Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2024, 05:02 PM   #241  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

Glad that dumb like button is working again!

Melody those are definitely winter pictures. Very pretty!

Jean, I succumbed to buying a pack of gel pens recently. Couldn't help myself either, lol. But got them at Home Sense so at least cheaper. I think in the U.S. it is HomeGoods but ours in Canada is HomeSense.

Ha, we are always talking about food with our friends when we are over there visiting. Their daughter said "all you guys talk about is food" . Not true, but funny remark nonetheless. We all laughed. She has so many allergies etc. so probably bugged her that she can't eat a lot of what we were talking about.

We love the new All Creatures. We re watched all of the last season leading up to the new one starting last Sunday night. And love PBS too. Watched Van Der Valk on Masterpiece the other night. Season 1, episode 1. Had never seen it before. I think it is in Season 3 now? Just love seeing all the architecture in Amsterdam. Much the same as Belgium and I have so many warm fuzzies from having been to Belgium.
Lisa, what a great idea to gift your dh with the All Creatures series.

Jan, Happy Birthday to Steve. Hope that gift makes its way to your place soon.

Catherine, that was so nice to get a gift card for your playing. Going to treat yourself?

Ann, no worries- you have enough on your plate at the moment. Glad you could talk to your brother so soon after surgery. Sorry to hear about his surgery though.

And now the dumb like button is not working again!

Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-12-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 05:32 PM   #242  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Lisa, I'm assuming, since you mentioned VHS, that you bought the original series....or did you mean the new one? Just finished the newest season.
Shirl, I liked Vanderwalk. There is another Vanderwalk with Kenneth Branaugh.
That like button was listening to you, Shirl, and decided to mess with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 10:56 PM   #243  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Melody winter has really arrived!

we’ve watched the new series of all Creatures, we love that programme, we were quite sceptical about Sam West playing Siegfried, his parents are the famous Timothy West and Prunella Scales, both famous actors, Shakespeare etc, his Mum famous for Faulty Towers but I think he plays the part really well. he used to turn up on a programme his parents made about Canal Boat trips.
we watch a vets programme and they made a visit to the show while it was being filmed and the characters also chatted to the vets, Mrs Hall the housekeeper is a lot younger than iI imagined, very attractive too, funny when you see them in real life as young modern people.

We had a meal on the seafront to celebrate the Birthday boy, just as we were eating I had a ping from the Post office to say we had a parcel, turns out they had the parcel after all! DIL said never again haha what a fiasco, she’d enlisted a spanish work colleague to write something to send to Amazon telling them they should put on their site that the Spanish PO don’t accept parcels! All well that ends well as they say.

Jean I hope your family arrive safe!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-13-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 05:10 AM   #244  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,868 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkanackView Post
Lisa, I'm assuming, since you mentioned VHS, that you bought the original series....or did you mean the new one? Just finished the newest season.
Shirl, I liked Vanderwalk. There is another Vanderwalk with Kenneth Branaugh.
That like button was listening to you, Shirl, and decided to mess with you.
We bought the original one in a DVD format. I didn't know there was a new one. So, I looked on Amazon and see this new series you are talking about. I might need that one now!
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 01-13-2024, 05:34 AM   #245  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lisa, if you're a member of PBS, you could stream it. The newest season is the fourth one. I can stream it on my Firestick.
Jan, I hear you about Samuel West. I've seen him in lots of shows. I didn't know who his parents were, never watched Fawlty Towers. How do you watch television in a Spanish speaking country? Lots of streaming? The actress who plays Mrs. Hall has also been in a fair amount of shows. She played Lucy Steele in a 2007 BBC broadcast of Sense and Sensibility. Her hairdo in All Creatures is quite amazing. I like it better when it's looser.
No family coming here today. Not worth the effort. My former county in SE WI is in a state of emergency, many people without power for over 15 hours or more. Stores and library closed. Scott and Liz will be here soon to shovel me out. They never came yesterday, which surprised me a bit but it was blowing so much, would have to start from scratch today. Interestingly, I'm not hearing snowblowers. I don't think many people here have one. Now that I'm typing this, I hear one in the distance. My house would not be easy to snowblow. Front walk would be easy but there are steps, houses close together so you'd be throwing snow on other yards.
21 degrees here, windchill below zero. Winter has finally arrived. We had an elongated autumn.
Just discovered the snowblower is a small one, the guy is trying to dig out his car. Very hard going. I'm so glad that I don't need to park on the street and move my car from side to side. Wisconsinites are hardy folk.

Last edited by jkanack; 01-13-2024 at 05:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 01-13-2024, 05:43 AM   #246  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, I see we can subscribe for $5.99 a month. We usually do not enact subscriptions as my husband does not like creative the revenue stream. We have done this before, though, for a few things. We can purchase the first three season's for under $40, which is a good price. That way it can be watched many times over and not be online. He sometimes has DVD's playing during his work. Often his work is quite boring for him, so having a DVD going or music makes it less boring. I never thought a system's programmer or whatever his title is these days, would be boring, but he only really gets work when something is not working correctly with the computer system and if he is doing the work, it never breaks.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2024, 11:09 AM   #247  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jean we have Tv via the Internet, I’m not sure how it works but a company provide a package, we get all English TV,films,VOD etc,we did have a satellite dish on the roof, two metres across but the footprint kept moving further away so the programmes kept breaking up, less and less could be picked up so we had them link us up to cable internet so we could have the Tv package.

Sam Wests Mum has Dementia,she’s really bad now,they had to stop making the canal boat programme as she kept forgetting what she was doing and I think it became dangerous, his Dad takes care of her and they dote on each other, funny but she can still repeat Shakespeare but can’t remember what she did five minutes ago, very sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jkanack (01-13-2024), JRHolbrook (01-13-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 04:54 AM   #248  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Good frosty morning to all my Alpha sisters! -5 f and we will have a high of +5 today. Wow! We will have to dress warm this morning for church! I am thinking my Cuddleduds long Johns under my clothes! At least it is not snowing although there is still snow on the ground from before.

I hope you are all well and warm this morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 06:22 AM   #249  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Our internet went out Friday evening and is still not working, so I’m on my phone, but I don’t like having to do it this way. We got several more inches of snow after those pictures. DH waited until it was mostly done snowing before going out to clear the driveway. The plow had been through and the bottom was pretty deep and heavy. A couple of neighbors helped get the bottom cleared, which was very nice. He cleared the rest, but went out again this morning, because we’d gotten another inch overnight. Hopefully the internet will be back up soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 06:31 AM   #250  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Melody, you are getting a lot of snow! Those photos were beautiful, too. Pretty, but not fun to shovel. Hope you get your internet back soon. Here if our power goes out we loose everything, phones, tv, internet. If we loose our internet, we loose tv, and phone, also. It is all tied together. Don’t like it that way, but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 06:33 AM   #251  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,917 Likes on 2,185 Posts

We had a snow squall alert on our phones this morning. It's not terribly cold, but cold enough. The squall came through but didn't last. I went up and gathered limbs and twigs. We bought another snow shovel yesterday. My bff had to call the ambulance for her dad last night. His dementia is getting worse. They are keeping him for a couple days at the hospital, but he was yelling at the staff and trying to pull his IV out. She has it much more difficult than we had with my dad. First, we still had mom to help. Her mom passed in 2022. Second, my dad was not nasty.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024), smadson (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 07:19 AM   #252  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Brrrrrrrr....shivery here. Minus 6, feels like minus 25. Took a long time to clear snow. LaCrosse definitely has snow issues. There are few places to put snow. Small lots, lots of street parking, alleys, houses close together. I saw many cars snowed in on the street. Not many snowblowers here. Hard to throw the snow anywhere. I have three parking spaces in the back, now down to one. So grateful to not have to park on the street. Too much in one week.
Melody, I don't see pictures....are they on this thread or somewhere else?
Kids had a snow day on Friday, no school tomorrow....I'll be with them for part of the day tomorrow. They are pretty independent.
In my home town, there are people who have had no power for several days, don't have generators. I think my former street is ok but it seems quite spotty. Friend Diane has power, across the street does not. I remember a few times when there were terrible ice storms, no power.
Kathy, I'm sorry for your friend. I'll be always grateful that my Mom was always pleasant, happy, content. If my Dad had been alive when she was diagnosed, I don't think he would have been much help. He wouldn't have known how to deal with it and would have been very impatient with her. Not good.
Just found out that the nephew of a good friend died from alcoholism. He had been in hospice for a short while. He was about 50. I don't understand how my ex husband has lived so long.
Lori, I was glad to inform you of the new ACGAS. I don't have the space to store dvds. I have two boxes of those and cds in the basement, no place to put them. So streaming works well for me.
Have a cozy day today. I'm invited over to Liz's for the Packer game, not sure I'll go. I just want to stay home.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024), smadson (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 10:06 AM   #253  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, the photos are in post #240.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 10:29 AM   #254  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Guess I didn't go far enough back. Thanks, Sharon.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 10:31 AM   #255  
Proud Fan Club Member

https://youtube.com/shorts/jlvzRtaRg...txoOVhQxymhPy5
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 10:53 AM   #256  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Good morning! (Still morning here for another half hour or so.) Yesterday it rained all day long and it is still drizzly outside and so pretty. Our cold snap seems to be over for now at least.

DD2 decided on Friday that she wanted to chop her hair off. For a number of years, she has had long hair with the sides shaved though she has so much hair that when her middle part was down, you wouldn't know the sides were shaved. She is ready to not have the shaved sides any longer and had planned to cut the long part more like in May when it is warmer. Well, she decided she didn't want to wait any longer and chopped it herself Friday with a little help from me on the back. She looks so cute!

She also talked with our friends who are going to take her along on their trip to Florida to swim with dolphins. Their next trip is in June but that is too close to the next VBS so she will go with them in November of this year. That gives her more time to save for the trip too though she probably already has enough saved. She is so excited about this trip - I am too!

Jean, I could give you a website for Joe and Leah that has wonderful vegan recipes it is rainbowplantlife.com. I actually bought her instant pot cookbook and it helped me get over my fear of the instant pot too.

Melody, your snow looks so beautiful! I'm glad you have good neighbors who helped with clearing the bottom part of your drive. That said, I'm quite thankful that the snow out here is staying higher up in the mountains. Sadly, there have been a couple of avalanches up at Tahoe the last couple of days. The first one had a fatality.

Shirl, I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with my gift card. I also have a reward voucher or two to use....decisions, decisions! I will probably have to go to a different Michaels than DD2's though as their paper crafting section is almost non-existent.

Jan, I'm glad Steve was able to get his birthday package after all!

Brrrr to some of the temperatures some of you are dealing with!

Sharon, I hope you kept warm enough at church this morning. Cuddleduds sounds like a great idea. Do you have the thin ones or the fleecy ones? I keep thinking I should get some. The girls both have them but they wanted the fleecy kind.

Sharon, when we still lived in town our service provider offered to provide phone/internet/tv and I said no thank you to that idea as friends of ours had that and told us that when the service was out, they had to borrow a neighbor's phone to even report the outage!

Kathy, I'm sorry for the challenges your bff is having with her father. It is so hard with parents in that stage of life.

Jean, sorry to read about those without power without a back up generator. That was us our first season up here but then we acquired a generator, fortunately. At least for us, if we are without power, we still have heat due to the woodstove.

Love the adorable animals video, Kathy, so cute!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 08:10 PM   #257  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

Just popping in to say hello; hope everyone is staying warm! We are in minus digits weather so staying in is the mood of the day!

I think Jean commented on my E card if I like the BetterPress LetterPress system.....Yes, I really like it! I have several plates and have my eye on several more. I love the crisp image you get with the system and it's easy to use!

I'm enjoying all the cards and locations everyone comes up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Vickie Y:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 09:18 PM   #258  
Stazon Splitcoast

We would lose TV and WIFI if we lose power but our phones now would switch to data as we've started paying for a package that gives us data and international and local calls.
we only have a log fire for heating anyway, well air con in the bedrooms for hot and cold but we never use the heat settings. We wouldn’t be able to cook as we are all electric, inEngland we did have a gas hob which came in handy for power cuts and a gas fire!

Our son is well prepared for power cuts, generator and all sorts of charging equipment , he’s a bit OTT with it so has a water barrel, dried food, etc just incase of earthquakes too, scares me, they used to have clothes packed in a backpack since they had a tsunami warning years ago but when he was tidying the garage he looked inside and the clothes were from when the boys were pre school haha
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-14-2024), smadson (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 07:24 AM   #259  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, so funny a lot your son finding preschool clothes in backpack. I think I would be fearful of living in SF because of earthquakes.

Catherine, I have the thin ones, and they keep you toasty. They fit close to the body like your skin, and hold the heat in. I haven’t seen the fleecy kind. But, I love the feel of these, kind of luxurious.
still low temps here. I had to be driver for DH for his 8:00am eye appointment this morning. It was -1 degree, I think. Now +3, and high will be 8! We are home and warm and cozy now. I think I am leaving my long Johns on, though!

DH said all our NFL teams won weekend. Yay for Greenbay and KC, and Detroit! Today is the cold Steelers game.
I got some steps in at the eye dr. They have huge waiting room. The whole building is brand spanking new, but with open concept, you can hear everyone’s business, and their doors were frozen shut. We just happen to go to the door that wasn’t, so heard about that from everyone that came in.
Maybe I will get into my craft room today. 👋👋
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 08:42 AM   #260  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Long undies report: I put mine on yesterday, under my Packer sweatshirt and pants. I have sort of fleecy ones on the bottom and tighter silk ones on the top. Almost too warm sometimes. I bought the silk ones when I tried cross country skiing, if you saw my Eagle River card. That trip to Eagle River was over 42 years ago, so I've had those silk ones for a long time. I still have the wool socks I bought for that trip too. Guess I've gotten my money's worth. Minus 2 at the moment, more sun today, blue sky. I'll take it.
Boy Detroit squeaked that win out. It would have been nice for them to go away, truthfully. My family was pretty mad at the announcers and post game guys, trying to justify why Dallas lost. Apparently it wasn't because GB was better. Sour grapes, I say. Next weekend should be interesting. I'm happy for them, no matter what happens. My brother in law, who is a staunch Minnesota Vikings fan, called the game correctly...he has good instincts when a team is hot at the moment.
Catherine, I will pass on that website to Joe and Leah. Maybe they do follow recipes, they don't talk about it at all. They've made a quinoa salad that is good and I'm assuming that's a recipe. Interesting about the shaved sides of your daughter's hair.
Speaking of generators, my sister has a 'whole house' generator, installed a few years ago. Very very expensive, I'm guessing about 10K. It runs on propane and is wired to the whole house. My sister is not fond of surprises and issues and likes to be proactive, not that that has always worked for her. Seems like the harder she tries to be proactive, the more goes wrong. They just replaced their furnace and water heater, now they have a combo, hot water on demand. The old one was old and needed some new parts. But the new furnace/hot water heater had a leak the first day. Sigh. I think it's been fixed.
Vickie, thanks for the feedback about the Better Press.
Hi to everyone else. Stay bundled. I'm under my electric blanket right now.
Jan, that's funny about the pre-school clothes. Your son must have been a Scout...always be prepared.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), jan31 (01-15-2024), mcschmidty (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 08:45 AM   #261  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Forgot to ask, Jan, about OTT...is that like OCD?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), jan31 (01-15-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 09:48 AM   #262  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I have today off so having a relaxed morning though I was awakened before I wanted to be by DH's alarm to take out the trash. We don't take it out the night before because of bears who come and make a mess though I don't think they'd be drawn to our trash. They were one time because we made a mistake and put something sweet in the trash which drew them straight to it. Anyway, DH also has the day off so we took a walk around the neighborhood loop. It is a nice walk with quite a bit of elevation change.

I'm sorry so many of you are dealing with such cold temps, I hope you are all staying warm and comfy. We have actually warmed up here for the time being. It is already too warm to have both layers of our duvet on our bed. I keep forgetting about the CuddleDuds and have meant to acquire the thin kind for myself.

It is snowing in Collegedale, TN where DD1 is. They got back from their short choir tour yesterday and she went to Walmart with a couple of friends to get something and the shelves were bare. It is a balmy 52 degrees here where we are 8 degrees in my childhood hometown, 14 degrees in Idaho where my brother lives, and it has warmed up to 34 degrees where DD1 is and looks like the snow has turned to rain - which could be scary tomorrow morning.

Jan, we can't cook when the power is off because our house is all electric. Although, we can try cooking on the wood stove and I did make soup and pancakes on top of it when we were without power for 14 days. We also have a gas BBQ grill that we can use if need be.

I think OTT is over the top? It is good that your son is so prepared though it sounds like the go bags might need a clothing update, LOL.

Sharon, that is good info about the thin ones. I just have to remember to acquire them!

Jean, that does sound like sour grapes! Come on, just be happy for the team that won!

We don't have a whole house generator. I wish! But yes, it is very expensive. It would have been nice to go ahead and get that when we got the solar panels but just too much money so we have a portable generator and DD1 found some light bulbs that are solar charged or something, can't remember the specifics but we put one of those bulbs in a few of our fixtures so it appears we have power when the power is out.

Being proactive is usually a good way to go, sorry it hasn't worked out so well for your sis.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), jan31 (01-15-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 10:10 AM   #263  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Over the top?? Geeze Jean, you are so dense.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), jan31 (01-15-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM   #264  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, don't feel bad. I thought the exact same thing! OCD, although the two could be interchangeable! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 01-15-2024, 01:22 PM   #265  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

We are in our recliners under blankets watching .steelers loose probably! LOL. Anyway cozy and warm.
forgot to say it is up to 6 degrees, now, and snowing lightly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2024, 09:48 PM   #266  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Waving hello! Whola- it is cold here! I did have to go out today- had a Dr appt- follow up with pulmonologist. She is nearing retirement- it will be a sad day when that happens- I used to work with her in ICU!

Home and happy to see an email that Bible study was cancelled due to the weather for tonight.

I am in a football pool for the playoffs- I do not really watch football....LOL I predicted 4/6 games correctly- had Houston to beat Cleveland and let hubby talk me into changing my pick- should have left it alone! LOL I really do not know a ton about football, but have followed a couple of the teams. We had dinner at the neighbors Friday- she was born and raised in Buffalo- and I picked Buffalo to win- they were on fire today! I always feel bad for all of the losing teams too.

Hubby woke up in the middle of the night last night and it woke me up- I could not get back to sleep! I never usually have that problem! I stayed in bed until noon! Yikes! Oh well, just hanging out inside today due to the cold anyway! Other than afternoon doc appt. Ray worked today!

Tomorrow Katie and her pup will come out for dinner. I took Salmon out for dinner- yum!

I have an Instagram blog hop to post tomorrow PM- using my least favorite DSP or DP.... I will make 3 cards tomorrow : ). And have ATC's to finish which I have almost completed and ready to mail.

I saw a jeopardy show where one of the categories was lots of letters that have meanings... one of the contestants- a young woman- got all of them correct! LOL It was so hard for us! I did not know OTT either!

Hope everyone is warm and safe and enjoying the days despite the weather!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), jan31 (01-15-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 02:57 AM   #267  
Stazon Splitcoast

Made me smile about OTT as we say that all the time, not really OCD just too much, our son is the same with every hobby he’s ever had, always buys all the gear, he started going crabbing with his friend on a paddle board until one day a whale came up too close for comfort, so he decided to buy a boat!! Two months later when we arrived looking forward to eating crab he’d got tired of it haha luckily DIL had talked him out of a boat due to storing it.

just been for a haircut and Steve had a pedi, a little too short but saves going too soon.

weather 20c!!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), muscrat (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 05:56 AM   #268  
Proud Fan Club Member

You will all identify with this shirt video from Justine Hockey!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/pFcg7bl9Q...Dr64w3WKj3qXR8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2024, 07:31 AM   #269  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,193 Likes on 1,826 Posts

Morning!

It's -7 here and I'm going out to the chiropractor! Geez!! Can't win this year! But I'm at least moving around! Will let you know how the roads are, it's a 45 minute drive to the chiro one way, but he's the guy we like and gives us results.

I need to catch up on commenting and card making! I am trying not to sit too long!

Stay warm everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 08:08 AM   #270  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I hope you are all staying warm and cozy where you are. I enjoyed a relaxed day yesterday. I got a few things done, DH and I popped in to see DD2 at work which brightened her work day and it was fun to see her co-workers too. I looked around at things as I do have a rewards voucher as well as my gift card, but left without spending anything.

DH got a few things done to Bingley (our Toyota Yaris named by DD1 after Mr. Bingley). He was due for an oil change and needed a belt tightened and it was lovely outside for him to get those items done.

Jean and Kathy, I wouldn't say you were dense, there are just too many acronyms and texting short cuts out there these days. It is hard to keep up with them all! Google can be your best friend in that department...or it could steer in the completely wrong direction! LOL

Sharon, did the Steelers lose? I pay absolutely no attention to football. It used to be fun to watch it with my mom because she could never follow where the ball was!

Shelly, I feel for you with the pulmonologist who is nearing retirement. Our eye doctor is retiring this year and we are super sad about that. He is excellent.

Jan, that is funny about your son. I am the opposite. When I try a new thing, I'll do it for quite a while (years, anyone?) before even considering investing in the equipment to make it easier! Somewhere in the middle between your son and me would probably be a good place to land.

Kathy, that short video was too funny. I do try to make sure that I make a number of cards with each stamp set I purchase so it isn't a $150 card. I keep thinking I'll work my way through my stamp sets again and make a couple of cards with each but I haven't made that happen yet. There are definitely some that I haven't used very much. I need to work that into my challenge cards!

Ann, I hear you about the drive to your chiro. Ours is about the same distance away when I go see him from home so I try to mostly go after work but he is the one who gets results - and doesn't expect us to come every week for the rest of our lives or until our insurance runs out - so he is worth the drive.

I got my F cards done yesterday....I might make another F card too, haven't decided. But I have board meeting tonight...yay...
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), jan31 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 12:13 PM   #271  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, we finally got our internet back. You really don't realize how much you depend on it until it's not there. DH watched the Packer game on an APP on his phone. I have not been outside the house for several days. Just too cold. Temp is at minus 1 with winds at 14 mph.

I've been doing a lot of reading and crocheting.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), jan31 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 12:20 PM   #272  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

These are our lilac bushes loaded with snow. Usually we can barely see the shed behind them. That's how heavy the snow is.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_0824.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), jan31 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), smadson (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 12:23 PM   #273  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, I made homemade applesauce today! This is the first time. It seemed to not be thick enough, but it tastes good. I didn't measure the apples, just cut several till I was tired of peeling and cutting. I used Gala apples from the store. Thank you for the recipe. I think this is a learning experience. I like it and I think my husband will, so that is a win in my book.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 12:42 PM   #274  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lisa, I think that could be how juicy your apples are. Since I've been using apples that are irregular and getting old, I think they are less juicy. Plus I usually fill my crock pot right up to the top, which means the ratio of apples to water is different. I think you have to have some water to start, but you may be able to use a 1/4 cup instead of 1/2. I'm sure you could also cook the sauce down more. I don't know if you could do that in the crock pot or if you'd have to transfer it to a sauce pan on the stove top. Or another option would be to strain it through a coffee filter (or cheesecloth) in a colander. I just haven't been concerned about how liquid mine is.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), lovinpaper (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 12:45 PM   #275  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I think these apples were juicy and they added more juice when cooked. I enjoyed this. I am learning something new and we will eat it.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024), lacyquilter (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 03:54 PM   #276  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,193 Likes on 1,826 Posts

Reminder!!!!

This week our letter is F! Theme is locations!

Keywords: ABC20F6, ABC20, and your personal keyword if using one!!

Have fun!!

So happy to see how creative everyone is being with this round! So fun!! Love it! Thanks again, Annette for a great theme!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (01-16-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 04:52 PM   #277  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lisa, I use macintosh apples for applesauce. Gala apples are deliciously juicy and more for eating.

Melody, it may be cold, but that's a gorgeous snow picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (01-17-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 05:12 PM   #278  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Kathy. Yes, it is. I hope that the lilacs aren't being damaged from the weight of the snow, but I just haven't felt like braving the cold and trudging thru the deep snow to see if I could knock some of it off the bushes. Even though we've had some sunny days, it's just not warm enough to melt. We're supposed to be getting a few days with a high of 11 degrees, which will probably feel warm compared to zero and below.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-17-2024), jkanack (01-18-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 05:34 PM   #279  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Lisa, I use macintosh apples for applesauce. Gala apples are deliciously juicy and more for eating.

Melody, it may be cold, but that's a gorgeous snow picture.
Thank you, Kathy. I will hopefully purchase those next time I am ready to make more. I thought the apples were juicy and that is possibly it has more liquid than I expected. It does taste good though.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (01-17-2024), JRHolbrook (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 08:11 PM   #280  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Hello all! I haven't spent much time on my computer or in my craft room, either. Starting to get my mojo back and hoping to start crafting again. However, I'm going to my daughter's in Phoenix. She has back surgery on Thursday. She has a crushed disk in her spine which causes pain and her leg goes numb. Hopefully, all goes well. The surgeon is removing the disk and putting a metal cage or bridge in its place. She's only 41, but she has golfed since she was young and was on the LPGA tour for a few years, until she injured her shoulder and had to have surgery foray that, too. I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers on Thursday!

Take care and stay warm ladies (or cool for Jayne in Australia). I read all the chat today, but haven't gone into the galleries this month. I'm hoping to get back on track with the Alpha challenges soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (01-17-2024), jan31 (01-16-2024), mcschmidty (01-17-2024), smadson (01-17-2024)