Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2024, 06:23 AM   #681  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,917 Likes on 2,185 Posts

Happy birthday Lisa! Your card is going to be late! I didn't have your birthday on my calendar or on the address card for you! Don't know how it was missed but I'll get right on it!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (04-10-2024), JRHolbrook (04-11-2024), lovinpaper (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 07:38 AM   #682  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,868 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Happy birthday Lisa! Your card is going to be late! I didn't have your birthday on my calendar or on the address card for you! Don't know how it was missed but I'll get right on it!
Thank you, Kathy. I totally understand if you do not get one sent.

I just got a text from my brother wishing me Happy Birthday. I replied thanking him for the card he sent. I like the gems. It is store bought, but that is fine. Anyway, he responded letting me know that the card I sent him was the only card he received. Everyone else sent him a FB note which he said they are just too cheap to mail a card. I was very surprised as both of my sisters are card makers. I know one is busy as she is substituting, but she is still a SU demo, so she has stuff. I am thinking I need to send each sibling a box of cards so they have no excuses. It is so sad when a family of many siblings can't take the time to mail a card on a birthday. I have received from 3 siblings. One sibling never sends cards so I do not expect anything, however, the other one does.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite

Last edited by lovinpaper; 04-10-2024 at 07:44 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (04-10-2024), JRHolbrook (04-11-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 08:06 AM   #683  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lisa, it went out in today's mail! Luckily I took it down to our mailbox early because we went early today.

I haven't bought a card since 2009. That's when I started creating my own cards. I have thousands of dollars invested in supplies, I would feel guilty buying one! LOL

I'm the main sibling who sends cards. I get one from one sister but the other sister and brother don't usually send birthday cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (04-10-2024), JRHolbrook (04-11-2024), lovinpaper (04-10-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 08:18 AM   #684  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,501 Posts

I have been so busy, I forgot about our April birthdays!

Happy Birthday , Lisa!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smadson:
JRHolbrook (04-11-2024), lovinpaper (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 08:19 AM   #685  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Good morning! I am running late this morning...not sure why, exactly.

Happy, happy birthday, Lisa! I will be extending your celebration as, like Kathy, somehow I didn't have April birthdays on my list. Not sure how that happened! I don't know what happened to your card making siblings who didn't send a card to your brother but I can tell you that one of the people I send Christmas cards to texted me asking if I had simply not sent cards that year. I told him that I sent him one and it never made it to him. It didn't come back to me either so not sure what happened. He is a friend who really appreciates what goes into a card so DD2 and I always pick an extra nice one for him. I guess I'll have to take a photo and send it to him next time just in case it doesn't arrive.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (04-10-2024), JRHolbrook (04-11-2024), lovinpaper (04-10-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 07:59 AM   #686  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Today is supposed to be rather warm (compared to recently) and then, our forecast high tomorrow is 14 degrees lower than today's guess and Saturday's forecast high is 28 degrees lower than today's forecast high! And rain is forecast for Saturday as well. Quite the weather shift if it actually happens like that. I imagine there will be snow further up the hills.

On Tuesday we had the most rude visitor at work that I've seen! Our church secretary was not in because she was sick so I had the "pleasure" of dealing with him. Thankfully the pastor was there. This guy wanted to talk to him and the pastor told him to leave he was that rude. He is the son of the architect who designed our building (he's 29 though) and he was sent to take photos of the building. Not sure why now, we've had the building for a while, long enough to be lived in and have a few dings here and there. So we are doing him a favor to allow him to come and take photos and the son told the secretary when he made the appointment that we needed to have the building "magazine ready." When she told me that I thought it was a little rude but hadn't talked to him and didn't think much about it until I had to deal with him on the phone and in person. After the pastor told him to leave, I told the pastor that we needed to call his dad, the architect, to let him know how his son behaved because that can't be good for his business! Apparently, his son has a history of rude and inappropriate behavior so the architect actually called the pastor to get the scoop on what had happened. He told me he was having a bad day like that makes it OK! Sorry, I'm the mom of girls who told my girls that they didn't get to use their monthly hormone changes as excused to be rude. If they couldn't be nice and control themselves, then they could go to their room until they were able to be around people so having a bad day isn't an excuse to inflict your bad mood on someone else - especially in the professional world! I'm just glad his father is aware of his behavior though I'd recommend that if he wants to keep employing him, he find something for him to do where he will NEVER encounter customers! I think I've only seen people that rude on TV shows and in movies. Unbelievable!

Lisa, I hope you had a good birthday. How did your DH do at making the food? I know I chose easier stuff to make when DH was making my birthday meal.

Kathy, I hope you are feeling better.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
JRHolbrook (04-11-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 08:33 AM   #687  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I typed a diatribe and lost it.

He did well at the meal. He struggles with being too nice in running the dishwasher. He was trying to conserve the hot water, but it ended up not being ran till late in the day and now there is a lot of dishes. I have one load running and will do another one yet today and possibly a few by hand. I hate looking at dirty dishes; it comes from my mother.

My girls gave me Lawn Fawn stamps that go with my How You Bean set. That was fun to get as I did not own these extras. We haven't ordered the gift from my husband. I want the Billy bookcase from Ikea and we just need to make the order. I was waiting for him and he thought I never told him what I want. It is that he doesn't hear me and his head is full of work stuff all of the time.

I had a nice birthday.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
JRHolbrook (04-11-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024), smadson (04-12-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 03:31 PM   #688  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Lisa, belated birthday wishes! I'm glad you had a good day and your husband cooked for you. I'll have to check my list to see if I mailed your card. I thought I had mailed April cards, but not sure. If not, my card will be fashionably late also.

Catherine so sorry you had to deal with that rude man. Making excuses for him will not improve his people skills or attitude. He needs a wake up call or he might find himself with work. Not a fun way to start your day!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
lovinpaper (04-11-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 06:57 AM   #689  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,193 Likes on 1,826 Posts

Morning!

Bad news --The U.S. Postal Service is signaling that the price of a First-Class Mail Forever stamp will increase to 73 cents on July 14, 2024, up by a nickel from the 68 cents one currently costs. When first introduced in 2007, a Forever stamp was 41 cents.

Catherine, that is horrible about the rude man. Where are peoples manners these days?

Lisa, so glad you had a wonderful birthday!! New book case is is for craft stuff?

I'm off to do laundry, I'm trying to only do full loads! Working on genealogy again too! Got rid of two binders of information, all scanned in and loaded up to Ancestry.com!! Happy days! Now to do the other 28 binders! I'll get there!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (04-12-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 07:15 AM   #690  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,597 Posts

I've had a busy couple of days, which is quite unusual. Sunny here today, a little cold, I think, rather windy.
On Wednesday, I met my daughter for coffee at Bean Juice, then headed north for a haircut. My beautician is delightful, they have decided to move back to Alaska, closer to family, just better for them, I think. So I will be breaking in a new hair person. I'm pretty oblivious to my hair so it's fine. Then I came home, Zoomed a bit with friends, then had an over three hour phone chat with my friend in CT. We talk maybe 3-4 times a year and it's always long. Not my cup of tea but it's fine. Yesterday, I was able to create a bit, then went downtown to a place called Pump House Art Center. It's an old building that used to be a pump house for the fire department. LaCrosse is very good at keeping old buildings and restoring them. They have revolving art galleries and there are plays and other events happening there. I'm hoping to make some art connections. Then I walked a bit, had an ice cream cone (Girl Scout Thin Mint) at The Pearl, visited the book store, headed home because I had melted ice cream fall on me, then went to pick up my youngest grand from school. Then an hour later we headed to Clare's first track meet of the season. She is running sprints because, as her mother says, she doesn't have the fortitude to run longer distances. She's happy so we're happy. It was supposed to rain, never did. That seems to happen often here. It was very windy and I think it just blew over. I got very chilled by the end so was anxious to go home, eat some food, get cozy. Today, not much going on.
My back porch/deck is progressing. Scott worked on it on Wednesday night after work, he will work tonight and then hoping a lot of progress will happen on Sunday. He promises he will cover up the openings where the birdies are trying create new birdy babies. Three of the four sides of my house have birds coming in and out of openings.
I think there is a church rummage near me so I'll probably hit that and I want to make my chicken tortellini salad. There is an art sale at UWL this coming week, art students pottery and art. My cup of tea for sure. Not sure what else but there really is a lot going on around here. I could be running around all the time but I'm such a home body, I forget about events.
Have a good weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (04-12-2024), JRHolbrook (04-12-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 07:17 AM   #691  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lisa, glad you had a good birthday.
Pooh about postage but it's inevitable.
Laundry is inevitable too.
Rudeness shouldn't be inevitable but it is.
Those are my thoughts for today.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (04-12-2024), JRHolbrook (04-12-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 08:29 AM   #692  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Postage increases keep happening, which means less people mail things, especially cards.

Yes, the bookcase is for my craft room. My stamps live in containers. They are Sterlite clear containers with lids and handles. They stack well. I have them sorted by company and some are by subject within company. This is 20 years of stamps. I would like bookcases so I can take the SU ones out of the containers and pull them from a shelf. They will hopefully be easier to use so I will use more of them.

We moved here 12 years ago and I took the smallest bedroom for my craft room. I use pieces of furniture that were used in other rooms in our old house. I have a small cabinet that was in my kitchen holding canisters and nice dishes. I have a small cabinet with shelves and a door. It has many punches and odds and ends. My alcohol markers are on top in trays. My work table was in the entry way where I placed photos. I have a 2 drawer file cabinet where I have white paper in the bottom drawer and a few colored sheets. The top drawer can't hold too much as it will not close easily. One day I hope to replace it with a new filing cabinet to hold more of my paper. I have 4 Sterlite ShowOffs containers holding colored paper from SU and Gina K. If I had them in a filing cabinet, more of them would be used. That is my craft room in a nutshell. I am thankful that I have a space as I didn't have a space till we moved here. I do have a nice office chair.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
annsforte3 (04-12-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 08:37 AM   #693  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Last night, for date night, DH and I went to a movie called Somebody Like You based on a Karen Kingsbury book. Karen is an author of Christian fiction and, I think, an excellent story teller. We enjoyed the movie. If it is near you, I recommend it!

Did I mention that we picked up the Camry on Wednesday? DD2 is so happy to be back to driving it instead of the 2000 Sienna. She is looking for her own car to purchase, she has been saving, saving, saving for it. Gas prices here are horrendous though, $5/gallon.

Lisa, I'm glad you had a good dinner. Sorry about all the dishes though! Your DH sounds like he might be a bit absent minded because he is always thinking about something else. My DH is like that too.

Gracie, the rude young man's father told the pastor that he told his son he has to come back and apologize. He's 29! I imagine he won't do it and that is fine with me as I don't believe it would be sincere. I can pray for him but would rather not have to deal with him again.

Ann, 73 cents for a first class postage stamp?! Yikes! I know they have rising costs to deal with just like the rest of us but do think they could make changes to be more efficient. I'm not sure why they haven't gone to only delivering mail Monday-Friday, I would think that would save them money. Of course, congress gets involved and they can't make the changes they need to make. Here where I live, there are a lot of little post offices close together. I would absolutely hate to lose the one that is between my freeway off ramp and home. The ladies who work there are so nice and pleasant and helpful but the reality is that every little wide spot in the road having a post office location isn't efficient for business either.

Jean, your Wednesday sounds like a busy day filled with fun. I'm glad there has been progress on your porch too.

Speaking of laundry, I should go check on mine.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (04-12-2024), jkanack (04-12-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 08:42 AM   #694  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lisa, it sounds like you have a wonderfully, organized craft room making do with what you had. That is wonderful! I make my living room messy because I craft in the living room. I do try to keep things neat but sometimes! That said, I wanted to be in the living room because that is where the family is. In the rental house that we had between our house down in the suburbs and our current house, I had a small bedroom that was my crafting space and I was cut off from everyone when I was in there. It is a good thing I wanted to be where the family was since there isn't a room for me to have in this house! (I suppose I could take over DD1's room since she is away at college most of the year.)

I love the variety of preferences for crafty spaces.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (04-12-2024), lovinpaper (04-12-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 09:35 AM   #695  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree that I wish the Post Office was more efficient as they keep raising the prices. We live in central MO in a city with an airport and had a sorting center for the USPS for years. They closed the airport facility they had, which lost jobs, closed the sorting facility here, more jobs, and now our mail all goes to St. Louis to be sorted and brought back. That slows it down a lot. My sister's birthday was April 3 and I mailed her card the week before. The got it yesterday. She lives in Arkansas, so her mail traveled to St. Louis, then to somewhere else, probably Little Rock before it went back up North to her house. Crazy. The slowness of mail delivery means I have to mail cards for specific dates earlier than needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (04-12-2024), mcschmidty (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 10:13 AM   #696  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Like the weather forecasters, I try not to be too hard on the PO. I wonder what Ben Franklin would say about today's PO. Just imagine how long it took for letters to be delivered back then. I feel lucky that I can afford to send a card or two or three. I think the sheer volume of mail that criss crosses this country and the world is mind boggling.
I think I can top the mail going to St. Louis. Mail from LaCrosse or to LaCrosse goes to St. Paul, MN first...out of state. It's been that way since my daughter started college here in 2000. don't know if there was ever a distribution center close to here in the state. This side of the state is more rural. I agree with just delivering M-F
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
lovinpaper (04-12-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 10:06 PM   #697  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello!
We went out to dinner last night with my sisters and husbands. My stomach did not like something.... we did Mexican and have met at this restaurant a couple of times in the past. One of my sisters had the same reaction to the food.... Not sure what it was that bothered us......
My sisters and I are all 3 years apart....! My eldest sisters hubby will be 70 this June! He dies not want a party, but we will go there and have a Birthday dinner, then letterbox the next day while the guys golf. Sounds perfect to me! LOL There is a Great Lakes Letterboxing event close by to my sisters.... it is a pretty big event, soi I hope the sisters like it!

Lisa- Happy Belated Birthday! I am still on the March Birthdays, so your card will be fashionably late- so sorry! I agree about sending cards, and mine are either early or fashionably late......to my siblings and family. I have been making cards for my Grandson- who will be 5 in May...and trying to send 2 x's a month.

Catherine- I have had cards mailed not show up as well! That is so frustrating! So sorry you had to deal with the rude kid- no excuse. I feel for parents who have kids that behave like that! And, Whola- your gas is high! We have had such a sharp spike in prices in the last 2 weeks!

Ann- thanks for the heads up on the spike in postal rates! Seems like we just had a spike. Jayne was telling us on Whatsapp that the postal were raised very high in her area, especially International rates.

Jean- How was the track meet? For Katie- I would spend hours at the meets. When Stephi ran, I would have her let me know when she was 2-3 events away and would head over and just catch her events. Katie ran sprints, Stephi like the longer distance running ( and still does).
The Art Center sounds interesting how did you like it? Hope you score some great finds at the rummage sale!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
lovinpaper (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 03:07 PM   #698  
Proud Fan Club Member

Strong storms coming through right now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2024, 08:25 AM   #699  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Yesterday afternoon we had tickets to see The Scarlett Pimpernel at one of the local colleges. We have been to two previous productions at this college and the young man who play the pimpernel is an amazing actor so I have been looking forward to this production. He - and the rest of the cast - did not disappoint! Fantastic production, beautifully done, amazing costumes. Wonderful event to attend, I'll be sorry when this young man graduates.

Jean, if I sounded like I was being hard on the post office, my apologies. I think, overall, we have an excellent mail service. For me, it is more frustrating that congress controls what they can and can't do. And then, like any large organization, some hot shot makes decisions and thinks they should be applied across the board when not all the board is the same! My uncle was a mail carrier and I remember him being so frustrated when some executive in Portland made rules for the carriers and wanted them applied throughout the state. Well, mail delivery in Pendleton isn't the same as Portland where, for downtown at least, they have similar sized blocks and you can get your mail delivered in x amount of time. In Pendleton, some of the neighborhoods (actually some of them in Portland too, to be honest) have larger blocks and you just can't get it done that quickly. Plus my uncle knew the people on his route and knew that at this house, a senior lady lived alone so he also was checking up on the people who lived on his route. He got the mail delivered and provided human contact for those who lived alone etc. That was a very frustrating time for my uncle.

So, sometimes those closings of sorting facilities are probably being done by people who don't realize all the problems they are creating. They probably also have more information at their fingertips than we have so it looked logical where it looks foolish to us.

Shelly, that rude "kid" is 29 years old! From my perspective, not a kid any longer. His brain may even be fully formed by 29 (I forget what age they say a male's brain is fully formed, it is definitely well later than the age of 1. And yes, I do feel sorry for his parents.

Sorry that restaurant caused a reaction for you, hoping you feel better now.

Yes, we have very high gas prices - highest in the United States - even higher than Hawaii according to the AAA chart I just looked at. Isn't that special?

Kathy, I hope the strong storms didn't cause any damage for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2024, 09:04 AM   #700  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, I certainly didn't mean to be judgmental of your point of view. Having a relative who has worked for a company or agency certainly can affect one's point of view and I've never had that experience with the postal service. My Grandpa was a lawyer and was justice of the peace in the village I grew up in. He was also village clerk and I've worked the elections so I get it when the government gets involved. I don't know how the postal service could survive without the government being involved. I guess you could say the same things with any type of company. I worked for Target and some of their decisions were nuts.
I don't know a lot about The Scarlet Pimpernel so I looked it up....written by a woman. I so miss going to the theater. I'm going to start going to some plays here as I've discovered that the colleges put on some good productions and the art council also. I think there is one this coming weekend that I want to see. I'm also going to join a group of drawers this Wednesday. They meet every Wednesday at various locations, this week it's the library, which is a neutral location that works for me. They also meet in homes so I'll have to see how I feel about that. Some of them are former art teachers, which could be intimidating. I'll take my Zentangle stuff. I was referred to this group by a young woman at the art center, who had never heard of Zentangle. I was surprised at that. I had never heard of it when I started doing it but that was years ago. I don't draw well so maybe I can learn something from them.
I have relatives who are involved in theater in the Madison, WI area and I should probably go down there at some point to see some productions. And of course there is Minneapolis.
More work happened on my porch yesterday, to the point that I now have some railing and stairs so I can use it. Yayayayayay!!!!!!! He also covered up the openings where the birds were trying to enter. I'm still hearing a little but it is much better.
Another track meet tomorrow night. I guess the meets run, rain or shine and we are going to have rain, so they say, tomorrow night.
My daughter and the girls are dealing with a lot of colds/maybe allergies/respiratory stuff going on. Clare is home from school today, she has a cough, yesterday she sounded like she was going to lose her voice, MIrren is coughing, no idea what it all is.
I went for a walk yesterday with a neighbor that I've met. Not sure how old she is, I always assume people are older than me, don't know why I do that. She has a son who lives with her, he could be about the age of my kids. She seems like a nice lady.
Well that's all for now. Take care, everyone. Hope you all finished your taxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2024, 08:15 AM   #701  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Happy day after tax day for those of us in the US.

Jean, yes, that seems to be true of any company. Someone high up (who possibly has never even worked in a store/branch/whatever that company has) gets a "brilliant" idea (or so they think) and they run with it. Those companies often pay consultants ridiculous amounts of money to help them improve their business too. When they could possibly get the same ideas - or even better ones - if they would just ask their employees who actually do the jobs.

Years ago I worked for a national furniture manufacturer that had assembly plants all over the US. I spent one summer working in the factory - which was hot and sweaty - and sometimes not fun. I worked in the packing department where we would pack up parts to ship to assembly plants. When we didn't have the parts we needed, we would be reassigned to work in the milling areas etc so I got a lot of experience with how things worked. The next summer (and every summer after that) I worked in the office with lovely ladies who had never worked in the factory. They wouldn't understand why someone didn't just ....whatever and I knew because of my summer out there. Really illustrated to me why someone needs to experience the company from the ground up so to speak.

That is surprising that the person at the art center hadn't heard of zentangle! And yay for getting railing and stairs for your porch plus the openings covered. Progress!

I would definitely recommend checking out the colleges for their drama productions. They can be quite good.

And it is definitely allergy time out here anyway. Blowing my nose, sneezing, etc all the fun associated with allergies. Your poor girls dealing with that and track meets where they are outside in the allergens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2024, 06:00 AM   #702  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Wednesday!
Let's just say that if one is at the bottom of the pile in a company, one is at the mercy of all those higher up.
So I forgot that I was meeting with my daughter at 11 so I can only meet with the drawing people for a little while. That's ok, I just want to see what they do and if I could fit in. My daughter has clients today but has a break at 11 so we'll meet at The Root Note, a favorite place that she can walk to from her office. Then I think I'll hang around downtown a bit, bookstore, antique mall, that kind of thing.
Wednesday isn't ideal actually as my granddaughter Mirren only has a half day of school on Wednesdays and I often have to pick her up. Next year that will go away because she will be in middle school. Hurray for that, Liz will finally have the whole day on Wednesdays....first time in forever. Daddy will pick up Mirren today.
My back porch is almost finished!!!!! All that remains is the top pieces on the railings. Scott did a wonderful job of keeping at it. It's probably not as perfect as the front porch because Dave the contractor is really fussy and likes to talk things through. That's why he is so good. He did come over and help Scott with a few questions.
Birds are still flying at my house on the west side....don't know what they are after. Darn them. Good thing I generally like birds.
Rainy today, somewhat yesterday also. We had some thunder but I never saw lightening. One of the days this past weekend was the worst in WI for wild fires yet this spring. Keep that rain coming, at least every few days. Haven't heard any issues with the Mississippi flooding. Didn't get enough snow, probably.
Yesterday I was cruising Facebook and an ad popped up for a food truck that occasionally stops in LaCrosse. They were at the Menards here so I went over to check them out, since all the reviews were great. Oh my, probably the best cod fish fry I've ever had. French fries were awesome too. They're from Iowa so I think they tend to cruise up this side of the state.
Well that's it for me today. Be well, everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2024, 08:04 AM   #703  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It seems to be a busy day here with some utility contractors doing some tree trimming on our street. I'm surprised that Wesley isn't at the window watching their every move. This morning DH went into the office because today is service awards. The company recognizes every five years of service and DH is being recognized for thirty years as they are counting the time he worked for Cerner and Oracle as time worked for them (which is what he was doing though with a different name on the pay check).

I haven't made my R card yet. I know what location I want to do but haven't figured out the card design.

Everyone must be very busy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2024, 08:20 PM   #704  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,165 Likes on 498 Posts

wrong thread sorry

Last edited by hotwheels; 04-18-2024 at 09:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2024, 05:13 AM   #705  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Since you all heard my thinking on a birthday gift, I changed my mind on the bookcase. I realized I did not have the energy needed to switch all of the contents to a bookcase, nor does my husband have the energy to put one together. So, I shopped for more crafting goodies. I used my discount code with Lawn Fawn and found new things that I will love creating with. I will have the complete embroidery dies of theirs when this order arrives. I am enjoying stitching and love their dies and patterns. I am going to give their glue a try. I tried fine tip bottles that I fill myself and they were a disaster. They worked for a short time than began having issues, so I will try another kind. Kelly shows tiny dots she is able to make with her glue tube in the video.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 06:04 AM   #706  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lisa, my sweet petunia has a glue gun that looks perfect. Wish they sold them around here. Guess I should see if my LSS could order it for me. My small tip bottle works week, but needs to be filled often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2024, 06:48 AM   #707  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Lisa, my sweet petunia has a glue gun that looks perfect. Wish they sold them around here. Guess I should see if my LSS could order it for me. My small tip bottle works week, but needs to be filled often.
Some day I may try it or purchase Bearly Arts Glue or Art Glitter Glue. I bought Crafter's Companion small bottles that I can fill with any glue I have, and it oozed out from under the cap with the first bottle after a few weeks. Then I switched the bottle to a new tip and then it began behaving badly, so I gave it up. There is still glue in that bottle and I hate to waste it, so I will probably uncap it and use it on a paper and use a stick of sorts to be able to use it. I hate wasting liquid glue that I paid good money for.

I hear wonderful things about the glue press.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 07:12 AM   #708  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday, Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 07:15 AM   #709  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I have the glue gun and I dislike it. It is currently clogged up!! Have to find a pin to see if I can get it open.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
lovinpaper (04-18-2024), mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 07:30 AM   #710  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am looking at Fineline Applicators by the company Fineline. They get great reviews on any site and there is a sale today at StewMac (guitar gear site) and my husband has free shipping with them. There is a reason I have so many guitar stamps to use with my R card. I think I will have him order these bottles and I can transfer my Tombow glue to one and see how it goes. Sometimes I need the fine line of glue. The guitarists use these bottles for stain, paint, and glues. I had no idea how many supplies they have that crafters can use.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (04-18-2024), mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 07:32 AM   #711  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, do you let the tip rest on the silicone piece? I think the tip needs to be resting on that when not in use or it will clog.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 07:35 AM   #712  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Kathy, it sits on it all the time! And it still happened!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2024, 08:05 AM   #713  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy birthday, Shelly! Your card will be fashionably late - but I did get it in the mail before your birthday! I hope you are enjoying a fabulous day today.

The tree trimmers are back again today. At the moment, they are working at the end of the court. I sure hope no one from Gene's house needs to get out because they can't right now!

Lisa, more crafty goodies sounds fabulous too. And your birthday card is finally in the mail too.

My daughter (DD2) gifted the My Sweet Petunia glue gun to me for Christmas and I love it. If I'm not going to be crafting for several days, I will put the cap back on the bottle but most of the time it sits uncapped on the silicone thing and I haven't had any problems like Ann has experienced. Sorry you are having trouble with it, Ann. I have the fine tip cap on it. That said, I've seen people get fine dots/lines of glue with the Bearly Arts glue too. A long time ago I got some small bottles with fine tips for putting glue in and having that fine line of glue come out. I never even opened them to try them! Shame on me! They are still in one of my desk drawers.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (04-18-2024), lovinpaper (04-18-2024), mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 09:34 AM   #714  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 948 Likes on 339 Posts

Happy ,Happy Birthday Shelly. I hope you have a beautiful day.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by gutsport56:
annsforte3 (04-18-2024), lovinpaper (04-18-2024), mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 12:22 PM   #715  
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday Shelly. My card will probably be late. I just mailed it Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 09:33 AM   #716  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is a lovely and sunny day here and I need to get busy cleaning house - and go check on the laundry.

DD2 is busy not only with work but also ramping up with her decorations etc for VBS. She has a short shift today but will head down to the church to work more on VBS stuff. The theme this year is SCUBA - Super Cool Undersea Bible Adventure - and she is busy making strange looking underwater plants. Yesterday she was cutting TP and paper towel cores into about 1 inch thick sections, thread them onto a wooden dowel, and then adding pipe cleaners here and there with more 1 inch thick TP core sections on them. Then she spray painted the whole thing for a strange underwater plant look that will be fastened to the wall.

Also yesterday, one of wonderful ladies at the church stopped by with an underwater plant she had created with spray insulation foam, sea shells, and spray paint. She saw the theme and was just trying to create something that DD2 could use - or not if she didn't want. DD2 didn't even know this sweet lady was doing this! So it was a wonderful surprise for her and it turned out great.

Shelly, I hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 01:56 PM   #717  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

VSN is LIVE! Hoping to see you there. Master challenge thread is Here

Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 12:46 PM   #718  
Proud Fan Club Member

These guys have infectious laughter and good clean dad jokes!

https://youtube.com/shorts/x4fIWNoN5...R8XuXoFQMFsuGF
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (04-21-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 07:57 AM   #719  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Here it is Monday again and I didn't get to do any crafting over the weekend. I'm always hopeful though. I did get some chores done that I have been putting off for a while so it feels good to have those off my list. And I went through a box of photos - they were in a big shipping box and some of them were getting damaged by being bent etc. They are now - mostly - in three photo storage boxes because yesterday when I went in to see DD2 at work - and see their new self checkout registers that her store finally got - they had photo storage boxes on a huge sale - buy one get two free so it was time to deal with that big box. It was such a hodge podge of photos in there - some of my mom's photos, mine, copies of photos (actual copies on photo paper not copy paper). Everything from copies of photos of my ancestors to photos from the girls' teen years. It will be quite the organizational project. And, of course, I had a bunch of 8x10 and a few larger that don't fit in the photo boxes.

Question - do you keep your negatives? Or do you skip that now because you can just scan and reprint the photo?

Kathy, those guys were funny. Thanks for the chuckles, a great way to start my Monday.

Melody, no crafting meant no VSN for me either....that is a bummer. I did participate in the Paper Crafters Get Organized Summit so I was busy watching the videos I wanted to watch during the 24 hours they were available which is another reason I didn't have a chance to craft.

I am contemplating taking my SU stamp sets out of the cases they come in (which I love) and moving them to stamp pockets because that will take less storage room. I probably really need to go through my stamp sets and purge some of them. How do you decide whether to purge or keep a stamp/stamp set?

I hope everyone is well, chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2024, 05:02 PM   #720  
Proud Fan Club Member

Who was it that liked zentangle? Maybe Melody? I found this today.

https://youtu.be/qMzmeso91js?si=VMwA-a3Vl3xU42rC
Reply With Quote Likes