Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to laurelbeard
Fiskars Deluxe Portable Trimmer

I feel like such a fool! I can NOT figure out how to use it. I went to measure something and I see the 1" is on the right of the blade. But how am I supposed to cut the paper when I need it to cross over the blade to the left? Obviously, I need to have my paper on the left or I won't have anything to cut. Ah. I feel like such a fool that I can't figure out a device that people have no problem using! :mad:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but this might be what you're confused about. . . You do lay your paper on the left side of the cutter, and the final piece you cut out will still be on that side. The measurements on the right side of the blade guide are for measuring the length of your paper. For example, if you wanted to cut a 3" x 5" piece, you line up the top edge of your paper at the 3" mark along the top of the cutter, then just pull your blade down to the 5" mark on the blade guide (the little pointers on the sides of the orange blade will show you the right spot), instead of all the way down to the bottom. Then you'll have to turn your paper so you can cut the 3" side (line up your paper to the 5" mark at the top and cut down to the 3" mark). Clear as mud, huh? Having the measurements on the guide I think is just kind of a way to save paper without having to cut all the way to the bottom of your paper each time. You can just cut out a rectangle or square of paper from your full size sheet instead of it ending up in 3 pieces by having to cut the full length. You can cut your paper all of the way to the bottom if you want and not use the measurements on the blade guide. The scrap pieces will just fall off to the right of the cutter. I bet if you practice a bit on scrap paper you'll get the hang of it.

I hope this is the answer you were looking for, and that I've explained it ok and haven't confused you more. Good luck!

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Skype™ to laurelbeard
Cool

Hmmmm.. Perhaps I was laying the paper on the wrong side and there is where my confusion began? I have never been good at math or geometry or measurements, but I felt pretty stupid when I went to cut and couldn't figure this out.... Thanks for your input. I will give it another whirl this morning and actually but a 3x5 since you gave directions and see how it turns out... Thanks...:eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2009, 02:19 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

also the measurements to the right of the blade are nice if you are trying to cut just a narrow piece that is less than one inch because it gives you more to hold (on the left) and you are measuring on the right.
Reply With Quote Likes