Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Moved* cricut vs xyron wishblade

I have been saving my pennies for the new Cricut. But then the other day I was watching the Home Shopping Network and they were demoing the new Wishblade. They are about the same price. The Cricut you need cartridgees for and the Wishblade works through your computer. Which do you like better and why?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I can't speak for the Wishblade as I don't have one. But I do own the Circut and I love it! I use more than I originally thought I would.

Love who you are, your art will follow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #3  
Say Cheese!!

ooooo I have been eyeballing a wishblade for a year now... (just cant justify the price....) I am subscribing to see this discussion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the cricut...it was less and I am not very good with the computer so even if I didn't mind spending the money,it wouldn't be worth it for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I think it's all a matter of preference. If you are a computer whiz then go for the wishblade. If you don't like being on that computer while crafting then cricut. I have a cricut and I LOVE IT!! However, I'm going to buy the new cricut expressions as soon as it comes out only because it will cut thru chipboard and other heavy materials, and also it will be able to cut 12x12 and 12x24 size paper. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Karua, you can get them for even less than the HSN price. I've been on the fence for a long time and have put off buying the cricut. After I watched the new wishblade on HSN, I decided I had to have it. I found mine for $399. with free shipping. You can't beat that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

So have you found the wishblade fairly easy to use? I love the idea of any font I want. I know it wil cut things like fun foam? Does it cut chipboard? Also where did you find it for 399?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I've been wanting one of these as well!! (I saw it on HSN too!) so just subscribing to see what people think of it.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I too would like to know where you got it for $399. Thanks. I'm still debating about Wishblade vs Craftrobo vs new Silhouette.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I actually bought a Cricut and then took it back and got a Craft Robo. Yes it is alot of money, but I could justify the cost a bit more by the unlimited fonts and things you can cut. I figured if I kept the Cricut, that I would only have to buy about 4 cartridges to equal the cost of the Craft Robo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2007, 05:33 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

I preordered the new Wishblade, (it's supposed to ship to me tomorrow!). I opted for it for it's versatility and the price. It may start out being more than the cricut, but not once you start buying cartridges. I justified it because I have a sizzix right now, and for the cost of 3 alphabet sets, I will now have virtually unlimited sets from teeny tiny to 8.5 x 39". I also like the fact that the templates that I can download from here and SU can be programed into the Wishblade and I can let it cut out my gift boxes and MNT projects from now on instead of me! I have a laptop on my scrappin desk, I just need to clear off some space for the Wishblade when it gets here. Anyway, I can't tell you how it works until it gets here and I play with it, but I promise to when it does. I did find mine for $399, but paid for shipping. I opted for the faster shipping, and I'm overseas and it was only 11.99 so that isn't too bad. I found it at scrapbooksuppliesrus.com Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I pre-ordered my wishblade at paperthreads.com. It was $399. with free shipping. I think they are still selling for that price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #13  
Say Cheese!!

I cant wait to hear about your findings!! I am on the fense about these machines.. I would love to open a pdf file and "cut" it out with something like this... or d/l a font.. and print out the letters --right there.... I know it probably wont be as simple as this.. but I would like to know how you like it... how simple it was to set up... what the software is like... etc. I have so many questions... and it was a much easier choice until all these machines started coming out... yikes!!! I know I dont want a cricut--and have to buy additional cartridges.. I would love to have something to plug into my laptop. Thanks for any info you can supply! :mrgreen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyjapan
I preordered the new Wishblade, (it's supposed to ship to me tomorrow!). I opted for it for it's versatility and the price. It may start out being more than the cricut, but not once you start buying cartridges. I justified it because I have a sizzix right now, and for the cost of 3 alphabet sets, I will now have virtually unlimited sets from teeny tiny to 8.5 x 39". I also like the fact that the templates that I can download from here and SU can be programed into the Wishblade and I can let it cut out my gift boxes and MNT projects from now on instead of me! I have a laptop on my scrappin desk, I just need to clear off some space for the Wishblade when it gets here. Anyway, I can't tell you how it works until it gets here and I play with it, but I promise to when it does. I did find mine for $399, but paid for shipping. I opted for the faster shipping, and I'm overseas and it was only 11.99 so that isn't too bad. I found it at scrapbooksuppliesrus.com Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 03:56 AM   #14  
Inking Addict

My Wishblade was shipped out today! I can't wait to get it! I have a crop this Saturday, and it would be way cool to be able to play with it then, but I would be absolutely floored if it made it here that fast! I've never posted in the gallery before, but I promise to post the first thing I use it on! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Congrats, Tammy! We'er all anxious to hear about your thoughts! Hope you love it.

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #16  
Say Cheese!!

any word on progress with this machines!!!

I see the 12 x 12 cricut is on their web site!

http://www.cricut.com/shopping/Produ...d=123&s=5&sc=1 Kinda pricey...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

subscribing.

Eyeing a wishblade for versitility... but liking the CraftRobo price better... I think they are coming out with a new CraftRobo, so I'm waiting for the technology to get better (and cheaper).

I wish it would cut chipboard. Maybe that would be a 2nd generation improvement?

Just like with digi cameras... or anything else techie- waiting for the price to go down and the technology to get better...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Theres some Yahoo groups out there for wishblade users. sharing tips, downloads, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

I have the new (pink) Wishblade from HSN. It took a few hours to really get going, but i'm enjoying it so far (and it's my first real cutting system). I also work on my computer alot anyway. One thing, one of the softwares (click 'n' cut, I think) that comes with it doesn't work with Windows Vista, so I use it from the laptop instead.
I justified mine as a business investment (I hope to make my creative ventures fulltime before too much longer). Plus, I don't have to buy expensive cartridges everytime I need new shapes. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 AM   #20  
Inking Addict

Mine still hasn't come in :-( My friend's came in a few days ago. Maybe tomorrow....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #21  
Say Cheese!!

Today I have really been researching these machines.. and I am actually pointing towards a Craft robo. I see them on Ebay NIB for less than 300.00 now with free shipping. They have the pen holder... (for journaling) and seem to be the best buy.

I was looking for the wishblade again today.. and cannot seem to find it on the HSN page or QVC.. either one. One of those pages had a really good demo on it. They did have some user reviews listed on there as well, that I wanted to review. All I get is some paper to use in the machine. Some of those reviews were not good.. I wanted to re read why... Mochalatte.. do you love your pink wishblade?
I think my decision is going to be one or the other.. I really like the Adobe ILL addin for the craft robo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #22  
Say Cheese!!

Actually I clicked POST before I was finished... I do have one question.. can you pull in templates that are in a pdf format and have the wishblade cut them? These questions are answered kinda foggy on the threads...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #23  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi latenightscrappin!
I don't know what happened to the list on HSN, the video was pretty good. I have not tried a PDF yet, but I have pasted from MS Word and created shapes (tags, flowers, etc.) buy drawing and welding. I did speak with CS at Xyron before I ordered to ask if I could import images from other softwares (like Adobe) and she said that I wouldn't really need to b/c of the inlcuded software but that I could. So, you might want to call and ask specific questions.
There is a pen holder on it as well which works fine. I honestly haven't played with it enough to say that I love it. The lack of complete software compatibility is somewhat of a hassle right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 05:23 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

I think the stuff on HSN is gone because apparently HSN is no longer carrying the Wishblade. At least I can't locate it (and goodness knows I can sniff out anything on the web, lol, with all my hours of practice).

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #25  
Say Cheese!!

I wonder why they would offer a great deal.. then drop it. ARG.. decisions... decisions.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by janejetson
I think the stuff on HSN is gone because apparently HSN is no longer carrying the Wishblade. At least I can't locate it (and goodness knows I can sniff out anything on the web, lol, with all my hours of practice).

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #26  
Say Cheese!!

So you just copied and pasted from MS word into the software that came with it.. is that correct? I love that pen holder idea-- that has to be pretty cool. (since I hate my own handwriting... :rolleyes:
What exactly do you mean by lack of complete software compatibility... that sentence scares me immediately... LOL sorry for all the questions.. I just know I am going to get the wrong machine...LOL! its my luck! I am just trying to get whats right for me!
Quote:

Originally Posted by MochaLatte
Hi latenightscrappin!
I don't know what happened to the list on HSN, the video was pretty good. I have not tried a PDF yet, but I have pasted from MS Word and created shapes (tags, flowers, etc.) buy drawing and welding. I did speak with CS at Xyron before I ordered to ask if I could import images from other softwares (like Adobe) and she said that I wouldn't really need to b/c of the inlcuded software but that I could. So, you might want to call and ask specific questions.
There is a pen holder on it as well which works fine. I honestly haven't played with it enough to say that I love it. The lack of complete software compatibility is somewhat of a hassle right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

I had a wishblade a couple of years ago and returned it because it was a pain to use with the computer to me anyway, I am not good with all the technical stuff. I bought the cricut it and love it because of it's simplicity. My 8 and 10 yr old dd's can even use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #28  
Mad Swapper

Hi Wendie ;) What you doing over here?!?!?!? hahahha!!

Yes girls I agree with Wendie, I LOVE THE CRICUT!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrnabs
Hi Wendie ;) What you doing over here?!?!?!? hahahha!!

Yes girls I agree with Wendie, I LOVE THE CRICUT!!
Saw that cricut in the title and had to check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #30  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendie1017
Saw that cricut in the title and had to check it out.

hahahaha I was only playing with ya ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #31  
Embossing Fanatic

Sorry for the delayed response; I missed the response.
Yes, I was able to past from Word into the software that came with it. It comes with two pieces of software. You can layout and cut with both, but the options are different in each. One of them (I think it's the click 'n' cut or something like that) doesn't like Windows Vista. Xyron is supposed to eventually have an update for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 05:11 AM   #32  
Inking Addict

OK, so I'm really sorry about such a late response on this. My husband surprised us with a visit home from deployment, and then we went on a mini vacation with him before he had to go back, and I've just now had time to sit down and play with my new toy. I have the new pink wishblade. It does come with 2 software discs, one is the original one, and one is the new updated version. I don't like the fact that they don't work together. I wish they had simply updated the one they had instead of doing a completely new one as they don't both do the same things. At least I haven't been able to get them to yet. My only frustration is that there really are no instructions so you pretty much have to play with it to figure it out, but once you do, it works great. I've mostly used the newer software as it will allow me to import graphics from one of my other programs to use, and it welds letters together. The more I use it, the easier it gets. I cut out 8 gable boxes that I downloaded from the SU website and it only miscut 2 which was just a matter of me knowing where to put the paper. I've cut some pretty detailed titles for my scrapbook, and a few objects as well, and didn't have much trouble. My gecko for our camping page came out really cute! I'm quite glad with my purchase but then, I'd never heard of the robocraft until I saw this thread so I can't compare those two, but I do like it better than the Cricut for its versatility. Wow, sorry for the long speach. I just like my new toy!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes