Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT#246~ April 16, 2013~Pryce Pearson III and the Ghosts of Camp-outs Past

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #246

Pryce Pearson III and the Ghosts of Camp-outs Past

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Bucket lists have become all the rage lately and everyone seems to be examining their needs and listing things that they hope to accomplish before they leave this earth. Some might list 100 exotic locales to visit, or go even further and taste the weirdest culinary traditions in those exotic locales. Some will list famous people they want to meet or maybe the grave sites of famous people they want to see. Some more adventurous folks will list mountains they want to climb or canyon trails to hike. But when you are Pryce Pearson III of THE Pearson's, it is hard to think of anything you haven't already done or experienced. Why everything his little mind came up with was granted to him without hesitation.

2: But what no one realizes is that Pryce really just wants to be "normal". Like his friend Johnny and his faithful sidekick Benji-boy. Unlike the purebred dogs that Pryce was allowed to have as a child, Benji-boy looks more like a mop head than a dog, is most likely muddy from some adventure and has the most alarmingly loud bark you can imagine. But Benji-boy is totally devoted to Johnny and the two are never seen apart. No one really knows Johnny's last name or where he came from except that at one time he served in the USMC and still calls everyone "Sir" or "Gunny". How Pryce and Johnny struck up a friendship is also a bit of a mystery as two more unlike persons would be hard to find. But their friendship is a well known fact around Pearceville and they have been seen sharing stories and picnics by the river on numerous occasions. The only thing the two seem to have in common is a love of the game of golf.

3: Pryce grew up playing golf at every country club this side of the Mississippi and has amassed a handsome array of trophies for his skills. He however is just as happy playing at some little 9-hole course as long as it has a few waterholes and bunkers to test his skills. Johnny will only say that he learned the game during rehab and it helps him think to go out and hit a few balls around. When Pryce hears about a new course that is finally ready to be open about 40 miles away, he decides that he and Johnny are going to be the first 2 people to play the course. But when he calls to arrange a tee time, he is told that the first day is already lined out for dignitaries and media. Johnny however, is a very enterprising sort and tells Pryce he knows a way that they can still be first. All they have to do is camp out close by the course and be at the 1st tee before the first streaks of light touch the sky. By the time the dignitaries get there, his plan is to be several hole's away.

4: Pryce is so excited to do something so totally un-Pearson like that he forgets to tell Johnny that he has never really camped out. Sleeping in a tent in the solarium is as wild as his camp outs ever got. After loading a tent and bag with food stuffs, the two set out and scout around for a good camping spot from where they can easily walk to the course in the morning. Finding a shady, level spot they pitch the tent and after eating they scout the area a bit to make sure they will go unnoticed and then sit around a camp-fire for a bit just talking. Pryce isn't sure what to do at this point and asks Johnny if this is where they start telling ghost stories. At the mention of the word ghost, Benji-boy starts a most chilling howl that is sure to awaken everyone within miles and startle every creature into hiding. Once Johnny finally gets him calmed down, he tells Pryce not to ever mention that word cuz Benji-boy is terribly afraid of g-h-o-s-t-s and he will attack anything is sight once he gets worked up.

5: "Uh, then Johnny, you'd better not let him see the mist coming up from that huge waterhole over there".....RUT-ROH!!...a distraction is in order. Johnny pulls out a large bandana and puts it over Benji-boys eyes and like a switch, he quiets down and curls up to sleep. "Wow", Pryce had never seen anything like that. Johnny told him that Benji-boy is a war dog and that was the only way he and the guys could get him to rest between missions. So with Benji-boy quieted, the two of them planned their strategy for tomorrows adventure and laughed about what Pryce's father would say when they eventually got found out.

6: However, the two didn't realize that the dignitaries involved were the local celebrities, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty" teapotters. A bigger bunch of "WHOOOT-WHOOOT"ing, cookie flinging, wild hat wearing, gals has never been known. And these gals are already showing up, some of them coming from miles away to be part of this gala. Did Pryce really think that was mist coming off the waterhole? BWAAAAHAAAAA!!!! wonder what stories they are telling round that campfire?

Challenge Translation:
We're going outdoors this week so bring your camping gear, your cook out stuff, your golf clubs, your camp guard dog, your sunscreen...but leave your ghost stories at home or it's the back door for you.

EPEC--extra points for extra cookies:
Want some of those extra special camp-out cookies? (S'mores) then bring a funny camp-out story and join us around the campfire.

Destination Station:

This week our destination is Perryville, MO. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to David. David has been brought to our attention by fellow Teapotter/SCSer Sylvia Sillyfilly

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit Post #345 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card

Here is the wonderful card Sylvia made for her friend

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #246 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT246 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!

Thank you from Sylvia and from me!!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT#246~ April 16, 2013~Pryce Pearson III and the Ghosts of Camp-outs Past-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT#246~ April 16, 2013~Pryce Pearson III and the Ghosts of Camp-outs Past-il_570xn_352271442_bv1c.jpg   MMTPT#246~ April 16, 2013~Pryce Pearson III and the Ghosts of Camp-outs Past-il_570xn.271252327.jpg   MMTPT#246~ April 16, 2013~Pryce Pearson III and the Ghosts of Camp-outs Past-il_570xn.339310725.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 06-04-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #2  

teaparty.jpg

Happy Birthday Teapotters

This week we have 2 birthdays to celebrate. So lets all make sure they don't forget that special day and wish them lots of cookies. and don't those S'mores look scrumptious this week?!?!?!

101Airborne 4/18
Cook22 4/21

Happy birthday gals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Here is my card for this week's teaparty. Now it is off to Missosuri!!!

MMTPT246 Soft Sand Cabin by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MMTPT246 Front by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Front

MMTPT246 Inside by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Inside

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

It's the thought that counts...right? My word I found this challenge very difficult. Here it is.
On Par for David - MMTPT246 by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I always have trouble with masculine cards and it really shows. This is not my finest work but as Susie just said, "It's the thought that counts". HERE is mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " I'm Packed."..:0)

here is my camping card, even our lil watch doggie has his lil trusty bone and so is packed and all ready to go...:0)... .I'm packed
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

My "golf" card for David:

MMTPT246 Thinking of David by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

Hope our cards bring much cheer to David. He has lots of interests, so it gave us lots of choices.

TENTED HELLO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:23 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

MMTPT246-golf by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
here's my card for David
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for David:
MMTPT246 by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT246 David in the great outdoors by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my card for David. Since he loves camping I figured you needed a nice big tree to pitch your tent under. Mailed it out yesterday. Been a while since I've played as we try and spend time south away from the Ohio winters. I've been playing catch up all week. Prayers go out to David.
Happy Tuesday Teapotters!!!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

For whatever reason I had a really hard time with this week's card! Here's what I came up with ...

LL's MMTPT#246 Riley Golf by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
Default I thought I had this loaded already -

Turns out I didn't. Here is my card;

MMTPT246: Going Camping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

My card for David:

MMTPT246 - Country Golfing by Twinlynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lynn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

Here's mine for David:

In My Tent

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #17  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

It's been a long time since I've been able to participate in a tea party. Here's my card for David:

Hotdog on a Stick (MMTPT246) by ~CA~ - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Default Golf card for David

Here is my golfing card for David and for the challenge. These are a lot of fun! I don't know why I didn't do these sooner.

Golf Card RAK MMTPT246 by klikes - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

http://lattesstampsandeverythingelse.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

I seem to be slwer every week!
MMTPT246 - Thoughts for David by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

I actually remembered to take a pic of my card before sending it out. Shocking right?

Here is David's card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's my card for David as I had just uploaded ityesterday and got a call that my husbands sister had just died, she had been in the Chicago Cancer of America for over 3 months, So will be back to comment on the cards in a few days, so you do not think I forgot, Hugs DonnaJeanne
David's Card by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

The DH and I just got back from our first camping trip of the year. It was to our nation's newest Nat'l Park, Pinnacles Nat'l Park in California.
Pinnacles National Park - Pinnacles National Park
The weather was for the most part nice, but on the windy side. We had the joy of seeing condors fly right above our heads. So while I didn't send a card based on the teapot or cookies or camping, I did send some postcards of my favorite Nat'l Parks and Pinnacles. So it will be sort of a mini vacation for David.

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #23  

glad you had a fun trip. I'm sure he can use the mini vacation too. good thinking..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

Here is my card, ready to send out to David. MMTPT246 for David by ClearlySouthern - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

This week's challenge is almost posted, and I am just finishing last week's card!
Vintage golfing by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes