Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um......er.....invitation?? Was i suppose to send you an invitation?? Ooppssss.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #82  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 899 Likes on 571 Posts

LOL How was your trip back...all went well I hope.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #83  
Hardware Hotshot

OMG!! The highways in Alberta were horrible! I was driving in ruts in the snow in some places that was so deep it was hitting the undercarridge of my car. And in a couple of places the highway was down to one lane with the snow banks on the side of the road as high as the car. I guess the snowplows don't work on the weekends in Alberta....lol. Ya, shouldda stayed at my friends house and just kept making cards. wowsers. I'm glad to be home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can just imagine the rough trip it was. The snow in the prairies can just blow everywhere. Glad you got there ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #85  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Everyone,

I guess I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here. LOL. I'm Debra and was invited here and hopefully participate. But it looks like your letters are about finished?

I have been away from SCS for some time now, but want to get back in the swing of things. I hope there's room on the challenge couch for me, too.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. A little about me:

I travel for my job... I leave on Sunday or Monday and come home on Thursday and sometimes Friday.

I love to travel recreationally (vacations are meant for travel. LOL) and LOVE the National Parks (Arches National Park is the most recent visit)

Photography and cooking as well as stamping and scrapbooking are some of my hobbies.

I had gastric bypass surgery 5 months ago and have lost 104 lbs. I feel wonderful and it was the best decision I ever made (besides deciding to continue to date my now husband--I was on the fence for awhile; HA!)

Hope you all have a wonderful day...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #86  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi Ladies, I am back. Ok I am going to answer posts backwards. hehe...first valancy1: I am glad you are joining us. There is always room. Don't worry about us running out of letters. Once they all have been drawn we will start over again. Only next time instead of drawing the letters I think we will go in alphabetical order. So come on in and have fun.

FMcrafter: thank you for keeping things going whle I was gone. I appreciate it very much and it looks like they kept your leash short. Good job people. lol

suzy800: I am glad you had so much fun with your friend. And I am glad you are back home safely. Sounds like it was quite a trip.

Heather and tryingtofindtime, that is a good question. I will ask blue if she set a deadline on this. To my knowledge I don't think she did, however, she may not have even thought of that with getting married and everything.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I know mine didn't go as planned. My dh didn't get to come home. He was on his way to the airport and got the call to go back to the job. It's a bunch of bull why they made him stay. It wasn't his company...his boss was fine with him coming home. It was the store that he his building. They didn't want him to be so far away from the job in case something happened. He has only been home one weekend so far this year. Grrr...I'm hoping that after he is finished with this store his boss will give him a week at home before sending him out again. Other than that the weekend was fine. I had a blast with my grandchildren. Then I got over 12 inches cut off my hair...wonder if hubby will notice when he does get home? lol...hmmm...Well I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for keeping the chatter up while I was gone. Big Hugggssss for everyone

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats on the weight loss and the marriage! So you lost over 100 lb only to gain about 200???!! Just joking!! I'm glad you are here we need people to keep me in line when I run amuck.

Right now our letters are random. But since the challenge works Wed-Tues you may be able to fit us in to your very tight schedule. Must be hard traveling all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by valancy1View Post
Hi Everyone,

I guess I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here. LOL. I'm Debra and was invited here and hopefully participate. But it looks like your letters are about finished?

I have been away from SCS for some time now, but want to get back in the swing of things. I hope there's room on the challenge couch for me, too.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. A little about me:

I travel for my job... I leave on Sunday or Monday and come home on Thursday and sometimes Friday.

I love to travel recreationally (vacations are meant for travel. LOL) and LOVE the National Parks (Arches National Park is the most recent visit)

Photography and cooking as well as stamping and scrapbooking are some of my hobbies.

I had gastric bypass surgery 5 months ago and have lost 104 lbs. I feel wonderful and it was the best decision I ever made (besides deciding to continue to date my now husband--I was on the fence for awhile; HA!)

Hope you all have a wonderful day...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #88  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Valancy1. I'm a newbie here too so we'll muddle through together as we try to get to know these ladies. So far they've been more than welcoming.....except we do need to keep a close watch on FMcrafter. She tends to get a little out of control from time to time. (shhh, don't tell her I said that, k!)

I love Arches National park! We were through there and stopped a couple of years ago on our motorcycles....it's beautiful country. I look forward to seeing your creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok maybe you ladies can help me. We have graduated licensing here for motorcycles. I have passed level 1 and 2. To get my full blown motorcycle license I need to qualify before August. I don't know if I should give up or try like hell to overcome my health issues and get it finished. I love my baby Harley (she's not, she's orange) but last season I didn't manage to get on her once. I used to love going to the quilt shop on her cause parking was a breeze. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2011, 06:30 AM   #90  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello Ladies, I have good news....My dh is coming home tonight. He just called me. Get this; someone was kidnapped from his night crew. Therefore they had to shut the work down for the rest of the week. Then he tells me "oh yeah, the hotel I am staying at is where she was kiddnapped from. And last month 2 guys got robbed at gun point and the front desk was robbed." Ahhhh....I'm glad he is coming home but when he goes back he is NOT staying at that place. Geeez

Ok, I have this week's letter drawn and my card made so I am going to start a new thread. I want to congratulate Blue on her recent marriage. Enjoy your new hubby.

FM, I know how you feel I had to get rid of my Indian. It's hard but you have to do what is best for your health.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #91  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies, this week's alphabet challenge has been posted. To find out what letter I drew for this week just click here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok...I am teary-eyed and that is not a usual state of being for me, I am nore usually a disturber! I have been making cards for the Canadian troops since Jan and got this note that was forwarded to us all:

*** NOTE

I recently received a card from the troops in Afghanistan and signed by the Commanding Officer, Regimental Sergeant Major and the Chaplain. Look in the MISC. photo album on the photos page to see pictures of the card.

"Hello,
Thank you for your support. By giing us a card, by sending us your best wishes, by giing us a little gift, you make a difference in our everyday life here is Afghanistan. Thank you for your attention. Here, the small little things can make a big difference. In the name of all Canadian soldiers who cheerfully received your presents, thank you very much! God bless you all"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #93  
Rubber Obsessor

Ok now Im in tears that was so sweet of them to send you a letter too. Well my son well be stationed in Afghanastan as well in Oct so for now his unit is in training. Maybe we well get a letter from his commanding officer as well that would be sweet but not nessessary.
Well back from my honey moon wow what a trip it was a whole lot of fun as well. We are just gonna take it easy this next few days other then that I have a bunch of thank you cards to make for our wonderful gifts.

Now as for the troop challenge there is no time line send your cards away. I well hold off on my care package till im sure all cards are here. If you need my addy just Pm me , Dani or Crafter as they also have my addy .

Now onto the next challenge I think we are going in order starting with A I will be late getting it cuz im not even supposed to be on here Im taking a timeout due to bad behavior j/k Ive been good I promise..

Dani so glad that hubby is home now but an idea you might think on when you miss him so much is to surprise him and got to him. You know knock on his hotel door with a trench coat nightie or nothing at all KWIM?

tryingtofindtime I left you some love on your two cute cards ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aren't you suuposed to be off your feet for another few days??;)

The letter was sent to the organizer for Canada and she shared it with those of us who have contributed. Though it does go to show how much they are valued.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybluemoonView Post
Ok now Im in tears that was so sweet of them to send you a letter too. Well my son well be stationed in Afghanastan as well in Oct so for now his unit is in training. Maybe we well get a letter from his commanding officer as well that would be sweet but not nessessary.
Well back from my honey moon wow what a trip it was a whole lot of fun as well. We are just gonna take it easy this next few days other then that I have a bunch of thank you cards to make for our wonderful gifts.

Now as for the troop challenge there is no time line send your cards away. I well hold off on my care package till im sure all cards are here. If you need my addy just Pm me , Dani or Crafter as they also have my addy .

Now onto the next challenge I think we are going in order starting with A I will be late getting it cuz im not even supposed to be on here Im taking a timeout due to bad behavior j/k Ive been good I promise..

Dani so glad that hubby is home now but an idea you might think on when you miss him so much is to surprise him and got to him. You know knock on his hotel door with a trench coat nightie or nothing at all KWIM?

tryingtofindtime I left you some love on your two cute cards ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #95  
Proud Fan Club Member

FMcrafter, that is so wonderful that they sent that. It does help to motivate people to make more cards for them knowing that the cards are appreciated. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Blue, I am so glad you had fun on your honey moon. Now it's back to reality aye?? Don't you love that? You are having so much fun not thinking of responsiblities and then boom the fun is over. lol.....I will most definately keep your son in my prayers. I would love to suprise the hubby however, I can not do that. I have a HUGE fear of flying so in order for me to fly out to him the doc has to give me meds. By the time I get to him I am so out of it I don't remember nothing. The last time I went out by him I woke up the next morning and saw a pizza box on the table. I said "Oh you ordered a pizza last night?" He said "No you did." I didn't remember doing that and don't even know why I did I don't like pizza. lol...So...I need him to know I am coming so he can scrape me off the landing stripe once we land. lol...I did tell the doc to lower the mg on the meds tho because I don't like not being in control of my own body. I am dang nab lucky I even made it. I don't know how I switched planes or nothing. So...good idea tho. It was so nice to have him home but it definately wasn't long enough. I am deleteing this thread since we have a new one. Also, no...we are not going in alphabetical order just yet. There are still letters we haven't used. Once I draw the last letter, then the following week we will start fresh with the letter A. Ok, going to the new post.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #96  
Rubber Obsessor

Okie dokie not sure where or why I thought we were starting over and since the letter was A this time I just naturally thought it was I guess just goes to show you im not all there at times lol.
Well honeymoon is over cuz hubby had to go to work today wahhhh he was not liking to go either oh well.
Ok you can delete this now or later .
Oh before you do FMcrafter I have the cards you sent and so very cute they all are and so many of them too. They have gone in the care box and well wait on any more to put them with them as well. Thank you again and also thanks for encluding envies ive used all of mine up and well need to buy a fresh batch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #97  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybluemoonView Post
Okie dokie not sure where or why I thought we were starting over and since the letter was A this time I just naturally thought it was I guess just goes to show you im not all there at times lol.
Well honeymoon is over cuz hubby had to go to work today wahhhh he was not liking to go either oh well.
Ok you can delete this now or later .
Oh before you do FMcrafter I have the cards you sent and so very cute they all are and so many of them too. They have gone in the care box and well wait on any more to put them with them as well. Thank you again and also thanks for encluding envies ive used all of mine up and well need to buy a fresh batch.
I am hoping to get these out this week. I have a swap I am working on, however, I should be able to get them all done. Especially since dh is gone now. Waa waa waa

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #98  
Rubber Obsessor

dani you poor little lammie poo. Too bad we all didnt live closer we could rock and roll out bunches of cards and have loads of fun while at it. So sorry hubby had to leave hope they let him back on all the weekends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
I am hoping to get these out this week. I have a swap I am working on, however, I should be able to get them all done. Especially since dh is gone now. Waa waa waa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dani, I have Ladyblue's addy and will send cards to her directly... I'm FINALLY (hopefully) starting to feel a little better and hope to get them postal next week
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #100  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by darloudashaView Post
Dani, I have Ladyblue's addy and will send cards to her directly... I'm FINALLY (hopefully) starting to feel a little better and hope to get them postal next week
Heather, I am so glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I too still need to get these cards made and sent to blue. I fell behind so I am now playing catch up. Keep on getting better. (((((hugggs)))))

I am deleting this forum and going to this week's. I am getting too confused on which one we are on. lol

Last edited by DellsDani; 04-08-2011 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #101  
Rubber Obsessor

No worries ladies Im the queen of behind maybe thats why mine is so huge j/k but anywhos no worries my son has gotten to care packages from other family members so he is ok waiting for mine so far anyways. Ok im still trying to get caught up and have several things to do today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #102  
Rubber Obsessor

Trying to find time I received your cards today they are so pretty. My son well enjoy passing the cards around ladies you did great. Ok with Fm Crafters 7 and Trying to find times 2 cards then with the ones that I have for him as well he well have a fair amount for him to pass out to the troop. Thank you for your support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Let us know on here when you send them out or have you already. I sent out 93 in a package to a "shipper' here who combines them and sends them to the CDN troops.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #104  
Rubber Obsessor

I still have them waiting I know there was two more peeps sending cards and thogth I would wait and send as many as I got plus what I am adding to the lot so he would have enough to maybe hand out one to each member of his troop. Im just adding this to his care package from me with some goodies I have for him plus what he said he needs send to him neccessities and such ;)
Reply With Quote Likes