Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-06-2024, 11:06 PM   #201  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

No snow here thankfully, cool first thing but really warm later.

Ann sorry to hear you have Covid, I must have missed that, hope you get well soon.
We are back to wearing masks in Medical buildings and Pharmacies here as Covid is on the up apparently, they say doctors surgeries are overwhelmed but we were there last week and there were three of us waiting, the place was empty and normally the place is packed.

Apparently they still had the Three Kings Parade on Friday night where hundreds gather so they aren’t that worried about people mixing and spreading it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), smadson (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 08:54 AM   #202  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

We got about 4". DH is having trouble with sheer pins breaking on the snowblower. But hopefully he can have it checked out before the next snow.

Last edited by muscrat; 01-07-2024 at 09:15 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 10:22 AM   #203  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,288 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Good morning! It was a rainy day yesterday for us, so lovely. Today, we have sunshine. It has definitely gotten cooler here though - lows in the 20s. It is funny because a number of years ago, talking with the father of DD1's then boyfriend, my DH said it seems like Jan/Feb are the coldest months of the year. Matt (the boyfriend's father) said that December is the coldest month of the year and had the data to prove it. Well, our experience, this year, is definitely that it is colder in Jan/Feb. December was positively balmy and now we are down to the 20s.

We went over to a friends' house last night where they had a small gathering to watch a 2012 Spielberg movie called Lincoln starring Daniel Day-Lewis as President Lincoln. I don't recall hearing about this movie back in 2012, it was good and well done and a fun gathering of friends.

There was snow near us yesterday. We are at 2300 feet elevation and further up the hill they got snow. Enjoy your snow, Kathy and Sharon.

Shirl, I will be extending your birthday celebration as I haven't mailed your card yet! Sorry to hear a card was mangled in the delivery. At least it made it to you. I have a friend who lives near Portland, OR who hasn't received the Christmas cards I've mailed to him the last TWO years!

Kathy, I hope the snow blower issue is an easy fix.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
jan31 (01-07-2024), JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), shirlb19 (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 12:20 PM   #204  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts

To my alpha sisters ~~ HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Here is my letter C card ~~
FS/ABC ~ Don't Flip Out by Redbugdriver at Splitcoaststampers
(Hope it counts)

Last edited by Redbugdriver; 01-07-2024 at 12:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Redbugdriver:
JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 04:57 PM   #205  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

No worries Catherine. And that is awful that for two years your card did not make it to its destination. That is so disappointing.

I have yet to see Lincoln, but if Daniel Day Lewis is in it, it should be good!

We had sunshine today. Possible flurries might happen later on tonight. It is cooler.

We decided to take our tree to get chipped today as it was the last day they were doing it. The last two years we have kept it up cause it is a Nordmann Fir (popular in Europe) and they don't drop much needles. This one could have gone a lot longer, but then we have to chop it up and take it ourselves to municipalities that will pick it up. Dh is not well so that was going to be a bit much for him to deal with this year.

Everyone is rocking this round 20 from what I have seen!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by shirlb19:
jan31 (01-07-2024), JRHolbrook (01-09-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 09:26 PM   #206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies- home after spending the last 3 months in Colorado for the birth of grandson #2!

Whew- and it is cold here, a touch of snow on the ground- 3" maybe. Our sweet neighbors shoveled our driveway, and Katie had come out earlier in the day for a hair appt., and swung by and left a few essentials in the fridge- milk and cereal for Ray, and popcorn and apples & carrots for me. How sweet. I slept like a baby last night!

Unpacking, and got to the grocery store... tomorrow will be putting the crafty stuff away and boy the craft room needs some attention while I am at it! And, I'll make a batch of Chicken Tortilla Soup too.

I have been trying to keep up with the chatter/ read the thread- I think I have the jist of what everyone has going on!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and a belated Happy New Year wishes for a great 2024 to all!

I'll be checking in again tomorrow or Tuesday. I am trying to get my week in order! And then on to making cards for round 20!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
jan31 (01-07-2024), JRHolbrook (01-09-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 05:42 AM   #207  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome back Shelly, I bet the GS has grown while you’ve been there .

Jean looking at you’re challenge and mentioning a Jennifer Mcquire video I ended up watching three videos and then got carried away with something else she had done, still haven’t started your challenge, I’m looking forward to trying, eventually haha

our son in England sent a photo of his car covered in snow, Steve sent him a photo of our garden in the sun , apparently it’s -7 in London , cant believe that as it’s normally warmer there than the coast.

Shirl I hope your DH soon feels better!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-09-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 05:49 AM   #208  
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome home Shelly. DH had to take our snow blower uptown for repairs. It's possibly under warranty yet. I'm praying that's the case. He used it yesterday and got the majority of what needed done finished but there's possibly a little more snow coming and we needed to get this taken care of. We used it the first year we got it but the second year we didn't have enough snow to get it out of the shed. I have PT at 2:15 so we'll be making a Walmart run before then.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (01-09-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 06:46 AM   #209  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,763 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Hi everyone, this past week has slipped away but it seemed long. Do you ever feel like a four day week is longer than a five day week?

We in WI are celebrating that we love Love in the Love Shack.....as in Jordan Love, taking the youngest NFL team from the Love Shack (Lambeau Field) to the playoffs his first year. We'll probably get killed on Sunday but I'm so happy for him. Take that, Aaron Rodgers. That's what you get for being slightly bonkers. I'm just kidding, really. But he is a weirdo.

Speaking of boyfriends, granddaughter Clare, almost 13, has her first boyfriend. I know, I went through this with Liz, who was rarely without a boyfriend, too much drama for me. So far Clare and Dawson haven't talked much at school but they've talked a lot on the phone. He plays trombone, sits behind her in the clarinet section. Music brings people together. I hope they become friends first.

Shirl, I'm sorry that your husband isn't well. Still getting over Covid effects?

Anne, feel better please.

Ann, how are you doing? Able to get back to the chiropractor? Maybe time to see your GP?
Shelly, welcome home! That time seemed to go fast. Probably because it was over the holidays and that time always moves along quickly.

I saw a funny meme on Facebook about the weather in SE WI-FORECAST FOR TUESDAY-1 TO 74 INCHES OF SNOW. WE'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.
I think we will get some tomorrow but not as much as north of here. It's been interesting experiencing the weather here, although I think it's a little weird this year. No snow except for some little frozen spots here and there, very gray and cloudy for the most part. That is hard to take, day after day. It will get much colder this weekend, maybe we'll have some sun, which is what I would prefer. Good thing I take vitamin D.

Last night Liz, MIrren and I went over to see Liz's friend Sarah's new house. It's a 70's style home, many windows, kind of looks like a tree house. I love the downstairs, although there is an awful lot of wood, stone and tile. Every bathroom and the laundry room has different tile or even stone walls. I guess the former owner did tile work for a living. Lots of texture but very cold, I think. Very steep driveway, lots to plow, very wooded, very dark. Fortunately I held onto Liz going up the steps to the house because I couldn't see the steps. Going down was worse, I missed the last step. But it is very much of a Sarah house, rustic, she can show off her macrame collection. Sarah had a lovely array of snacks out for us and I had a final drink of eggnog.

I love January for the quiet time we have. Liz helped me put my Christmas away in the attic, along with some other stuff that can live up there to give me more room in the basement. I have to say that putting less Christmas out was not a bad thing because I really don't love putting it away. I've always wished I had a fairy wand to whisk it away quickly.

Kathy, I remember a couple years ago, son Joe had a new snowblower, second year, it wouldn't start. He lives on a corner so there is lots of sidewalk. I hope yours is fixable. When we need it, we NEED IT!
Boy the east coast certainly has gotten clobbered with rain and snow.

Catherine, those Belgium buns sound interesting, anything with lemon gets my attention. That Lincoln movie was a big deal when it came out, it was a very very good. I think it was up for some Oscars but don't remember anything.

Well I guess that's it from me for now. Take care everyone....
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 01-08-2024, 08:24 AM   #210  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good chilly morning to everyone! It is back to our regular scheduling today - but only for this week as next week, we have Monday off. This is DH's last week working for his current company. Next week, he is back to the company he started working for - though, his job hasn't changed. It is so strange, I'm just thankful he still has a job.

Yesterday, I didn't get much done other than hanging out with DD2 which was lovely. I did get the tree stripped of ornaments but DH didn't bring me the tree box, so it is still sitting there. I'll probably keep my snowmen up for a while longer as I like looking at them on top of the piano.

Happy New Year, Karen!

Shirl, I hope your DH feels better soon.

Yes, Lincoln was quite good. I don't recall anything about it but have looked up a lot of things about it since then. It came out in 2012, Daniel Day-Lewis won an Oscar for his role as Lincoln. There is a character in there by the name of Schuyler Colfax who was on the correct side of the vote for the 13th amendment (to abolish slavery) and he is who our little town of Colfax is named after. In fact, there is a statue of him somewhere in the town which I now have to go look for!

Welcome home, Shelly! Is it colder in Illinois than it was in Colorado? How nice of your neighbors!

Jan, yes, Jennifer McGuire videos can be quite the rabbit trail. As Jean says, her videos are LONG. I tend to watch them at 1.5 or 1.75 speed but she comes up with incredible ideas.

I'm sure your son wishes he was in Spain with you guys and your sunshine!

Jean, love the weather meme, too funny. I hope you didn't fall when you missed the last step at Sarah's house. Yes, all that tile sounds quite cold. That is one thing I think about because I want hard surface flooring in my house (not tile though stone though). Even vinyl plank will be colder than carpeting is. I will definitely have an area rug in the living room and want to keep carpeting in our bedroom.

DH's sister used to have a house that she renovated little by little and she chose slate for the hallway flooring. One time we were there overnight and not sleeping deeply so needed to get up in the night. When our feet hit the hallway flooring BOOM we were awake! because it was so cold!

Oops, there goes my alarm, chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
Old 01-08-2024, 09:13 AM   #211  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Grateful for a job is a big deal these days, especially a job that will support a family.
My family are Lincoln-aphiles, if that's a word. I just finished a book about Lincoln's last weeks of his life, what he did, where he went, his relationship with his wife, his lack of worry about being assassinated, although there were many rumors floating around. One of the best books I ever read about him was Doris Kearns Goodwin's book Team of Rivals. It's about how he chose his cabinet from people who often opposed him but he trusted. Too bad he couldn't have chosen his VP....Andrew Johnson was kind of a nightmare. I thought DDL won the Oscar that year, didn't take the time to look it up. Another book that is fun to look at is a local book about the times that Lincoln spent in Wisconsin. It's a large soft cover with a lot of photographs of the places he went. It's also about the many statues of him in Wisconsin, who designed them, how they were made. Mary Lincoln spent a fair amount of time in WI after he died, mostly for health reasons. What a tortured soul she was.
I need to go to the co-bop....it's a food co-op, Clare always called it the co-bop so that's what I call it. Was going to go tomorrow but sounds like a snowy day. I hope I like some of their soups they have available and maybe a salad or two. It's ideal for a single person who isn't inclined to cook large meals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2024, 10:36 AM   #212  
Proud Fan Club Member

The only thing the repair guy could find was possibly we need a new belt. But they didn't have any in stock so he had to order it. Praying it arrives quickly. They're only calling for rain right now.

Last edited by muscrat; 01-08-2024 at 02:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2024, 11:20 AM   #213  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,766 Likes on 1,877 Posts

It is snowing here. It appears to be thick flakes as I can see it through the window blinds coming down quickly. The road is covered as well as highways close by. We are home and staying put. My husband will go out later and get the mail.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 01-08-2024, 10:28 PM   #214  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

We're getting snow - really our first big snow of the season. Expecting about 10 inches by end of the day Tuesday.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
Old 01-09-2024, 08:06 AM   #215  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! So far, we've been fortunate to have the snow stop higher up the mountain than where we are....may it continue that way!

Jean, the Lincoln movie we watched was inspired by the book you mentioned - Team of Rivals. I went to IMDB and read the lengthy trivia section for that movie. It said Lin-Manuel Miranda was going to write a musical about Lincoln and the Civil War based on the book "Team of Rivals", but changed his mind when this film went into production first. Miranda would go on to create the critically-acclaimed Hamilton (2020), based on the life of founding father Alexander Hamilton. (I just copied and pasted that from the trivia section.)

How was your visit to the "co-bop?" Successful, I hope.

Kathy, I hope your snow blower is up and running very soon - and that you don't need it!

Lisa and Melody, please do not share your snow! It is supposedly rainy here today but I don't see anything falling just yet. There was a seven point buck in our back yard this morning, so pretty! Here is a photo I took of him through the window.

Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-076c807e-9e26-4b55-9e23-3d6ae261b9c9_1_201_a.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 08:46 AM   #216  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Happy New Year all! I just finished reading all the chat! I fell asleep a few times. My energy level sure has taken a down turn after my knee surgery. Thinking of everyone with health issues and family members who are ill. Hugs to all. Here's to a year of healing and good health.

I finally got in my craft room for a bit yesterday and made a mixed media page. That wore me out! LOL I'm definitely not the energy bunny that I used to be. I haven't started the new round yet. I haven't even looked at the cards in the gallery. I'm working on patience and realizing I can't do everything that I want to, but know that I'm thinking of all of you!

Last edited by JRHolbrook; 01-09-2024 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
jan31 (01-09-2024), jkanack (01-10-2024), mcschmidty (01-09-2024), shirlb19 (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 11:37 AM   #217  
Proud Fan Club Member

We had quarter size snowflakes falling Monday morning but everything has now melted. I am now nursing a head cold but I am glad it is that and not the flu.

Glad you are back Shelly!

Wow sounds like lots of snow for some of you.

Kandie, thank you for your Christmas card which arrived today. Very pretty wintry scene!

love to all
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by shirlb19:
Old 01-09-2024, 12:27 PM   #218  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,196 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Reminder!!

This week our letter is "E"!!

Keywords: ABC20, ABC20E5, and your personal keyword if using one!!

Have fun with this round and let your creativity flow!!!! No challenge police!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 12:29 PM   #219  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello all, I am sitting up for a bit loading my cards in before going back to icing. It's taken a long time to feel better with a pulled muscle in my back. Getting there but slow!! Sorry for not being around!

Have a good day and be safe everyone! Looks like Mother Nature is being nasty all over the U.S. today!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (01-09-2024), JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 02:37 PM   #220  
Proud Fan Club Member

Two weeks ago today my niece picked me up 10 bags of the Cherry kisses. They were half price since it was right after christmas. I ate the last bag last night! She thought I was joking. I don't joke about chocolate! LOL. When I open a bag it's gone by the end of the night. So I was relieved they were all gone and I would have no more temptations. Then last night my sister text me a picture of dove milk chocolate cherry cordial! She bought me three bags! I'm really hoping I hate them! I'm also thinking I could use them in projects for the girls at card class for February.

It's been raining all day here. Can you imagine if this were snow?
We'd probably have three feet!

Had to do some paperwork today. Got a letter from our vehicle insurance carrier that they had the wrong VIN number on our policy. I'm not sure who screwed up but one of the options I could do was take a picture of the letter they sent with the corrected VIN number and email it, so that's what I did. They'll get it immediately instead of waiting for me to send it back through the mail. I really hate paperwork but this was fairly easy. I don't even like making phone calls, which was another option.

My Stampin Up order comes on the 16th and we have class on the 20th. My card designed so that all have to do is use my new products. I can still cut up the base and get some things stamped. I spent nearly 250 so I'm getting several SAB items and free stuff for having my own party. I didn't spend anything in December so I was able to get more and get freebies.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
jan31 (01-09-2024), jkanack (01-10-2024), JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 10:18 PM   #221  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Shirl hope you have a lovely day.

Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-09-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 05:43 AM   #222  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIRL! I'm sorry to say I have sent no January birthday cards yet....but I will.
Catherine, I knew that about that movie and the book but forgot. Thanks for the reminder. The musical Hamilton was also based on a book by Ron Chernow, which I have read. It's a very long book. I still remember watching a talk show when Miranda and his colleague were just about ready to put Hamilton to the test, not Broadway yet but close. I was intrigued from the beginning. I feel so lucky to have seen it in Chicago. I didn't know that Miranda was considering Lincoln first. I wonder what a musical about him would be like.
Ann, I'm glad to see that you are starting to 'sit up and take nourishment' as my Dad used to say. I wonder how you pulled a muscle. Weight lifting? Push ups? I'm kidding, no laughing matter.
I guess my former county in SE WI got the most snow and had the most power outages in the state. It snowed all day here yesterday but we only got about 5 inches of heavy, wet snow. Most of it fell during the night on Monday. I'll be driving by the bluffs today, not sure if they will look as beautiful as they probably did yesterday.
Did I tell you I lost my Jane Austen anthology? I found it! It was in a book case but I had forgotten what color the dust jacket was and it didn't jump out at me. Yay.
Kathy, I can't believe you ate all those bags of Kisses. I know they're like eating popcorn but holy cow. Chocolate is actually something to avoid if you are prone to kidney stones. I bought dark chocolate peanut butter cups before Christmas, still only eating one occasionally. Awesome!!!!! I prefer dark chocolate.
Yes, Catherine, I found some good stuff at the co-bop. However I have decided their bakery isn't as good as I thought it was. Some things are good, like croissants and some cookies, but my daughter makes better berry scones than they do. She invited me over for scones and coffee on Sunday and they were delightful. No comparison. I find their bakery dry. But one really good thing is that a restaurant called Fayze's went out of business (long time in business), they made the best sourdough breads and rolls and the co-bop bought the recipes. Fayze's had cut way back on baking bread during the pandemic and never recovered. So we now will not want for Fayze's bread. It isn't good that Fayze's went out of business, just that their recipes live on.
Haircut today. I could probably have waited another week or so, she really cut it short last time. I'm ready for the green to be gone. Then I'll stop at Mike's, need a new bottle of white gesso. I hope that's all that I buy.
Have a great day, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
jan31 (01-10-2024), JRHolbrook (01-10-2024), mcschmidty (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 08:11 AM   #223  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is a blustery, wet day outside this morning. I would like to stay home and curl up with a good book, craft, doze, whatever! Instead of going out in that.

Happy birthday, Shirl! I hope you feel better today on the anniversary of your birth!

Gracie, be patient with yourself. It takes time to recover from surgery, you'll get there! Though I know it seems too slow.

Ann, glad you are doing a little better, sorry you are dealing with all this pain.

Oh my goodness, Kathy! That is a LOT of chocolate. I'd probably be sick! I'm glad you aren't. Glad you had an easy option to correct the VIN number too. I don't like dealing with that kind of stuff either.

Jan, the Christmas card I mailed you came back in the mail yesterday....problem with how I addressed it, I hadn't noticed that Spain got cut off from the label....ugh!

Jean, if you had asked me before Hamilton came out about a musical about him, I would have wondered the same thing but it has certainly been a hit. And I knew what you meant about Fayze's going out of business, good that the recipes live on. I generally find that home baked things taste better though bakery things look quite tasty.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
jan31 (01-10-2024), JRHolbrook (01-10-2024), mcschmidty (01-13-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 08:27 AM   #224  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

The very Happiest of Birthdays SHIRL! I haven't made cards yet, but I'm planning to get into my craft room later today or tomorrow! I hope your day is as special as you are! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
jan31 (01-10-2024), jkanack (01-12-2024), mcschmidty (01-13-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 12:56 PM   #225  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 385 Likes on 215 Posts

Here are my D and E cards ~~
D - ABC ~ Doghouse by Redbugdriver at Splitcoaststampers
E - SC/ABC ~ Everglades by Redbugdriver at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2024, 07:50 AM   #226  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is icy and cold here today - it was 29 degrees when I woke up. DD2 sent me a text to let me know she had made it safely to work which I appreciated. Unfortunately, her second person wasn't able to make it on time due to the ice and traffic issues so DD2 was being paid to sit in the parking lot.

DD1 is on a trip with the choir. Their first stop was the King Center in Atlanta where they were singing. She called to tell me we need to visit the King Center and I thought it was cool that they were singing there this close to MLK Jr Day. They are headed to Florida on this trip.

Gracie, I hope you were able to get in the craft room and play a little.
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (01-11-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 08:12 AM   #227  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 949 Likes on 339 Posts

Happy, happy Birthday, Shirl. I hope you have a beautiful day.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by gutsport56:
jan31 (01-11-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 12:31 PM   #228  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, I just got a new bottle of white gesso! I used up what I had by making Lydia's drunken embossed foil tutorial from last week.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 06:02 PM   #229  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the good wishes Jan, Gracie, Catherine, Jean and Dagmar!

Day 4 of my cold, moving along alright.

The like button is not working at the moment.

I got the nicest surprise birthday card from Lisa today! Thank you so much. You are so sweet and so is your card.

We are in for a cold front. Supposed to be -10 where we are but the windchill will make it feel like minus 20.......For fahrenheit that is: 14 and the windchill would be minus 4

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by shirlb19:
jan31 (01-11-2024), jkanack (01-12-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024), lovinpaper (01-11-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 06:08 PM   #230  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad you like the card, Shirl. Hope you had a happy birthday in spite of the cold.

I still need to make my E card. I have been busy all week long, so hopefully I will get to it soon.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
JRHolbrook (01-12-2024), shirlb19 (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 07:33 PM   #231  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, I am so sorry I am a day behind! I hope you had a happy birthday!

Kathy, many thanks for the beautiful get well card! I am trying to take it easy.

My oldest brother had his surgery today. Bladder and prostrate removed. I just spoke to him.
They did an epidural on him to control the pain, says it stays in for days. So surprised that I could
talk to him when he didn't get out of surgery till 5:30 P.M. and it was one very large incision not done by robotics.

Well stay safe from the snow and cold everyone. Snow totals for our area are now up to 11 to 13 inches!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (01-11-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024), mcschmidty (01-13-2024), muscrat (01-12-2024), shirlb19 (01-12-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 10:37 PM   #232  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl sorry to hear you still have a cold especially on your Birthday.

Its Steve’s birthday today, we are going out for lunch later, he’s had a singing Birthday card from DIL, it’s a dancing one with all our faces on it, very funny, she loves making this sort of thing! They sent a gift via Amazon.es, unfortunately DIL organised it and put our post box address by mistake so of course they have refused to accept it so now we don’t have a clue where it’s gone haha!

Its cloudy here at the moment but sun later apparently, it’s been the same for a few days,we even had a few drops of rain overnight but not really enough to water the garden.Im not complaining reading about all the snow you’ve all had.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024), mcschmidty (01-13-2024), shirlb19 (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 06:58 AM   #233  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,001 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Kathy, about eating all your chocolate to get the temptation out of the way. LOL. That is how I think! Get it all eaten, then won’t be temped anymore! I did that last night. I had some chocolate chip peanut butter granola bars I made that didn’t get firm or stick well. So, I froze them before Christmas. I ate a little every so often, but last night got them out and ate them like loose granola. I just decided to eat all of it, and have it over with! LOL

soul sisters as well as Alpha Sisters! LOL

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-12-2024), jkanack (01-12-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024), mcschmidty (01-13-2024), muscrat (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 07:46 AM   #234  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Isn't it funny how some of us (maybe most?) think about getting food out of our sight, especially sweets?? Or salty things? Liz and Scott are doing a carnivore diet, only meat, salt, water. Supposedly one can get the nutrition they need from those three things. Liz isn't being quite as faithful as Scott. I have strong doubts about this but two benefits already realized: Scott's tiny little gut is even smaller and he is not plagued by flatulence at work as usual. He is a tall, thin man but had developed a small stomach bump. There is some research about hormonal benefits for women. They have friends who eat this way all the time because of food issues and allergies. I think it would be boring. On the other side is Joe and Leah who are vegetarian and Leah is mostly vegan, no eggs or milk products. I think that could be boring too.
Hello from snowy LaCrosse, WI. Winter storm Gerri is attacking us and apparently Heather is already heading east. I guess they started naming storms in the past year or so. It isn't snowing hard, like a blizzard, but it will be long lasting. Joe and Leah are supposed to come here tomorrow, I have my doubts as SE WI is almost worse, especially close to the lake and Joe is very close to it. True winter has arrived. Apparently Scott is going in with a neighbor of mine to plow the alley which I didn't know about. It's a short stretch of alley so not too bad. No school in the area today and they are off on Monday so a long weekend. I'll be with the girls part of the day on Monday.
Ann, Gracie and Shirl, hope you keep on keeping on, feeling better. Ann, thinking of Mike.
Jan, happy birthday to your husband.
Kathy, I discovered that my gesso bottle was almost empty and it was rather stiff at the bottom so it was hard to get enough to do Lydia's MIX. That bottle is in the garbage. Couldn't help myself, bought some new gel pens to replace dried out ones and a tube of neutral acrylic paint. Useful things.
Catherine, the person who couldn't get to work on time, did she have the key? Your other daughter's trip sounds great. How wonderful to participate in a Dr. MLK jr. event on his birthday!!!
I've been playing with tea dying this morning. I'm sure I have some tea dyed stuff but I'm still going through things and haven't found anything yet.
Any one watching All Creatures on PBS? I think I love this new version even more than the old. I did love Robert Hardy as Siegfried though. Story lines are a bit different. And I loved the old theme song, much more than the new. I also started watching a show on PBS about the royal flying doctors in Australia, pretty good. Good characters. I love PBS.
Well I guess I'm talked out (maybe). Take care, eveyone, especially who are ill, hurting or in the storm.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-12-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 08:56 AM   #235  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, we bought All Creatures in it's entirety for my husband's birthday. He hasn't opened it, yet. We used to check out the VHS tapes from the library where we used to live. I enjoyed them. We have the books as well and I have read some, but not all. I purchased the collection for the Kindle so it is available to read without finding the actual books, which are in my house somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-12-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 09:51 AM   #236  
Proud Fan Club Member

DH picked up our snow blower this morning. The new belt came in and they had put it on and now we're set for the next snow storm.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 10:13 AM   #237  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I'm being a little lazy this morning and need to kick it into gear. It is just Wesley and I at home today - for now anyway, and she is curled up in her kitty bed by the wood stove. She'll move when I bring out the vacuum as she is not a fan of that thing! Though she is getting braver around it. I do have the laundry going but need to get in gear with the house cleaning. I didn't do much last Friday with getting up so early to take DD1 to the airport and then the memorial service. About the memorial service, I played a piano solo for the service (the pastor asked me to do that). I chose a medley of hymns as the deceased preferred hymns. I didn't expect anything for playing but, when I got to work on Monday morning, there was a card on my desk with a thank you from the family and a $25 Walmart gift card! That was a nice surprise.

Dagmar, beautiful flowers for Shirl's birthday. How is your husband doing?

Brrrr, Shirl, it has gotten cold here as well but not that cold!

Lisa, I have made all my cards for this round but haven't taken photos and uploaded my D card yet. Maybe I'll do that after this post and THEN get to work! LOL

Ann, prayers for your brother's recovery.

Jan, happy birthday to Steve! That sounds like quite the card he received, what fun!

Sharon, chocolate chip peanut butter granola bars sound so tasty! I probably would have eaten it for breakfast as a cereal!

Jean, eating vegetarian/vegan can be boring or not, it depends on what you want to do. I eat vegetarian and lean towards mostly vegan (DH is vegan) but there are all sorts of tasty things that you can make, you just have to find the right recipes. There are also a lot of really BAD recipes out there that would turn anyone off from vegan/vegetarian food! I'm actually eat more whole foods plant based now which is mostly unprocessed foods. As DD1 said when she was home, we are mostly an ingredients household. I feel better eating this way which is why I do it.

You asked about the person late due to ice, if she had the key. Actually, DD2, as a manager, has the key. But it is store policy that you can't enter the store without there being two people to go in and the person who was late was her second person. Everything worked out and the store opened on time.

I hope Joe and Leah make it if it is safe.

Kathy, glad the snow blower is fixed and ready to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 11:08 AM   #238  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,001 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Catherine, when I worked at the bank, it was same way, we couldn’t enter unless it was two people even though I had the key.

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-14-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 01:36 PM   #239  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ah right, I think I knew that working at Target.
Joe and Leah aren't inventive, I have to say. They never talk about recipes. They don't invite people over for meals. I've eaten there once, frittata and now that Leah doesnt eat eggs, I guess it would be egg substitute. Liz has some good veggie recipes, one of the best is mushroom shepherds pie. It's Mirren's favorite.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 02:01 PM   #240  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Just in case you want to know it is winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_0820.jpg   Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_0821.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (01-14-2024), jan31 (01-12-2024), JRHolbrook (01-12-2024), lovinpaper (01-12-2024), shirlb19 (01-12-2024), smadson (01-13-2024)