Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help finding STICKY Paper for printing images??!!

Hi All...I am looking for paper (like the 8.5x11 sheets) that would be sticky on the back side where you could print an image on it, than cut it out and peel off backing so that image was sticky on the back also?? to save on using a glue stick, tape runner, etc...maybe I'm nutsy cuckoo but I thought I saw "somewhere" that there is a product for INKJET printers (that's what I have, not a laser).

Maybe a store that might carry it? We have a Walmart and Staples near me..that's it..NO Hobby Lobby, Michael's, JoAnn, etc....OR someplace I might be able to order it, IF there is indeed such a thing.

I have such trouble with getting edges to stick on my projects after cutting out an image, and than placing it on my cards, tins, etc....would be just like making your own "stickers" I guess ??!!!

Thanks for ANY help, suggestions...Take care..Have a great day!! Jo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Default adhesive vellum

I found some adhesive vellum at Walmart for inkjet printers. I think if i remember correctly it comes with about 10 sheets. I have to check who it's by also but it may be what you can use.

Also labels (they come in so many sizes and colors) can be used also if you don't mind the white background. But be sure to put as much as you can on a sheet of paper so none goes to waste because once you print on it it's hard to put it back in the printer to line up correctly.

Those who refuse to work for themselves will always work for others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Office supply stores sell adhesive sheets you send through your inkjet printer. I use them a lot to make stickers when I work with kids. I use the Avery brand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willing1View Post
I found some adhesive vellum at Walmart for inkjet printers. I think if i remember correctly it comes with about 10 sheets. I have to check who it's by also but it may be what you can use.

Also labels (they come in so many sizes and colors) can be used also if you don't mind the white background. But be sure to put as much as you can on a sheet of paper so none goes to waste because once you print on it it's hard to put it back in the printer to line up correctly.
I wonder if I bought the LARGER labels (like the shipping labels?) or name badge labels?? that would work do you think? I would have to download the template for that particular label, and than ADD the clip art to it (vs. text) ?? print the label, and than cut around image? Hmmm...gotta think about that..GOOD IDEA!!!! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 07:33 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelsluvs2scrapView Post
Office supply stores sell adhesive sheets you send through your inkjet printer. I use them a lot to make stickers when I work with kids. I use the Avery brand.
Will stop at Staples and see if I can find the FULL sheets for InkJet Printers!!
Do you put as many images as you can get on ONE sheet (before printing) ?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAnneyView Post
Will stop at Staples and see if I can find the FULL sheets for InkJet Printers!!
Do you put as many images as you can get on ONE sheet (before printing) ?

Thanks!!

You can buy full 8 1/2 x 11 label sheets. You fill up your page like a regular sheet of paper and print. You can also get clear ones (like the clear labels) in full sheet as well so you don't have to contend with a white background. Watch what you get if you choose the clear labels. Make sure you buy the kind for you inkjet printer. I made the mistake of buying the ones for laser printers and the ink doesn't dry. However, I ended up being able to make my own rub-ons with the "mistake" labels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

THANKS!! I will definitely look for the full page LABELS! And be sure to watch if buying clear, that is says INK JET as I was afraid of that when it comes to printing on clear transparencies, etc.. (have never tried it before though).
Would be curious to know how you used the "mistake" ones to use as RUB ONS??
If you could drop me a note I'd really appreciate it!! Sounds interesting??!!

Back to the image label SHEETS, if you were to print say...a strawberry..if you cut out the image completely, there wouldn't be a white background right?? or am I confused?? (again) hahaha

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

THANKS!! I will definitely look for the full page LABELS! And be sure to watch if buying clear, that is says INK JET as I was afraid of that when it comes to printing on clear transparencies, etc.. (have never tried it before though).
Would be curious to know how you used the "mistake" ones to use as RUB ONS??
If you could drop me a note I'd really appreciate it!! Sounds interesting??!!

Back to the image label SHEETS, if you were to print say...a strawberry..if you cut out the image completely, there wouldn't be a white background right?? or am I confused?? (again) hahaha

Thanks!
If you cut right next to the image you shouldn't get any white.

Not to sidetrack your thread, but I wanted to let you know how to make the rub ons with laser clear label, or transparencies.

Create the image you want or lettering, then print it in mirror image at the best quality setting for your printer. This will put a lot of ink on the sheet. Let it dry for a couple of minutes, then turn it over and rub it onto your paper. I use a popsicle stick. They're not as "professional" as store bought. They look kind of distressed & grungy. I liked the look on some of the one's I've done.

Now back to our scheduled programming.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

maybe you should consider getting a xyron to run pre-printed images through?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightrachel1008View Post
Would LOVE one!! Maybe drop a "hint" to the hubby for an Xmas Gift?? hahaha
Gotta do some reading up as I've heard of it, but never have seen one used, etc? Does Walmart sell them? as I have NO local craft stores near where I live. (No Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn,...boo hoo!!)

Thanks ALL for your help!! SO NICE to know there are people always willing to help here. Take care,Jo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

The only thing bad about using the labels is that the paper is quite thin and even though your image would be secure everywhere, it would look pretty flat. If you have an Xyron, you can put adhesive on any thickness of paper which gives you the ability to stamp on watercolor paper for wonderful watercoloring and such. Adhesive labels aren't that inexpensive either.

I've never had any problem with my edges not being totally secured since most of what I cut out is from 80lb paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

You may want to check out Papertrey Ink as they have them, too. The quality of this paper is terrific to stamp on! I have tried with mailing labels and that works...you may find that some whites are brighter than others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #13  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Would LOVE one!! Maybe drop a "hint" to the hubby for an Xmas Gift?? hahaha
Gotta do some reading up as I've heard of it, but never have seen one used, etc? Does Walmart sell them? as I have NO local craft stores near where I live. (No Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn,...boo hoo!!)

Thanks ALL for your help!! SO NICE to know there are people always willing to help here. Take care,Jo
I LOVE my xyron. I just bought one in March & wish I had bought one sooner. I use it more for scrapbooking than cardmaking. For cards I usually use it when I am puching small things, flowers etc. If you don't have a craft store near you, you can always order one online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #14  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 516 Likes on 286 Posts

Just to toss in my two cents, I use Duck runner, the permanent version, and nothing comes unstuck with duck!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2008, 05:47 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

This is what I use for small things. Just lay your cut out image on the sheet, press a little, lift up w/ tweezers.

http://www.pointerscrapbooking.com/i...97fef2683749d7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightrachel1008View Post
Am I correct that the Xyron machine is "sort of" like a laminating machine...where you run a piece of paper with your printed images on it thru the machine and the roller applies a sticky backing? to WRONG side of your paper? Than you just cut out the image? and apply to your cardstock, scrapbook page, etc??!!

Are the refills expensive??? and EASY to replace?? Really thinking I want one of these more & more!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 07:30 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

You cut your images out before you run them through the Xyron. You can get sticky on the back without getting scissors sticky. You can also flip your image and get sticky on the front if you want to do something different like adhere microbeads or glitter on the front. I've used it to adhere CS to coasters before I use my cuttlebug dies to cut images. I have the 500. You can't do really small pieces (quarter size or less) in that size...they have a tendency to get lost. The little 'X' Xyron is good for the little stuff. The cartridges are so easy to change that a 5 yo can do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&carsView Post
You cut your images out before you run them through the Xyron. You can get sticky on the back without getting scissors sticky. You can also flip your image and get sticky on the front if you want to do something different like adhere microbeads or glitter on the front. I've used it to adhere CS to coasters before I use my cuttlebug dies to cut images. I have the 500. You can't do really small pieces (quarter size or less) in that size...they have a tendency to get lost. The little 'X' Xyron is good for the little stuff. The cartridges are so easy to change that a 5 yo can do it.

So does the Xyron leave a protective covering over the sticky stuff? that you would peel off when it comes time to attach it..(to whatever)..like a sticker I guess is what I'm trying to say?? Otherwise how would you cut out your Cuttlebug dies with the sticky stuff on back of CS?? Sorry, just not getting it?? Don't understand how you get the images that you've already cut out INTO the machine?
Reply With Quote Likes