Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I AM BACK!!!!!!!! for keeps this time... Life has been so awesome, crazy, but awesome! I had to take some time and find myself again. Some refer to it as my midlife crisis, some call it re-inventing myself. I called it self preservation! I bought a little bright red Mazda Miata convertible, spent traveling with my husband and time with my kids. I enjoyed some time in the kitchen again and researching the history of the civil war and the impact it had on the people here in the south, the culture and southern foods. I have had a wonderful time, and have a new adventure ahead of me. If anyone is interested in what my new endeavor is, you can check it out and follow along with me at my new blog entitled "A RUN ON THE BEACH".

I have missed everyone here and I am excited to scrap some of my new pictures.

My goal for Oct. is going to be 10.
OLW: Joy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Great challenge Patti - I pray you are on the mend and scrapping soon... I'll have to check into seeing if I can take you up on it during my attempt to get to a Layout a Day.

Just checking in with my progress so I can keep myself accountable..I'll load a few later, but now, many are in process and I'm slightly behind, but if I get too fanatical about this my house falls apart (I have so many leaves being traipsed in from outside that I think I should rake instead of vacuum... which is sadly needed right now!)

Anyway-(no links; just my own accountability so bear with me)
LOAD 1 - 2nd grade Class pic
LOAD 2 - 1st grade Class pic
LOAD 3 - A's Golden birthday (just need to cut the title on my Sil)
LOAD 4 - Hot Fun in the Summer
LOAD 5, 6, 7 - I envision kicking my butt in gear on these tomorrow. Pics/papers/sketches pulled; just trying to balance my own goal with the needs of the house. In the meantime, I do have 5 pages done for the month!

Indian Summer weather is tugging at us to get outside here too. 80 degrees!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
I AM BACK!!!!!!!! for keeps this time... Life has been so awesome, crazy, but awesome! I had to take some time and find myself again. Some refer to it as my midlife crisis, some call it re-inventing myself. I called it self preservation! I bought a little bright red Mazda Miata convertible, spent traveling with my husband and time with my kids. I enjoyed some time in the kitchen again and researching the history of the civil war and the impact it had on the people here in the south, the culture and southern foods. I have had a wonderful time, and have a new adventure ahead of me. If anyone is interested in what my new endeavor is, you can check it out and follow along with me at my new blog entitled "A RUN ON THE BEACH".

I have missed everyone here and I am excited to scrap some of my new pictures.

My goal for Oct. is going to be 10.

Good for you Annie! That actually sounds fantastic! Welcome back!

Patti- hope your leg gets better soon.

Wendy- is it wierd that I 'miss' you? Even though we never met when I lived in Phx I felt like we were neighbors. LOL

So fan to see some new people here since I've been gone too. I'm hoping to get a few little books done for my in-laws for Christmas so here's to hoping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #44  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default GREAT GREAT News--Great news &--Not so great news

I have some GREAT great news, some Great news and some Not so great news. . .

The GREAT GREAT news first -- check out the Home page -- yes, the scrap challenges are now listed there!! I'm so happy about this! :p I hope it helps bring in some new faces! The only one not there is the Thursday challenge, because that one is part of the Goals challenge and that's listed separately.

The Great news (for me, anyway) is that tomorrow we're leaving for a week at Disney World. We're going with 9 other friends from our dance club. We're gonna have a blast! I'm sure I'll be scrapping pictures from the trip for the next year!!

O.K., the not so great news is that, after a lot of thought, I've decided to step down as the co-hostess for the Monday Inspiration Challenge. I've certainly enjoyed the position, but just find that at the present time I've need to do a little prioritizing.

But, on a better note, my co-host, Sharon (smadson) is going to keep the challenge going every other week, just as it has been since we've been co-hosting together. Sharon has indicated that she'd like it better if another co-hostess could be found to share the position with her, so if any of you are interested in hosting one inspiration per month, contact Sharon!

I still plan to be active on SCS and the scrapbook forums, just not as a regular hostess. I'll probably still offer to host a VSBN challenge when they come around too.

So, I'll see you in a week -- I'll have no internet access until then!

---------------

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!

Last edited by wendella247; 10-06-2011 at 08:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #45  

Funny, Lynley, I know exactly what you mean. It is too bad we never got together. It's nice to see you popping in to visit us here again!

And, Anavon, it's great to see you again too. As far as I can tell, you've always got a new adventure going! No grass grows under your feet!

Have a great week, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's great to see you back Anavon and that you finally got the car you wanted...not what your family wanted you to have Sounds super!

I am watching the guys today finish up my new patio. The granite counter tops do not get installed until 10/17 and that is when they hook up the gas grill BUT within the next couple of days, we will be able to have campfires in our fire pit and roast lots of marshmellows! Will have to go look for marshmellow sticks...anyone know of a good store to get them? This is definitely not something I've ever had to shop for and since DGS is "making his lists" to invite friends for evening fires, I think I'll need a whole bunch of them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,004 Likes on 1,511 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
It's great to see you back Anavon and that you finally got the car you wanted...not what your family wanted you to have Sounds super!

I am watching the guys today finish up my new patio. The granite counter tops do not get installed until 10/17 and that is when they hook up the gas grill BUT within the next couple of days, we will be able to have campfires in our fire pit and roast lots of marshmellows! Will have to go look for marshmellow sticks...anyone know of a good store to get them? This is definitely not something I've ever had to shop for and since DGS is "making his lists" to invite friends for evening fires, I think I'll need a whole bunch of them
We used to just use wire hangers! The have special marshmello sticks? LOL I guess I am old!

Sharon

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wendy,

I like your good news! They do have those challenges there! HOORAY!
Of course, you know what I think of your not so good news...:( But, as long as you still hang around here.... I still need my mentor support! ;)
But what she said..anyone want to co-hostess?

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

It's been a HECTIC crazy week for me...I keep thinking it's going to get easier and some how it doesn't...oh, well I'll get to scrap again some day. :cool:

In the meantime, here are some Gold Star Awards to hand out from VSBN :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
We used to just use wire hangers! The have special marshmello sticks? LOL I guess I am old!

Sharon
I never thought of that! And I just gave over 200 wire hangers away at my Labor Day yard sale! Now I have a use for the ones I get every week...thanks Sharon...what a great way to recycle! I'll have DGS design some. I'm pretty sure we have wire cutters somewhere and he can cut and bend the handles...great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Patti! If I lived closer I would make you some blueberry pancakes dear! Hugs! Hope your leg is better.
I love the Thursday challenge. Gonna try and work on that tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Anavon! It's seems like so long! So glad you're back

Wendy, love your great news. So sad you're not going to be in on inspiration challenge anymore but totally understand how life goes! Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #53  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Terry, This sounds AWESOME!!!

Wendy- can't wait to see your photos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Yesterday, I tried to post a link to my layouts for the month, and my computer crashed. Anyone having any problems, or does my computer just have a really special virus? :( Anyway, I'm trying again on my hubby's computer this time, so hopefully nothing will go wrong!

Sledding

Snowbaby

Deck the Halls

Marionette Show

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #55  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
Patti! If I lived closer I would make you some blueberry pancakes dear! Hugs! Hope your leg is better.
I love the Thursday challenge. Gonna try and work on that tomorrow!
Thanks!!!! :p

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Good Evening friends...

I forgot to update you all yesterday too about my other two blogs, they are back up and going again. So all your favorite recipes and inspirational crafting ideas are moving forward again. Please read the posts dated 10/01/11, it give a full explanation of why I have been in hiding all all summer....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's so great to see everyone's faces (and goals.) My 2011 has been INSANE I went MIA big time. I was going to wait till 2012 to pick back up with my goals but decided, why wait!!!!
I got married on August 20th and with that came a new hubby, a new home (for the boys and I), and a new scrapbook room. ;-) I have been spending 2-3 nights a week in my room getting it organized. Last week I was able to crack open my books and pull out my pictures to attempt to create a few pages. Needless to say the creativity just flowed. I have been missing my craft time.
So I sent a goal for this month and hope you'll accept me back. If it's too late I can wait till 2012 to join you.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I started a double page layout yesterday and got the bases done. Page 1 isn't quite finished yet. I need to get some info off the interenet about the USS Lexington to put on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
It's so great to see everyone's faces (and goals.) My 2011 has been INSANE I went MIA big time. I was going to wait till 2012 to pick back up with my goals but decided, why wait!!!!
I got married on August 20th and with that came a new hubby, a new home (for the boys and I), and a new scrapbook room. ;-) I have been spending 2-3 nights a week in my room getting it organized. Last week I was able to crack open my books and pull out my pictures to attempt to create a few pages. Needless to say the creativity just flowed. I have been missing my craft time.
So I sent a goal for this month and hope you'll accept me back. If it's too late I can wait till 2012 to join you.
Welcome back Melanie! It's never too late to join in the fun! And I can't wait to see some pages Congrats on your new hubby and scrapbook room..what fun! I was wondering what had happened to you but it all sounds like a good thing. Love your new avatar...looks great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #60  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Hi Hi! I feel like it has been ages since I've been here (or in my craft room). We recently got back from a 2-week Disney cruise and things are starting to settle down some, but not enough. This is a super busy month for me, being DD's birthday month and Halloween. I haven't even started my Christmas cards, the advent calendar or get items together for my December Daily album. I feel like I'm so far behind.

I would *like* to set a goal, but it is going to be small. I'm going to shoot for 6, but who knows if I will even get that amount done!

Hope everyone is well. Now I'm off to get something productive done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks so much Terry. ;-) I created a page last night and will try to upload it today.
Quote:

Welcome back Melanie! It's never too late to join in the fun! And I can't wait to see some pages Congrats on your new hubby and scrapbook room..what fun! I was wondering what had happened to you but it all sounds like a good thing. Love your new avatar...looks great!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #62  

Quote:

Welcome back and congrats on all the wonderufl new things in your life!!!!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is the page I created last night.

Friends

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome back to all you who are rejoining us! I have been havng internet connection problems. I was sure I already posted a hello to all of you, but must have been one of the times I was kicked off! Look forward to seeing lots of pages in the gallery!

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 AM   #65  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
It's been a HECTIC crazy week for me...I keep thinking it's going to get easier and some how it doesn't...oh, well I'll get to scrap again some day. :cool:

In the meantime, here are some Gold Star Awards to hand out from VSBN :-)
The list was just completed so go take a look to see who's being recognized! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Rainy day here in PA. Looks like we are supposed to have rain the next 2-3 days. Yuck!!! Might allow me to get 2-3 pages done tonight though. Whoo hoo!!!!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #67  
Gallery Gazer

Wow! Thanks for choosing a few of my pages. This VSBN was a great way to get a whole album completed and I like that we knew ahead of time what to plan for (sort of) I got my album yesterday in the mail from Shutterfly and it is SO cute! DGS thinks it's neat to be in a book!

I did learn that when reducing the size to be bound in a book, you need to make sure everything is far enough away from the edges so that everything appears once bound. I'll have to redo a few of the pages so that if I get it reprinted, you can see all the pics and read all the text this time! This is the first time I made 8x8 prints and had them put into a book...so neat to see DGS on the cover with his name in big bold letters....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Here is the page I created last night.

Friends
I checked out and commented on your fun page, but just wanted to let you know that if you add the keyword for this thread (sbc11oct) to your layout, it will show up in the October Scrapbook Goals gallery, and people who are browsing the gallery will see it, too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Cheryl, I did forget to do that. Doing it now!!!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great Sketch Challenge today.... Here is my card.

Fall Spice - SC354
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:36 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been watching the home page links all week, checking for new challenges... did I miss something?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I have been watching the home page links all week, checking for new challenges... did I miss something?
Here is last Monday's Inspiration challenge. Maybe all of you missed it! LOL
Almost time to post next one!. Okay a couple of you dropped by. ;)

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Georgous
Quote:

Great Sketch Challenge today.... Here is my card.

Fall Spice - SC354

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Whoo hooo Melina, you go girl!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
Oh me! I need, need, need to get my 2008 album done! I'm so having a hard time remembering what happened in each pic....or why I took it! UGH! I've got to catch up! I do remember when I was only 6 months behind on scrapping.......*sigh*

I'm going for 22 pages this month!!!!!!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #75  

Thursday Challenge

It's a bit late but here it is. On this past Thursday hubby and I surprised our youngest son and our youngest grandson with tickets to the playoff game between Detroit and Texas. We all had such a wonderful time. The game was very exciting. Which brings me to the challenge.

Make the title of your page SURPRISE!
Use the colors navy and orange with some white
Use a metal embellishment some where on the page

Thats it and remember your key words: ThursFS1013 and SBC11OCT

Sample

Gallery

Patti

Last edited by princessp1971; 10-17-2011 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning Everybody....!

FYI for all the card makers here: The Inspirational Challenge is fantastic this morning. Check it out! I loved the whole Handscapes Gallery and I am a huge sucker for ornate pottery so I choose the James Cornell Collection as my inspiration.

here is my card.... Birthday Spice - IC306
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #77  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Patti, looks like a fun challenge! I should do it now! I need to get my rear in gear and get some pages done! 1 out of 5 so far this month! maybe some stamping tonight.

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #78  

My sample page for the Thursday challenge (2 weeks ago) is here:

DSC01134_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #79  

Hello everyone! DH and I just got back from Disney World with 9 friends from our dance club. What a blast we had. Just getting back on the internet and playing catch up. Gonna check out the gallery now!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #80  

Wow, I just checked out the October goals gallery and there are only 10 photos posted! That made it easy for me to get caught up with comments, but so few pages--a little surprising and disappointing.

Well, here's a page I did today about My Birthday at Disney World

------------------------------------
:p:p:p

Last edited by wendella247; 10-16-2011 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes