Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #41  
Swapper of the Month - June 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a cricut, sizzix and cuttlebug. The sizzix is by far the most used. I have 4 at school and I think someone uses one every single day. For those of you with a salad shooter, I love mine. I took it camping when I took the senior class. My 2 male co-teachers who thought they were the greatest dutch oven cooks where totally amazed as I sliced the potatoes away in no time using my car adaptor. I'm look at the thift store for one for each of them for part of their end of the year gift from the senior class.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

thanks for the reminders about using the CB dies in the Sizzix... I've got one of those. Now where to get the CB dies?! Also, I have some Fiskars texture plates, can those be used in the Sizzix and CB also? That would be cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Have one and love it. Bought several other gadgets that I don't use but I use the CB all the time! Textured papers are sooooo expensive! With the Joann's coupon it was a great price. Used the 40% and the $5 off $35 purchase. Would recommend to anyone. Actually folds up nice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 04:05 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like my Cuttlebug. I may not use it every day (although I also don't stamp every day), I do like the fact that I can use it if I need to.

Kind of like my:
  • bread machine -- I love it because it makes the horizontal loaves. I do actually use this at least once a month. (Bought it new on eBay for around $30.)
  • I don't have the GF grill, but the Hamilton Beach with removable grill plates that I bought on clearance at Kmart maybe four years ago for $20. LOVE it! (Makes excellent fat free grilled cheese sandwiches.)
  • KitchenAid stand mixer - again, I don't use it every day but when I need it, I sure am glad I have it. (And got it for an awesome price on eBay.)
  • KitchenAid food processor - ditto
Back to the topic at hand.... I bought mine at Michael's for $40 using the Joann's 50% off coupon (plus a few fun things to go with it) using the proceeds from the sale of my Wizard and all of its accessories. To me, buying something with money that I received for selling something else doesn't really count as spending money, since the money was previously spent and I just got it all back. ;)

Is it a necessity? Hmmm.. probably not. But I think I've bought practically all of the embossing folders, sets, dies that have tripped my trigger (still waiting for some to arrive in the mail).

I think the two things in my stamping room that I still wonder WHY I bought them are the spinning clipboard and the ZIG watercolor set. Both were two different stamp convention buys. The ZIG watercolorset was probably the worst purchase -- $50. I just HAD to have it. I think I've used it once.

I know I've used the CB several times now. I am just thrilled with how the embossing folders work on cardstock. Way better than how I was able to emboss with the Fiskars plates in my Wizard!

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 05:05 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

couldn't have said it better...........................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #46  
Embossing Fanatic

I got mine as a early mothers day gift. If it wasn't a gift I would not have gotten it. BUt, now that I have it I love it. That is how most things are for me. I never would have got into stamping if my husband didn't get me a bunch of set off of craigslist and ebay for my birthday.

Now I wish I had a bunch of girlfriends that were into it so we could switch stuff and not have to buy a bunch.
So if anyone live near Broomfield Colorado and wants to come over and use my cuttlebug or retired stampset please let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #47  
Kookie Creator

I don't have a cuttlebug....BUT I just got a gift card from my SIL from Michaels!

****Doin' the happy dance!****

I'm hoping that Michaels will have a 50% coupon for this mother's day weekend - then I'll be looking for that little green bug!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

I got it, love it, and use the A2 embossing folders daily to make quick cards.

My Blog: http://jenspaperobsession.blogspot.com/

My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't have one - don't need one. Get along fine with the Sizzix. Have way too many embossing folders ------ and just ordered 2 more. I feel if you have the money,, and the space, then OK. But if you already have a piece of equipment that will do the same, why buy another machine???? Thats my 2 cents worth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

I don't have one, I have no idea really what the whole deal is with the bug. I'm hoping someone I know will get one so that I can get the scoop from them! I know I like the cards I see being made with them, but oddly enough I haven't convinced myself to buy one yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #51  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's nice to have an independant thinker here -- more power to you ! (But you're right - the cards are awful cute!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't seem to stay away from mine. It constantly calls to me. GREEN BUGS RULE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #53  
Cardstock Collector

I bought a Cuttlebug and returned it once I realized I could use the folders on my sizzix. I then spent the $40 from the return on more folders. I have love it! I would have kept the machine except that I really don't have the space for one more thing right now. Good 'Ol Sizix!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

BTW, the CB is my first and only die cut machine. I may not have gotten it if I already had a sizzix. I like that it folds (I don't have space) and I like that it's as wide as the big shot and big kick machines. I'd been looking at the accu-cut machine for a while (a year or so and never took the plunge). I was worried it might not take dies that would fit in the big shot (but I didn't like the look of that machine - crazy, I know, but I didn't). I wanted a machine that would accept the largest craft dies possible without purchasing a grand mark. For that kind of cash I would have gotten an electric die cut machine instead. I like that the CB has a crank handle for easy use and I can use dies from every company. I do tend to use the CB embossing folders most of all though (even though I keep buying QK dies for some reason).

It's a fun toy. If you don't have another, can afford it, and think you'll use it, go for it. If you know yourself and know you won't use it - it's probably not worth the money. Just my 2 cents (but I love 3-D embellishments).

My Blog: http://jenspaperobsession.blogspot.com/

My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #55  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by handstampedhappiness
I have a breadmaker sitting in my pantry along with my George Forman. :rolleyes: If it's not on the counter, I'm just not gonna use it. LOL!
I think I see a pattern here....you don't use cooking related items! What in the world does this have to do with a cuttlebug?;) ha!
I am SO not into die cut machines and all that other stuff - that being said, I suckered for the Cuttlebug, expecting it to be a new "bread machine", too. Was I ever surprised - it isn't - and it doesn't even require cleaning or electricity!!!!! ;) I use that little puppy (or should I say Buggy?), many times a week and find myself creating super simple, elegant cards in mere minutes when needed. It has been an unexpected blessing to find it to be so useful and so fun at the same time. Everything the others have raved about is true - Cuttlebug Rules!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

It has been an unexpected blessing to find it to be so useful and so fun at the same time. Everything the others have raved about is true - Cuttlebug Rules!!!!

It RULES for me too ...................love it ...................love it ..................love it I use my bread maker once in a blue moon ............the BUGG everyday...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, talk about enablers here! Well, I'm looking into the folders to use with my Sizzix for now (although I share the Sizzix with a friend and currently it is at her house). The Sizzix is so heavy, and if I remember right the CB is nice and compact and light in comparison. Thanks so much for all the input!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #58  
Insane Embellisher

I still don't have one either. I have the Fiskars texture plates though and I hear you can run them through the Cuttlebug. It's seems as though I would have to buy extra pads for that. My local scrapbook store is going to give my friend and I a demonstration on Thursday. I want to see hwo it works before I buy it. If you want to try it before you buy it go to archivers or any local scrapbook store with open crop time. They usually have one for their customers to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

I have a cuttlebug and a wizard. Like the both, but if I would have gotten the wizard first, I would not have gotten the cuttlebug ;) Latter is easier to use, former seems sturdier and can do way more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #60  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Get one

I just bought mine a few months ago and LOVE it!!! You can use any brand dies/embossing folders which is my favorite part. I have found so many uses and really think it opened up a whole new area of papercrafting for me.

Andy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #61  
Embossing Fanatic

My hubby bought me my first die cutting system last year - a Quickutz pink squeeze. Used it but not a lot then the bug came out and this March my hubby treated me to that. Love it, love it, love it. Use it all the time - it's certainly the best thing my hubby bought me and I love the fact I can use other company's dies - including the 13 inch Sissix die (with their adaptors) - the swirl is to die for :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 01:02 AM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I love the effect but I dont think I would use it to be honest. But then I am not a great one of diecuts either or decoupage either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 01:26 AM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

I got my cricut a while ago and was dying to have it's "little companion" but held off. I think all the time that I must get one but always put it off so mabee it's a sign that the $$$ would be better spent elsewhere, stamps mabee? I'm still envious of those that have one though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 01:42 AM   #64  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marzbar71View Post
Nope! I have a few of the embossing folders but I use them in my good ol' original Sizzix with the System Converter and it works fine.

I may eventually get a Cuttlebug or BigShot but I don't feel the need or have the money right now.

Marzee
I 2nd that! Love my sizzix and the variety of dies you can use. However I dont plan to purchase the CB. My sizzix works just great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 04:14 AM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

I don't have one either. I have some embossed papers from WRAK- but only have used a few. That tells me I don't need one.

(Though I'd like some of those wizard dies, I think I can survive without a die cutting system)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 05:41 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kristin
I don't have it but have 17 of the cuttlebug bg folders. I use them in my Sizzix. Someone said you could use a rolling pin, too but have never tried that.
I LOVE them! The Cuttlebug is pretty cheap, at Michael's, when you have a coupon.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes