Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2005, 06:23 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help coming up with a teacher gift

I have run out of ideas. I need a valentines day gift idea for a male and a female teacher open to anything. I thought I would add male is 5th grade teacher and female is 6th grade teacher. I would like to take the time now to say Thank You for your response and time to read this post.
sonia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 06:47 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Give them some Treasures (chocolates) and say "Thanks for all you do! You are treasured!" And then write a check for a few thousand dollars and call it a good gift!

(Can you tell I used to be a teacher! Ha!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 06:50 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

How about the post it note holder with the matching pen and some extra post its. Or the small paint can with stuff in it. I found tiny canvas bags and stamped on them, I filled them with a Pampered Chef seasons best ($1) a tiny spatula and some little candies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 07:33 PM   #4  
One TOT Mom

What grade do they teach?

The notepad and pen idea is good. It is amazing how many pens just walk off at school. The colored RSVP pens are esp. good. Gift cards of any kind - you could make a cute little gift card holder. Even $5 to Starbucks or the ice cream shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 07:37 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemykids
Give them some Treasures (chocolates) and say "Thanks for all you do! You are treasured!" And then write a check for a few thousand dollars and call it a good gift!

(Can you tell I used to be a teacher! Ha!)
I like it!! I like it alot!!! haha (I'm a preschool teacher)
A gift card is always nice.. I got a Barnes and Noble card for Christmas and LOVED IT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Actually I just had a fellow teacher tell me that she would love "Thank You" cards. A "pack" of cards would be an awesome gift! (You wouldn't have to do more than 5 if you didn't want to!) Also, if you made cards that were kid orientated. I can't wait to send little "you're doing great" notes home with my students!
Something different for the guy teacher - stamp him one of those mugs that you can personalize because they're clear.
Teachers like just about anything - chocolate, handmade (avoid like cookies though, we're kind of weary about that... LOL). Really, it doesn't have to be elaborate - just to know that we're appreciated, that's what we like the most!

Hope this helps,
Kendra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here are pics of the mugs I did for my daughter's teacher, student teacher and librarian. I found these mugs at my local "Dollar Tree" store. You could change it to something more masculine for the male teacher. I filled the inside with a hot cocoa package and chocolate candy. My daughter couldn't stand waiting and wanted to give it to them early (yesterday) so I finally gave in and let her and they all loved them and just raved about them.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Also, at Christmas I gave them a 2 liter bottle of their favorite pop. I then hooked a jiffy pop container of popcorn onto the top of the 2 liter bottle of pop. I decorated the front of the jiffy popcorn and made a pocket on it where I slipped in a movie gift certificate. I can't remember where I first heard of that idea but the teachers loved it.

Good luck. Hope that help!
Amber
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 08:56 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

My two children go to a Montessori Pre-school and last year I gave their regular teachers stamped cards and envelopes and stationary. I made a hand made box for the cards and for the stationary I used Roses in Winter, they turned out lovely and I made stamped folders to hold them. For the support staff I stamped cute envelopes to hold gift cards from Jamba Juice or you could do Starbucks. I'm going to try the stamped cubes and pens for the support staff this year . I'm hoping to make quilted bags for my son's teachers as he is off to kindegarten in the fall and this is a good-bye gift...of course there's going to be a stamped card with them. As for Valentine's Day, a stamped card and a flower or planted seed pot might work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 04:21 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I did a cello bag with topper. Filled with graham crackers, marshmallows and a Hershey bar. Attached a poem - "Instead of an apple, though you're sweet to the core....I'm giving you this Valentine, because I couldn't like you smore"

Found that idea somewhere here on SCS. We did the project at my Mommy and Me Stamp Camp and it was a big hit.

-Tracy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 04:41 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Teacher Valentine

This is what I did for my kiddos teachers---I put some candy inside.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first thing that came to my mind is stamping a note cube--you know, one of those 3D ones. Perhaps wrap it with stamped plastic/shrink wrap and stick pens or pencils in with it.

Rene

(who just discovered this great site! *cheer*)
Reply With Quote Likes