Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Technique book by SU?

Hi, I had a question for all of you SU demonstrators out there! I was looking on Ebay and saw an auction for 23 (?) "Inspiration sheets" and a technique book all by SU. The seller had quite a bit of bad feedback and one was for this very item...the bidder said they never rec'd it. For $5 shipped, it was worth it to me to take a chance but got outbid be pennies in the end. I asked my SU demo who I work with and she had not seen these before. She then asked her UP person and she had not heard of these either. Are they something that SU offers? Wondering if that is why the bidder never rec'd their items...but then the seller either had more or re-listed? I am just confused now :confused:

The picture was of sheets, with the SU logo in the top right corner and they were similar to what you get if you belong to a recipe of the month club...letter sized, shiny and pretty, like for putting in a 3 ring binder and each one looked like it went with a specific stamp set. The booklet was about the size of the holiday mini catalog; the description said it was 25 pages I think. If these items DO exist, where could I find them? Thanks in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The technique book was discontinued by SU about two to three years ago. It came free with every order. The inspiration sheets were only for a few stamp sets. Demos could purchase them and then when they demonstrated with the stamp could use the ideas on the sheets or they could hand them out to customers/hostesses for more ideas on how to use the stamps. The program only lasted for a copuple of years and I am very sure that most of the stamps used on those inspiration sheets are long retired. Many of the techniques in the technique books were very simple techniques like wet and dry embossing, two step stamping etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for answering!! I did notice that someone on this MB now has inspiration sheets for sale in the buy/sell/trade section and wondered if they decided to sell them after looking at this post I have been searching the web for the technique book and found lots of blogs that have wonderful techniques and step-by-steps and many are SU demo sites. I sure do wish they had stuff like that available now...seems like many of my cards look very bland and I would love to learn ways to spruce them up. I look through the gallery here and hope to one day be able to post something there myself! Looks like there will be lots more YouTube watching in my future!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Don't neglect the resopurces section here! There are a lot of really great techniques with pictures and instructions! I have used it many, many times!!!! It's wonderful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I'd be glad to send you a technique booklet if you PM me your address.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Wow, thanks! PMing you right now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Techniques

Hi! If you are looking for a really awesome resource for techniques. I have a subscription to
Twosday's Techniques. She has great tutorials and included is a PDF printable sheet with instructions and a photo. She uses Stampin Up products as well. Check it out!

Jenna

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

There's are some great resources right here on SCS that come immediately to mind as well:

the resources page: Resources: Tutorials for Card Making, Craft Techniques & Projects - Splitcoaststampers

and

Kim Wilson's technique classes in the gallery: Stampin Up! Gallery: Kim Wilson's Technique Class by Kim Reichle - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

Both are fantastic!

Mel, I replied to your PM.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Lindylou1221 THANK YOU! I rec'd the booklet yesterday and I was just so impressed with the beautiful card you sent that I have not really even read the book! As soon as I read that you had been working on a wedding I had to smile...that can take so much work! Thank you for thinking of me and sending the book...you clearly have been a very busy lady Hopefully my future cards will be as nice as the one you made Thanks again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2011, 04:39 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

So strange, I thought I posted a reply to your reply yesterday but it's not here ???

Anyhow, I'm glad you liked the card (no doubt largely CASED) and I'm sure yours are equally as nice. Sometimes we are our own worst critics.

Hope the Tech Book turns out to have something you can use.

Reply With Quote Likes