Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
Hi everyone! I have been MIA for so long. I definitely haven't gotten any pages done. Lots of cards though but they have been for my SU workshops. Right now I am working on swaps for regional that is this Saturday and cards, scrapbook pages and other projects to sell at a fall festival next month and then a Holiday Market in NOvember. The holiday market is an event I am actually organizing as a fundraiser for my girls' dance team. Somehow I became fundraising coordinator. The words "I'll help" is heard as "I'll be in charge".

The scrapbook pages I am making to sell are really challenging me because I still haven't been able to mix the stamping with the scrapping. I did a cute dps yesterday though.

I miss being on here and "talking" to my scrappy friends. I have been trying to stay off the computer so much because once I get online, I'm sucked in and next thing I know it's three hours later. I'm going to try and check in a couple of times a week though.

I've started checking out pages done this month so far and commented. Hopefully I can catch up for September.

Have a great day!
It's good to hear how you are doing. I know what you mean about being "sucked" in! I find the same thing happening and then it seems I get nothing else accomplished. Hope you get the chance to come back soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:38 AM   #122  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3FriesView Post
My upsize to 12x12 works beautifully! I have only had to upsize my journaling fonts as well to properly fill the spaces. AWESOME!!
Great to hear!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #123  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee3357View Post
I can't seem to get inspired to scrapbook....I'm finding it so incredibly challenging!! I'm so lazy!
Everyone deserves a break now and then! One of these days you'll see something that will just make you have that urge to create again! It happens to the best of us Enjoy your laziness for now ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #124  
Gallery Gazer

I've done a few pages for the Divine Digital and Big Picture Class sites but seem to have lost the steam now. Got laid off again this week (kind of thought this would begin to happen since I've been forced to spend time teaching the boss' daughter all the things that I do) However it would be nice when I'm laid off that she would actually do what she was shown instead of just letting it pile up for when they decide they want me back. This week I was to go in one day just to do the weekly payroll. Not sure what she's been doing but definitely none of the other bookkeeping things that need to be done to keep the company current. I guess he'll have to learn the hard way! In the meantime, I'll get to look for another job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #125  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my thrid page for the month thanks to Wendy's progressive challenge.........I LOVE THESE CHALLENGES..............
Sept. task #3 by taca410 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
please visit my
GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #126  
Die Cut Diva

Wow, it HAS been a long time since I've been on here. The site looks so different! Finally getting around to scrapping LAST year's fall pics...

Pumpkin Carving 2011 by rdoak03 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #127  
Die Cut Diva

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

hi! After getting NOTHING done in August (as far as scrapbooking, LOL) I have two pages done for September, a double page layout. I'm happy about that, LOL, and will try to get it posted tonight. I also need to update my signature. I've missed you guys but had to stop reading half way thru page 2 becuase I've got to get dinner going. Hope to check back after the kiddos are in bed tonight! And in the meantime, I did get page 1 posted on my blog here: Tanya's Stamps & Things: Mojo Scrapbook!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #128  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I've done a few pages for the Divine Digital and Big Picture Class sites but seem to have lost the steam now. Got laid off again this week (kind of thought this would begin to happen since I've been forced to spend time teaching the boss' daughter all the things that I do) However it would be nice when I'm laid off that she would actually do what she was shown instead of just letting it pile up for when they decide they want me back. This week I was to go in one day just to do the weekly payroll. Not sure what she's been doing but definitely none of the other bookkeeping things that need to be done to keep the company current. I guess he'll have to learn the hard way! In the meantime, I'll get to look for another job!
Ugh! That's the worst! I hope you find a new and even better job and the boss at your current place can learn the hard way about keeping good people!

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #129  

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
hi! After getting NOTHING done in August (as far as scrapbooking, LOL) I have two pages done for September, a double page layout. I'm happy about that, LOL, and will try to get it posted tonight. I also need to update my signature. I've missed you guys but had to stop reading half way thru page 2 becuase I've got to get dinner going. Hope to check back after the kiddos are in bed tonight! And in the meantime, I did get page 1 posted on my blog here: Tanya's Stamps & Things: Mojo Scrapbook!
Cute page! Love the white background pages!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #130  

I finished the Make-A-Wish album!!! I also printed 3 8x8 albums and have them all assembled I've put the 22 page album in my gallery here: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

An aside, I'm SO thrilled with my Epson 1430 wide format printer! I printed 42 12x12 pages with it earlier this summer and then ran out of paper and haven't gotten back to printing. Then tonight I printed 68 8x8 pages and I'm STILL not out of ink - and its still on the "sample" size smaller cartridges that came with!! AMAZING!! I did tell DH to please order me more ink tomorrow as I"m pretty sure if I tried to start printing these Make-A-Wish pages in 12x12 that it would run out before I got too far!

I'm feeling so pleased. Now to get one album packed with a thank you card and Ben's thank you letter to send along to Make-A-Wish UK. We'll go in person to present the one h here in town and ask them to pass along the third one to Ben's Wish sponsor.

Last edited by 3Fries; 09-20-2012 at 02:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #131  

Thursday Challenge

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #132  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Wink Yup

Quote:

I killed my best scrapbooking hours snoozing on the couch tonight. Booo!
been there ... done that ... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #133  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Hey, hey!

Quote:

... I miss being on here and "talking" to my scrappy friends. I have been trying to stay off the computer so much because once I get online, I'm sucked in and next thing I know it's three hours later. I'm going to try and check in a couple of times a week though.

I've started checking out pages done this month so far and commented. Hopefully I can catch up for September.

Have a great day!
Michele ... your "scrappy friends" miss you too! We're glad you can stop in and say hello.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #134  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Cool ohh

Quote:

well... I hope you find a new and better job! Bummer to have to do this though ... :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #135  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Welcome back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdoak03View Post
Wow, it HAS been a long time since I've been on here. The site looks so different! Finally getting around to scrapping LAST year's fall pics...

Hey Bekah ... good to see you (and UR pages) ... :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #136  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
Lately I have been having a hard time coming up with titles for my pages and wonder if each layout really needs a title??!?!
Even though I think I have titles for my pages I don't ever think it needs it...it's all about what you want :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #137  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I know what you mean! I love using stamped quotes (sentiments from the many sets I have), or just a quote, to fit what's going on on the page(s). I think as long as there is journalling then maybe a title is optional - but I ALWAYS think journalling is a must!
Journaling is important but if I don't journal I have a title; sometimes the pics are self-explanatory so I try to find the title in the 'moment'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #138  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee3357View Post
I can't seem to get inspired to scrapbook....I'm finding it so incredibly challenging!! I'm so lazy!
I doubt if you're 'lazy', I'm thinking you're just very busy! :-) We all go through 'dry' spells but it's like anything sometimes you need to relax and rejuvenated...or, push through the lack of inspiration. I know I've been doing way less than I use to which is why I am trying to do a L.O.A.D....though I'm waaaaaaaay behind...however, I have about 10 pages more than I did :-). I was lacking inspiration so I just started to use my favorites and some challenges to force my way through...still not 'there' yet but on my way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #139  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

and then a Holiday Market in NOvember. The holiday market is an event I am actually organizing as a fundraiser for my girls' dance team. Somehow I became fundraising coordinator. The words "I'll help" is heard as "I'll be in charge".
Michele...we live parallel lives, lol! I don't sell SU but I am running a FR Fall Festival for dd1 HS class ;-). Good luck with yours!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #140  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Got laid off again this week (kind of thought this would begin to happen since I've been forced to spend time teaching the boss' daughter all the things that I do) However it would be nice when I'm laid off that she would actually do what she was shown instead of just letting it pile up for when they decide they want me back. This week I was to go in one day just to do the weekly payroll. Not sure what she's been doing but definitely none of the other bookkeeping things that need to be done to keep the company current. I guess he'll have to learn the hard way! In the meantime, I'll get to look for another job!
Sounds like a crazy work situation...good luck with the job hunting! I'm starting to look too and hopefully will get something after the 1st of the year if not before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #141  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdoak03View Post

Nice to see you back again Bekah :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #142  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
Trying to get caught up with reading too...you sound like a very busy woman!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #143  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I finished the Make-A-Wish album!!! I also printed 3 8x8 albums and have them all assembled I've put the 22 page album in my gallery here: Stampin Up! Gallery: Paralympics Make-A-Wish Trip - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

An aside, I'm SO thrilled with my Epson 1430 wide format printer! I printed 42 12x12 pages with it earlier this summer and then ran out of paper and haven't gotten back to printing. Then tonight I printed 68 8x8 pages and I'm STILL not out of ink - and its still on the "sample" size smaller cartridges that came with!! AMAZING!! I did tell DH to please order me more ink tomorrow as I"m pretty sure if I tried to start printing these Make-A-Wish pages in 12x12 that it would run out before I got too far!

I'm feeling so pleased. Now to get one album packed with a thank you card and Ben's thank you letter to send along to Make-A-Wish UK. We'll go in person to present the one h here in town and ask them to pass along the third one to Ben's Wish sponsor.
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to go see it, sounds exciting! :-) Love my Epson too but a different model ;-))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #144  
Gallery Gazer

I think I'm caught up with the reading but still need to view the gallery...just going to start a dps first though :-). Hope you're all having a great Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #145  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Eeee gads!!! I can't believe how fast that week went...I thought this was a reposting of the Thursday challenge but it's a new one...I must be in a time warp of some kind :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #146  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Journaling is important but if I don't journal I have a title; sometimes the pics are self-explanatory so I try to find the title in the 'moment'.
Agreed - journaling in my everyday album to me means where and when the photo was taken and who is in the photos if it is not obvious who is in the photo. If I have a title and the pics are pretty self explanatory, then I don't always journal. Sometimes I just have a great sketch and a couple fave photos with the date. I'm learning to be less rigid.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #147  

Question - what is your favourite way to scrap? Double page spreads or single pages?

I realized as I was working on that last album that I was really hating forcing myself to do double pages (so that I could make the work of the album easier and quicker). I rather like doing single pages with sometimes even only one photo now - maybe its a fad? ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #148  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Question - what is your favourite way to scrap? Double page spreads or single pages?

I realized as I was working on that last album that I was really hating forcing myself to do double pages (so that I could make the work of the album easier and quicker). I rather like doing single pages with sometimes even only one photo now - maybe its a fad? ;)
I use lots of photos for the most part, it's hard for me to use just one photo. :-) Because of that, I tend to do double page spreads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #149  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

[QUOT=3Fries;19698577]I finished the Make-A-Wish album!!! I also printed 3 8x8 albums and have them all assembled I've put the 22 page album in my gallery here: Stampin Up! Gallery: Paralympics Make-A-Wish Trip - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

I'm feeling so pleased. Now to get one album packed with a thank you card and Ben's thank you letter to send along to Make-A-Wish UK. We'll go in person to present the one h here in town and ask them to pass along the third one to Ben's Wish sponsor.[/QUOTE]

You deserve to feel pleased, Terri! I just checked out your 22 page album and it is absolutely STUNNING! You did an amazing job (lots of basketballs too ). I'll be very surprised if the Make a Wish people don't use your album in their PR somehow. It all deserves to be published. No kidding! I am so delighted for you. LOVE it!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #150  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

just dropping in to say hi and see if anybody is around... I am soooo tired, but I am sooooo in the mood to stamp or scrap. I need to clean my house and all I got done today was made bread and laundry. Good thing there is always tomorrow!
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #151  

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
[QUOT=3Fries;19698577]I finished the Make-A-Wish album!!! I also printed 3 8x8 albums and have them all assembled I've put the 22 page album in my gallery here: Stampin Up! Gallery: Paralympics Make-A-Wish Trip - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

You deserve to feel pleased, Terri! I just checked out your 22 page album and it is absolutely STUNNING! You did an amazing job (lots of basketballs too ). I'll be very surprised if the Make a Wish people don't use your album in their PR somehow. It all deserves to be published. No kidding! I am so delighted for you. LOVE it![/QUOTE]

Thanks Wendy I was thinking of you as I was making the basketball pages and giggling as I know how much you love my basketball pages, LOL. There is room in the back of each album for a cd, I'm trying to decide if I want to give them a digital copy of the album but I'm inclined not to. I'm really hoping that the company that sponsored Ben's Wish enjoys it too. I tried really hard to capture the experience from Ben's eyes, and the huge pleasure he felt!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #152  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
just dropping in to say hi and see if anybody is around... I am soooo tired, but I am sooooo in the mood to stamp or scrap. I need to clean my house and all I got done today was made bread and laundry. Good thing there is always tomorrow!
Bread and laundry are both good! If I can get laundry done tomorrow I will be doing something incredible, lol!

I hope you got some stampin and scrapping done tonight!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #153  
Die Cut Diva

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

I browsed a little of the gallery this morning while eating breakfast, and also got my first two pages for September loaded! Yeay!

Day Trip
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #154  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Sounds like a crazy work situation...good luck with the job hunting! I'm starting to look too and hopefully will get something after the 1st of the year if not before.
Thanks...I guess that means you didn't get the job with the local girl scouts that you had mentioned a while back?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #155  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Thanks...I guess that means you didn't get the job with the local girl scouts that you had mentioned a while back?
No, a bit bummed. I still haven't heard if anyone got the job; we haven't heard a name with the new position. Either way 2013 is the year I need to get a career going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #156  
Gallery Gazer

Anyone hanging around today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

I had so much fun at the VSN last night I think I am going to go hang out there again tonight. It feels soooooooooooooooooooo good to be stamping again! Come hang and chat with me....
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #158  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I had so much fun at the VSN last night I think I am going to go hang out there again tonight. It feels soooooooooooooooooooo good to be stamping again! Come hang and chat with me....
Hello Anavon...I'm not a VSN girl...I don't stamp often and that pace overwhelms me :eek:. I'm having fun using my cricut to finish my page; haven't used it for more than a few things in a while. Have fun at VSN! I may come and take a peek.

Ok, so we need to stop the month for a little bit so I can catch up to my L.O.A.D. committment...how do we do that? :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #159  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

No, a bit bummed. I still haven't heard if anyone got the job; we haven't heard a name with the new position. Either way 2013 is the year I need to get a career going.
I'm sorry to hear that...it sounded like the perfect fit for you too! Good luck on your search.

I've got a pretty definite prospect for another job but it won't be ready until the end of October or November some time. It's pretty much exactly what I'm doing now except I would not have to be answering to anyone other than the 3 partners and they don't want to be bothered with too much of the day to day running. I would have remote access from the workplace and I would get to make my own hours and be home in the mornings and afternoons for DGS so he won't have to go to before and after school child care anymore. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending up prayers that this deal all goes through as planned. It almost sounds too good to be true but I'm really ready for a change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #160  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'll have to go and check it out. I need to make some cards but don't seem to have any mojo or inspiration to get going (you know it's not digi )
Reply With Quote Likes