Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAGIC COLORED PENCIL TECH - NEW HANDOUT AND COLOR CHARTS FROM DEBBIE GIMBEL

Just wanted to share this information which Debbie Gimbel, the creator of the Magic Colored Pencil sent me. One of them is a handout with additional information not contained in her booklet (Magic Colored Technique)from several years ago (she is currently working on a new one). The other two consist of a blended color chart which she recommends printing on Cougar Opaque which is her favorite paper for this technique. And then there's a list of her favorite Prismacolor Pencils which connect to her Color Theory booklet from Gingerwood - http://www.gingerstamp.com/.

The 3 files are MS Word files which are compressed in a zip file so you will need winzip to decompress them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip class handout new stuff pencil.ZIP (17.1 KB, 38337 views)

Visit my gallery: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=23807
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks so much! I have her print out from many years ago, so it's nice to be able to add to it! You're a doll to share it with us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 04:19 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I just read that! thank you so much for the time involved! I can't wait to try my hand at this technique. Now I want to go look at your gallery and see how it looks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2006, 08:17 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful information!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

In this info you say not to use the stumps made in China but the Lowe Cornell ones are okay. I'm confused because the Lowe Cornell ones that I have seen are made in China........in fact I can't seem to find anything but the ones made in China at any of my local stores.

Please clarify this so I can be sure to get the right ones.

Thank you so much!

-Joyce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #6  
LSN
Glitter Guru

Can anyone unzip the above file and resave and repost the unzipped version? I would love to be able to access and print the above file. TIA!

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2006, 10:01 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSN
Can anyone unzip the above file and resave and repost the unzipped version? I would love to be able to access and print the above file. TIA!

Linda
Hopefully, this will work!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Blended Pencil Chart.doc (61.0 KB, 799 views)
File Type: doc class handout new stuff pencil.doc (25.0 KB, 690 views)
File Type: doc Prismacolor Desired Pencil List.doc (21.0 KB, 600 views)

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2006, 03:03 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Default Unzipping my files

Hi, Linda - I am sorry you are having trouble unzipping the files - if you like you can email me privately - [email protected] - and I can cut and paste any of the documents you mentioned in an email - debbie gimbel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Joyce I'm not sure all the Lowe Cornells are from the same source anymore - I do know about the brand "Creative Mark" since I just checked the jerrys artarama site and saw the photo of the #3 stumps from Creative Mark and one dozen is $2.39 - http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-su.../0010364000000 - I hope this helps - debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2006, 08:52 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Debbie. I needed these by this weekend and was hoping to find the right ones at a local store. I did buy a "kit" by Prismacolor that included one Creative Mark stump (the largest) but the rest were made in china. I have noticed some say "Made in China" and some just say "China", I wonder if there's a difference? I'm going to use the China ones this weekend and then order some online for the the future.

Thanks so much!

-Joyce

p.s. even my 10 year old loves this coloring method now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 07:56 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiegimbel
Joyce I'm not sure all the Lowe Cornells are from the same source anymore - I do know about the brand "Creative Mark" since I just checked the jerrys artarama site and saw the photo of the #3 stumps from Creative Mark and one dozen is $2.39 - http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-su.../0010364000000 - I hope this helps - debbie
Welcome to SCS Debbie. I have been using this technique for about a year and I just love it so. It is almost hard to do anything else in my gallery!! I only have the stumps Made in China and I really haven't had any problem with them at all. What kinds of differences do you personally notice between Jerry's and MIC?

My favorite for this method is the portability......I have a bottle with a dauber and a plastic grape juice can which I have velcroed to a lap board. I put my pencils for my project in the juice can and load up the sponge applicator of the dauber and I'm good to go while I am traveling in the car. Drives my DH nuts....says I never see the scenery. Since loading the dauber bottle top can be tricky, I carry a plastic baggie and press the dauber on the inside of the baggie. Easy to contain if it overloads too. Just zip it up when you are done and keep for next time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 04:27 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Default So Happy You Like MCP

I am so happy you love the technique - it is addictive, isn't it? Finally grown-ups have a legitimate reason to "color in". You sound very organized, too - that's great - I thought it was cute that your husband said you never see the scenery - you are just having too much fun coloring.

I love to be organized too. I use a cutlery holder for the all my Magic Colored Pencil equipment - it holds the pencils and they are all nicely sorted in color groups. The holder has separate spots for stumps, my dremel, my electric eraser, the spirits, and the color charts. I think I'm a little obsessive - compulsive, but in a good way! Have fun coloring
debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Welcome to the SCS family Debbie. I just got some prismacolors thanks to your beautiful work and tutorials. Can't wait to have some time to play after I am done canning the goodies from our garden.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Is there any interest in people going together on an order from Jerrys Artarama for the stumps? If we get 10 people to order a dozen each the cost with all the postage would be only $4 to $4.50 each. Their minimum postage is $11.95 which is too steep to get just one package of the stumps. Any takers? We would have to do it before the 31st of this month. I would be willing to coordinate and remail the received items. I can do PayPal but only non-credit card payments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #15  
Glitter Queen

Default Difference In Stumps

It took me awhile to notice that there actually was a "stump situation". When I was demoing the technique, at some point stampers were having a problem getting the color to "move", when I used their stumps I had a problem too - "a ha'' says me. I was using my old favorite stumps so I didn't encounter the problem. I finally sat down and thought about it and tested every stump - until of course, the a pattern emerged - those that said "Made In China" seemed to be compressed so tightly that they could not wick the spirits - it was like trying to blend with a dry stump. I tried to solve the problem by "opening" new stumps - sanding them up a bit with the dremel or an emery board. That did not help. I finally separated out the culprits - I had about 150 stumps! and identified the good guy stumps - as I tested them all those made by Creative Mark were definitely the stars. The difference in ease of blending is huge.

This is my totally unscientific stump exploration - any body else have any guesses as to stump variation?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 06:28 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiegimbel
It took me awhile to notice that there actually was a "stump situation". When I was demoing the technique, at some point stampers were having a problem getting the color to "move", when I used their stumps I had a problem too - "a ha'' says me. I was using my old favorite stumps so I didn't encounter the problem. I finally sat down and thought about it and tested every stump - until of course, the a pattern emerged - those that said "Made In China" seemed to be compressed so tightly that they could not wick the spirits - it was like trying to blend with a dry stump. I tried to solve the problem by "opening" new stumps - sanding them up a bit with the dremel or an emery board. That did not help. I finally separated out the culprits - I had about 150 stumps! and identified the good guy stumps - as I tested them all those made by Creative Mark were definitely the stars. The difference in ease of blending is huge.

This is my totally unscientific stump exploration - any body else have any guesses as to stump variation?
Hello Debbie! I've been a big fan of this technique for a long time and actually learned from Cecilia in person some years back at one of our mutual upline's Stampin' Up! events. Its been my favorite way of coloring ever since.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the stump variation. The stumps made in China are too compressed for this technique. I used to also do charcoal and pastel drawings many moons ago, and also preferred the softness of the Creative Mark stumps back then. I'm so glad to see you here on SCS!

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

There must be a real difference even between the ones Made in China as I didn't really think I was having that much of a problem with mine. MIC was all I knew. Can't wait to get the ones from Jerrys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

If any of you are interested in the group order for Stumps...here is the link to that thread.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Creative Mark stumps/Jerry's now made in China!!

Hi Debbie. I just went to place an order for the Creative Mark stumps from Jerry's, and I thought I should make sure they were from Taiwan first. To my surprise, the lady at Jerry's went and looked at several packages, and she says they are all made in CHINA! I wonder if they changed or what is going on? These were the Creative Mark brand stumps. Now I don't know where to go to get the good stumps. Michael's and Joann all have the ones from China. All my art supply stores have the China ones also. Please help if you can. I love this method, and I need more stumps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2007, 09:28 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

I purchased the Creative Mark ones from Jerry's last August and they are wonderful. I didn't see any markings as to their origin on the package or stump.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

For those of you who are interested.....I will be putting in another order for stumps from Jerry's. It is open until the 20th. See my post in the Buy/Sell forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

I just received my own personal order, and I'm selling my surplus (I bought a ton to make it worth my shipping) on the Buy/Sell forum. Didn't know you would be placing an order, and I didn't want to wait. So, between the two of us, we should have everybody well stocked!

Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandydittmer
I just received my own personal order, and I'm selling my surplus (I bought a ton to make it worth my shipping) on the Buy/Sell forum. Didn't know you would be placing an order, and I didn't want to wait. So, between the two of us, we should have everybody well stocked!

Sandy
Oh No! I wish I had known. I went to the Buy/Sell forum and found it. Well, we are offering too different things. I'll post a link to your stump offering since it is different. That way people can choose which way they want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks, Ann. That would be great. They are going fast. I have 7 sets left at this point.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

sub

Blog Paper Rocks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hobby Lobby sells them if you are lucky enough to live near one of their stores. They have #5 on them and are made in Taiwan. They are really nice. I can't remember if they are in a pack or not because I have had mine for a while. Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

subbing

My Blog

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529View Post
Hopefully, this will work!
when i open the blended pencil one all i get is a blank piece of paper, is there another way i can get this?
Thanks for doing this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

Default try this

Here is the same chart in a .pdf format. Maybe you can get it that way. I believe there are more colors now then when the chart was first made.

I did about 6 stump share since this post first started. I hadn't planned on doing any more......if you want to purchase the type Debbie Gimbel recommends, go to www.jerrysartarama.com and put stumps in the search. These are the Creative Mark ones and they are excellent!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blended%20Pencil%20Chart[1].pdf (14.2 KB, 285 views)
Reply With Quote Likes