Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #561  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Here is my card for this latest challenge.
Enjoy the Birthday by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #562  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,001 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Well Ina, I haven't done my totals yet, but here is a card for your challenge. First card for December!
Prince of Peace . Thank you for your challenges every week. I always have good intentions, but....

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #563  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I updated my totals! I am stamping to spend it all on Su! salebration!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #564  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Sharon, I always have the best intentions too, but usually never get a sample card made! I will probably be spending my 'earned' money this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #565  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Have a good trip Ina and enjoy your shopping. I've been updating my totals but I think I may have fallen at the last hurdle, I just ordered a gelli plate and some paints, something I've been wanting for a while.
I see you have done really well Sharon.

I presume we carry our totals forward to next year ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #566  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Have a good trip Ina and enjoy your shopping. I've been updating my totals but I think I may have fallen at the last hurdle, I just ordered a gelli plate and some paints, something I've been wanting for a while.
I see you have done really well Sharon.

I presume we carry our totals forward to next year ?
I don't know! I forgot what we did last year!
I want a gelli plate, too. I ask my daughter for it for Christmas, but I think it is more than they usually spend. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #567  
Stazon Splitcoast

I composed a message this morning, but I am not used to using this tablet and lost it....got busy with the kids.
Last year some people who had nice positive amounts opted to carry them over, but I think all of us who were in the red, opted to start fresh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #568  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

That sounds like a plan Ina, I think I will start again, ha, ha,

Sharon you will have to drop hints to your DH if Santa doesn't bring you a gelli plate!,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 04:33 AM   #569  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S13WW Christmas card with a star

This week's challenge will be simple..........make a Christmas card, and for extra points, use a star somewhere on the card. I won't have a sample, as I don't have supplies with me in Texas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #570  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 667 Likes on 419 Posts

Okay I think this has been ( interesting and slightly stressful) to me to play along with this one this year, the totals are mind boggling. and I don't think I did much different this year than in say the year before. ( maybe made more things) but, I think I will be very happy for this year to end and that Signature line to go away. :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #571  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Stacy at least you end the year in the black. I stay that way until about March and it is all down hill from there. :rolleyes: About September I gave up tracking entirely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #572  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

the only reason I am in the black is because I "paid" my self for making cards and tags and the 3-d things... ( which I then turned around and sold most of them)
and so, that's kinda like being paid twice for them... and that means the whole thing is really an in the hole deal right? the other thought I have is I am glad I did this because, I was curious. and spending that much money did not "hurt" me or my family kwim? (this is my only vice) but, it still shocked and shamed me when I hit 4 figures a couple of months ago. ( I went into the buy one for me and buy one for Pansy mode for the swap) So, even though it is a larger number for spending then I generally see on other signature lines I guess all in all it could have been worse. ( probably would have if I had a much smaller stash then I do )

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #573  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

and I feel this HUGE compulsion to just order one of everything from Co.'s I have not ordered from most of this year... :mrgreen: I mostly turn the computer off when this happens and go play with my toys. but, at this time of the year when everythings frozen outside its harder because, there is more time to play online. and see all the new stuff.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #574  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a feeling if I hadn't given up on keeping track I woulding have hit the 4 figure mark too. It was shocking to start keeping track of how much I actually spend on craft stuff. Next year the BF has promised to spend more time working on my house than we were able to this year, so that will mean more $ needed for new windows, etc, and less available for crafting so I will really need to do a better job of using from the stash and not buying new. Doing this and the 100 in 100 challenge will be good for using the stash.

I also found Tiffany Spaulding's Organizatonal Challenge. I haven't worked my way through all of my paper yet, let alone everything else, but I have already been surprised at purging two computer paper boxes full and finding things I couldn't find when I wanted them or had forgotten I had bought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #575  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stacy, I hear you! I get compulsions to buy all the time, but that is just why I am in this challenge! I have such a large stash, and even though some of it is dated and passe there are ways to make things new again, especially with all the techniques ad tools we have now and with the mixed media craze going on now. In paying yourself twice for your cards, did you get more for your unique home crafted cards than they would go for in a specialty store? For example, they sell a small amount of photo cards and stamped cards at the photo shop in Toronto where my DD used to work and they went for $6.50 - $8.50 apiece.
Angie, remind me please, what is the 100 in 100 all about?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #576  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Ina nope, most of them sold where I live so the bulk of them are sold at about 4.00 each. ( there are things in my booth for .25 cents) and so nope the most expensive one that sold this year was 8.00

( I used to have people fight over my cards on ebay years ago and so maybe 3 1/2 ?? years ago or so I cut the prices then I cut them again...) I think because, this year I *almost* most sold out in the booth it could be things are turning around and prices could go up a little next year. ( cross your fingers) I think I am going to eliminate the .25 cents one layer gift cards and only do layered .50 cents and up things...

( they don't get paper envelopes from me in that price range either just a clear bag)

I meant I "paid" my self 1.00 per card and 3-d thing and .50 cents for all the tags... If I eliminate that from the equation I am way in the red haha.

I'm considering the 100 in 100 because, the trying to not shop for 3 months may go over easier then trying to be "conscience" all year. :mrgreen:

So I'm debating about placing some orders while we are still in this year so I can manage that in next year. ( which kinda defeats the purpose right?) lol

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #577  
Stazon Splitcoast

This week's challenge is a technique one. It is a faux dry embossing technique. I saw a couple of cards using this technique in the gallery, and this expands the possibilities for embossing patterns. Here is the tutorial Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials
No sample, as I just got home from 9 days in Texas. To my disappointment, it was quite cool there, but at least they did not have snow. We had a real dump here in the past couple of days. I lost my camera in Austin, so I will not be able to post a photo until I go out and get a new camera.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #578  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no Ina, so sorry to hear you lost your camera! Glad you are home safe, bet you had some wonderful family adventures in Texas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #579  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina the 100 in 100 is to make 100 cards in 100 days using only your stash. Pansy posted next year's thread already.

100 in 100
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #580  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina I'm sorry you lost your camera.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #581  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Hey y'all! I don't think I've checked in here since the summer. :oops: I finally tallied my numbers up last night and I am ever so slightly in the black. I will do this again next year for sure. And try to post more consistently! I'm also going to try the 100 in 100. I'd like to get my spending down more in 2014.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #582  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Ina, sorry about the camera and the cold snap while you were in Texas! The past two days in Houston we've had crazy frost in the morning and warm by the afternoon.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #583  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula, so glad you checked in. I'm really glad this forum helped you. I have looked at the 100 in 100 challenge, but I don't think it is for me. There is no way I can make 100 cards in 100 days. A hint for next year's challenges here will focus more on using our stash.
The weather in Austin didn't stop me from having a great time with my son and grandsons. Although it is a nice bonus when the weather is nice and warm. I can home in a snow storm on Saturday evening. The driving was pretty scary. Sunday, more snow, yesterday we had lovely sunshine and it would have been great to take photos, but I did go out and buy another camera ......a Nikon Coolpix 6500. It's very similar to the camera I lost. It's a great little point and shoot camera and fits in my purse/pocket. Today, it is snowing again. I thought it would be fun to include a couple of photos. First is of my driveway, second is of my back patio, with an old table and the chair I didn't get put away this fall.
Attached Thumbnails
S2S Challenge 2013-dscn0011.jpg   S2S Challenge 2013-dscn0013.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #584  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow - that's a lot of snow! Gorgeous. Several years back my DD and DGD gave ourselves a Christmas gift by spending the money on a 5 day trip to Toronto. We arrived Dec 15th and though we were assured there would not be snow yet, we wished for it anyway. The next morning when I looked out the hotel window I was delighted to see a nice covering of snow on the ground. Son-in-law was deployed to the Middle East and this was the perfect get-a-way for us. We took a bus tour to Niagara Falls. At the rest stop we 3 got out and played in the snow to the amazement of our fellow passengers. (That's Florida girls for you!) What a beautiful winter wonderland we enjoyed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #585  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ladies long time no talk, This year has just been crazy. Jeremy leaving me, moving from Toledo back in with my parents (yuck), then parents buying a house and moving, Getting into the Cleveland Clinic (practically living their part time) and jumping back into the dating world (wow writing it all out made it worse) but 2014 is going to be about me and getting my life back!! That means crafting, blogging and my health. Controlling the things I can and tying not to dwell on the things I can't. Do we have a 2014 thread started?
Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #586  
Stazon Splitcoast

Samantha, so glad to see you here again! I'm so sorry you've had such a tough and challenging year. Next year will be much better!
I have not started a 2014 thread yet. I will try to do that within the next couple of days and post a link here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #587  
Stazon Splitcoast

HI Samantha! Missed you on SCS!!! I saw on FB that you had moved but missed all of the rest some how. I so wish you a happy and healthy 2014!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #588  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Money Saver in the black

Just made it out of the red with the card I finished tonight! yippy - I can start the new year with a clear conscience. I'm not likely to do anymore cards or scrapbook layouts until the new year. I'm certainly going to have lots of photo opportunities after I go and bring my precious great grand daughter down here. I'm so excited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #589  
Stazon Splitcoast

Woo hoo! Hooray for Joyce Ann!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #590  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have started a new thread for the S2S 2014 challenges.
S2S Challenge 2014 by yellowrose46 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #591  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am unsubbing to this thread, so if there are any more comments, please go over to the 2014 one. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes