Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #81  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I count a 2-page layout as two 12x12 pages. Ultimately, it's your own personal goal with no one you're competing with but yourself, so do whatever count feels right for you!

I feel your pain about losing your work. Happens to the best of us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post
Well I had my second layout for the month all ready to go. I just needed to get my die cuts done so I laid them all out in Make the Cut and was ready to cut them. I took a break to run some errands and my computer restarted itself. Of course I had not saved my MTC files so now I will have to do them over again! UGH! I am hoping to finish it tomorrow if my Black Cat Cutter cooperates. I think I may need a new blade.

I think my goal is going to be 5 layouts per month. now does a 2 page layout count as 1 page or 2 pages....

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #83  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Week 3 Stashbusters is up!

Here's Stashbusters for this week!!

Week 3

Hope you can play along!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #84  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi, I didn't realize it had been that many days since I last visited! It must have been all that prep work I did for the crop I went to over the week end, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now I have to get all the pages posted. The crop was a blast, and while non of these ladies I would say are close friends I have known most of them for 3-5 years meeting at crops several times a year, this time I feel like I have gotten to know them much better!! And the food!! Oh my did we eat well. Everyone was very generous with their time and talents at crock pot cooking!! Not to mention the fresh fruit and vegetables and of course the sweets.

I have 12 pages to post plus 4 others almost done......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #85  
Glitter Guru

Sorry, my bread was done and I had to make a quick run to my mothers with hot bread. Not the best batch (I forgot the salt because I had to copy the recipe off the internet because I left my recipe book at Winn Dixie when I went shopping this morning) but there will be more tomorrow!

Scraps I save all scraps, you would think there I was expecting a paper shortage the way I keep scraps!! I have them sorted by color in the ROY G BIV method, red, orange etc. I store them in the big Art Bin type plastic boxes with handles. Then those boxes are stored in a wooden box with handles on both end and it's on wheels. My son made it for me for Christmas in 2013. That box is kept under my work desk and easily pulled out when I need scraps for layering, Cricut cutting, photo matting, card making, punch work.
Six plastic boxes hold all my scraps with room to spare, well a little room. Every once in awhile I will clean out the scrap box (mostly if I feel overwhelmed with paper) and throw anything less than 3 inch square away! So far I have never missed anything I threw away! The handled boxes are easy to transport to crops, then I don't have to make scraps looking for matting material for my pictures.

While I was at Winn Dixie picking up my recipe book I stopped in M's where I purchased some project Lift cards and albums. Now to start filling them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #86  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
Sorry, my bread was done and I had to make a quick run to my mothers with hot bread. Not the best batch (I forgot the salt because I had to copy the recipe off the internet because I left my recipe book at Winn Dixie when I went shopping this morning) but there will be more tomorrow!
I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten the salt! I had to laugh when I read that (its so disheartening when you taste it and realize "no salt!").
Good luck tomorrow! :grin:

Last edited by Lmn; 01-19-2015 at 06:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #87  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Another layout with my Lea France template: Day at the Zoo by AnniePanda - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #88  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 181 Likes on 156 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePandaView Post
I love Lea France & I see you're on their design team! How long have you been designing for them & which ones have you designed?

Lea France had a booth at CKC in Lancaster last summer & I bought several. Unfortunately I haven't used any of them yet. I'll have to get them out & do a couple!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2015, 03:40 PM   #89  
Glitter Guru

Here is a few of the layouts.....

Bill
The MeeMaws
Wicked Lightning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2015, 06:55 PM   #90  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Wink Hello Monday

Hi from Kentucky!

Whew, the weekend got by me getting ready to be gone for our customer events the next 2 weeks. I'm on the way ... had a little scare today, my oldest DS had to go to the hospital, he got severely dehydrated with the flu. He's back home now but has a rough case of the flu

I hope to get some scrappin' done this week while traveling, I did bring some supplies but we'll see. Everything seems to take longer or unexpected stuff comes up ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2015, 04:45 AM   #91  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Hi from Kentucky!

Whew, the weekend got by me getting ready to be gone for our customer events the next 2 weeks. I'm on the way ... had a little scare today, my oldest DS had to go to the hospital, he got severely dehydrated with the flu. He's back home now but has a rough case of the flu

I hope to get some scrappin' done this week while traveling, I did bring some supplies but we'll see. Everything seems to take longer or unexpected stuff comes up ...
Hope they gave him some antibiotics and he feels better soon! Good luck in getting some scrapping done! I got a few cards made for my sister. We had a distant cousin pass away and she needed some sympathy cards, so I made her a few of those plus a couple of get well cards. I'll get those in my gallery later today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 04:48 AM   #92  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Lou Ann, I'm excited for you! Good to know I have a fellow fan of the Lea France templates. I look forward to seeing your pages. If you ever have any questions along the way, maybe I can help. What ones did you buy? The design team doesn't design the stencils, those are created pretty much by owner, Corine. The team creates the layouts that go on the packaging and other promotional publications. Just like other design teams for stamping products. If you are on Facebook and Pinterest type in the company for ideas from the pages posted there.
One of the newest packages is Twisted Knots. I have two pages - right row, first and second layouts.
Thanks for inquiring about me, hope you get to play with your stencils soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #93  

H A P P Y
B I R T H D A Y,
LELA
!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2015, 07:46 AM   #94  
Die Cut Diva

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

I've added two rather simple pages to the gallery (just now) putting me to four for the year, hahaha...!
New Years Eve
2015- Week 1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #95  
Glitter Guru

Doing my week three for Project 52 in the PL style.

Welcome 2015 week 3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 04:12 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Ladies! UGH time is scooting by me way too fast and I have done zero scrapping. We have had alot of snow days and when my daughter is home I don't get much done so I am falling behind all over the place. Very frustrating! I did get my MTC cuts all laid out for two more layouts and had a designed a sketch in photoshop for one of the layouts and realized I lost that too when my computer restarted! I will be more careful to save - you would think I would know by now! We are looking at more snow days this week :( I am ready for spring and it isn't even February! I am going to try and catch up on everyone's pages and going to check out the 2 new challenges now. Then perhaps I can work on re-making my sketch. I did get my new blades in so I am happy about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 04:17 AM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

I hope your son is better - hubby had the flu after Thanksgiving and it was rough!

I seem to be having the same situation - everything is taking longer and too much unexpected stuff keeps coming up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Hi from Kentucky!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #98  
Gallery Gazer

Happy Saturday Ladies!!! I am about 80% done with straightening up my craft room after a year of misuse ~ darn that job! ;) It's a chilly, rainy day here and I plan to spend the day finishing up the cleansing....and, hopefully by the end of it I will have at least started a page. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #99  

It's easy to forget to save your work regularly. I'll be good for a while, then slack off, so I have to be vigilant about that too. I find myself opening a new page and naming it, but forgetting to actually do a save after naming. If my computer restarts on it's own, I'll lose what I've done and that definitely WON'T make me happy!

My kids are grown, so snow days wouldn't be a problem--especially since I live in Phoenix, AZ!!

Quote:

Hi Ladies! UGH time is scooting by me way too fast and I have done zero scrapping. We have had alot of snow days and when my daughter is home I don't get much done so I am falling behind all over the place. Very frustrating! I did get my MTC cuts all laid out for two more layouts and had a designed a sketch in photoshop for one of the layouts and realized I lost that too when my computer restarted! I will be more careful to save - you would think I would know by now! We are looking at more snow days this week :( I am ready for spring and it isn't even February! I am going to try and catch up on everyone's pages and going to check out the 2 new challenges now. Then perhaps I can work on re-making my sketch. I did get my new blades in so I am happy about that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #100  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's Task 3 for the Progressive Challenge.

Jan 2015 Progressive Chal Task 3 - School's Out! by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 03:43 AM   #101  
Pearl-ExPert

OMG OMG SO going back to my previous post of forgetting to save TWICE - I was using my computer yesterday morning getting everything all set back up to re-do my layout sketch and save this time and i get the blue screen of death!. So it shuts off, black screen comes up and it says to enter a boot disk and my hubby says oh no I don't think we can get it back. Thought I was going to die! We usually have back ups done of everything but that has been down for a couple months too and he backed his computer up online somewhere but mine wouldn't work. Well he got it to come back on and so I said let's just dump all my files somewhere online so they are safe. I have 110 GIGS in just my pictures folder!!! my dropbox account is only 4 gigs! Anyway he set it up to transfer the pictures folder yesterday and it was taking forever so we went to bed and when I got up this morning the transfer box was gone but he has fire school all day so I won't know if it worked until he gets home. I feel like my computer is a ticking time bomb! Computers can be such a curse when they don't cooperate! And I am not sure I want a new one because I am not sure how I feel about windows 8 - it is on my daughters computer and it works so differently than what I am used to. Ok off to work up my sketch and then hopefully tomorrow I can get a few layouts done if Pezza (my daughter's nickname) goes to her drama workshop. We have no school tomorrow so I signed her up but we are supposed to get more snow so we'll see! I am hoping to do the two stash busters I haven't gotten to!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 03:48 AM   #102  
Pearl-ExPert

I like the new sketch! Just got a look at it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
The new Scrapbook Sketch is posted. Come over and play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 05:05 AM   #103  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

OMG OMG SO going back to my previous post of forgetting to save TWICE...

I got a new laptop about this time last year with Windows 8. We had a lot of problems with he PC plus I didn't like it. My nephew who works in IT had my husband get a program that makes W8 look like my old version. Glad we did it. We have an external drive we back up to but I haven't don't that in awhile so I'd better put that on my to do list. We also started using the cloud but I'm out of room already because of videos! Like my external better!! Hope your back up worked!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 07:44 AM   #104  

I got a new computer a year or two ago. Was able to get Windows 7, but going from XP, it was still a change, but I liked it once I got used to it.

I must say, though, I LOST everything that was on my external HD. It crashed and couldn't be restored. Unfortunately, I was using it as my main storage for my pages (my old computer HD was too full), not just a back-up, so I literally lost about 3 months of work that I hadn't backed up. I still feel sick when I think about it.

I think EHDs are the smartest (and cheapest) way to go. Cloud isn't bad for sharing or access on the go, but eventually you run out of space and have to pay for more (an ongoing expense.) Digi files are so big and use up space fast--especially if you save your original files, which I always do.)

I know getting used to a new computer takes some work and is a pain, but I think you'll be glad in the long run. Get lots of RAM (I have 12 GB) and a big HD (Mine is 2 TB.) My vote is go for it!

Good luck with everything!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 08:22 AM   #105  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning!!! Only a few more organization projects and then I can scrap...though my family put the kibosh on that for today :(. I need to take DD2 to her Lacrosse clinic in a couple of hours which is how long it will take me to finish up this last organization project. I thought I had the whole day to play but oh well ;-).

I too got a new computer about 2 Christmas' ago with W8 ~ a Toshiba. I just use the desktop feature I'm not a fan of all the icons on the window. This is not my favorite computer for sure. DH said that the next one is going 'retro' so if that happens I will upgrade and give this to DD2 who needs a laptop by next year for school anyway.

I lost all my photos about 10 years ago so now I back up on my laptop, my external drive and then on our main computer...a bit paranoid ;-). I use to be very good and print out photos but I've been terrible with it this past year. This is one of my projects I am starting next week along with scanning old photos. I also need to get my digi layouts printed and in albums too :-).

I hope everyone is having a blessed Sunday!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2015, 08:48 AM   #106  
Pearl-ExPert

I am in super paranoid mode. My old desktop crashed about 6 years ago and i lost 4 years of pics including my daughters first 2 years, my resume (which still makes me sick - it was professionally done and I have no hard copies,) and all my school work for my masters degree which seems silly but I worked so hard! lol. We had some stuff on an EHD and went to get it off of there - it crashed too! That is when hubby set up our home server which did back ups every night. His laptop crashed about 6 months ago and he thought ok no big deal I will just restore everything from the back up on the server - it failed! that is when he decided to go with online and got Carbonite. He backed his computers up - he has 2 and they are work computers so it was pretty bad when he lost everything. However he was not able to get Carbonite to work correctly on mine so apparently he decided mine wasn't important and never fixed it! I was researching something else on one of my favorite Digi Scrap site, ScrapGirls, and came across an article about backing up to online storage and she recommended Backblaze - $5/month for unlimited storage space and backs up as you go so you don't have to remember to do anything - I decided to sign up BUT the initial back up could take up to 2 WEEKS!!!! SO ticking time bomb it is for 2 weeks! but $5/month seems like a small price to pay for peace of mind!

Now if I have to get a new computer I suppose I will adjust just like I always do! I hate when computer stuff changes!

As for getting anything scrapped today - I have finished my sketch so I am hoping to get it started and then tonight I will ask hubby if it is ok to disconnect from the server to bring my laptop upstairs so I can cut all of the SVGs I need for my next 2 layouts! Might even get 3 done as I have a third laid out and ready to get done. Pezza has been remarkably cooperative today but we leave for her GS pine wood derby at 4...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #107  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Happy Monday!

:?
Reading through the posts about everyone's computers is enough to send us all into panic mode and back everything up (and on more than one drive)!! I keep all my pictures on an external hard drive and an SD card or USB Sticks. I also have discs for most of my previous years (except those I haven't transferred over yet). It's scary when our computers start acting up no matter how you look at it!!

I finally got Stashbusters up! Here it is: Week 4

I also finished my sketch layout, here that is: Homecoming '13

Hope everyone has a great week! Thank you for all your kind comments on my pages! Hope you have fun with this weeks challenges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2015, 01:52 PM   #108  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm almost done with the Sketch Challenge, just waiting for a 5X7 photo to arrive. Unfortunately it won't be here until the end of the week. I usually order next day prints but the photo printer is down at our CVS. I probably should have ordered it some place else but the order was complete before I realized it was being shipped to the store. I'm very happy with the LO & can't wait to get it uploaded. This is a ME day so on to the Stash Busters after dinner!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #109  
Die Cut Diva

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

I have two more pages uploaded today! I left some comments ...maybe yesterday?? This whole month has just been one crazy after another...sounds like that's the case for lots of us! Anyway..!
Daddy & Me
Week 2
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2015, 03:51 AM   #110  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's my layout for Stash Busters week 2

STASH15JAN2 - New Adventures in 5th Grade by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2015, 04:46 AM   #111  
Hardware Hotshot

Is there a way to move a post from my gallery into an album? Tx!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 02:49 AM   #112  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's my layout for week 3 of the Stash Busters Challenge.

Stash15jan3 - 25 by Crooked Stamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 04:08 AM   #113  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooked StamperView Post
Is there a way to move a post from my gallery into an album? Tx!
Go to your gallery and select the photo you want to put in your album, click on the "Edit Photo" (on the bottom right corner). This will bring you to the Edit page.

In the dropdown menu for the item "Change Category" scroll all the way to the bottom, there you will see your albums. Select the album you want and Save your changes.

Easy peasy...good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #114  
Glitter Guru

Oh my, I am not a fan of computer problems. Give me a machine that works when I want it too and I don't have to back it up if I don't want. Why, because there is nothing stored on it that I care if I loose!! In fact I delete all of the previous years pictures and layouts about the second or third month into the next year. I have disk copies and print all the pictures I want to scrap. I don't take many videos as I never look at them again anyway. The files I have paid for I can easily get back from Cricut or Silhouette. I still take my physical card to the store to edit and have printed the photos I want. Right now they have closed so they can update the whole photo printing area with new machines and an even user friendly editing stations, I will be able to sit and work and even plug my phone into the machine to edit and print from it. I knew it was coming so I have more pictures than I can ever scrap in the 2 week (I am giving them 4) they expect to be closed.

I am not as digitally creative as most so depending on a computer to store the important things is no biggie for me. If there is a catastrophic event where I loose all my physical stuff, well I would not redo/remake them anyway (too many years worth), I would just start again with current events.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 08:06 AM   #115  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappy48View Post
Go to your gallery and select the photo you want to put in your album, click on the "Edit Photo" (on the bottom right corner). This will bring you to the Edit page.

In the dropdown menu for the item "Change Category" scroll all the way to the bottom, there you will see your albums. Select the album you want and Save your changes.

Easy peasy...good luck!
Thanks...I was able to make the changes! I didn't think "Change Category" had anything to do with the albums, I thought that was a specific category in SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 12:42 PM   #116  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I finished up the last 3 stash busters challenges and they put me over my goal for the month by four! I even did 2 for the last challenge! Hope this scrapping mojo continues next month.

At the childrens zoo 1 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
At the childrens zoo 2 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Brit DJ halloween by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Birds of a feather at the Zoo by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #117  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi ladies! Just checking in despite having done ZERO pages. I tell ya I am a walking technology nightmare right now! I have 5 pages of layouts on my table ready for the die cuts - all SVGs - and my Black Cat cutter is on the fritz! I think it was a sign tho - I REALLY wanted the new Cricut Explore as I have been a Cricut girl since the very first baby machine came out so after watching me struggle with the Black Cat for 3 days hubby said go for it! I never used the Black Cat for nearly all of the things it was capable of so I feel kind of bad about that but I am excited about getting to use my cartridges AND SVGs all on one machine PLUS I will finally get to use all of my Cricut Imagine carts again! Unfortunately it won't be here for 2 weeks - 2 WEEKS. Patience is NOT one of my virtues! So meanwhile I will just keep working on readying pages in preparation! I am going to see tomorrow if I can do one of the layouts I have waiting plus the next one I was going to start with regular Cricut cuts so I can get something done and feel like I accomplished something! For now I am hoping to spend some quiet time in front of the tv browsing the gallery so I can see what all y'all have been up to! Hubby is at the fire station tonight so bedtime is up to me. Pezza always wants me to read to her long past when I am ready to be done! I have been reading her The Borrowers series - we just finished book 2 last night while hubby was at the station.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #118  
Glitter Guru

My last three pages for the month.....

All thru the Night
2015 week 4 L
2015 week 4 R

Updating my count for the month. Got to love those months with 3 day crops in them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2015, 02:39 AM   #119  
Glitter Queen

Default Found you all by way of the Cheryl Even's Website

I've been a member but never really participated ? As a Lasting Memories DT member I went to Cheryl's blog to leave her a comment and notice that she said she was the new scrapbook sketch hostess and about the challenges so came over to investigate and looking forward to joining in. In 2014 I completed 149 layouts (surprised myself So I'm up for the challenge of doing 200 in 2015 and looking forward to doing the sketches here real soon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #120  

So glad to hear you'll be joining us, Tina! We have a great, supportive and FUN group of gals here. Always willing to help...and great inspiration too! We have several challenges to keep your mojo in primo shape!!

Welcome, and have fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina CampbellView Post
I've been a member but never really participated ? As a Lasting Memories DT member I went to Cheryl's blog to leave her a comment and notice that she said she was the new scrapbook sketch hostess and about the challenges so came over to investigate and looking forward to joining in. In 2014 I completed 149 layouts (surprised myself So I'm up for the challenge of doing 200 in 2015 and looking forward to doing the sketches here real soon

Reply With Quote Likes