Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Alphabet Challenge - The next two weeks are dedicated to our troops.

Hello everyone. For the next two weeks we will be doing something different for the Alphabet Challenge. Instead of making cards for the letters X and Z we are going to make two cards to send to ladybluemoon for her family member that is in the military. He will then distribute them to the rest of the soldiers. I am going to ask ladybluemoon to come in and tell us if there are any special dos and don'ts to these cards. Once you see her post...please make 2 cards one for this week and one for next. Again, they will be sent to her so we will not have a drawing. Thank you ladies for all of your support with this challenge and for our troops. Ladies, please remember to post your cards so we can see them and comment on them. Thank you.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subbing to see guidelines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dells, is it okay to send more than 2 cards and have the rest not necessarily be x or z? I'd hate for them to be short any... I have a 4 day weekend coming up (I took off Mon and Tues although I do have to bbsit on Sat so I can crank some out)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by darloudashaView Post
Dells, is it okay to send more than 2 cards and have the rest not necessarily be x or z? I'd hate for them to be short any... I have a 4 day weekend coming up (I took off Mon and Tues although I do have to bbsit on Sat so I can crank some out)
Most definately. Please make as many as you want to. And you do not HAVE to use the x or z. I am cutting everone a break on these since these are for the troops. Man, I so want to be making cards. I still can not sit. I see Doc tomorrow. Yay!! But you go ahead and crank out as many as your little hands care to make.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofindtimeView Post
subbing to see guidelines.
I'm not sure what subbing means. lol....I do know I have not heard back from blue. I hear she is getting married the 26th so....she is probably swamped. I say we go ahead and make our cards and as soon as she gets back to me...we will send them out. I believe it is her son that is in the service. So...let's be patient and give blue time to say I do..(hehe I'm a poet) and then we can mail them out. Does everyone agree? I am thinking since we don't know the guidelines lets stay away from shiny or glittery stuff. What do y'all think?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello all He has a super nice commander so I dont think there well be any troubles there with any dos or donts well except of course the normal donts. He well be so happy and so well his unit they are being deployed to Afganistan not sure exactly when but we have time to get the cards to hime before they are shipped off they are finishing the training with their unit and then they go ready or not to which makes me even sader. Thank you for taking up this challenge and the extra cards made well ensure everyone in his troupe receives a card.
THANK YOU LADIES
Yes that was a shout out to you with saddness and happiness in my heart that those of you who dont know me or my son or his unit would be so willing to send cards for them.
Hugzzzzz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Aww Dani your a doll yes been swamped here and there man I not sure if I can stand another errand im also tired of filling up my tank with gas lol. I have a little more then a week to go then I do wow getting excited and then the honeymoon. I will send You my addy just encase you didnt keep it from that challenge before and Ill know at least you have that much taken care of. Hugz to you all .

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
I'm not sure what subbing means. lol....I do know I have not heard back from blue. I hear she is getting married the 26th so....she is probably swamped. I say we go ahead and make our cards and as soon as she gets back to me...we will send them out. I believe it is her son that is in the service. So...let's be patient and give blue time to say I do..(hehe I'm a poet) and then we can mail them out. Does everyone agree? I am thinking since we don't know the guidelines lets stay away from shiny or glittery stuff. What do y'all think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybluemoonView Post
Aww Dani your a doll yes been swamped here and there man I not sure if I can stand another errand im also tired of filling up my tank with gas lol. I have a little more then a week to go then I do wow getting excited and then the honeymoon. I will send You my addy just encase you didnt keep it from that challenge before and Ill know at least you have that much taken care of. Hugz to you all .
I am sure I kept your address. I usually do. It's just I can't get to it just yet. So..don't waste time on sending it again. Also, once he is deployed the military should still give you an address to send him carepackages to. Even if he is on the line. Let me know if they don't. I can hook you up with people that can get answers for you. Keep in mind tho with the military everything is hurry up and wait. So...put your thoughts into your wedding...and we will keep our prayers going for your son. As well as your wedding/marriage. I am glad we can do this for him. (((((Huggs))))) What do you mean by the normal dont's? I never got to send the ex care packages he was in a sub. I got to send family grams..those were a joke. So I need to know what the normal don'ts are.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all!! JCI

subbing means Lurking LOL!! It's a way to SUBscribe to the thread without committing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Normal donts bad words lol or sexy cards I was just cracking a joke when I wrote that cuz peeps think sexy cards are ok but not when they are USA merchandise lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Cool I was close I was thinking a hold in line till I find out if I want to be in that line ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by darloudashaView Post
Hey all!! JCI

subbing means Lurking LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

ahhh ok.. I get it now...so why don't people just say they are lurking??? lol... I get it..Ok ladies. ... We have the go ahead with the cards for ladybluemoon's son. We have two weeks to make two cards. Please pm me for her address. Remember; these guys need to keep their mind on their job so please no sexy stuff, no I bet you miss America stuff (you'd be suprised). Its up to you if you want to keep the inside of your cards blank for the soldiers to use as their own. They can write what they want inside and send it home to a loved one. If you decide to do this..please send an envelope along for the soldier to use. They don't get to stores out there. Or you can make it for the soldier themselves and write what you want inside to cheer them up and for them to hang on to themselves. It is up to you which you choose to do. Remember we are doing this instead of doing the X and Z cards. You do NOT have to have an item on the cards beginning with X or Z unless you want to. If you have time please try to upload your cards here so the rest of can see them and give you love. Thank you ladies!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

sounds great. I will stay away from glitter and just design as if for OWH.

subbing=subscribing. that way I get the update. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

lol. I like lurking. I might use that from now on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well ladies, I am going to close out for awhile. I am getting serious charlie horses running from my lower back down my left leg. It's getting a bit much. So..everyone have a great day and I will check in later. HUGGS

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 900 Likes on 572 Posts
Talking

I couldn't resist so I made one for the letter X X-is for Xtreme Crafting by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and 2 for the Soldiers
Hi

Hybrid

So do I get points for doing an X cards?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey y'all how is everyone doing? I went to see the doc this morning. He said I sprained my sacroiliac. Put me on some new meds, however, I can't get them filled because workman's comp has to approve everything. Uggg....But at least he found what was wrong. I already have a bad pyshcotic nerve as I call it...so this just adds to the pain. Uggg...Oh well at least he found the problem. I hope everyone has a great day. I will check back later. (((((huggs)))))

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

An I thought I had problems getting my meds. Oh girl you must be mad as **** to have waited so long and now to have to wait again to get the script filled.

How is everyone else? We had a warm March Break and the flocks of students will be back this weekend. The airport will be mad crazy. We'll probably go back to snow again since St. Paddy's is now past. I should have stolen a sip of Guiness ( I don't drink) when I had the chance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
An I thought I had problems getting my meds. Oh girl you must be mad as **** to have waited so long and now to have to wait again to get the script filled.

How is everyone else? We had a warm March Break and the flocks of students will be back this weekend. The airport will be mad crazy. We'll probably go back to snow again since St. Paddy's is now past. I should have stolen a sip of Guiness ( I don't drink) when I had the chance.
I got lucky. The pharmicist knows that w/c has to pay. She knows they can't just pay for one and not the others. Especially since they are refills. So she gave them to me anyways and said once my attorney gets things straightened out just let her know and she will put it thu. She ran it under my other insurance so that she could release it to me.
I don't drink either. But people have been talking about green beer. Hmm...wonder what that tastes like?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning ladies. For those of you that play the Weekly Musical Challenge it has been posted. Just click here to check it out. I hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful weekend.
((((((Huggs to all))))))

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK before I got sick..warantee on my body wore out..whatever you want to call it I used to have a drink for a toast at Christmas, New Year and my B-day. Every once and a while I would sip beer on St. Paddy's. So green beer tastes like beer but just has food colouring in it. Guiness is like a meal in a glass it is so full bodied. I am off to have a crafting afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

OK before I got sick..warantee on my body wore out..whatever you want to call it I used to have a drink for a toast at Christmas, New Year and my B-day. Every once and a while I would sip beer on St. Paddy's. So green beer tastes like beer but just has food colouring in it. Guiness is like a meal in a glass it is so full bodied. I am off to have a crafting afternoon.
Enjoy your afternoon!!! I don't like the taste of beer. So I will pass.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well ladies, I need to stretch so I am going to get on outta here. I will probably be back on later in the day. Here are ((((huggs)))) for those of you that want them and here are HUGE (((((((HUGGS)))))) for those of you that need them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

I dont like beer either but you can always toast something else and put green food coloring in it like juice or something even water well turn green if ya put some in.
Hope your finally feeling better Dani it sures sucks to be hurting like that.
Ok now I really have to run or im in big trouble heheheeee
Bye and have a great weekend ladies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I dont like beer either but you can always toast something else and put green food coloring in it like juice or something even water well turn green if ya put some in.
Hope your finally feeling better Dani it sures sucks to be hurting like that.
Ok now I really have to run or im in big trouble heheheeee
Bye and have a great weekend ladies
I wonder if green food coloring would work in 7-UP?? Hmmm....Thank you I am feeling a wee bit better. Now get your rear in gear and go do whatever you need to do to stay out of trouble. lol...You have a great weekend too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was out playing at my Su demos place today and this is what I made

Stampin up cards-scalloped by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Stampin up cards-embossed by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Stampin up cards - slider by FMcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Stampin up cards-gatefold by FMcrafter at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #27  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow FMcrafter, what awesome cards. I know I was going to look tomorrow but after looking at the first one I had to see them all. I left love for ya. Very nice.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #28  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning everyone. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I hope this week goes by fast. DH comes home for the weekend. I haven't seen him since Valentine's Day weekend.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Crafter those cards are so cute left you some comments hope you like em cuz I loved your cards huns so darm cute.
Dani enjopy your hubby hope your back is better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #30  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Crafter those cards are so cute left you some comments hope you like em cuz I loved your cards huns so darm cute.
Dani enjopy your hubby hope your back is better.
Thank you I am feeling a wee bit better today. DH comes home on Friday so that is something I am definately looking forward to. I hope you had a good day.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

I pity poor hubby if Dani is feeling better...OH now since Valentine's...she's gonna knock him off his feet LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Just dont knock him too hard Dani you might reinjur your back.

Quote:

I pity poor hubby if Dani is feeling better...OH now since Valentine's...she's gonna knock him off his feet LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now, Now..you aren't supposed to know anything about that yet...You aren't married for a few more days or did you learn all about it at the bridal shower. (just teasing):p

Quote:

Just dont knock him too hard Dani you might reinjur your back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

LOL Oh boy I had fun at the shower they um put this thing on my head it was a veil and it had pink boy parts on it ;') I was not aware of it till they said something to me I didnt have my glass's on so I just thought they were pointy pink spikes :oops:

Quote:

Now, Now..you aren't supposed to know anything about that yet...You aren't married for a few more days or did you learn all about it at the bridal shower. (just teasing):p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

What all that and no pictures...now how am I gonna sleep. LOL:p

Quote:

LOL Oh boy I had fun at the shower they um put this thing on my head it was a veil and it had pink boy parts on it ;') I was not aware of it till they said something to me I didnt have my glass's on so I just thought they were pointy pink spikes :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #36  
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree where are the pics??? lol j/k. I am so glad you had a good time. Sounds like you enjoyed the 'pink pointy things'. roflmao pointy pink spikes....lolol roflmao Your killin me here. It hurts when I laugh. However the good news is Im so tired so I am hoping I fall asleep. I will be back on later today.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning everyone. It's a dreary day here in the Dells so it's a perfect day for stamping. And I feel pretty good today so I ought to get stuff done. As long as I remember to get up and walk around some. Yay!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Ok maybe later Ill put up a pic and after you all have seen it Ill take it away nless I can send it in a message rather not have my face on here with them pink thingies on top of it. Not to mention I really am not happy with all the weight gain lately with the bad ankle and possible surgery in my near future. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #39  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Ok maybe later Ill put up a pic and after you all have seen it Ill take it away nless I can send it in a message rather not have my face on here with them pink thingies on top of it. Not to mention I really am not happy with all the weight gain lately with the bad ankle and possible surgery in my near future. ;)
You could post it as an attachment right here in the forum if you want to. Surgery?? Wow you have a lot going on. Your son was deployed, you are getting married, and now a possible surgery??? Thank God you didn't move. You already hit three of the top four stresses in a persons life. I think you need a big ((((((((hug)))))))!!!!! I won't be around this weekend. I am going to go to Illinois with my DH. Yes, he is coming home for the weekend. I am so excited. I haven't seen him since he came home for Valentine's weekend. Anyways....so I will have to send you wedding wishes early. But I will hold off til Friday..oh wait Thursday. lol...He comes home Friday.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Surgery! OK. as long as hubby to be doesn't drop you going into the honeymoon suite hopefully you'll be Ok till you come back and then dish on all the details...oh and the surgery too.

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes