Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #401  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to stampit74

any yahoo group or other forum I've gone to, you have to become a member...one stamp site similar to SCS deleted my gallery because I only had 10 posts on their forum....I'd spent a lot of time resizing my photos, etc to get them to load to their gallery...thinking, that because they were small, they would like me being there...guess NOT! I went to the site one day and I was gone, so I emailed them and that was her reply to me. I was not told ahead of time that I wasn't meeting their requirements. I LOVE that SCS does NOT require me to resize my photos!!!!! Such a time saver!!! There are no requirements to meet... I get frustrated when I go to look at someone's gallery from the swap forums and they don't have a gallery. I like to see what kind of art they create...if I was in charge I'd make you have a gallery before you could sign up for a swap!!! Aren't I mean!!! EEK! I'll get back to laundry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #402  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampit74View Post
..... get frustrated when I go to look at someone's gallery from the swap forums and they don't have a gallery. I like to see what kind of art they create...if I was in charge I'd make you have a gallery before you could sign up for a swap!!! Aren't I mean!!! EEK! I'll get back to laundry!

Pam, I guess I'm mean too, because I TOTALLY agree with you! I want to see someone's style and the quality of their work if they are signing up for a swap I'm involved with, and especially if I'm hosting.

One of the first swaps I signed up for, two people signed to be in my PAT group who had no gallery and few posts. They only belong to SCS for ATC swaps. Well, they BOTH flaked and it was really frustrating for the hostess and the group members.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #403  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I have to say I miss not being a part of the swaps. But, I feel that if I signed up once I should not have to sign up again. Hopefully the last one I am in will be mailed to me. I know it will because the hostess is a perfect woman. And, she has the bestest hand cream recipe ever! I am sad that this rule came into effect. I guess it had to be but it still makes me sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #404  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
Well, I have to say I miss not being a part of the swaps. But, I feel that if I signed up once I should not have to sign up again.
You aren't signing up "again".... you're just joining one of the SCS "special" groups. Joining this group is no different than joining the Divine Secret Sister group. When things of value are being exchanged, then it makes sense that SOMEONE up the food chain should be able to contact people directly in case of a problem.

"Joining" is painless, but it assures that if there are problems down the road and a moderator needs to reach you or your hostess, she can. I'm as concerned about privacy as the next person but I feel reassured that only a mod can access my private information. And I have expereinced situations in recent swaps where that has been important because problems did arise (hostesses flaked) and the mods had trouble reaching them. In fact, I think they were never able to reach one of them.

I haven't been fortunate enough to have always had the "best" hostesses in the swaps I've signed up for. It's a major nightmare when not one but TWO of my hostesses STILL have yet to return cards (never mind hostess gifts and postage - and I made TWO sets of cards for each of those swaps). And because they had no contact information posted, it has really hampered the moderators' ability to advocate for the members of the swaps and try to get them to either swap out or return the cards.

If this were a perfect world, if every hostess were the "best", and if no one ever flaked, it wouldn't be an issue. But this is the real world and we are all human beings and not all people who host or swap take their responsibilities as seriously as you and I do.

I hope you'll look at this again and reconsider -- all they are doing is trying to make sure that if problems arise, they have the tools they need to deal with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #405  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man, I guess I have been lucky in the, what--7 or 8 swaps (I am a newbie so to speak) I have been in. I kinda' feel insulted that now I have to sign up again. I found another forum where I am trusted, so to say; signing up once makes me responsible to participate. I wish you guys the best of luck! I am just giving a shout out to all my past hostesses that were awesome...I miss you guys. But, it is my choice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #406  
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

Well, I have to say I miss not being a part of the swaps. But, I feel that if I signed up once I should not have to sign up again. Hopefully the last one I am in will be mailed to me. I know it will because the hostess is a perfect woman. And, she has the bestest hand cream recipe ever! I am sad that this rule came into effect. I guess it had to be but it still makes me sad.
We all miss you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #407  
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

Man, I guess I have been lucky in the, what--7 or 8 swaps (I am a newbie so to speak) I have been in. I kinda' feel insulted that now I have to sign up again. I found another forum where I am trusted, so to say; signing up once makes me responsible to participate. I wish you guys the best of luck! I am just giving a shout out to all my past hostesses that were awesome...I miss you guys. But, it is my choice.
I understand but we are here if you change your mind. Thinking of you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #408  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to stampit74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside RoseView Post
Pam, I guess I'm mean too, because I TOTALLY agree with you! I want to see someone's style and the quality of their work if they are signing up for a swap I'm involved with, and especially if I'm hosting.

One of the first swaps I signed up for, two people signed to be in my PAT group who had no gallery and few posts. They only belong to SCS for ATC swaps. Well, they BOTH flaked and it was really frustrating for the hostess and the group members.
I can understand life circumstances changing and interfering but if they do, you have to let people know, so they aren't left hanging...I feel women are really understanding if they're just given a heads up about what's happening. I just think these changes are going to be great for SCS all around!

Last edited by stampit74; 06-07-2009 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #409  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

just staying informed!!!!!
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #410  
Mad Swapper

My apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I have a request...
in addition to the "announcement/big change" post at the bottom of the swaps opening page, can a sticky be added at the top of each area - cards, pages, etc. not "Wanna Swap - then READ THIS FIRST!!!" or something....I am finding a lot of people are still PMing me to be added to swaps, I've been re-posting the link to get here, but it can be confusing, esp for new members or those who have not been on for awhile. It was handled very well initially, but I think ongoing-wise, maybe better "PR" regarding the requirement to sign up in the swap group would be useful
I know it would really help me out as a host and be a time saver for everybody.
Thanks!

Last edited by chrisbrault; 06-17-2009 at 05:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #411  
Stazon Splitcoast

The announcement is also at the top of each swap forum page. I kind of feel that if they are overlooking that, they are also going to overlook the sticky that would appear right underneath it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #412  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbraultView Post
My apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I have a request...
in addition to the "announcement/big change" post at the bottom of the swaps opening page, can a sticky be added at the top of each area - cards, pages, etc. not "Wanna Swap - then READ THIS FIRST!!!" or something....I am finding a lot of people are still PMing me to be added to swaps, I've been re-posting the link to get here, but it can be confusing, esp for new members or those who have not been on for awhile. It was handled very well initially, but I think ongoing-wise, maybe better "PR" regarding the requirement to sign up in the swap group would be useful
I know it would really help me out as a host and be a time saver for everybody.
Thanks!
It would also be a good idea for hostesses to include a gentle reminder and a link in their swap announcement information..... just a thought, since this is going to be an ongoing issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #413  
Cardstock Collector

I would like to join this group, but would like to know how many cards we need to make for each swap? Does it depend on how many join that swap? Or is it a set number. How much time is usually given to complete cards? Where do I find the list of on going swaps? Thank you!!! stamping hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #414  
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasangelView Post
I would like to join this group, but would like to know how many cards we need to make for each swap? Does it depend on how many join that swap? Or is it a set number. How much time is usually given to complete cards? Where do I find the list of on going swaps? Thank you!!! stamping hugs!
Go to forums and click on cards. Every swap has different amounts of cards depending on the kind of swap. Most are 6 cards some are 4 and some are more depending on the number of swappers. Hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #415  
Insane Embellisher

Question......on my list of groups i belong to, it shows RAK and Swaps, but the swaps is grayed out. I had some issues getting all my info to accept, and thought I got it fixed, but I never got an answer or PM back saying I was ok to be in swaps? Help ?

StampinOnThePrairie my poor little bare bones blog - but come say Hi !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2009, 04:52 AM   #416  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaparhamView Post
Question......on my list of groups i belong to, it shows RAK and Swaps, but the swaps is grayed out. I had some issues getting all my info to accept, and thought I got it fixed, but I never got an answer or PM back saying I was ok to be in swaps? Help ?
I show that you're a member of both usergroups. I'm pretty sure the Swap mods are only contacting members if they are *not* accepted (for lack of information, etc.) into the group. Have fun swapping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #417  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

I posted a new swap & put it in my signature line with the link. It won't work. Does that have something to do with how many swaps I have going? This makes 3 open. Everything else has been swapped & returned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #418  
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by celestial_stamperView Post
I posted a new swap & put it in my signature line with the link. It won't work. Does that have something to do with how many swaps I have going? This makes 3 open. Everything else has been swapped & returned.
Hi Kate - I just checked on the three swaps in your signature line and they are all showing up okay. Are you still having issues?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2009, 04:13 AM   #419  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDiegoGalView Post
Hi Kate - I just checked on the three swaps in your signature line and they are all showing up okay. Are you still having issues?
Nope. All good now. I had even tried to just put the link in a post on a thread & it wouldn't work. I just kept trying & it finally took. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #420  
Embossing Fanatic

after having been unsuccesful in replying to a thread i sent a pm to a moderator and the hostess...boy do i feel silly now that i found the thread saying i had to join the group first. sorry girls... so hopefully i'll get approved soon and will be able to participate.

in any case i had a question regarding the image swaps. do the stamped images have to be colored in or just stamped and that's it.

thanks for letting this newbie know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #421  
Stazon Splitcoast

Typically the image swaps are just stamped images. Have fun swapping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #422  
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaGView Post
after having been unsuccesful in replying to a thread i sent a pm to a moderator and the hostess...boy do i feel silly now that i found the thread saying i had to join the group first. sorry girls... so hopefully i'll get approved soon and will be able to participate.

in any case i had a question regarding the image swaps. do the stamped images have to be colored in or just stamped and that's it.

thanks for letting this newbie know.
Justed inked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #423  
Insane Embellisher

Hiya..........I did my first swap a couple weeks ago and it was a blast getting so many cool images back. I'm kind of hoarding them now..lol

Anyway, I thought I saw somewhere on the board where they were asking for people to color images...you don't get them back, but they go to a Cards for Heroes thing. I don't think I imagined it (I sometimes do that) but you can hunt around. I'm too lazy to do that right now, haven't had my coffee yet !

You might also try joining the RAK group, you can send things to folks on the group as an act of kindness.

StampinOnThePrairie my poor little bare bones blog - but come say Hi !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #424  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaparhamView Post
Hiya..........I did my first swap a couple weeks ago and it was a blast getting so many cool images back. I'm kind of hoarding them now..lol

Anyway, I thought I saw somewhere on the board where they were asking for people to color images...you don't get them back, but they go to a Cards for Heroes thing. I don't think I imagined it (I sometimes do that) but you can hunt around. I'm too lazy to do that right now, haven't had my coffee yet !

You might also try joining the RAK group, you can send things to folks on the group as an act of kindness.
I have a link about this in my signature (but not to the swap alhough I am fairly certain you will find a link in the thread).

HTH and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #425  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Still not able to post

I have updated my personal info. and have subscribed to the thread that I want to join, but I am still not able to "reply" to post anything. Does it take several days to get approved? Where did I go wrong?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #426  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVegashottieView Post
I have updated my personal info. and have subscribed to the thread that I want to join, but I am still not able to "reply" to post anything. Does it take several days to get approved? Where did I go wrong?
Looks like you still need to request to join the group. Go to your profile and on the left hand side click on "Join a Group". Mark the appropriate circle. We process within a few hours or some times sooner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 03:50 AM   #427  
Kookie Creator

Default Hosting a Swap

I can't seem to locate or post for hosting a new swap. I doubled checked my profile and Swaps as a group shows up and I was able to post to 2 swaps I am in but can't seem to open a new thread to start my own swap. Can you let me know if there is something else I need to do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 04:01 AM   #428  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll ask Jenn to take a look at it. I am not sure what the problem would be. You are a member of the group so you should be able to start a thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 04:03 AM   #429  
Stazon Splitcoast

Elaine, can you tell me which forum you're trying to start a new swap in? That'll help me greatly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #430  
Kookie Creator

Default Starting a swap

I was trying under general swaps. One swap I signed up for closed (we don't know why) but several of us are still interested so I was going to post it as a new swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #431  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elaine DukinView Post
I was trying under general swaps. One swap I signed up for closed (we don't know why) but several of us are still interested so I was going to post it as a new swap.
I'll PM you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:56 AM   #432  
Stampin' Fool

Question

Sorry if I missed this somehwere and am now asking for answer to something that was asked previously, but here is my question:

Once someone is approved for membership in the Swap Group, that person may participate in ANY of the many types of swaps offered on SCS, correct?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #433  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post
Sorry if I missed this somehwere and am now asking for answer to something that was asked previously, but here is my question:

Once someone is approved for membership in the Swap Group, that person may participate in ANY of the many types of swaps offered on SCS, correct?

Thank you
Well, there are swaps that are in the SU! demo forums that only demos can participate in. And sometimes hostesses call for newbies or experienced stampers, but for the most part, yes the open swaps in the swap forums are all game.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 AM   #434  
Stampin' Fool

Thank you for responding.

I do not mean the SU! demo swaps.

I am referring to the ones listed in the Swaps Forum, where it lists cards, ATC's, 3-D items, scrapbook pages, recipes, proucts and images, etc.

Once approved for membership in the Swaps group, I could join any of those swaps, right?

I just want to be sure before I sign up.

Last edited by kitty14; 07-07-2009 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #435  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, you are not limited to a category or anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #436  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

OK! I understand it now.

Thank you for your help,

kitty14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #437  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Swap Forum

Hi, I was just wondering how we find out if we have been accepted into the Swap group?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #438  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'GramView Post
Hi, I was just wondering how we find out if we have been accepted into the Swap group?
You can find the answer to this questions in the first post of this thread.

I just checked on your profile page and it lists you as a member. You're all good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #439  
Mad Swapper

If you already have our personal information for the SU demo thread and the RAK thread, do we need to give it all out agian for the swap forum? Is our personal information stored in one place or several different places?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #440  
Stazon Splitcoast

Demo forum information is not kept on file after you join (we ask for very minimal information to join this group), and RAK group information (your name and mailing address) is maintained separately by the RAK group mods via the excel spreadsheet that's posted in the memebers-only forum. Joining the swap group will put your information in a private database that only admin and the swap moderators have access to. Does that help?
Reply With Quote Likes