Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2024, 10:54 AM   #561  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

nature center, newspaper office, nana's house...
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (03-13-2024), jkanack (03-14-2024), smadson (03-14-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 10:56 AM   #562  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

nursery, which of course has more than one meaning.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-13-2024), jkanack (03-14-2024), JRHolbrook (03-18-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 08:02 AM   #563  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Good morning! It is chilly overnight here but sunny outside this morning. Yesterday morning when I came out of my room, I realized that the fire had gone out overnight so it was a little chilly inside too. I had been doing so great with the fire in DH's absence too!

I made my M card last night - it definitely took quite a bit of work. You have to get creative when you don't have the supplies to make the card you want!

Ann, the location challenges has been fun...and challenging!

Lisa, it sounds like your family is full of creative ideas for locations!

Keep those creative ideas....for when we get to a more challenging letter!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (03-14-2024), jkanack (03-14-2024), JRHolbrook (03-18-2024), lovinpaper (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 11:13 AM   #564  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good afternoon. Rainy, rainy, rainy today. It's been coming down pretty heavily. And the grass is turning green.

Yesterday we had our taxes done. Good to have that out of the way.

Ann, I also like the location theme this round. You can probably tell that I tend to think outside the box to come up with something unusual. Have to work with the stamps I own.

DH went to the gym to swim some laps, so the house is quiet.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (03-14-2024), JRHolbrook (03-18-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 12:35 PM   #565  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Hi ho, Jean the Bean here. We're gloomy today, supposed to rain soon (the rain missed us!). I looked at the radar earlier, looked like it was heading right at us, it went south.
This has been a quiet week for me. This morning, I started putzing in the basement. I have a shelving unit that I could put up but need to move some things around. It isn't a shelving unit that can handle a lot, a little rickety, but it would be useful for now. But I need help moving some things. I have some trunks that are way too heavy for just me. I am anxious for the huge bath tub in my store room to go away so I can make better use of that room. There are a lot of things I'm anxious for. I'm actually seeing birds going in and out of the soffits, through very small ventilation holes. It's going to be a mess. Sigh.
I just finished my first small batch of tumbled Lake Superior stones. I'm really happy with how they turned out. Picture below.
An odd thing happened this morning. I went to make a cup of coffee but suddenly, the thought of hot coffee didn't excite me. Usually in May is when I feel that way and stop drinking hot until fall. I like iced coffee too. So this morning, I had iced. I think I was particularly thirsty. I think my inner clock is a little messed up with this warmer weather.
so there are two pics below...one is of my polished stones, the second is in honor of pi day, which is also Albert Einstein's birthday. Pretty cool coincidence. It's also the anniversary of Stephen Hawking's death. Yes, I have a little Einstein planter for one of my orchids. I also have a Beethoven planter with a pancake plant.
Have a good day, what's left of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-20240314_104713.jpg   Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-20240314_111750.jpg  

Last edited by jkanack; 03-14-2024 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (03-14-2024), jan31 (03-14-2024), JRHolbrook (03-18-2024), lacyquilter (03-14-2024), mcschmidty (03-14-2024), smadson (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 12:42 PM   #566  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,000 Likes on 1,508 Posts

No photos, Jean.

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2024, 12:55 PM   #567  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

photos are there now. I putzed too long posting my novel and I had to refresh the page. So I copied what I wrote, just in case I totally lost it but forgot that the pictures wouldn't be there. Thanks, Sharon!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
JRHolbrook (03-18-2024), smadson (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 03:48 PM   #568  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Your polished rocks are pretty, Jean. And great planter.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
annsforte3 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 08:47 PM   #569  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies! Popping in to say hello!
I had a day to myself today- Ray went into the office for the afternoon.

I made Chicken Noodle soup- large pot, so when I opened the Tupperware cupboard, it started me on another project! What a disaster! Much better now and many unmatched lids and containers in the recycling now. When they go in the dishwasher, the lids get distorted and don't fit anymore.

Katie had a roommate in college who had a pup that had a pacemaker! LOL I had never known they reused them either. He had to be in the 'pup' Intensive care afterwards and the family told us it costs $10,000! Whola!

I am caught up on the thread, sadly I need to get cracking on this round of cards! I am so darn far behind on cardmaking! ATC's are almost all done -2 more swaps until June arrives- one for waterfall ATC's. My problem has been that the PO is sooooo sllloooowwww, that I have to mail everything earlier than expected. One envelope from here to Maine took 2 weeks to arrive! It used to take 3-4 days.....

The weekend retreat was a blast, but I ended up staying an extra night due to the time change, plus Ohio is in the Eastern time Zone! I was so tired after being in class all day, and by the time I ate dinner- nope! It was about a 5 hour trip. Plus stops.....

I am going to take a trip to Costa Rica the last week of the month with Katie -her Spring break... and Ray will be home alone...oh- he will be here with the dog! LOL. I want another dog and he says no...... Anyway, Katie is an energizer bunny, walks about 20,000 steps a day. I hope I will be able to keep up with her!

Jean mentioned she loves Jayne Austin, so I have been reading a couple of her books. Pride and Prejudice which I loved, and now on to Sense and Sensibility.

Off to wind down- I have to get on an earlier schedule this week...LOL I can do this!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 11:08 AM   #570  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone! Happy Friday! DH comes home this afternoon. I talked with DD1 this morning and she is exhausted because they had thunder and lightning most of the night and the dog she is watching, Foster, was very afraid so she didn't get much sleep. She is planning to have her roommate over tomorrow and so needs to clean the house and make her spaghetti sauce...which she said sounded like fun yesterday but now sounds exhausting!

She is going to Spain at the end of the school year as the elite choir is going there for tour so we will be further delayed before we get to see her. It will be such a great experience though.

DD2 got off work early so she is home already and I haven't gotten the cleaning done yet as I've been having a relaxing morning...which is now afternoon. I have gotten the laundry under way though.

We'd like more rain, Melody, send it our way.

Jean, lovely rocks and fun planter. I hadn't realized that Einstein was born on March 14th - that is perfect! I drink hot coffee year round which, if I am treating myself to fancy coffee, throws the baristas off. I will clearly order hot coffee but they get on auto-pilot and make iced and then have to make it again. I guess I'm a trouble maker.

Shelly, isn't it lovely to have a day to yourself at home? I must ask, are these lids that are getting distorted actually Tupperware or just plastic food storage containers that so many people call Tupperware though it isn't actually that brand? I mean, even Tupperware indicates that some of their pieces should only be top level in the dishwasher. Just curious, because Tupperware usually has a better quality than say, Rubbermaid and the other plastic brands out there.

How fun to go to Costa Rica, I'm sure you'll have a fun time. Good luck with the earlier schedule thing, I suck at that personally.

Well, off to clean the house.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (03-18-2024), JRHolbrook (03-18-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 07:31 AM   #571  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Saturday, ladies. I just wanted to let you all know, there is a new hostess call for VSN (April 19-20). Here's the link:

Famous Last Words Hostess Call Out
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
Old 03-17-2024, 03:15 PM   #572  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello, everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day! It is a lovely, sunny day here and seems to be warming up...sadly! DH is home, yay! It was quite the adventure to get him home from the airport because it was peak Friday afternoon traffic. In fact, we opted for some surface streets to get past some of the worst traffic areas. DD1 is done with her house sitting gig which she has enjoyed immensely.

Quiet on here, are you all out celebrating being Irish for the day?

Hmm, Melody, Famous Last Words sound like fun though, as per usual, my mind has gone blank. I'll have to think about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 03:48 PM   #573  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,764 Likes on 1,875 Posts

Kathy has asked for prayer for her son. Pray for Kathy and her husband also as they deal with this. He was taken to the hospital on Thursday, lift Flighted to another hospital on Friday. He is in ICU. She posted on the Need Prayer group if you want to read and respond. Need Prayer? You've got a partner here! #3 by muscrat at Splitcoaststampers

Look for thread #4531.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Old 03-17-2024, 03:54 PM   #574  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Lisa. I am praying for Kathy.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (03-18-2024), JRHolbrook (03-18-2024), lovinpaper (03-17-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 03:56 PM   #575  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for letting us know, Lisa. I am praying.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-18-2024), lovinpaper (03-17-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 05:43 AM   #576  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sending good thoughts to Kathy and family. How worrisome...
Good morning, everyone. Sunny but cold here. We are going to stay chilly, might get a 'frozen mix' later this week. My family up north had what looked like a blizzard yesterday, very little snow stuck, there was nothing on the radar to speak of. I'm guessing it was lake effect from Lake Superior. That won't show up on radar.
I typically don't do much for St. Patrick's, although green is my favorite color. No Irish inside me and too much drinking going on. I did make corned beef in the crock pot yesterday, along with some roasted carrots and mashed potatoes. No cabbage for me, although I have roasted it and I like that. I like any veg roasted. Boy was the grocery store busy yesterday. Maybe it always is on a Sunday morning. Hot ham and hard rolls are traditional Sunday fare.
Catherine, how awesome about your daughter going to Spain. I'm assuming that you mean it's going to get too hot soon in CA. Our family dog was very nervous during thunder storms. If we didn't get Barney outside before it really started, we were in trouble. Poor guy. We dog sat once for a cousin's dog, worst dog sit I've ever done. He was a sweet boy but we had thunderstorms the whole week he was with us...excessive drooling and he would climb into the bathtub, which I guess wasn't a bad place to drool. But he was a huge dog, hard to get out.
Speaking of pet sitting, I will be cat sitting for my daughter's three cats, starting Thursday for a whole week. I don't have to stay there but I will go over three times a day for feeding and cleaning out the litter box. They actually have one of those big ball things so no scooping. I'll probably spend a little time there every day, just to reassure them. One of the cats is an escape artist so I'll have to be careful going out the door. I don't move fast enough.
Oh Shelly, I am quite envious of your traveling. 20,000 steps! Holy cow. don't forget your good shoes. I admire your adventurous nature with going all over with letter boxing.
It's a toss up what Jane Austen I love the most. P and P was the first one I read, lost count of how many times I've re-read it or watched the movies. But I do like Emma a lot. The Gwyneth Paltrow version is delightful.
And speaking of pacemakers, my sister said Dale's new pacemaker cost almost 30K and that's just the device. They were supposed to meet with a patient advocate on Friday but she cancelled very last minute. Basically they want to express concern for the care that Dale has been receiving. I'm suspicious that she cancelled for a reason other than family emergency. There is a procedure he could have where they take out the old leads and put new ones in but it's fairly major. You have to get through all the scar tissue. Janet and Dale are willing to go anywhere so that Dale has the best outcome. Dale has very good insurance and money isn't that much of an issue. It's about quality of life.
So we have a primary coming up here. I have an absentee ballot, just in case I don't want to go in to vote. But I'm woefully unprepared for whom to vote. I need to find out some info. There are also two referendums which I'm usually very bad at figuring out. Fortunately a friend sent me an email explaining everything. I also have to find someone to witness my ballot. I find it very confusing how different each state does elections. I might start working the polls again if they need someone but for now, I wanted to 'get the lay of the land.' Don't even know where I would vote.
Guess that's enough from me today. Not much on my agenda today. Work in the basement a bit, go to the library.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2024, 08:00 AM   #577  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is definitely warming up here - for now - though next weekend looks cooler and maybe even some rain.

The water company is on the court doing some repairs. I had noticed water in the driveway where my neighbor parks and he started parking in front of his house. They are here to fix whatever that problem is. My concern is that, a few months ago, they were here fixing something at the end of the court and now, a couple months later, here they are fixing something next door. Is this repair going to cause them to need to come fix something at our place? Time will tell, I guess.

Kathy, I woke up thinking about your son and your whole family and praying.

Jean, yes, I mean it will be too hot in CA too soon, for me, at least. Every summer....

When you say they have one of those big ball things for your daughter's cats, do you mean something like the Litter Robot? That is what DD2 has for Wesley. She saved her money and bought one and likes it so much better than dealing with a litter box. Wesley only gets food twice a day - morning she gets her kibble which is available to her all day long and then, in the evening, she gets kibble, a hairball control treat, and chicken.

I hope they can get some good resolution for Dale, I'm glad he has very good insurance.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 08:35 AM   #578  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Happy Monday everyone. So sorry to hear about your son Kathy, thinking of you and your family.

I've had a busy week and seems like I will be busy again this week. I hate to talk about my health as I always said I don't want to be a complaining old person. However, my knee replacement has been a journey that I wish I'd never been on. Oh well, eventually things will work out...things could be worse. My good leg is now 3/4" to an inch shorter than my left leg, which has caused hip pain an makes it hard to sleep at night. I'm tired and a bit down, but trying to get back to my feisty, wise-cracking and joyful self.

Catherine, thanks for the chocolate cake recipe. I LOVE chocolate! I probably will never make it because I'd eat the whole thing! LOL

Off to the doctor again. Have a great week.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 08:39 AM   #579  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Judy, I hope the doctor has a help for balancing your legs. Possibly you need a lift for the foot on the shorter leg. Orthopedic changes are often helpful for us, but do have issues down the road. I lost a full inch since I stopped growing. This is due to injury on my left foot and losing a disc to back fusion.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM   #580  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,196 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Prayers for you and your family Kathy. Big hugs! No that all of us Alpha are with you in spirit.

Gracie, sorry to hear about the one leg being shorter. Will they make you a lift for your shoes?
My one DIL has one for her shoes, since one leg has always been shorter then the other.

Shelly, that is wonderful that you get to travel with your daughter! Why Costa Rica? Is it a place she has always wanted to visit?

Jean we had snow flurries this morning! It is cold but the winds are not strong today!

I had to go to the chiro this morning! Back is giving me grief again! Could be baking 100 eclairs threw it out. Chiro dude says it is muscular! Yup my right side is in pain!

Have a good day everyone!! Hugs to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 04:25 PM   #581  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, my son went to Costa Rica to help supervise a high school trip. He's a principal. He loved it there. Enjoy!

Ann sorry to hear about your back. Hope it's better. Yes, I have heel lifts for my right shoe now, and still use my cane.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 04:34 PM   #582  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yeah for the heel lift, Gracie. Glad you use the cane. Nothing wrong with using aides to help walk and get around. I am younger than you and always use a walking device. I can't walk without one as my MS progresses. PT helps for a time, then the nerves decide to not work as well. So I love the canes and my walkers as I need them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2024, 05:21 PM   #583  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the encouragement, Lisa! Like I said, things could be much worse. I like PT. It helped me a lot. Take care!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (03-18-2024), lovinpaper (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 06:18 PM   #584  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, praying for your son. And all you other ladies who are in pain. Hope you are feel better soon.

I played and got my N card done already.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-18-2024), muscrat (03-18-2024), smadson (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 06:37 PM   #585  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, you are on it! I am still thinking!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 07:11 PM   #586  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Prayers for your son, Kathy and your entire family!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (03-19-2024), muscrat (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 12:56 AM   #587  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Hello to all
Continued prayers for your son Kathy!
And Gracie- prayers for you to resolve knee and hip issues. Dang!
My DD1 wanted to go to Guatemala..... too much crime there for me, so I gave her a few options- Puerto Rico, Costa Rica or Hawaii.... All three on my want to visit list.... My hubby is not so keen on the first 2 locations, and we went to Hawaii on our honeymoon, so maybe would like to visit there together. DD1 chose Costa Rico..... We are not getting to the far Western part of CR, so may need to go again- maybe with hubby at a later date! LOL

Corned Beef and Cabbage here for St Patricks Day- will have left overs and I will make Reuben sandwiches : ) My Dad was 100% Irish..... They do not eat Corned Beef in Ireland...! Go figure. But I love it!

At the workshop I attended last weekend, I learned carving stamps- not gauge or exacto- but using a needle.... Yep- you cut off the hub and put it in a handle. Tonight I finished a stam I am so excited! It is a Michael Jordan image- I have tried 6 or 7 or 8 times- cannot get the face right. I finally mastered it- it is awesome! I am so excited. Now, working on the cubs trophy for 2016 World Series win! I am donating them for an event! The New England States have a very active letterboxing 'arena' and the event is out East.

I am working on a waterfall ATC for a swap! I carved butterfly images, and just need to assemble them. I am going to get my swaps done and take a break- lots of work to carve all of these stamps!
My next one is farm animal images! LOL What a hoot!

My niece called me late last night and had me on the phone for hours- she has angst in her life and I am happy she feels comfortable to talk to me- she is just 20..... But I stayed up pretty late chatting with her- she needed someone to talk to! I have to pray she will be OK and take steps to be an independent adult....I cannot fix everything wrong in her life, but happy to be there for her to listen and support. Please pray if you are so inclined- the youth of today is so mixed up!

I need to get to bed, so signing out! I will try to get to the boards and comment on cards for this round of Alpha challenge- so far behind am I!!!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (03-19-2024), JRHolbrook (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 08:10 AM   #588  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is sunny and bright outside but not when DD2 went to work as she had to be there at 3:00 am. I hardly saw her yesterday because she went to bed by 4 pm, hopefully asleep by 6 pm, and then up at 1:20 am.

This Friday is my anniversary and, if DH gets the day off, we plan to go do a Rail Explorers "bike" ride. It looks like a fun thing to do.

I made my N card Sunday night and made another card last night so it was nice to craft a little.

Kathy, your son and family continue to be in my prayers.

Gracie, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with your knee replacement. I know when my uncle had his knees replaced, he got several inches taller because his legs had been rather bowed which, it turned out, was because of his knees. I can't remember now if they did both of his knees at the same time or what as that was several years (decades) ago. Not getting good sleep and being in pain both make it hard to be happy. I'm glad you have a lift and cane and praying that they have even better resolutions for you.

Ann, sorry to hear that your back isn't happy with you again. Goodness, 100 eclairs?! No wonder! I've never made an eclair but just imagine it to be a work intensive make. It sounds like you need a good massage! (Unless you are one of the people that doesn't like massages, then I guess, it is a time thing.)

Lisa, I'm sorry you are dealing with MS. A friend in Southern CA had that though her symptoms have been minimal.

Shelly, one of my friends here is from Costa Rica and goes there all the time. It is beautiful, enjoy!

That made me laugh that corned beef isn't Irish! I'm not surprised though.

I'm impressed with your stamp carving. And glad you can be a listening ear for your niece. It is definitely a challenging time for young people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2024, 08:44 AM   #589  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, my MS is under control. I haven't relapsed since 2015. But there are things that do not work as they used to. I do have to walk with assistance and my balance is not the best. I am not driving because my right foot doesn't cooperate as it should, by dragging a lot and not picking up as it should. Now I have to renew my drivers license as my birthday is in April and my license expires on my birthday. However, I really do not want to let it expire in case I need it and there is the hope that it will get better and I can drive again. That is my dilemma right now,

Off to work on my N card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2024, 09:39 AM   #590  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello! Lots of chat today. Shelly, it sure sounds like you've been busy...well, it seems that's normal for you! LOL The carvings sound wonderful. You'll have to stamp them and send us photos! So cool. I'm glad you could be there for your niece and sending up a prayer for her.

LIsa, I'm glad your MS is under control. It is hard when your body doesn't do what it's suppose to do. I agree, I'd renew my driver's license...you never know, there are so many medical advances now-a-days!

Yay, to all of you keeping up on the Alpha cards this round. I may do so today...no appointments! Yay

Catherine, early Happy Anniversary wishes! I'll have to look up what a "Rail Explorers" bike ride is...it sounds interesting.

Still thinking of your son, Kathy. Prayers for your family.

Ann, I'll have to check out some cards for the Alpha round gallery and make comments. I've been hit and miss in doing so.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 05:45 AM   #591  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, if you want to eat Irish, it has to be potatoes. Don't know where corned beef and St. Pat's got together. I had to laugh when I was at the grocery store....sauerkraut right next to the corned beef. Is sauerkraut Irish or German?? I know, it's cabbage in a different form. I love Reubens too. My in laws made sauerkraut every fall. We would have huge jugs of it in our freezer. Threw out a lot as there was no way we could eat that much.
Thinking of Kathy and family, Gracie and knees, Lisa and the MS, Ann and her back (why 100 eclairs??). I now have a bunion on my right foot. I read up why they happen. It doesn't hurt, it's just there.
Happy anniversary, Catherine...many more happy years.
Shelly, you are so right about the youth of today. My daughter still sees high school and college kids in her practice. Sometimes it's tough because some are being made to go by parents. Liz says there are some who are doing really well and some who just sit there and say nothing. Glad your niece is comfortable talking to you.
Yes, Catherine, one of those big robotic balls for the cats. It was fun watching them go in it. One of the cats really loves it. It was hilarious to watch them sitting on the washer and dryer as Liz and Scott put the thing together. I could just see the thought bubbles above their heads...'what is this new toy? Will I like it? How does it work?'
Yesterday I went to the clinic to redo my healthcare poa. Not much changed except for the order of my decision team. Decided I should put Liz first since I'm close to her now. LaCrosse, WI is internationally known for having 'end of life planning' in place; the lady who helped me said they get calls from around the world asking for advice on how to implement a program. A few years ago, CBS Sunday Morning had a piece about it and I was so impressed. The simple answer is 'talk about end of life issues'. I know many people of my age who refuse to have any conversation about it. When I was finished filling out the paperwork, the person helping me called for two volunteers to come witness and then she made copies for me. Easy peasy. Now I have to take my sister off my bank accounts and get Liz on them. My sister is still part of my team but since she isn't close, I thought it would be better to put her second, plus she still works and might not be available by phone at any given time. My son is third because he would be hard to get hold of. But I want all three to agree on what will happen.
Rudi's is opening today, Rudi's is opeing today!!!!!!! That is the drive in restaurant near me. I'm so excited. I'm picking up Mirren from school, she'll need to have lunch (half day Wednesdays) and I'm going to surprise her. Joy, joy, joy!!!!!!!
Enough from me. Robins are siging their hearts out. I have never heard such loud robins in my life. Of course we had them in SE WI but they were never that loud. Good thing they have beautiful voices.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-20-2024), JRHolbrook (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 05:52 AM   #592  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, happy anniversary!!

Jean, how nice you get to spend time with your GD!! What type of restaurant is Rudi's?

Lisa, big hugs to you, hoping you have a good day!

Gracie, hoping your knee feels better soon!

The body aging is garbage!! My thought of the day! LOL!

Have a good one everyone! Try to get into some trouble today, at least in your craft room!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 08:00 AM   #593  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I've already seen some deer this morning. You'd think it would get old but it doesn't. They are so pretty. Not much to report on this end, I did make our Rail Explorers reservation because DH has Friday off so we are looking forward to that. Gracie, their website is railexplorers.net and they have rides available in several locations across the US.

Lisa, yes, I would definitely renew my driver's license just in case!

Jean, it looks like corned beef is an American Irish tradition from the brief research I did into it. My cousin makes sauerkraut every year but I think she cans it if I remember correctly. I told her I don't like it and she said I just haven't had the right sauerkraut. She may be right but I'm not running out to try lots of different kinds to find out!

My daughter absolutely loves the Litter Robot. She thinks it was the best purchase she has made for Wesley - though she may think it is more for her!

I remember when we did the medical POA for my mom and some other legal docs. I was concerned that we may have waited too long because we went to an attorney's office and she needed to be of sound mind but we were able to get it taken care of, thankfully. The delay wasn't her being resistant though, she was very good about stuff like that.

Since Rudi's is a drive in, I'm guessing that it is American food and the like. I remember that A&W used to have a drive in restaurant in my home town in Oregon.

Ann, after my mom got older she always said that "getting old isn't for wimps!"
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-20-2024), JRHolbrook (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 08:11 AM   #594  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, I like your mom's saying! And I so agree with it!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 08:24 AM   #595  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, I used to be a "carhop" at a drive in called the Pronto Pup in Eau Claire. They had great corn dogs. Have fun at lunch with Mirren.

I'm playing Mahjong today, so won't be in my craft room. Maybe tonight.

Catherine, we have bright blue skies and sun today. We've had a lot of cloudy days and lots of rain the past week. I love the bright sunny days!

Ann, I hope your back has recovered from making all those eclairs!

Enjoy hump day!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (03-21-2024), mcschmidty (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 06:35 AM   #596  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. And then there's this. 5-6 inches tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-spring-forward-winter.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-21-2024), JRHolbrook (03-21-2024), smadson (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM   #597  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, just checked the weather forecast and it says 5 to 8 inches for our area! Although they don't really know where the heavy snow bands are going to hit yet! Fun, winter is back!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 07:23 AM   #598  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The snow is not unexpected, given where we live. Unfortunately my family has abandoned me (not really)...they are driving to Florida as I type this. I looked at the forecast, didn't look too bad so didn't think much of it. Then my sil texted me, asking if I had back up for shoveling. Looked at the forecast again, I didn't see the first part about snow starting tonight. So I texted Scott, he said he'd check with his neighbors to see if they could help if necessary. I can do a little myself. Poor Kermit has leapt backwards into winter. Second winter!
Just took my absentee ballot in for the April 2 primary. It is a learning curve to know how to vote.
I misspelled Rudi's, it's Rudy's. Joe had a good friend in grade school named Rudi. Anyway, I picked up Mirren, made her close her eyes until we got there. Boy was she surprised and thrilled. Yes, American food, complete with carhops. I imagine as the weather improves, they'll start roller skating. Some wear poodle skirts. We each had a burger and fries, pink lemonade and root beer (they make their own, like Culver's), I had a pineapple Dole Whip cone, she had a sundae. It was too chilly to sit outside and the wind kept blowing the napkins, straws, baskets around. It was fun. Then we came back here, she helped me change my tumbler for the next stage of rock polishing, then we played Garbage, which I didn't know how to play. Fun, all chance, which are the only games I like. She will beat me even at chance games.
Dale has not been well. He came down with some kind of bug, maybe noro virus, not vomiting any longer but couldn't eat or drink much this week, feeling wobbly. He also got a black eye from his cpap mask because the dog insisted on putting his head right next to Dale's face. Having a bad week. Janet just took him to the ER, they gave him fluids, hope that's all it is. They did see a new cardiologist in Wausau this week, he immediately ordered an echo, which is what they wanted. The PA they saw in Rhinelander wouldn't order it because 'insurance won't pay for it.' Cardiologist thought it was a no-brainer to order. Phew. They should be able to find out if more needs to be done to make the pacemaker work better or maybe it's fine as it is. They know that one of leads is not functioning as fully as it should be. From a lay person's perspective, it seems to me that one should investigate all avenues when it comes to vital organs.
My goal today is to investigate optometrists. I have a recommendation from Scott's Dad who is an optometrist in Wausau but not sure my plan covers them. I need to find out if someone can say definitively that I should deal with my cataracts. I'm sick of thinking about them.
Have a good day everyone! I hope the snow isn't as big of a deal as they're saying and that it melts quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-22-2024), mcschmidty (03-22-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 07:47 AM   #599  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is sunny and chilly here today - with the understanding that chilly is relative. We do have rain in the forecast starting tomorrow evening. I'm just hoping the rain will wait until after our rail explorer ride tomorrow. We did make a morning appointment due to the weather.

Gracie, when you were a carhop, were you on roller skates?

That's a good one, Melody! And 5-6 inches in your forecast for tomorrow? Of course, last winter (though it was already spring) we got snow on March 31st! It will be interesting to see how much of that snow you actually get.

Jean, is your family headed to Florida for spring break? Rudy's sounds like quite a fun place...roller skates and poodle skirts? Love it! I didn't know such places still existed, very fun.

I'm glad the echo was ordered for Dale and hope it shows the information needed and good luck in your search for optometrists. Our wonderful one is retiring the end of April...sad about that, I really liked him, but happy for him.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-22-2024), JRHolbrook (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 08:12 AM   #600  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I have been across town to get my haircut. Doesn’t seem like she cut off much. I think that is part of the standing appointment every 4 weeks, to keep me coming. LOL anyway, it is only $18.00, as it is just a dry haircut. Keeps me trimmed, and neat. When I got there today, she had a large array of helium balloons with a big 25 years one, besides. That is how long she has been in business. I have been going there almost from the first. The shoppe has it’s own entrance to downstairs of their home.
Anyway, all that to say, I just saw the ways to use it challenge is balloons, so might go with that to make her a 25th anniversary card. Even though, last week I made several balloon cards, and yesterday the hot air balloon card. Did I give them the idea? LOL

I read the above posts and was going to respond. I had a lot to say, and now I can’t remember it all!
Oh! Okay. DH and I went to Red Robbin yesterday for lunch. Have you heard of them? No carhops, but Endless French fries! We hadn’t been there for maybe 5 years and didn’t remember about this! Thankfully, I found a place on the menu for smaller hamburgers. They bring french fries with delicious sauce like they bring chips and salsa in a Mexican food place. Then, besides , you get a side dish with your burger. All delicious, and too much! We ate ate 2:30 and didn’t eat the rest of the day. In fact I didn’t need breakfast today! I am still full! Well, except for the 25th anniversary cookie I ate. LOL

I hope things go well for Dale, Jean. And hope you don’t have so much snow that you have to worry about shoveling.

Gracie was carhop, and I was an usherette!
I missed saying it, but hope you had a great anniversary, Catherine.

i have a Dr. app. This afternoon. Happy weekend, everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (03-22-2024)