Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2023, 05:02 PM   #161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,763 Likes on 1,598 Posts

I tried dog treats long ago.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (12-31-2023), JRHolbrook (12-31-2023), muscrat (12-29-2023), shirlb19 (12-30-2023)
Old 12-29-2023, 11:12 PM   #162  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Hello fellow Alpha's. I hope that you all had an enjoyable Xmas and thank you to those who sent me beautiful Xmas cards. I have emailed or pm'd you all.

I've caught up with all the chat...phew. I wanted to wish you and your families a very Healthy and Happy 2024. May the year shine brightly for you all. As most of you know, 2023 has been a year of ups and downs for us but we have had some memorable and happy moments. In 2024 we have an exciting year coming up and I am ready for it!

Thank you Ann for the updated lists/challenge list. I am finally feeling crafty again. At last! and hope to catch up with this round's challenges. I may not be on chat much but think of you all often.

Waving and hugs from a very warm Oz.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by Ozpom:
annsforte3 (12-31-2023), jan31 (12-31-2023), JRHolbrook (12-31-2023), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), muscrat (12-31-2023), shirlb19 (12-30-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 03:48 AM   #163  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Happy New Year to all of the Alpha sisters!

I lost my list of Christmas cards that I had sent out...I was trying to get them all out before my surgery, but wasn't able to do so. I'm sorry if I missed you this year, but this surgery has taken more of a toll on me than I thought it would. I was stressing over this and decided to just let it go. 2024 is almost here, so time to move forward. Also, thank you to all of you who sent me a Christmas card, I appreciate each and every one.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the holidays with family, good food, games and fun! Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (12-31-2023), jan31 (12-31-2023), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), shirlb19 (01-02-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 07:14 AM   #164  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Happy New Year to all of the Alpha sisters!

I lost my list of Christmas cards that I had sent out...I was trying to get them all out before my surgery, but wasn't able to do so. I'm sorry if I missed you this year, but this surgery has taken more of a toll on me than I thought it would. I was stressing over this and decided to just let it go. 2024 is almost here, so time to move forward. Also, thank you to all of you who sent me a Christmas card, I appreciate each and every one.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the holidays with family, good food, games and fun! Hugs
I sure understand the extra toll from surgery! I'm still trying to come back. I'm praying for a better new year with some joyful times ahead for you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (12-31-2023), JRHolbrook (12-31-2023), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 07:40 AM   #165  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, I'm channeling Elsa....let it go, let it go. I did received one from you so I'm fortunate indeed.
How sad about Teri's store.....we still need to get together. I have no concept of dealing with healing like you and Kathy. I'm a little nervous about my left knee, it's not behaving well. As you remember, that's the one I fell on.
Happy 123123...let's waltz into 2024. I don't have anyone to dance with. My family drove to Milwaukee today to see my ex husband. It's always a stressful visit for Liz, never knowing what she will see/hear/not hear. The only good thing is he is now in an apartment in a facility where he can get more care if necessary. I shared a cute gif about the little girl from Full House, complaining that she stayed up all night to kiss a dog. I'd be happy to kiss a dog....get some iodine, get some disinfectant. I could go kiss some kitties as Liz's. This morning I heard someone on the front porch, it was Liz leaving me some soup. Isn't she the best!?
I took the girls to see Migration yesterday. Very cute movie. I love the music. I was thinking that maybe ducks didn't migrate but they do, mostly to southern US. Isn't it ironic that birds migrate south, people migrate north. What a situation we have in this country?!
Had a little snow this morning, it's heading east. Not much accumulation but could be slippery.
So my plan is to do nothing tonight, be in bed at the usual time. I sure wish images of alcohol weren't part of NYE. What about everyone else? Have a good day and holiday tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (12-31-2023), jan31 (12-31-2023), JRHolbrook (12-31-2023), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 08:03 AM   #166  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Happy end of year 2023. DH went to pick up MOD pizza for lunch. I'm always up until 1:30-2:00, but not interested in all the hoopla. DH probably won't make it to midnight. He usually tries to watch the ball drop in NY.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (12-31-2023), jan31 (12-31-2023), JRHolbrook (12-31-2023), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 08:10 AM   #167  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,196 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Happy New Year everyone!!

I have a house full of company coming again! All four of my brothers!

Have a great day/night all!! Off to get food in the ovens!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (12-31-2023), JRHolbrook (12-31-2023), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), muscrat (12-31-2023), shirlb19 (01-02-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 08:33 AM   #168  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,766 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Jean, my parents divorced when I was 3 years old. I remember the faces my Mom made when we had to make the visit. As an adult I tried to have a relationship, but when he was leaving Playboy magazines out on the coffee table and in the bathroom, knowing he had invited me for dinner, that was just too much. The visits stopped and I let it go. I'm sure your daughter will know discernment since she probably knew part of the reasons that he is an ex.

Surgery recovery takes a long time. Kathy, back surgery recovery takes much longer than the doctor will say. After 12 years, my leg muscle still cramps at times. I know it was moved and it has never recovered completely. Give yourself peace about how far you have come and know you can continue to recover.

For New Year's, I will be in bed by 10. I am thinking about making a pie today and possibly brownies. That is about all the celebrating I will do.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 12-31-2023, 08:37 AM   #169  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 949 Likes on 339 Posts

Happy New year everyone.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 7 users liked this post by gutsport56:
annsforte3 (12-31-2023), jan31 (12-31-2023), JRHolbrook (12-31-2023), lovinpaper (12-31-2023), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), muscrat (12-31-2023), shirlb19 (01-02-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 02:51 PM   #170  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,288 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Hi everyone! I finally took some time to craft today and made one involved card so I have finally entered round 20 with a card!

We've been having a great time all together and I'm trying not to think about Wednesday morning when DD1 leaves for college.

Tonight, I will definitely be up until midnight...I usually am. I'm sure both girls will be as well but not sure about DH. He probably will. We will go to church this evening for New Year's Eve communion and then head home to welcome in the New Year.

Jean, the first time I had venaterta, I didn't like it much. The next time I liked it much better. It turned out the first recipe I tasted was not a good recipe and didn't have any vanilla in it. The second time, it had vanilla and was so much better. I never was gaga about it like DH and his family though.

Ann, have you been able to connect with Liz and Lynn yet? Have a wonderful time this evening with your brothers!

DD1 and I talked DH into going to the chiro on Friday because he hadn't gone after his fall down our front steps. So glad he went as he did need an adjustment. I guess falls often mess up our spinal column making one leg shorter than the other.

I've never heard that recipe called puppy chow. Out here it is usually called muddy buddies.

Melody, I've never understood buying fabric before having a project for it. Why? Because I have always been concerned that if I just bought fabric and then found the project later, that I wouldn't quite have enough fabric for the project!

Jean, yes, your daughter is wonderful!

Beautiful photo, Dagmar!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
jan31 (12-31-2023), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 03:15 PM   #171  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, as a quilter who especially likes scrap quilting, it usually doesn't matter how much of a fabric you have, since you are only using small pieces anyway. But I've also been known to buy several yards if the price is right and I really like the fabric.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 10:40 PM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Happy New Year Alpha friends. Hopefully a Happy and Healthy 2024!

We were in bed by10pm but Steve told me this morning that I woke him up as the phone was ringing! He thought I was dreaming, It turns out it was our eldest GS, he obviously realised we were in bed and stopped ringing,

we’re going a walk along the Paseo at lunchtime, if we see a menu we like we will have lunch if not Steve has Lamb Steaks out ready to cook, he really is a treasure!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
JRHolbrook (01-01-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), shirlb19 (01-02-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 08:00 AM   #173  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy 2024!!!!!
Yesterday was a strange day for me, almost like I didn't know what to do with myself. I flitted from thing to thing, sometimes thought I needed a nap but I couldn't. I should have gotten outside. Last night at 6 pm, a very loud noise that sounded like extremely loud thunder scared the you know what out of me. Fireworks just blocks from me on Granddads Bluff, the highest point of the bluffs. Boy were they loud. Then I found out that they would shoot them off at midnight too. Oh boy, no going to sleep before midnight for me. I have an inner clock that seems to know when I need to wake up or if something is going to wake me, I can't go to sleep. Sigh. So I slept until almost 9. The midnight ones were shorter and less loud, fortunately. I felt badly for the animals in the bluffs and the dogs who live nearby. I'm not fond of fireworks, don't do well with sudden loud noises.
Catherine, I felt like there was very little flavor in the 'cake' part. Maybe it needed more vanilla. I liked how it looked.
It's a good thing I don't sew because I would not only hoard paper but fabric too. I see the fan club Christmas challenge is to use dsp....great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
jan31 (01-02-2024), JRHolbrook (01-01-2024), mcschmidty (01-01-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 08:20 AM   #174  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

2024! Wow! Where does the time go? Wasn't it just "2000." Ha ha!

Jean, sorry to hear about the noisy fireworks. I don't know why they have to be loud. Our dogs hate them. Poor animals and people with PTSD. It would be great if they took all the money spent for the fireworks and donated it to animal and "people" shelters!

I was able to actually sleep in my bed for 6 whole hours, with the help of a pain pill. I'm beginning to believe that I'm finally turning the corner and will make it through this knee replacement. Here's to a healthier 2024!

Jan, enjoy your walk along the Paseo. Husbands who cook are great, aren't they?

Catherine, good for you already making a card for round 20! Yay! Enjoy your time with family and DD1 being back home. Such a special time that goes all too quickly.

I've started hoarding material again along with all of my crafts. I love to sew and there are 4 of us on my block who started going to quilting classes together in Oct. Such fun. We have a wonderful quilt shop in our little town. Melody, scrap quilting sounds like fun. I'm looking to doing some wall hangings and creating with fabric. I'm not interested in making a big quilt.

Ann, I'm sure you had a fabulous time with family, food and fun for New Year's Eve. I hope everyone had a great New Year's! Here's to a happy, healthy 2024!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
jan31 (01-02-2024), mcschmidty (01-01-2024), shirlb19 (01-02-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 09:02 AM   #175  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It isn't so much hoarding the supplies, but just the need to purchase more than you can use in a lifetime (or 10)!

The great things about scrap quilts: If you have a quilt that every block is the same, you can look at one block and basically have seen the whole quilt. In a scrap quilt, the fabric is different in every block, so as you look at the different blocks, you discover all the different patterns and colors, etc. Much more interesting. Although there are really no limitations in a scrap quilt, usually every block is the same pattern, but the fabric varies throughout. You can make them with a certain color scheme, but still use all different fabrics. The other great thing is you aren't going to run out of fabric, because you can use any that you want. I love the ones that the fabrics are just a total mix of colors and patterns. You can still plan how you use light and dark fabrics to please the eye. Most of the time, you would set off the different blocks by using a sashing strip between them. OK, I'm done. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
JRHolbrook (01-01-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), shirlb19 (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 08:18 AM   #176  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Happy New Year! We were definitely up past midnight on New Year's Eve, of course, that isn't that unusual for me but definitely is for DH. And goodness to the illegal fireworks in my neighborhood. The first few bangs didn't bother Wesley but then there was one that was SO LOUD! I'm sure it is hard for veterans. That really loud one sent Wesley under DD1's bed.

Yesterday, the girls made ravioli from scratch for the first time ever. They did a mushroom filling. It was very tasty. I have never made ravioli from scratch, I make things that are easy! LOL

DD1 was supposed to fly back to TN tomorrow morning. When we bought the tickets, she hadn't broken up with her boyfriend so she wanted to go back a little early so she could spend some time with him before the semester begins. Last night, DH asked how much it would cost to change her flight. When he heard we could book her for a flight on Friday morning for $53, he said, "Let's do it!" so we get to enjoy her for a couple more days. Yay!

I've actually made my A, B, and C cards but can't upload my B card yet.

Melody, that makes sense. It also brought clarity to why I don't buy fabric that I see and like. Because I don't really quilt, when I sew, I'm making clothing or something that I need a certain amount of fabric to make it and I could just see me buying 2 yards of something and then the project I want to make takes 2 1/4 yards! Though, sometimes you can change the pattern layout on the fabric and make a dress/top/skirt etc with less than the pattern back tells you.

Jean, we recently had a really severe thunder and lightning storm (severe for here). There were several lightning strikes right in the little town nearby and people reported the thunder being so loud and long and shaking their houses. It woke DD1 and DH up but DD2 and I slept right through it....thankfully!

The venaterta recipe that my DH's family makes (the correct one) has vanilla and cardamon in it. I wouldn't say it is the most flavorful thing but it is a pleasant flavor. Of course, I love sugar cookies so there's that!

Gracie, I'm so thankful to read that you slept in your bed for six hours! Yay! May your healing continue.

Melody, I sew (extremely rarely these days) but have never quilted. I do have a quilt top that I need to finish. It is a crazy quilt (I believe that is what it is called) and was made by my great aunt. She was working on it but hadn't completed it. She had made it into strips which she numbered. I machine sewed the strips together but that is the farthest I got. I believe I need to choose a fabric to make a border and then get batting and fabric for a back. It is in one of the many boxes in the garage.
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (01-03-2024), JRHolbrook (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 09:21 AM   #177  
Proud Fan Club Member

I must have missed your post about dd1 breaking up with her boyfriend... I'm sorry to hear that and hope she is doing ok...

Last edited by muscrat; 01-02-2024 at 12:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
JRHolbrook (01-02-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 10:03 AM   #178  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I'm glad you get to have DD1 home for a bit longer. Definitely worth $53! Sorry to hear that she and her boyfriend broke up. Hopefully, they could remain friends. That mushroom ravioli sounds delicious!

I'm slowly beginning to believe I may eventually get better...slept for 6 hours again last night! Yay! Doing my PT and exercises faithfully. You don't appreciate being able to just get up and walk...until you can't! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
jan31 (01-03-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), muscrat (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 02:12 PM   #179  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,196 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Back is out and I'm in lots of pain, chiro says I pulled a muscle. He adjusted me a bit but said the rest would have to wait till I heal a bit more before he can really move anything around. Son and chiro had to pull me off the table! Their automatic table was being repaired, just my luck!

Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (01-03-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 02:15 PM   #180  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Rest Ann. It is miserable when the back hurts.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 05:06 AM   #181  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh No, Ann! So sorry to hear about your back. Not a good way to start 2024. I hope you heal quickly!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 05:09 AM   #182  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann so sorry to hear about your back, there’s nothing worse, hope you soon recover, good job you have your sons to help you.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 08:00 AM   #183  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is wet and rainy outside and has been raining steadily since yesterday. We've already had a brief power outage (out for 5-7 minutes) this morning. Fortunately, I had already done the things that need power for me to get ready for work and then it was just a short blip after all. But we never know! Thankfully, my coffee was already in process in the French press though it did interrupt the timer process so I guessed.

I forgot to mention that I finally got the donate stuff out of the house on 12/31. Had the girls drop it off, so good to have that out of the house!

Maybe I didn't mention that DD1 had broken up with her boyfriend? Now I'm not sure. She was sad but mostly relieved and I am thankful. He was nice but he was so young, he has a lot of maturing to do and things to work on. I think she has been enjoying college more post boyfriend too because she is more involved in campus life.

Last night, more like late afternoon, we all went to a Thai restaurant that DD1 wanted to visit before going back to TN. She hasn't found excellent Thai food out there. And due to her comments about cafeteria food at the college, she received a large container of garlic salt in her Christmas stocking. Hopefully that will help! I really should put together a little portable spice kit that she can take with her to the cafeteria and she can doctor up anything.

Yay for another six hour stretch of sleep, Gracie! You will get better! I remember being frustrated when I had my tonsils out (in my late teens/early twenties) because it hurt so much to talk and my parents were hard of hearing (mom - lots of ear infections as a kid, dad - loud job, no ear protection). Lots of things just didn't get said because it wasn't worth the hassle!

Oh Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about your back. Did the chiro suggest a hot/cold protocol to aid the healing of your muscle? Hoping you are better soon!

Now to put my thinking cap on for the letter D...I was caught up until this morning!

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 01:20 PM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,166 Likes on 499 Posts

Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well and have great Christmas I did and there some of the people here. I got Christmas cards form. Thank you and Kathy Thank you for the early birthday cards. I hope able be here soon. I am still trying used to my new email. and filet rules and ect. thanks Linda.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by hotwheels:
jan31 (01-03-2024), JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 01:49 PM   #185  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am enjoying this destination challenge. I was stumped for a D location and my husband mentioned Denmark. I added the mermaid to the water as I did not have any kind of statue like the one there. I do understand it is not the Disney mermaid, but a Merman statue in honor of Hans Christian Anderson. I like finding things in my stash, in this case my daughter's stash, that I can turn into a destination. Next week with the letter E, I have already thought of something and it was back to my daughter.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 01-03-2024, 02:06 PM   #186  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

Ann, I hope your back heals soon

I'll be a day or two late with my D card; I have the idea in my head and the paper laid out on my desk just need to get to it!

Wishing everyone a Blessed New Year.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Vickie Y:
Old 01-03-2024, 03:34 PM   #187  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm not sure how long I'll continue the PT. My feet and legs hurt the most, although I still have pain in my back. Therapist has suggested the possibility of neuropathy I didn't have neuropathy before the surgery so I'm a bit set and wish it never had the surgery. The pain I had before was not all day long. I see my regular doctor on the 15th. So we'll see where we go from there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2024, 03:51 PM   #188  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I'm not sure how long I'll continue the PT. My feet and legs hurt the most, although I still have pain in my back. Therapist has suggested the possibility of neuropathy I didn't have neuropathy before the surgery so I'm a bit set and wish it never had the surgery. The pain I had before was not all day long. I see my regular doctor on the 15th. So we'll see where we go from there.
It is a hard question to keep asking yourself. Your surgery was very close to the nerves. The pain you are having in your legs and feet often happen after back surgery. I have no words of wisdom. I went through 3 surgeries on the same disc. If I knew what was going to happen, I would have had the fusion long before it began affecting my nerves. Now, I just deal with any residual pain, swelling, weakness the best that I can. In my case, MS happened and that brings another layer into everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 01-04-2024, 02:51 AM   #189  
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally finished my B card, had the idea but just couldn’t get it to work, eventually made it into a Birthday card for Steve for next week!
Funny that three of us had the same country but all for different Reasons!

Ann I hope your back is healing.

Gracie good to hear you are managing to sleep.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
Old 01-04-2024, 07:55 AM   #190  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is our last full day with DD1 here, we have to take her to the airport EARLY tomorrow morning. I wish I had the day off but it is my busiest day of the week and then it is busy because of year end stuff. I need to produce receipts for donors etc. I'm thankful we've had her for a couple extra days.

Lisa, I haven't decided on my destination for the letter D just yet. Still thinking! Good for you for already having your E idea ready to go!

Kathy, I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Praying your doctor has some good suggestions on the 15th.

It sounds like you also deal with a lot of pain, Lisa, I'm so sorry.

Jan, I don't think I've heard of Belgium buns. A lot of the posts mentioned a lemon curd filling which is a yum to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2024, 08:07 AM   #191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine I’ve never had one that had lemon curd in although I have seen that,
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
Old 01-04-2024, 08:11 AM   #192  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

One of the first things that popped up when I searched for Belgium buns was this link to Paul Hollywood's recipe: https://thegreatbritishbakeoff.co.uk...-belgian-buns/ and the way he makes it, he fills it with homemade lemon curd which intrigued me. I did see, further down the search, that not all of them have the lemon curd. But, being someone who loves lemons, I think I'd like the lemon curd in there.

Thanks for increasing my knowledge, Jan!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
jan31 (01-04-2024), JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 08:36 AM   #193  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 748 Likes on 358 Posts

Just noticed a missing date - Jan 24th. Shall we just skip it?

Got Covid from our grands. DH showed not a single symptom, while I have been awful. Continue to take him to the Dr. for more CT scans of pancreas, kidneys, prostate (all bad blood work), and next week two brain MRI's. He remembers few things. Found a hugs box of cookies in the oven. Asked where they came from, but he said he didn't know. Ah well.

Sorry to hear about trips to the Dr., chiro, etc. January is such a fickle month!! Love to you all.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jdmommy:
Old 01-04-2024, 10:16 AM   #194  
Proud Fan Club Member

I never noticed it until you found it Anne! I'm guessing we will have to skip it because the keywords are all set up but we'll see what Ann has to say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2024, 10:22 AM   #195  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Didn't see a missing date, haven't really looked. Eagle eye Anne to the rescue.
Lots of pain going on, I'm sorry to hear that. Good wishes for relief.
Catherine, one spice that would be good for your daughter would be 'everything bagel'. I'm sure it's available in many places. I use it on most everything.
I'm sitting at a coffee shop near my house, trying a new place for an oil change. It's across the street so I could walk home but I felt like a hot chocolate.
My word for 2024 is patience.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 01-04-2024, 10:36 AM   #196  
Proud Fan Club Member

I think my word for 2024 would be joy. I've been joyless for months now. Recovering from surgery, stressing over every little thing. I'm looking for joy again.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 01-05-2024, 02:47 PM   #197  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone! I was up before 5:00 am this morning so we could take DD1 to the airport...sad day. She has already safely landed in TN and is on the shuttle ride back to Chattanooga where her roommate will pick her up and take her to the college. After we dropped her off, I dropped DH off at his office, and then went to the Starbucks store where DD1 used to work where two of her former co-workers gave me hugs. They are so sweet!

I attended a memorial service for one of our church members and played a piano solo for it and then finally headed home.

Anne, so sorry you've got covid. I hope you are doing better now.

Jean, that would be a good seasoning for DD1 as she really likes everything bagels. I'll have to remember that for when we send her a package. Thanks for the great suggestion!

Patience and joy - those are both great words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2024, 10:44 AM   #198  
Proud Fan Club Member

The snow started 2 hours ago. We have under an inch so far, but they are saying we could get 4-8". I had demo friend put in a huge stampin up order since I didn't spend any last month. I'm getting 4 SAB items and several other freebies for having my own party! I'm hoping the stuff comes before class because I need to make one more card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2024, 11:35 AM   #199  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

I hear ya on the joy returning Kathy. Me too! However I got your sweet birthday card yesterday so thank you very much!

I opened cards from Ann, Dagmar, Jan and Jayne yesterday that had arrived awhile ago but I was saving them to open closer to my birthday. Thank you so much ladies for all the beauty!

I also got a Christmas card yesterday from Sally in Texas. The envelope was completely mangled and card had suffered as a result. What is with the mail in some areas. I remember I sent a card to Linda several years ago and she reported the same thing that mine to her had gotten trashed/

After a very rainy day and windy yesterday, we have a bit of sun today.

Sorry to hear you have covid Anne. It was pretty bad for us when we got it, but some people say it was just like a mild cold for them. I wish! Funny how it affects everyone differently.

Ann, I hope your back gets better faster than you expected!

Thanks Dagmar for the Happy New Year pic!

Melody I liked your quilt funny. Sadly so true for me. When I made my first nine patch sampler, I restrained myself from buying more fabric. Unfortunately that has not been the case with the cardmaking hobby.

I had bought the bagel seasoning from Trader Joes, but really didn't use it much. Just want to butter my bagel and done, lol...

Hi to Jan, Jean, Sharon, Shelly, Gracie, Linda, Catherine and all.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by shirlb19:
jan31 (01-06-2024), JRHolbrook (01-09-2024), mcschmidty (01-07-2024), smadson (01-06-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 03:53 PM   #200  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,001 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
The snow started 2 hours ago. We have under an inch so far, but they are saying we could get 4-8". I had demo friend put in a huge stampin up order since I didn't spend any last month. I'm getting 4 SAB items and several other freebies for having my own party! I'm hoping the stuff comes before class because I need to make one more card.
we got 3.3 inches yesterday, a very wet snow. It will be good for the Winter wheat.

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smadson: