Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:16 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitter Help

I know there are instructions on how to do a glitter embossed cuttlebug folder. Help please.

Chris.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Chris,

If you'd like to do an easy glitter treatment on a cuttlebugged piece of cardstock, then I'd suggest that you watch one of the newest Stamp TV tutorials that Gina K does so well--she uses a clear crystal sakura glitter pen on top of cardstock that has been put through the cuttlebug first. You'll love her tutorials and I'd recommend joining stamp TV, you'll be as hooked as I am! By the way, you can buy a kit of two stamp sets, cardstock and embellishments so that you can do the projects along with Gina for a two-month period as she does weekly projects. This newest Stamp TV kit is a christmas kit, the quality is outstanding and the value is terrific too. I bought the Signs of Autumn Stamp TV kit, her previous Stamp TV kit, and I plan to get as many of her kits as my budget will allow. Here's the link to Stamp TV, and the tutorial I was talking about, for the Shimmering Background Paper--

http://stamptv.ning.com/video/shimme...ckground-paper

Hoping that you find this and Gina's other tutorials helpful. You may want another glitter method, but I hope that you find this one interesting as well.

Have a great weekend.

Blessings,

Joanne

905lovestostamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I haven't seen a tutorial Chris but my first thought was that you could do this using the "inking the negative" technique and then sprinkling Stamp 'n Bond (or similar) on there for the glitter to stick to. You'd get glitter in the low areas that way - is that what you're after?

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2009, 03:06 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea either. I will have to keep checking back and see if anyone has a good idea.
What if you put versa mark all over the raised part of the cardstock and then used Heat & Stick. Then sprinkle glitter on that. Of course if you want different color glittler on certain parts of the embossing ..this might not work. I haven't tried this ..it just came to me as I was posting.
Reply With Quote Likes