Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #81  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dani it was about 10 yrs back that she passed and they said fatty tumors are almost never cancerous so dont worry about that one. Then the old boy we had put down 2 yrs ago he had them as well and he was 17 yrs as well he was my new hubbys baby boy and he had them all in his ears as well but we had to put him down his back legs stopped working and then he started having bad siezures and was blind and deaf he was suffering so we did the kindest thing we could. I wish that option were available for humans when we get to far gone to live right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
Oh Wow, thank you Blue, you made me feel so much better. I did not know that they could get fatty tumors in their brain. Lucy is full of fatty tumors. I bet she has 8 of them. She's had them since we rescued her. So maybe it's not cancer. At least now I can have hope that it's not cancer. Thank you.
I'm sorry to hear about your puppers. That had to be a difficult time. How long ago was it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #82  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybluemoonView Post
Dani it was about 10 yrs back that she passed and they said fatty tumors are almost never cancerous so dont worry about that one. Then the old boy we had put down 2 yrs ago he had them as well and he was 17 yrs as well he was my new hubbys baby boy and he had them all in his ears as well but we had to put him down his back legs stopped working and then he started having bad siezures and was blind and deaf he was suffering so we did the kindest thing we could. I wish that option were available for humans when we get to far gone to live right.
I so agree. Everytime I take Lucy to the vet I ask him if he feels she is suffering...he said if she is still getting excited over food and eating well if it were him he would not put her down. She doesn't seem to be in pain as long as she gets her meds. She is blind and we believe she has recently lost her hearing, however, she still has a lot of spunk left in her. I pray she goes in her sleep. That's how I would like to go.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #83  
Rubber Obsessor

OMGosh Dani I leave to build a fence after tearing the old one that had fallen down at my Moms and I come back to try to get caught up to find out you have had sooo many problems. Im sorry Dani I wasnt here to say a few prayers and lite a candle for you. I hope they figure things out and make ya all good again.
Ok going back to Moms I have a few more things to do over there and then we have to haul away all the old wood, I have so many splinters it is unreal if I have any finger tips left.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

The loss of hearing could just be the tumors pressing against something in the ear canal or they oculd have little feelers that have started to grow in there. Sparky had them sticking out and a couple of times they bleed but they were completely filling his ears like an ear plug but once they bleed some then he could hear loud noise's again.

Quote:

I so agree. Everytime I take Lucy to the vet I ask him if he feels she is suffering...he said if she is still getting excited over food and eating well if it were him he would not put her down. She doesn't seem to be in pain as long as she gets her meds. She is blind and we believe she has recently lost her hearing, however, she still has a lot of spunk left in her. I pray she goes in her sleep. That's how I would like to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh and Congrates Fani on the newest grandbaby and what a pretty name they named her too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #86  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

OMGosh Dani I leave to build a fence after tearing the old one that had fallen down at my Moms and I come back to try to get caught up to find out you have had sooo many problems. Im sorry Dani I wasnt here to say a few prayers and lite a candle for you. I hope they figure things out and make ya all good again.
Ok going back to Moms I have a few more things to do over there and then we have to haul away all the old wood, I have so many splinters it is unreal if I have any finger tips left.
Oh blue, thank you for your kind words and yes I guess you did miss it all. I had a severe reaction to Monkey Brains hair gel. Then the medicine that the doc gave me for it caused my throat to start closing. I had welts on top of welts. And itch..omg...did it ever itch. However, I am feeling well today. The only thing left is I feel like there is a bubble or something caught in my chest. The doc said that feeling could hang around a couple of weeks. At first we thought it was embossing powder that I was allergic to. Could you imagine?? Good luck at your moms house. I hope you get the fence taking care of and hope that you don't get any more splinters. Those little suckers can hurt.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #87  
Rubber Obsessor

Monkey brains gel? Never heard of it but well stear clear of it I have enough allergic reactions my self. Could the bubble feeling be a never ending that is being effected by the reaction? Possibly benedryl may help not sure tho but man that would drive me nuts I have gerd and know how that feeling is too. Glad that you are better and well keep getting better as well. Try to rest still.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #88  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Monkey brains gel? Never heard of it but well stear clear of it I have enough allergic reactions my self. Could the bubble feeling be a never ending that is being effected by the reaction? Possibly benedryl may help not sure tho but man that would drive me nuts I have gerd and know how that feeling is too. Glad that you are better and well keep getting better as well. Try to rest still.
I'm not sure if it could be a nerve ending or what. To be honest, I didn't ask. I just told him what it felt like and he said that I will feel that for a couple of weeks. I know it has something to do with the allergic reaction because it didn't start until I started taking the meds. But all is good it doesn't get in the way of my stamping so life is good. hehe

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #89  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

But all is good it doesn't get in the way of my stamping so life is good. hehe

At least you still have stamping that well keep you busy and your mind off of things. Just keep on checking in with us so we know your ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #90  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Hi ladies,

I hope you all had a good day. I did accomplish a few things on my list.

We had little snow storms here about every two hours today. Most of the snow has melted as soon as it hit the ground so there are only a few traces. I don't think it was above 35 degrees today. Tomorrow is supposed to be 53.

Anyway I did make a card for the alpabet challenge and here is the link to it-
Q is for Question DDABC-Q by stampmontana - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 899 Likes on 571 Posts

What about me??? I'm here too LOL

Rainy and a big high pressure system over our area today..how do I know..my son and I get headaches or migraines when there is a big change in the pressure.

Loving the Q card montana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #92  
Rubber Obsessor

Left love on your card Montana love the bright cheery color. Well we have been over cast for a few days now and still the rain hasnt fallen. It is supposed to sometime this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #93  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am just being a slug today...which is less mobile than a couch potato! UUUHHHHGGGG It's a term my friends cam up with and it suits me perfectly today. I HATE rain and storms. Even more so if I am camping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #94  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies. I am in the process of posting this week's alphabet challenge. I will be back in a few.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #95  
Proud Fan Club Member

Montana, it looks like you and I are the only ones that made a card for the letter "Q". If you'd like we can swap them or if you want to keep it to send to someone else that is fine too. Whichever you prefer is fine by me. Thank you for playing last week's abc challenge with me.

Okay ladies, are you ready for this week's letter? It's kind of a tricky one now.....so here it is....this week's letter is "J".

If you are new to the alphabet challenge this is how it works. In the beginning I put all the letters of the alphabet onto a piece of paper and placed them in a bowl. Each Wednesday I draw a letter from the bowl. The challenge is for you to make a card using an item that begins with the letter that was drawn.
Then you post the card in this forum so we can leave you love. Plus your name will go into the drawing to find out who is going to be the receiver of the cards made. If your name is drawn you can have the cards sent to you or where ever you wish. Please note in order to have your name in the drawing you must post your card in the forum. Also note, it is NOT mandatory that you send your card to anyone.
Also, please keep in mind that the challenge is to use an item that begins with the letter, not something in general. For example: if the letter is "B" do not use "Blue" as your item. You can use a button, buckle, bow, etc...
If you have any questions feel free to ask them here in the forum or you can pm me. The most important rule is to HAVE FUN!!!!!

My card J = Jar

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #96  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Dani,

Actually FMcrafter and Cathnz also made great cards for the Q challenge. I know you had quite a week so you may have missed them, but they did post links here on this thread. I really like both their cards

Dani,

I hope you have had a good day.

[QUOTE=DellsDani;18228960][B][COLOR="Purple"]Montana, it looks like you and I are the only ones that made a card for the letter "Q". If you'd like we can swap them or if you want to keep it to send to someone else that is fine too. Whichever you prefer is fine by me. Thank you for playing last week's abc challenge with me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't win if I host the challenge so that everything is fair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok...feeling the flu coming on so I got this up while I can still think

J is for Jack in the Box by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #99  
Proud Fan Club Member

OMG Cath and FM I am soooo soooo sorry. I didn't scroll down enough. Oh my gosh, I feel so bad. Big huggs ladies and a huge apology. I did put everyone's name in a bowl and the winner of the "Q" cards is:

FMcrafter

Ladies, you can pm me for FMcrafter's address. Congrats Lynn!!!! I am so sorry that I missed you and Cath the first time around. I hope ya'll can forgive me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

No worries I'll be off with the flu for a few days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just checking in to see if there is any chatter. I am SICK of being SICK. What is everyone doing for Easter?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2011, 05:38 AM   #102  
Proud Fan Club Member

FM, I am so sorry you are sick. Please get better soon. I like when you run a muck. However, I know you do not feeling like muck running today. As far as Easter, I am having my daughter Desirae' and her little family and my dd Kayla for dinner. We are also having an egg hunt for the children. Next year I think I am going to get my neighbors involved and see if they will help me with a scavenger hunt for the little ones. What are your plans? How is your son feeling?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

My son is happy he is finished with the flu and avoiding me so he doesn't get it back. I'll have to call my friends and let them know I won't be there for Easter. Her husband has COPD (heart & lung problems) so I am not taking any chances that he gets it. No easter egg hunt for me. You 'll have to grab one for me for when I come by..as soon as I steal that big green tractor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #104  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
My son is happy he is finished with the flu and avoiding me so he doesn't get it back. I'll have to call my friends and let them know I won't be there for Easter. Her husband has COPD (heart & lung problems) so I am not taking any chances that he gets it. No easter egg hunt for me. You 'll have to grab one for me for when I come by..as soon as I steal that big green tractor.
Awww Lynn, that so sucks!! I was so hoping you would feel better for Easter. Do you know...speaking of green tractors...I still have my card sitting here. I can't remember who they are supposed to go to. I need to remember to take a look so I can get it mailed out. I think with that allergic reaction I just lost track of everything.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #105  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, I forgot to tell you GET BETTER SOON!!! I will say extra prayers for you. Maybe you will wake up tomorrow and feel all better. That would be so awesome!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #106  
Stazon Splitcoast

Feeling a better but DS is teasing me with chocolate!! UUGGHH. You should not be allowed to tease anyone with chocolate. j/k
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2011, 04:45 AM   #107  
Proud Fan Club Member

Uh Oh sounds like ds needs to be grounded. That's not nice to tease mom with chocolate. So fess up...did you sneak some after that???? How are you feeling today??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

No I didn't get my fix yesterday *sigh* so today I am going to go out and find them at half price and not share! LOL

Almost feeling normal!! Yeah! That flu was a real nasty one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #109  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

No I didn't get my fix yesterday *sigh* so today I am going to go out and find them at half price and not share! LOL

Almost feeling normal!! Yeah! That flu was a real nasty one.
Glad you are feeling better I say as I tighten the leash.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #110  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all feeling better and enjoying this day. We had a beutiful Easter weekend (finally felt like spring- 62 degrees). Nice time with family and friends.

Today is completely cloudy again and some rain. It is a good day for cardmaking.

I am working on some swaps and I want to finish my Alphabet challenge and Musical challenge cards. I hope to be posting them by late afternoon.

I just made a list of the birthday cards I need to make for May (family and friends) Wow! Quite a few! I am going to have to get busy on those, too.

I will be back later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #111  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampmontanaView Post
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all feeling better and enjoying this day. We had a beutiful Easter weekend (finally felt like spring- 62 degrees). Nice time with family and friends.

Today is completely cloudy again and some rain. It is a good day for cardmaking.

I am working on some swaps and I want to finish my Alphabet challenge and Musical challenge cards. I hope to be posting them by late afternoon.

I just made a list of the birthday cards I need to make for May (family and friends) Wow! Quite a few! I am going to have to get busy on those, too.

I will be back later.
I am so glad you enjoyed your holiday. I too enjoyed mine. We didn't do too much since dh wasn't home. However, I did watch the grandchildren color eggs and do an egg hunt. Then my oldest and youngest dd fixed an awesome Easter dinner. Then we all watched Shrek and Shrek 2. I really enjoyed myself. Today is a wonderful day as far as weather goes. I finally have my windows back to the open position. I am hoping it stays like this cuz I want to start my spring cleaning.
I am looking forward to seeing your creations.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awww, come on I was just gonna run around back yards looking for left over easter eggs!!!

Quote:

Glad you are feeling better I say as I tighten the leash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #113  
Stazon Splitcoast

Can't wait to see your creations.

Quote:

Hi everyone,

I will be back later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #114  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Awww, come on I was just gonna run around back yards looking for left over easter eggs!!!
Then I better warn these ladies to hide their children's Easter baskets. Cuz I know you, you will steal their chocolate bunnies.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #115  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi,

I have been doing some chores and working on some cards. I hope to get my "J" card on here later this evening. It just seems I have so much to do!

I will be going to my Mom's to cook dinner in awhile. I hope you are all having a good day.

I have mentioned the Challenges on my swap, so maybe we will get some more creative people to join us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #116  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Hi,

I have been doing some chores and working on some cards. I hope to get my "J" card on here later this evening. It just seems I have so much to do!

I will be going to my Mom's to cook dinner in awhile. I hope you are all having a good day.

I have mentioned the Challenges on my swap, so maybe we will get some more creative people to join us.
Thank you for mentioning the challenges on your swap. Remember if anyone comes and plays and posts their card and tells me they found the challenge thru you you get a prize. This goes for both challenges. And of course everyone is welcome to bring a friend and receive a gift.
I hope you had a wonderful time at your mom's. I know in the other challenge you said she just celebrated her 82 nd birthday. Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #117  
Gabfest Goddess

I can't believe I am still awake! I don't really feel tired but I guess I will be going to sleep soon.

I just wanted to post my card on here. This card was a more difficult challege! At first I thought that the only thing I had was a jar stamp, but I didn't want to copy Dani's idea so I finally settled on this jay. I have had this stamp for awhile and never used it yet.

This is the link.

J is for a Jay (Bluejay) by stampmontana - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Dani, thank you for the birthday wishes for Mom. I did go over and made dinner with her and we played several games of cribbage afterwards. She likes a lot of different games. I guess our whole family does.

Well, I will be back in the morning.

I can't wait to see what our next letter will be. I think you have me hooked on these challenges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #118  
Proud Fan Club Member

Montana, I like your card. I left love. I am so glad you came and joined us. And I am glad we have ya hooked. hehe...

OK ladies, I posted this week's letter in a new forum. So....come and see what this week's letter is by clicking HERE.

Reply With Quote Likes