Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New to ATCs

I'd like some information about ATCs. How do you come up with ideas for such a small space? Is it common to put some information about yourself and/or the ATC on the back? (I've seen stamps you can use to print on the back and then fill in the info.) How common are swaps? When I go to Stampaway the main "swaps" are pins, not ATCs. What's your thoughts about ATCs? TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I LOVE ATCs! I find the space is big enough to allow some creativity but small enough to be not too intimidating. Splitcoast has a wonderful ATC swappers community, and I note from your avatar that you might be interested in a new swap I have up -- it's called Here, Kitty, Kitty.

The swap area is a membership group that you'd have to join, but it's easy. (If I, a dedicated Luddite, could figure it out, anybody can!) Just go to the swaps area and follow the directions to join, then sign on up for my swap. We'll be happy to have you, and we're always nice to ATC newbies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

You might, also, be interested in JAMS. These are similar to swaps but between 2 or 3 people.

The idea is that you and one or two others do up ATC backgrounds (any number you like) and send them to the others. They add their ideas (embellishments, fibres, pictures, whatever) and send them back to you. You finalize them and send one to each member.

In JAMS there are no hosts and the number of ATCs you need to create are smaller. Also, you do not need to make the whole ATC. This gives you experience with ATC and ideas from others without needing to join a large group or do a large number of complete ATCs.

I'm a newbie, too, to ATCs and am just doing JAMS with one other person. I find this a good way to get my feet wet, so to speak. Just a suggestion as one newbie to another.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I love making ATCs over regular cards. But one advantage is that you can use the ATC for the basis of a full size card. Also a great venue for doing new techniques. I have some in my gallery pages 2 & 4. Enjoy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,063 Likes on 818 Posts

It would be normal when you are swapping them to put some details on the back.
Generally that would include your name and a contact number/email, the date, a title for the card, and whether it's in a series (several different cards, but based on a theme) or an edition (several cards all the same), or a one off. So if you made 10 exactly the same, you'd number them 1 in an edition of 10, 2 in an edition of 10, so on. Same with series.
Oh - and now I see the date of the OP, I remember why I decided not to reply yesterday. Obviously my brain hasn't engaged in gear for today yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

I've generally been a lurker on SCS but, having just discovered there are swap groups, especially ATCs which I dearly love, I think I'll have to check this out! Thanks for much for the 411.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I just started making a few myself... for lots of tips and a friendly place to ask questions check out this thread... you dont' have to sign up for the swap but I am learning a lot there!

***POSTAL*** Make Mine Vintage ATC Swap due 10-15-10*** by Jmaraul at Splitcoaststampers

My problem is I keep thinking of them as miniature cards when I sit down to make one so mine don't have that "artsy" look yet but its a process I guess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2019, 06:05 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a multiple collections of ATC swaps; trading artist trading cards that is. Here is a neat way to use up some if you ever got into these type of swaps or still continue to
create these little ATC charms.
http://www.decodiy.net/i-like-the-layout

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes