Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT354 ~May 12, 2015~ It Don't Mean a Thing If it Ain't Got that Swing!

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty'
and Challenge #354

It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. Everyone was jazzed in Swingtown. The biggest event of the season, the Swingtown Jazz Fest was fast approaching. Stages were being raised in the park, musicians were streaming in and hotels were filling to the brim with eager enthusiasts.

2. This year was a special one, a tribute to the big bands of the 1930's and 40's and all of the movies that they spawned. Jazz greats from the world over were on the program to honor those who came before them. Trumpeters, saxophonists, pianists and drummers were all excited to be involved, but the jazz dancers were all the more so...you see this particular Festival incorporates not only instrumental and vocal performances, but jazz dance as well!

3. Savoy Sashay Troupe is the creme de la creme of jazz dance. Known for their stylized postures and rounds of improvisation, no two performances were ever the same - so none was to be missed! With 42,000 performances behind them they enjoy top billing at the Festival whenever they are booked...and this year was no exception. Wild horses couldn't keep them away.

4. Ruh-roh - maybe wild horses couldn't but a busted down iron horse might! Seems that although they were all aboard the A Train that couldn't get out of the station! What kind of a tribute to jazz movies could Swingtown have without the dancers? Their leaps, jumps and tapping leave no audience napping! We need all those Sashay-ers to dance to the players!

5. You guessed it, Teapotters - step up your game and do some high stepping!

Our guest of honor herself mentioned this musical inspiration:

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Bring anything that a dancer would need - shoes, costumes, music and more dancers!

EPEC ~ (EXTRA POINTS FOR EXTRA COOKIES!)
Any jazz or movie reference...but leave your rock and roll at home or it is the back door for you!

DESTINATION STATION:
This week our destination is Brooklyn, NY. If you would like a destination for your card, how about Alice? Alice was brought to our attention by Pat aka Blooms in a Box.

To find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit post #458 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #354 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT354 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges.
MMTPT354  ~May 12, 2015~ It Don't Mean a Thing If it Ain't Got that Swing!-movie-teapot.jpg   MMTPT354  ~May 12, 2015~ It Don't Mean a Thing If it Ain't Got that Swing!-bakedhappy_moviecookiesinprogress-528x528.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 05-18-2015 at 08:12 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 04:59 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Miss Alice:
MMTPT354 for Miss Alice by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 05:05 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Here's my card for Alice: What a wonderful lady!

MMTPT354 She's All That! by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
QFTD 258
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 07:05 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

You have GOT to watch the video on this challenge post! It is the cutest and amazing woman dancing in the 1930s and 40s! One fabulous gal with some fabulous moves!

MMTPT354: Fabulous Moves

My card goes out today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 07:40 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Here's mine:
MMTP354 Jazz Cats
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

My card to Alice is going out tomorrow. I will not post the card as it is a cut down of a card that I received from 'octoberbabe'! I had seen this video on Facebook before it was posted on SCS and am very happy that we are sending cards to Alice! - - - I hope I am not in trouble with Mary for doing this! I enjoyed the card and it is PERFECT with the 'chicks' dancing, for Alice! I personally did NOT have anything 'dancing'!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Dancing in the Rain by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
here's my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2015, 05:37 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is my card for this challenge.

Smile If You Got That Swing by buddy'smama - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 830 Likes on 584 Posts

I am sending Alice a card that I have in my gallery that has not found a home yet. It is so perfect for her. I am sending this card: Music Moves Me by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.
Reply With Quote Likes