I buy one pack of multi 81/2 x11
I buy one of each of the reinkers (around $1
I buy cheapy pads from ACMoore ($1 each) and rinse them out then fill them with the reinkers. (the blank spots are a bit more expensive than that).

Then, if I'm in love with the color and want to have it around forever, I'll buy the pad and a pack of paper. If I hate the color, I only have 3 sheets and about $4 invested in the ink, which I can either keep around for the possibility that I may "need" it, or rinse the pad out again for the next color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #60  
Insane Embellisher

Oh yeah! I have them all. After seeing more stampin up cards in the gallery I'm getting more ideas on color combinations with them. I love to play with anything new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #61  
Kookie Creator

I was not too crazy about them but ordered them anyway. I received a card at convention with all six colors on it and they look great together. I do like the RRR and the PP. They are my new patriotic colors! I have liked the colors better since I received some samples with them. I really like the Bella Rose paper with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, I wasn't so crazy about them at first but ordered them all anyway (as a demo I didn't want to feel left out or end up buying them later once I love them and only get a few month's use out of them). Now that I have them they are REALLY growing on me! My faves are Kiwi Kiss and Pink Pirouette. If it helps, I think they sell well on eBay once they are retired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:21 AM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

I agree with all of you who have said they look wonderful in person. I wasn't thrilled with any of them in the catalog pictures except Kiwi Kiss - it looks like a slightly lighter shade of Old Olive to me. But they are gorgeous, especially the Pacific Point (bright and clean) and Pink Pirouette (soft as a baby). The Riding Hood Red is a gotta have - heck I'll just get them all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #64  
Embossing Fanatic

Like a lot of people, I wasn't that crazy about the the in colors this year. Last year was my absolute favorite so I hated to see them go. This year after seeing them, I really like Baja Breeze, but decided against it since I don't use that much blue. Well, we were at a hostess appreciation party and I won one free ink refill of my choice so I went with the Baja Breeze and I have extra blank ink spots on hand so I have a Baja Breeze ink spot and I love it!!!! None of the others do much so I am resisting.

Roschell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #65  
Polyshrink Goddess

At first I only liked Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red, though the lighter blue was ok. I decided since SU was offering us demos such a deal on the whole package I would order them all. I thought I would probably give away Tangerine Tango. No way! I LOVE them all now! I must admit I use the darker blue the least so far, but I know I will use it more when I start making my boy birthday cards and man cards! Also, if I do some summer scrapping I will probably use it more. But I love the Tangerine! The pink and Kiwi go so beautifully together! And RRR is great, when you want a more subtle look use the stamping off technique and you get such a wonderful color to go with PP on a softer card. Lovin' em all even more than last year's colors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 03:49 AM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

I haven't bought any, and I doubt I will this time. I always end up loving the color combos on Splitcoast that use the In Colors, but I agree that it is sad to see the inkpads lying around after the year is up. I do like that Pacific Blue color, though... But not this year!
Reply With Quote Likes