Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #121  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT109 TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #109

This week's destination is Philadelphia, PA. We are mailing our special birthday cards to Mrs. Eula Cousins was born on September 14, 1902 in Elizabeth City North, Carolina. She is celebrating her 108th birthday! Whoo Hoo!

As written by Lorraine's friend:

Eula Cousins was an only child and describes her childhood as a "glorious series of adventures"!! She moved to Philadelphia and married Dr. William Cousins (an Optometrist) and they enjoyed 42 years of marriage!

The two of them were known philanthropists and sponsored many children to attend college. They traveled extensively to Germany, Spain and the Scandinavian countries! Mrs. Cousins is a lover of History and reads 2 historical novels a month. She loves poetry and reading!

Mrs. Cousins was known for her flower gardens and her favorite flower is the rose. She grew over 50 different varieties in her garden. She loves cats and had a cat named Marcy Ann that lived to the old age of 17. She loves crafts - she sews, crochets, makes bookmarks using her dried flowers.

She is busy making blankets to be donated to dialysis patients. She currently has a parrot named Star that she loves to care for! She attends 4-6 hours of classes at Cathedral Village and describes herself as life long student of life! My fondest memory was spending the day with her to watch the inauguration of Barack Obama! Imagine how many Presidents she has lived to experience!

She is the oldest resident at Cathedral Village and is busy planning her party to celebrate 108 "glorious" years of life!

We are helping Eula celebrate by sending her our cards this week.

Here is Eula's address:

Mrs. Eula Cousins
Cathedral Village
600 E. Cathedral Road
Philadelphia, PA 19128

Thank you everyone!!

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-02-2010 at 09:38 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #122  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT110 ~ TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #110

This week's destination is Madison, Mississippi. We are sending our beautiful butterfly and flower cards to Jackie (m&m'sgrandma) who has recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She has begun her chemo treatments and could use a little pick me up from her fellow SCSer's.

Some of you may know Jackie as she is very active in the Splitcoast challenges. She was brought to my attention by Dawn (flowergal36) when Dawn saw a thread started by Jackie's daughter, Trina (mnfroggie). For more information, here is Trina's original thread in the Need a Lift Forum.

The following is Jackie's address:

Jackie Kuriger
299 Lisa Circle
Madison, Mississippi 39110

Thank you once again!

UPDATE: Sadly, Jackie has passed on. Please do no send any more cards to her address. Thank you.

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-29-2011 at 03:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #123  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Didn't make it to the party last week but did get a card in the mail to Miss Eula...I sent the colorful one I made for MMTPT93 from our adventure in the Batcave...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #124  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KsnurseView Post
Didn't make it to the party last week but did get a card in the mail to Miss Eula...I sent the colorful one I made for MMTPT93 from our adventure in the Batcave...
Awesome Sheri! I remember that challenge! We brought beautiful flowers to the BatCave! Whoo Hoo! Eula will love it! You go girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #125  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT111 - TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION!

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #111

This week's destination is Raleigh, North Carolina! We are sending our cards to Rachel, a very dear friend of Linda (zgirlsgranny) who just recently was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Linda has known Rachel for 45 years! They worked with each other at one point and now live in the same neighborhood. Linda makes an effort to support her friend at this difficult time by calling or visiting her every day as she is within walking distance of Rachel's home. Rachel has a great attitude, a very strong faith, a wonderful sense of humor and a love of dogs!

In Linda's own words:

"Rachel is a wonderful spirit. She LOVES dogs! She is so well known throughout the community because as she walked her own dog Brodie, she always took treats along with her and fed the other dogs in the neighborhood along the way. Unfortunately, she has had to give up her dog because she is no longer able to care for him. She also loves the kids in the neighborhood and kept many of them when their parents had plans."

Linda just knows Rachel would welcome hand made cards from a loving group of tea potters, doggie style!!

Here is her address:

Rachel Layne
1821 Reaves Drive
Raleigh, NC 27608

Thank you once again!

UPDATE: Sadly, Rachel has passed on. Please do no send any more cards to her address. Thank you.

Last edited by Mothermark; 03-29-2011 at 04:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #126  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I hope it's ok to send the cards a little bit late :O I just today mailed off my last one.

Anyway, assuming that a card is ok any time , I will send one to Rachel.

Thanks for bringing these RAK opportunities to our attention.

Blessings,

Lela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #127  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Lela! I am getting to really like *meeting* you in this thread from time to time! Absolutely, its okay! I honestly don't think it is EVER too late to send a card to brighten someon's day! I appreciate you doing that so much!

I know Rachel would LOVE one from you! Woot!

Whisper....You are welcome and THANK YOU!!!

PS...guess what song is gonna be in my head the rest of the day...

Layla, you've got me on your knees...Layla
You know Eric Clapton!

Tee hee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #128  

Hi Mothermark. Glad to connect with you!

Layla.... I used to be a cocktail waitress and my customers sang that song ALL the time. Thanks for the fun memory! THAT was many moons ago

My mom and my aunt were twins - Jean Lela and Joan Lola. I got "Lela" out of the deal!

Blessings, Lela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #129  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Ha Ha! I bet you got sung to in the bar! Giggle! I really do like that song.....its not so bad having it associated with you...its a lovely song! You could be named Tim and people would always be singing, Tiptoe Through the Tulips! Yikes! Snort!

Jean Lela and Joan Lola! What a mouthful..... Just think you coulda been Jeano or Jola! Yep, I think you got a great name outa the deal! Tee hee!

When I was born my parents wanted a boy badly! I was their third girl! My name was gonna be Jeffrey Clay and they sadly settled for Cynthia Sue when I didn't have the right body parts! Snort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #130  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Whoo Hoo!
Look at me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #131  

ohmygoodness, how fun is this!!!!!!!!!! (secret - my christmas card has a dog on a SNOWMOBILE!) i will save one for a special RAK on this list and maybe bring a smile. my cards are trying to emulate this motion, but i can't quite emulate this. SUPER FUN!!!!

blessings and happy weekend,

Lela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Last edited by foxy67; 09-17-2010 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #133  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default TEAPOT TUESDAY #112 DESTINATION STATION!

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #112

This week's destination is Live Oak, California! It's a surprise house warming teaparty! Teapot Tuesday Style!!

We are bringing joy to a fellow SCSer (BertLady!) to reward her for the joy she has brought many with her numerous, enthusiastic, encouraging, and fun comments! 42,000 teapotters showing up at her NEW house for a surprise house warming teaparty will give make her smile!! Bertie has not been as active recently due to her recent move but as soon as she gets settled in, you can bet she will be back at it!

TWO THUMBS UP!!!

And while we are there, we might as well party with her two felines whose names by the way are:

1. Tsuki Be (which means June Boy in japanese)aka Mr. Muscleman!
2. Wooooh Wooooh, which is short for Little Old Soul Mr. Gusty Wooooh!

And be prepared, they will be dressed up for the teaparty, they are both Tuxedo cats!

Here is BertLady's address:

Bertie L. Hilgert
9799 Savoy Way
Live Oak, Ca 95953-9442

Thank you once again!!!

Click here for the challenge that corresponds to this Destination Station.

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-20-2010 at 05:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #134  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default Mission Accomplished!

Hi Teapotters:

Just wanted to share this with all of you. Its an email message that Lorraine (pidgesmom) got from her friend Jackie who is the friend of Eula Cousins, the 108 year old that we all sent birthday cards to. I have also attached a picture of her and her cards here....don't be alarmed like I was if you don't see your card.....as a bunch of the cards are scattered around her room! I about went blind looking for mine! Snort!

Lorraine! Thank You! Thank you so much for bringing this destination to our attention! It was such a great one!!!

Here it goes:

Hi Lorraine!
Mrs. Cousins had a big party yesterday and gave me a message to share with the wonderful people who sent the cards! here goes:

Dear Stampers!
What a wonderful birthday present... I could not imagine that I would ever receive cards so beautiful and from EVERYWHERE! Each one was a treasure to hold in my hand. This birthday was so much fun for me and I found myself anticipating the mail each day after the first batch of cards arrived. I have shared them with all of my friends here at Cathedral Village and all of the visitors I have had. No one can believe that people I never met would be so kind to recognize me in this way. I have been asked to come to the men's group to share the story.. of course everyone here wonders what a blog is! My friend Jackie did her best to explain it to me. I am very interested in the Internet. People explain it all to me and it is a wonderful thing to be able to have access to so much information so quickly! I am thinking of adding computers to the classes that I take each month!

So.. I will answer the question for you that everyone asks a person of my age... what keeps me so alive and vital?? The answer is simple... LOVE! I LOVE people, I LOVE to learn and I am curious about everything! I eat well, I sleep, I read 2-3 books a month, I crochet lap blankets to be donated to people undergoing dialysis. I make bookmarks. I take care of my bird, Star! Each day for me is an adventure and a day to be treasured. My nephew and I recently had to make a decision about renewing my passport! It was no easy decision.. Finally.. reluctantly I told him that maybe my international travel days are over... we then made the decision to go to the local DMV to get a photo ID! Funny thing is that the computers only registered a birthday of 1906 and of course mine is 1902. It through a glitch in the process and we were there ALL day! They kept asking me ...are you sure you were born in 1902??? What an adventure!

So.. stampers.. that is a little about me. Keep up the good work.. you are a very talented bunch! If you are every in Philadelphia.. please drop by and visit. To the woman who shared about her life on the organic farm... I LOVED reading all about you and would love to KNOW more!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! And one more thing.. If you are wondering about my philosophy about death... read the poem Thanatopsis... the last verse explains it well!

Eula Cousins
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-mrs.-cousins.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #135  
THE Queen Nut Extraordinaire

Default This is so cool Cindy

Just read Eula's reply to us and about her adventures! What a pretty and precious soul indeed. Thank you for giving us an update! Hugs to you my precious Stinker!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #136  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #113

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #113

This week's destination is Caregivers of Alzheimer Patients. We are joining forces this week with Carolyn King's Heart to Heart Annual Card Drive in recognizing these special individuals who day in and day out care for people who so sadly struggle with this terrible disease! Whether they are doing it at home on their own with a beloved family member or in a facility as a career, its a difficult and thankless job. It requires patience, compassion, sacrifice and a boat-load of energy!

Carolyn King started this annual event to honor and celebrate her Grandmother Mamo's life. She passed away in 2008 due to complications of her Alzheimers. You can get more information here. Because there are Alzheimer Caregivers virtually everywhere in the world you have many options in the destination of your card.

Option #1:

If a member of your family or someone in your circle of friends suffers from Alzheimers please feel free to send your handmade card to their caregiver

Option #2: Destination provided by Tina (aka GardenDiva)

One of Tina's dear friends (Sherry) lost her husband (Wendell) to Alzheimers just a year ago. He was in a wonderful facility in Columbus, Ohio that deals only with Alzheimers patients. They treat their patients with dignity, love and respect. The caregivers are amazing. Sherry and the facility were very touched by this gesture of honoring its caregivers with handmade cards.

Columbus Alzheimers Care Center
700 Jasonway Ave.
Columbus, Oh 43214-2458

Thank you Tina!

Option #3: Destination provided by CarrollAnn (aka Mrs. Boz)

CarrollAnn's own 95 year old mother suffers from Alzeimers. Although CarrollAnn cares for her mother in her own home, from time to time she has needed outside help. She has a wonderful facility that she uses in Sparks, Nevada. CarrollAnn says she hopes they get lots of cards. They plan to accumulate them until they stop receiving them and then they will be distributed to the caregivers! They think its a wonderful idea and appreciate our efforts!

Arbors Memory Care
2121 EAST Prater Way (make sure it says EAST)
Sparks, NV 89434

Thank you CarrollAnn!

Special Instructions:

When sending your cards to a facility, because we don't know how they will be using them, please write your message on a separate piece of paper (i.e. sticky note) inside. Just a simple thank you for what you do on behalf of Alzheimers Patients, you know what to do! That way the cards can be distributed any way the facility wishes and as an added bonus, the caregiver receiving it can re-use your card if they so choose

Thank you all!

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-28-2010 at 02:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #137  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT114 ~ DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #114
(See very important special instructions below please!)

This week's destination is Afghanistan. We are sending our cards to a fellow SCSer/Teapotter's son who recently began his deployment there. Lisa Lara's 20 year old son Kyler, signed up for the Marines when he was still in High School. As a matter of fact, he will be celebrating his 21st birthday during his deployment to Afghanistan. We are sending our cards to thank him, encourage him, keep him company, and wish him well during his time in a place very far from home.

Kyler loves computers and is a Tactical Network Software Specialist in the Marines!! There is nothing we are gonna be able to teach Kyler when it comes to computers (he's the type that builds his own! Yikes!) but we can brighten his day by sending our *computer* related cards his way. Just to give you a little feel for the kinda kid Kyler is, I asked Lisa to share a little bit about her son:

Kyler left for Afghanistan in August and is to return in March unless his deployment gets extended. He has been in the Marines for two years now. Going to his graduation from boot camp was one of the most profound experiences of my life. It was an incredible surprise. I did not to expect to feel such reverence on the base watching those young men. It changed my perspective on Kyler's noble choice to serve his country and sacrifice his life if need be. Kyler has always enjoyed reading books, playing video games and now the love of his life is his computer that he built himself and had to leave behind. Hear the violin playing? He is a very kind respectful young man with a good heart.

A cute little story about Kyler sums up his personality. When he was not even two yet, we were at McDonalds and he was playing on the toys outside. He yelled to his dad saying ,"See ,I am masticating my food." The look on other parents' faces was priceless. That is our Kyler. He has always been older than he is. I miss him very much and pray for his safety and the safety of all those serving our country. I know there is a higher power. Kyler's time to return home to God is out of my hands. I am thankful for each day I have with him. Thank you Cindy and all you fellow teapartiers that choose to send him a card. That means so very much....thank you.

Here is Kyler's address:

LCPL LARA, KYLER J
RCT-2 S6 GLT
UNIT 73910
FPO AE 09510-3910

Special Instructions:

(Very Important!)

NO GLITTER ON YOUR CARDS PLEASE!!!

Glitter gets on soldiers clothes and makes them visible night. A very bad thing! So please no glitter on Kyler's cards or for that matter, no glitter on any card you are might be sending to a soldier!

Thank you all!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #138  
Crimping Master

Hi Cindy,
I was talking to my mother tonight and was telling her about sending these cards off to this wonderful soldier and she wanted to know if she could give the address to the veterans at the Southeastern Wisconsin Veterans Affairs home she works at, as they would like to send this young man cards as well as anyone else in his unit. that would like to receive a card from a veteran. Please find out from Lisa if it is ok to give the address out to these men and women.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #139  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Renee!

Oh wow! How nice! I will run it by Lisa and have her respond here or pm you! What a thoughtful thing....how nice of your Mom! I wish I would have seen this earlier! Duh, I should be more on top of it! Hugs to Jacob!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #140  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandmadebymeView Post
Hi Cindy,
I was talking to my mother tonight and was telling her about sending these cards off to this wonderful soldier and she wanted to know if she could give the address to the veterans at the Southeastern Wisconsin Veterans Affairs home she works at, as they would like to send this young man cards as well as anyone else in his unit. that would like to receive a card from a veteran. Please find out from Lisa if it is ok to give the address out to these men and women.
Oh how very nice....I am honored that you would like to share his address with Veterans. That would be wonderful. Share away. Just know his tour ends in March (as of yet) And this address might change close to the end of his tour. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brings tears to my eyes of such kindness.
Lisa (on proud Mommy)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #141  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT115 ~ DESTINATION STATION

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #115

This week's destination is Birchwood, Wisconsin. We are sending our cards to Jacob, the 5 year old grandson of Renee, a fellow SCSer (handmadebyme). Jacob recently had tonsil surgery and the doctors found a cancerous growth on the tonsil. As his plans for treatment progressed unfortunately they discovered his cancer was more advanced than originally thought and the cancer had spread to both his kidneys and liver. The good news is his bone marrow test came back clear!

Jacob has begun his chemo treatment and currently has a two week break. He will be able to leave the children's hospital and have treatment in an outpatient situation much closer to his home through December!

Here is Jacob's Address:

Jacob Jensen
W276 County Road DD
Birchwood, WI 54817

Let's bring our Halloween Party to Jacob, a little boy who is dealing with chemo treatments right now instead of planning what costume he wants to wear on Halloween!

I have attached a picture of him here with his parents (that's a big fish!) As you can see, he is in a skeery skeleton shirt and Renee says he loves skeery stuff!

Thank you all once again!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-jacob-big-fish-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-11-2010 at 06:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #142  

I have the perfect embellished tag right here, with Jacob's name on it. It's a purple and black and green and orange tag with a skull and lots of texture and scarey ribbon. I am mailing it in tomorrow's post. Sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a while. Thanks for your weekly care. Blessings, Lela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #143  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Lela! No worries! Sometimes life just gets in the way huh! How wonderful that you have the perfect little tag for Jacob! You said skull? Whoo Hoo! That's whut I'm talkn' bout! Thanks for all you do......I love that you check in here from time to time and share your cards with those that need a little pick me up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #144  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #116

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #116

This week's destination is Hobe Sound, Florida! We will bringing Disney World to Lynette Watson. Now you might think Lynette is a little kid as she loves Disney World, but she's a grown woman who loves children and Disney World, and preferaby together!

Lynette has struggled terribly with cancer and was recently hospitalized. She started out with cancer of her hand, then of her colon, and now her lungs. Oh, and did I tell you she cares for her husband who has Parkinson's Disease and she works! She is the medical receptionist at the doctor's office where Charlene (cookiebaker) goes in Florida. Now be on your best behavior cuz we are visiting Lynette at the Doctor's office and even though we have been invited for tea, we can't get too rowdy, there's patients that need to be seen!

Here is Lynette's Caring Bridge site. She loves kids and serves/works with the youth at her church. Before this recent hospitalization, she went a youth group to Night of Joy at Disney World. She loves all things Disney! She is always cheerful and concerned always concerned about else.

Her address the address at her office.

Lynette Watson
c/o A Cornerstone Family Practice
11786 SE Federal Hwy
Hobe Sound, FL 33455

Thanks again everone!

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-18-2010 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #145  

Cindy and gang...thanks so much for showing Lynette some card love. You all are soooo creative and caring...I see ladies are still sending cards to Andrew as well. Thank you soooo much!!

I just made some chocolate chip cookies...so it's tea and cookies for everyone!! Actually, I'm going to deliver them to Lynette in person along with her card. You all rock!
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2010, 04:51 AM   #146  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hey no fair Charlene! You are right there and can take REAL cookies! Giggle! Good for you, what a wonderful and thoughtful thing! I hope that she gets lots of cards......and along those lines.....just a quick note:

If you all were not able to participate because you didn't have Disney stamps, please feel free to send a card in your stash! I know she would be tickled with receiving cards other than the Disney cards......

Thanks again to you all for your week after week kindness!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #147  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT117 DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #117

This week's destination is Eaton Rapids, Michigan! We will sending our challenge cards to Jess, the 24 year old step-son of Charlene (Lilluvsstampin) who was recently viciously attacked by a dog that belongs to the family of one of his friends. It was a Presa Canario which unfortunately is one of those very dangerous breeds.

Jess had extensive wounds and has to be seen by a plastic surgeon. He has had three appointments so far. The plastic surgeon says that Jess is healing well from the dog bites but he wants to wait on doing plastic surgery until the wound has more time to heal so he doesn't have to take as much skin from other parts of Jess's body. Jess still doesn't have any feeling in the area around his eye where he was bitten. The doctor said that it could take up a year for the feeling to return.

He is doing good psychologically by the disfigurement around his eye. Charlene says he even kinda jokes about how dashing it makes him look. I am thinking, with him being a typical 24 year old male, that he might be thinking, hey this deal might make me be a chick magnet! Snort!

Here is his address!

Jess Merrick
8830 Island Hwy.
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827

Thank you once again! You all just rock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #148  

Ok, nonDisney off to Lynette. And I am not sure what to send a 24yo male. I'll see what I can do. Blessings, Lela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #149  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Lela! Oooh...cool! Thanks so much girlfriend! Good to see you here!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:34 AM   #150  

Well, I was picturing a much younger dude so will have to rethink the Pixar Cars card I was going to do....or maybe it will be good for a laugh....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #151  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT118 ~ DESTINATION STATION

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #118

This week's destination is Grand Junction, Colorado. We will be sending our challenge cards to Mr. and Mrs. Roy Cotton, the parents of fellow SCSer/Teapotter, Traci (Tracim). Traci's mom (Joyce) is confined to a wheel chair as a result of her battle with MS. Traci's father (Roy) is her caregiver and recently had knee replacement surgery! While he recovers from his surgery and accomplishes his physical therapy, they will be staying at a local nursing home so they can both be cared for. We are sending our cards to the nursing home to make their stay a little more cheerful.

Traci spent time with them in Grand Junction when her father had his surgery. She is back home now and is thrilled that her parents will be receiving some happy mail, some hand made cards to cheer them up and give them something to look forward to each day during their stay. Joyce looks at this as her chance to take care of her caregiver in his time of need despite her own struggles with MS. Sharing our cards with him each day will give her a special way to cheer him up.

Please address your cards and words of encouragement to both Mr. and Mrs. Cotton. Here is the address where they are staying thoughout Mr. Cotton's recovery.

Mr. and Mrs. Roy Cotton
C/O Mantey Heights Rehab and Care Center
2825 Patterson Road
Grand Junction, CO 81506

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #152  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT119 ~ DESTINATION STATION

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #119

This week's destination is not really The Amazon! Whew! It's the Lighthouse Hospice in Austin, Texas. We will be providing Bonnie Connor, the Chaplain there, a supply of beautiful handmade cards to give to their Hospice patients to brighten their day as well as to lift the spirits of family members who are overwhelmed by caring for their loved ones! Lydia Fielder, our SCS Community Manager aka (understandblue) met Bonnie at a shoebox swap, told her about our teaparties and thought we might like to share our wonderful cards with Bonnie's patients and patient's families.

Your card should be left blank and if you have an envelope it would be helpful to send it along with the card. They should be addressed to Chaplain Bonnie Connor and mailed to this address:

Chaplain Bonnie Connor
Lighthouse Hospice
8701 N. Mopac #420
Austin, TX 78759

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #153  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION #120

This week's destination is Lynn, Massachusetts! We will be sending our challenge cards to the mother of fellow Splitcoaster/Teapotter, Anne Harmon (jdmommy). Anne's mom (Evelyn) is an avid stamper, a general crazy person and will be 88 years old on November 27th. She lives alone in her own home and makes cards for everyone! She loves to get them but most of her friends have passed away so she doesn't get many coming back at her in the mail. Well, we are about to change that this year with Evelyn's home in Massachusetts being the Destination Station this week!

Now in case you didn't realize, our stops along Route 88 had to do with some of Evelyn's favorites things! She's a BIG fan of the RED Sox (Anne probably MADE her pick a RED team!), she loves crocheting baby blankets, she loves to garden and grows gorgeous irises, she loves to make cards, she adores her 7 great grandchildren, and she still drives her dark green Cadillac! Whoo hoo!

That's alotta love-to-dos and at 88 years of age, that is a wonderful thing! We are having a surprise 88th birthday teaparty for Evelyn in Lynn, Massachusetts girls! And we are hitch-hiking to get there!

Here's the teaparty location. Shhh! Its a surprise!

Evelyn Fredrickson
20 Edgemere Rd.
Lynn MA 01904

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-15-2010 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #154  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to crazykim

I really don't know where to post a HUGE THANK YOU so that everyone will see -- my Mum said that the postie must have been weighed down this morning as there were 16 cards in her mail box today -- thank you all so much -- she was not having a good day today so the cards really gave her a smile -- I am sorry I don't know who they have all come from yet but I will post as soon as I know. She was not feeling well enough to read them all out to me but she said that they were all amazing and she just felt so special. Thank you thank you thank you -- to all who have sent cards and prayers to my Mum -- and a very special thank you for the card that also came for my Dad. He sure do appreciate that -- he is working so hard at the moment doing everything. I have quit my job and finish on the 26th Nov -- I will be going over to help him out as soon as work is over. Hugs to you all Kim xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #155  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to crazykim

Cindy -- I love that DS isn't always about the sick but also about celebrating another year on this wonderful Earth we live on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #156  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT121 ~ Destination Station

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #121:

This week's destination is London, Ohio! Our cards will be sent to Brenda who not only needs a little support and cheering up, but we are going to surprise her by throwing a week long teaparty for her birthday which is December 11th! Brenda is battling cancer, just recently had a mini-stroke, is a severe diabetic and 10 years ago had a double masectomy.

Brenda is a good friend of Tina (GardenDiva). Brenda and Tina host several teaparties in Dolly's Tea Parlor which is a wonderfully restored victorian house that was built in 1842 and was originally owned by Dolly Wilson. Brenda is the hostess giving tours of the house and speaking to its history, Tina is in charge of the food and menus including make menu cards and Tina's girls are the servers. Due to Brenda's illness, these teaparties have been far and few between this year. Our Teapot Tuesday teaparty this week will take the place of Brenda and Tina's Christmas teaparty as well as Brenda's birthday party this year.

I have attached some pictures of the house, some of Tina's yummy treats and of the "crew", Tina's daughters, Tina and Brenda. I thought you would like to see where we are going this week for our teaparty! Dolly's Tea Parlor is a wonderful place to host teaparties, its a happy place! Brenda's favorite teapot is Old Country Rose in the colors of the little girl's dresses in the picture.

Here is Brenda's Address:

Brenda Howard
275 W. High St.
London, Ohio 43140

Thank you all so much! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-dollys-tea-parlor.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-cast-crew-.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-tinas-treats.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:49 AM   #157  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default A Message from Anne (jdmommy)

Mission Accomplished! Here is a nice little message from Anne about the burfday cards we sent her mom!

In her own words: (picture attached!)

Here's a picture of Mom taken in my kitchen with the cards that arrived as of 11/22. She will forward to me the names of those who send cards that reach her after Thanksgiving, but we wanted to post what has come in, and thank everyone. What FAB friends Teapotters are!!

Hugs,
Anne

Thank you Teapotters...You rock!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-evelyn-her-cards.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #158  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT122 ~ DESTINATION STATION #122

PLEASE SEE POST #159, BELOW THIS ONE!!!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #122:

This week's destination is San Antonio, Texas! Okay people, I have about had it with this cancer business! If we could (in real life) do something to put an end to this terrible part of life, don't ya know we would all do it in a heart beat!

Our cards will be send to Linda T. who by the way is a cat lover. Linda is battling cancer. During the course of Linda's chemo treatments, her mother who was helping take care of Linda and her family and her biggest cheerleader suddenly passed away. During her chemo treatments she was also dealing with the tasks associated with settling her mother's estate since she is an only child.

In October, Linda finished her chemo and apart from hair loss and being tired she did amazingly well. Then, two days later, she passed out at home, was taken to the hospital by EMS with extremely high blood counts. She was in the hospital for four weeks and is now in a skilled nursing facility. She is in need of additional cancer treatment, but her immediate health need is to gain enough strength to be able to return home. Linda homeschools her only child, now a teenager, and she is determined to live a long healthy life for her family.

Lori Garrison (Chef Mama) a fellow teapotter and SCSer is a close friend of Linda's and will hand deliver our cards to Linda in the nursing facility. Please send them to Linda in care of Lori at the address below:

Linda T.
C/O Lori Garrison
4606 Purlane
San Antonio TX 78247

Thank you from me and thank you from Lori!

UPDATE: Sadly, Linda has passed on. Please do not send any additional cards to Linda c/o Lori. Thank You!

Last edited by Mothermark; 03-29-2011 at 04:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #159  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

I am very sorry to say that Linda passed away yesterday morning. It was so soon, unexpected.........

Thank you for participating. If you would like to send a sympathy card, please address your card in the manner listed below, as the cards that have already been mailed on behalf of Linda will be opened by Lori, remade with a new card backing, and donated to a cancer center for other cancer patients in Linda's honor. Lori, I am so sorry you lost your friend!

The Tuscher Family
c/o Lori Garrison
4606 Purlane
San Antonio TX 78247

Last edited by Mothermark; 12-02-2010 at 03:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #160  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT123 ~ DESTINATION STATION

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #122:

This week's destination is a forest in Canada. Yep, told ya its a long way! We are sending our cards to Felicia who is the sister in law of a fellow SCSer/Teapotter. Felicia's husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March & passed away in June, leaving his wife a widow at the young age of 44 with 3 daughters.

Felicia is a nurse who works out of town, traveling 4 hours daily to get to work. There is also some on going family conflict among her siblings and she has been cut out of some family relationships at a time when she needs their support.

Guess what? The things that Delores likes are really what Felicia likes. This will be the first Christmas the girls will be without their husband/father. We're bringing some favorite things and Christmas cheer to put a little joy in their holiday.

This is the address to mail the cards to:

Felicia Dyck
c/o Vicki Dyck
46 Nichol Ave
Winnipeg, MB, R2M 1V9,
Canada

Thank you from me and thank you from Vicki!
Reply With Quote Likes