Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #81  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thursday Challenge

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #82  

My page for Thursdays challenge.

DSC00810_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #83  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

For the card makers in our midst, did you see the cool competition Taylored Expressions is having? They're even giving some free digi stamps to print out and use if you don't own any of their images. Looks like fun--viewers even get to vote for their favorite cards!

Here's the link.

Taylored Expressions: LAST CARD STANDING! by thestampinbean at Splitcoaststampers

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #84  
Gallery Gazer

Default ENABLER ALERT:-)

I am in my craft room for the rest of the day starting now...turned on the tv & while flipping channels I come across HSN who is having a 24-hour craft day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #85  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
I am in my craft room for the rest of the day starting now...turned on the tv & while flipping channels I come across HSN who is having a 24-hour craft day!
Sounds fun. I finally have a little free time today so I am going to try to get at least one layout done before the kids come home and the homework cycle starts - again!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #86  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Sounds fun. I finally have a little free time today so I am going to try to get at least one layout done before the kids come home and the homework cycle starts - again!
Nothing I need, thankfully ;-)). I just had one come home, fortunately mine are old enough to do homework on their own. I'm behind on my LOAD (not sure how you do it!) but hopefully I'll make a dent this afternoon since I am determined.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #87  
Gallery Gazer

This was done a few days ago but SCS or my internet kicked me off before it finished loading...

Swim Lessons
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #88  

Here are some pages I did last month for the creative crew challenges but got sick before I could post them here. TFL

DSC00766_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC00764_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC00762_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DSC00760_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #89  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,003 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Default You are an enabler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
I have my tv on right now!

Sharon

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #90  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post

I have my tv on right now!

Sharon
LOL! I changed channel and have been watching movie on TCM, I love b&w movies and it's been screwball comedies with Claudette Colbert :-). I just finished a dps, need to pick up dd2, then off to do another dps :-).

Gladiator Girls

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 09-13-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #91  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Well I did it!! I just posted both 2 page layouts and I am THRILLED to get them done. The best part was everything I used was in my stash. Here they are:

Left pages:
sbc12sep Fun at Riverfest - Left by Crooked Stamper at Splitcoaststampers

Right Pages:
sbc12sep Fun at Riverfest - Right by Crooked Stamper at Splitcoaststampers

I'm going to try to do more for September and then increase my goal for October. TL!!

Last edited by Crooked Stamper; 09-13-2012 at 06:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #92  
Forum Fanatic

Great pages Sis!!
please visit my
GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #93  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm on a roll this month... it looks like every one is beginning to roll. There are some great pages in the gallery.

Beach combing

I have a few more pages to do with all the beach pictures I took this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #94  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
Well I did it!! I just posted both 2 page layouts and I am THRILLED to get them done. The best part was everything I used was in my stash. Here they are:

Left pages:
sbc12sep Fun at Riverfest - Left by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Right Pages:
sbc12sep Fun at Riverfest - Right by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm going to try to do more for September and then increase my goal for October. TL!!
Great pages, can't wait to see more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #95  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I'm on a roll this month... it looks like every one is beginning to roll. There are some great pages in the gallery.

Beach combing

I have a few more pages to do with all the beach pictures I took this year.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who does more than 1 or 2 pages on one event. They're like Lays potato chips...bet you can't make just one...:smile:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #96  

I'm sitting here looking at the 1000+ photos from our trip to London earlier this month feeling overwhelmed by the decision about which photos to use!! I am making 3 8x8 albums for gifts (digital) - one for Make-A-Wish Northern Alberta, one for Make-A-Wish UK and one for the company that sponsored our son Ben's Wish and made it possible for us to be at the Paralympics! These will be the first pages I have made in an 8x8 format - I usually always work in 12x12.

I'm also using some Creative Memories Digital artwork for the first time in My Digital Studio. I'm so excited that they finally made many of their kits available in universal format! They have some beautiful artwork, and also some kits that are special for Make-A-Wish.

Happy to be home and scrapbooking

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #97  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3FriesView Post
I'm sitting here looking at the 1000+ photos from our trip to London earlier this month feeling overwhelmed by the decision about which photos to use!! I am making 3 8x8 albums for gifts (digital) - one for Make-A-Wish Northern Alberta, one for Make-A-Wish UK and one for the company that sponsored our son Ben's Wish and made it possible for us to be at the Paralympics! These will be the first pages I have made in an 8x8 format - I usually always work in 12x12.

I'm also using some Creative Memories Digital artwork for the first time in My Digital Studio. I'm so excited that they finally made many of their kits available in universal format! They have some beautiful artwork, and also some kits that are special for Make-A-Wish.

Happy to be home and scrapbooking
I feel for you! You know though, if you are more comfortable working on a 12x12 canvas, just do it and then resize the whole layout down to 8x8. You can do that when working in the digi world.....Just make sure to keep your elements and journaling at least one inch in from all sides since you'll be putting it into a book (unless you are just printing out pages and inserting them into sleeves) I did my ABC album as 12x12 and then reduced them down to 8x8 to do a printed book. Worked out great (except for keeping things away from edges )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #98  
Gallery Gazer

I just completed a page for a challenge being held at Divine Digital. Royanna is hosting it and it's to help one find one's "scrapping purpose". I think I'm going to give it a go since I got laid off again for next week and I don't have a lot planned like 2 weeks ago other than cleaning, cooking, and bookkeeping work.

I am an artist

TFL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #99  

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I feel for you! You know though, if you are more comfortable working on a 12x12 canvas, just do it and then resize the whole layout down to 8x8. You can do that when working in the digi world.....Just make sure to keep your elements and journaling at least one inch in from all sides since you'll be putting it into a book (unless you are just printing out pages and inserting them into sleeves) I did my ABC album as 12x12 and then reduced them down to 8x8 to do a printed book. Worked out great (except for keeping things away from edges )
I have done this before - resizing down to 8x8. I just thought it would be fun to try something completely new and create in 8x8. So far its going well, just having a few issues trying to figure out the new MDS2 update! Some of the things I was used to on the original version have changed, but otherwise, I did have some success adding my new Non-SU content with no problems!

I have 5 pages done so far. 1/4 of the way finished as I am doing a 20 page album!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #100  

Quote:

Making photo choices is always hard, but especially in this digital camera age when we can take so many photos! Good luck narrowing them down, Terri!

The only trouble I find sometimes with resizing from 12x12 to 8x8 is the photos, text and elements get reduced down so much I find them hard to see or read. Ordinarily, when I do a 12x12 page, I always make sure everything is comfortable to view as 12x12, but reducing it down sometimes makes my text or such kind of squirrely and hard to see clearly. Keeping the photos a little larger to begin with will minimize that from being a problem when reducing, but I recommend keeping the text size and element size in mind, too! (Especially tiny things like brads.)

Nice to see you "here" again, Terri. You've been such a busy gal!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #101  

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
Making photo choices is always hard, but especially in this digital camera age when we can take so many photos! Good luck narrowing them down, Terri!

The only trouble I find sometimes with resizing from 12x12 to 8x8 is the photos, text and elements get reduced down so much I find them hard to see or read. Ordinarily, when I do a 12x12 page, I always make sure everything is comfortable to view as 12x12, but reducing it down sometimes makes my text or such kind of squirrely and hard to see clearly. Keeping the photos a little larger to begin with will minimize that from being a problem when reducing, but I recommend keeping the text size and element size in mind, too! (Especially tiny things like brads.)

Nice to see you "here" again, Terri. You've been such a busy gal!
Nice to be "here"! I hope fall can be a little less busy!

I'm enjoying my 8x8 pages, the only thing I'm not sure I like is the tinier photos to make it so I can fit enough in. I may end up enlarging the photos just a bit on a few pages. I downloaded and print Page Map archives from Becky Fleck so I am working with some really fun sketches for the project. I'm also stretching or mirroring to make two page spreads. I'm using font sizes that I normally would use so that's not a problem. I might try seeing what happens to upsize the pages to 12x12 for our own album, but I like the idea of the 8x8 for gifts.

I will upload photos in a day or two once I'm closer to done. I have 13 of 20 pages done now! I think knowing I don't want more pages than 20 is helping me to focus on photo choices too.

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow and could keep creating!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #102  
Gallery Gazer

Only one more layout for the year to make my goal...all the rest done will be a bonus!
This layout was for day 2 of the Scrapping for a Purpose Challenge at Divine Digital. It's going to be interesting to see where she does on this journey.

Why do I scrap?

TFL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 AM   #103  

Quote:

Only one more layout for the year to make my goal...all the rest done will be a bonus!
This layout was for day 2 of the Scrapping for a Purpose Challenge at Divine Digital. It's going to be interesting to see where she does on this journey.

Why do I scrap?

TFL!
What a great page! Congratulations on meeting your yearly goal way early!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Inspriration Challenge

Here is the Inspiration Challenge!
Enjoy!

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #105  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning...

Well I'm definitely behind my L.O.A.D. goal but am still working towards it ;-). Here is my lates dps:

One Fun Day

The girls are off school today so I'm hoping to get some quiet time to work away on some pages. Off to print some pics now :-). I hope to relax later this afternoon and comment on the gallery.

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #106  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here are two more pages I did for September.

Page one

Page two

Little by little getting my Panama trip album done.

Shaorn

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #107  
Glitter Guru

I am suppose to be writting my title for the latest page I have done but I keep getting tied up reading emails and posts. I will be back shortly with the two pages completed over the week end.
Lately I have been having a hard time coming up with titles for my pages and wonder if each layout really needs a title??!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #108  

Quote:

I am suppose to be writting my title for the latest page I have done but I keep getting tied up reading emails and posts. I will be back shortly with the two pages completed over the week end.
Lately I have been having a hard time coming up with titles for my pages and wonder if each layout really needs a title??!?!
I know what you mean! I love using stamped quotes (sentiments from the many sets I have), or just a quote, to fit what's going on on the page(s). I think as long as there is journalling then maybe a title is optional - but I ALWAYS think journalling is a must!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #109  

Quote:

Why do I scrap?

TFL!
I went and checked out the challenge Terry - it looks awesome!! I'm tempted to follow along, even though I'm already behind, LOL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #110  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who does more than 1 or 2 pages on one event. They're like Lays potato chips...bet you can't make just one...:smile:
I was begining to wonder if I was the only person who usually makes just one or two pages for each event. I can not see making a whole album for just one event!! It gets too boring..... making as well as looking at.

I was at a crop recently and listening to the two ladies (the two of them were friends) that sat across from me. One lady was telling the other "No you don't have to put that photo on your page, no you don't want that one either etc." She did that a number of times and I was begining to feel self consious about using 4, 5, or 6 photos on some pages. Of course I could not see over all our supplies on the table to get a good look at the ladies layouts to see what they were talking about. So during one of the times when lady two was away from the table, I asked lady one "Why was she telling her not to use all those photos for pages." You know, I thought I might be doing something weird by occasionally using lots of photos or making several pages from a group of stamps. No, lady one said that lady two takes 300 to 600 (I am sure she exaggerated) photos of each event and there was only so many times you wanted to see the same people doing the same thing in the same group in every picture in your album.

I feel there is no wrong way to scrap and if I happen to print 20 photos of the same event I may find a way to fill an album. Usually I just don't have or take that many pictures. BUT, since I live close to the beach, my son lives close to the beach, my sister winters close to the beach, I take my grandkids on vacation to the beach, I have tons of beach pictures. Just not the same beach or the same time, but we go to the beach alot!!

More beach layouts to come...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #111  

Quote:

I was begining to wonder if I was the only person who usually makes just one or two pages for each event. I can not see making a whole album for just one event!! It gets too boring..... making as well as looking at.

I was at a crop recently and listening to the two ladies (the two of them were friends) that sat across from me. One lady was telling the other "No you don't have to put that photo on your page, no you don't want that one either etc." She did that a number of times and I was begining to feel self consious about using 4, 5, or 6 photos on some pages. Of course I could not see over all our supplies on the table to get a good look at the ladies layouts to see what they were talking about. So during one of the times when lady two was away from the table, I asked lady one "Why was she telling her not to use all those photos for pages." You know, I thought I might be doing something weird by occasionally using lots of photos or making several pages from a group of stamps. No, lady one said that lady two takes 300 to 600 (I am sure she exaggerated) photos of each event and there was only so many times you wanted to see the same people doing the same thing in the same group in every picture in your album.

I feel there is no wrong way to scrap and if I happen to print 20 photos of the same event I may find a way to fill an album. Usually I just don't have or take that many pictures. BUT, since I live close to the beach, my son lives close to the beach, my sister winters close to the beach, I take my grandkids on vacation to the beach, I have tons of beach pictures. Just not the same beach or the same time, but we go to the beach alot!!

More beach layouts to come...........
Haha! I take sometimes 300 pictures at an event - or at least it feels that way! ;) I try to choose my 6-10 best photos from each event and use just those on a two page spread. I tend to agree that sometimes when all the photos start to look same maybe you don't need anymore than that!

I'm working on an 8x8 gift album (will be gifted to three different groups of people, plus printing one for me) of our recent trip to London, England. There are more than 1000 photos total, and I culled those down to my favourite 275, and now I've decided to have only 20 pages in the album and am deciding from those 275 which will go on the 20 pages. Definitely having a finite number of pages makes that easier!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #112  

Quote:

I'm enjoying my 8x8 pages, the only thing I'm not sure I like is the tinier photos to make it so I can fit enough in. I may end up enlarging the photos just a bit on a few pages...I might try seeing what happens to upsize the pages to 12x12 for our own album, but I like the idea of the 8x8 for gifts.
My upsize to 12x12 works beautifully! I have only had to upsize my journaling fonts as well to properly fill the spaces. AWESOME!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #113  
Glitter Guru

The next two pages done for Sept. Going back to single pages with 5x7 picture. The other one I had no more pictures of my DGD for this day at the beach. She spends a lot of time "rescuing" things from the beach.

Surfing the Waves

Rescuing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #114  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Haha! I take sometimes 300 pictures at an event - or at least it feels that way! ;) I try to choose my 6-10 best photos from each event and use just those on a two page spread. I tend to agree that sometimes when all the photos start to look same maybe you don't need anymore than that!

I'm working on an 8x8 gift album (will be gifted to three different groups of people, plus printing one for me) of our recent trip to London, England. There are more than 1000 photos total, and I culled those down to my favourite 275, and now I've decided to have only 20 pages in the album and am deciding from those 275 which will go on the 20 pages. Definitely having a finite number of pages makes that easier!
It totally works to have a lot of photos to choose from when you are making several albums of one event for different people. Half of the pictures I take are not scrapbook quality and after printing only the best, I still end up not using some. One advantage with digi over traditional, you don't print pictures you end up not wanting. I'm still just thrilled with digital cameras over tradition film. Wow, I wonder is that will end up being the future of pictures, only digital no prints. Naw, can't happen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #115  
Hardware Hotshot

I can't seem to get inspired to scrapbook....I'm finding it so incredibly challenging!! I'm so lazy!
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #116  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I finally got some layouts done and posted in the gallery. Yay! Hope to find more inspiration this week.

Farewell Party

Making Dinos

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #117  

The digiscrap challenge and progressive challenge (task 3) have been posted for tomorrow!

Check 'em out:

Progressive Challenge Task 3: SEPT. 2012-Task 3-DIGISCRAP PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE (DGSCPR004Task3) by wendella247 at Splitcoaststampers

DGSC081 – Digi Challenge for 09/18/12: DGSC081 - At An Angle (09/18/12) by clarhan at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #118  

I killed my best scrapbooking hours snoozing on the couch tonight. Booo!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #119  

I think I need to re-vamp my plan. I have only ONE page left in my 20 pages, and I know I still have one more double layout to do of our visit to the Olympic Park and the Wheelchair Rugby match we saw. I guess that one extra page protector per album is reasonable - plus an extra one to add the two media stories that were printed?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #120  
Glitter Guru

Hi everyone! I have been MIA for so long. I definitely haven't gotten any pages done. Lots of cards though but they have been for my SU workshops. Right now I am working on swaps for regional that is this Saturday and cards, scrapbook pages and other projects to sell at a fall festival next month and then a Holiday Market in NOvember. The holiday market is an event I am actually organizing as a fundraiser for my girls' dance team. Somehow I became fundraising coordinator. The words "I'll help" is heard as "I'll be in charge".

The scrapbook pages I am making to sell are really challenging me because I still haven't been able to mix the stamping with the scrapping. I did a cute dps yesterday though.

I miss being on here and "talking" to my scrappy friends. I have been trying to stay off the computer so much because once I get online, I'm sucked in and next thing I know it's three hours later. I'm going to try and check in a couple of times a week though.

I've started checking out pages done this month so far and commented. Hopefully I can catch up for September.

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes