Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Image transfer and digital stamps

Hello all,

I have posted recently a simple image transfer technique using spray sealer, here is another transfer technique I have been working on.

In the world of ceramics I produce digital images to be printed into waterslide decals which can then be fired into the surface of a glaze.

Ok ok I will get to the point! Image transfer onto a glazed pottery item using a ceramic waterslide decal is fairly easy. But what if I want to apply my digital images to unglazed pottery or wood or canvas and get a lovely crisp result?
At first I was going to try the Golden gel medium technique but unfortunately there was none to hand so I tried it with a few new products yesterday and here are the results... I love to experiment!

Andy.

Here is the full tutorial
AndySkinner.org: Digital Stamping Image Transfer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2010, 06:06 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I took a Golden class and loved the transfer. I want to try the waterslide decals. Can you buy those at any big box type stores or do you have to order them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Andy,

Just left a comment on your blog...I have a question. Doesn't sealing the bisque keep it from absorbing the water condensation when you use it as a coaster? I have made many coasters with bisque with rubber stamps and various inks, and I have not sealed them and they do not fade, and they absorb the water. I'm guessing that you have to seal because you are using transfers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Donna,

I seal the coasters to repel liquid and not to stop fading. Bisque is a very pourous material and any liquid will be absorbed straight into the pottery, thats fine if its water but red wine or coffee spillage to name a few are going to stain the tile so I always use a waterproof sealant when using as a coaster.
If you are stampming onto marble tiles (tumbled marble) then no sealer is needed as the marble naturally repels water.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Andy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2010, 03:49 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I took a Golden class and loved the transfer. I want to try the waterslide decals. Can you buy those at any big box type stores or do you have to order them?
I've purchased the waterslide decal paper online--not sure the company, but I think it was the first one that came up in google.

Here's an example of a decal on a domino:
Indigo Bunting Domino Pendant Necklace Bird Portrait : phunkymama - ArtFire Jewelry

Last edited by phunkymama; 11-12-2010 at 03:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:19 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

I have now bitten the bullet and made a video on my spray sealer image transfer technique...I hate having my picture taken let alone a video so accept my appologies in advance for the babbling!
This time though I have shown how it works on cardstock as well as bisque as this may be more of interest to the majority of people on this forum....I also tried it on chipboard and that worked very well.

AndySkinner.org: Americana Spray Image Transfer
Reply With Quote Likes