Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-16-2016, 05:52 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT421~August 16, 2016~Fresh Air..Blue Skies..It's the Country Life for Me

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #421

Fresh Air..Blue Skies..It's the Country Life for Me

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Well, you've heard it said that you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl...It is sooooo true. Growing up with all the fresh air and sunshine - with an occasional tornado thrown in - certainly has it's advantages. And Miss Mary is one who never gave up her country ways even though she hasn't had to milk a cow or chase the darn rooster for many a year. She still likes her vegies fresh from the dirt in the back yard, she still likes her bread fresh from her own oven, likes to sleep in sheets dried on the line out back....ahhh, nothing better she thinks.

2: Times are a changing though and Miss Mary is trying to adapt. This new-fangled "patio home" place doesn't have a yard big enough for anything resembling a garden but her patio is now starting to look green with the tomato plant in a pot, the cucumber growing up the trellis, the salad greens in the window box, and she is getting really "modern" with her new-fangled hanging strawberry plant she ordered off the TV. She is determined to at least have fresh salad once in awhile. And forget about line dried sheets, she has had to learn to live with "Downy-Outdoor fresh" scented sheets.

3: The neighbor isn't to fond of the plan though and doesn't like the bees humming around or the occasional rabbit that tries to sneak onto her patio for a treat and end up on his instead. So Miss Mary is busy knitting up a lacy "curtain" to hang at the end of her patio to block her view of his ugly plastic lawn chairs and maybe even pot up some aromatic herbs in a pot too. That would surely make the salads tastier, and it might help block his odorific cigar smoke too. Oh My, the trials of this city living are something she never thought she would have to put up with.

4: But moving back to the farm isn't an option any more and with the grandkids in town, she doesn't want to be so far away. But she surely does miss the quiet front porch life. The neighbor only thinks those rabbits are trying to sneak in for a forbidden bite, Miss Mary loves to see them hopping around so she planted some green onions in pots along the front of her patio to keep them from stealing everything, but she secretly throws some lettuce and other "prunings" out on the yard for them, and sits in her rocker and watches them hop around enjoying their snack. TeeeHeee, take that you cigar smoking strange person.

5: So life is starting to be a little more peaceful for Miss Mary, but she really does wish the view from her little patio was a little less city like. Art work is what she needs. So she makes a trip to some stores but no one seems to want to buy "farmy" landscapes any more she is told. Sadly Miss Mary returns to her patio and tries to come up with another plan.

6: So teapotters, I think you know what is needed here. Lots of lively farm scenes with green fields, abundant flowers, and blue skies all around with some cows thrown in too.......

Challenge Translation:

Some bright cheerful hello mail from the local dairy barn or chicken coop is what is needed. No scenes of Times Square please or you get barn duty for sure. Teehee....

EPEC=extra points for extra cookies:

Marilyn is someone who would enjoy mail spread out so "Slackers" this one is for us, don't worry about getting it mailed at the first light of dawn, take your time and mosey on down to the post in a day or two and send it on the way but be sure to pick up an extra cookie as you go by.

Destination Station:

This week our cards are going to Iowa. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Marilyn. She was brought to our attention by SCSr Ocean County Stamper.

To find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit post #527 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is a quick link to MMTPT421 challenge gallery

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT421 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT421~August 16, 2016~Fresh Air..Blue Skies..It's the Country Life for Me-28e5eb180f170d42b65d0c79d44f928d.jpg   MMTPT421~August 16, 2016~Fresh Air..Blue Skies..It's the Country Life for Me-barn-cookies.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 08-23-2016 at 04:51 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 325 Likes on 228 Posts

Glad to see Marilyn as the recepient today. I am linking up this card as its already in an envelope ready to mail to her this week.

DTGD16JeanneS Chicken by DCinkit - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I like your idea of sending another card later on, so I'll make a second one for this challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - - Handmade Cards & Crafts is mine for Marilyn. Finally had time to play !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 12:41 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " Cow YOU Doing? "

Great idea to cheer up Marilyn. Us younger generation at least gets e-mails and stuff. Here are my critters to join the party.
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2016, 03:34 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I am so inspired by the creations (and stories) you ladies come up with. Thank you for sharing your cards. I may have to get going and do a challenge or two.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 06:12 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Here's my card for Marilyn:

The Country Life
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

I'm going to send this cutie to Marilyn...I also matched it with it with this week's sketch and color challenges.

Cow's it Going?

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 01:32 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Country girls unite!

I would love to send Marilyn some country lovin from the farm. Maybe I'll even send her a pic of my real silly horse to give her a smile. Here's two cards I made to add to the list.

Hay There! by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cow's it going? by Shirleysgirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!
Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Here is my card for Marilyn
Just us Chickens saying HI by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

This was a good challenge and I combined it with the sketch challenge which lent itself to the country theme of the teapot challenge.
Culled Herd by pvilbaum - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a bunch of farm animals from Walk This Way - here they are:

MMTPT421 - Memories for Marilyn by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,190 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Here's my card going out to Marilyn tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,911 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I sent this one out when it was mentioned in another thread. I may have sent it out before taking a picture. I'll go check my gallery and if I did take a pic, I will link it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 325 Likes on 228 Posts

Kathy - Would love to see your card. Hope you have a picture of it!

I had already made a card for Marilyn before I saw this challenge, so I linked it up in Post #2. A suggestion was made that she would enjoy more cards in the future. Today I made a second one for this challenge.

MMTPT421 Barnyard Cat by DCinkit - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

My card for Marilyn. Walking on Sunshine by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2016, 08:28 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 458 Likes on 236 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I've got so many extra cards in my stash that I've been sending those out instead of creating new ones. I know they will still be loved~

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2016, 03:30 AM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is my card.

MMTPT421 Cow HI by buddy'smama - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #18  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my card. It went in the mail on Friday.

MMTPT421, Happy Farm by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

I put my card in the mail today and... I forgot to take a picture. It's been one of those weeks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 05:18 AM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Everyone. The note below is an email I received from my sister in law, who works with Linda, Marilyn's daughter.
Sorry this is so late getting information to you and the group. Linda was on vacation, then I was on vacation. Upon return to work 8/29, I had 300 work emails and meetings to attend once I returned to work. The first two days have been very busy catching up!

Linda came to the office yesterday (Tuesday, 8/30) and sent the picture above to share with the stamping group. She had several pictures with different cards, but this is the only one she sent.

Marilyn is so proud of her cards! Marilyn’s daughter, Linda made a board to display them so everyone in the assistive living area can enjoy them as well. She has been writing on the back of each card what state they are from and they read them every day. Marilyn’s memory isn’t what it used to be and even if the cards are a repeat, it is as if she has received a new one daily. Linda rotates the cards and states she has received about 40 cards so far.

Linda was genuinely appreciative(and I believe somewhat shocked by the kindness of all the stampers). She sent her heartfelt thanks to the group for reaching out and making her adjustment easier and easing her mind with the life changes of assistive living.

Please also thank everyone who participated and send them a huge thanks from me as well. I am willing to participate if anyone needs to send a friend or loved one a pick-me-up card!

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2016, 06:45 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Oh my gosh, thanks for posting the picture and sharing the email. I've got tears in my eyes. You never know sometimes the power of "the card" and some friendly, caring words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2016, 03:42 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for sharing. I am sure we all enjoy hearing about the results of our parties.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2016, 08:14 PM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Shows that our cards serve a purpose to all who get them. Thanks for the picture---sure makes us feel good that all our cards are happy mail to all we send to.
Reply With Quote Likes