Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #201  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally been MIA�when I retired on July 31st, I envisioned being able to get in my crafting room and get caught up on all my projects. However, the last half of 2012 was a very trying and testing time for my family. Shortly after I retired, DH had total knee replacement surgery. That was followed by my mom becoming ill and I had to fly to Alabama to take care of her. The week before Thanksgiving, DH�s 57 year old brother died and on Christmas Eve his mom died � two very hard trips to California. With our faith and the love of family and friends we are slowly coming out of our �fog� and mending. My love of being in my crafting room and checking out all the neat ideas on SCS just hasn�t been there. While in California, my FIL gave me most of the family photos to copy so maybe once I get in my room and start scanning all the photos of DH�s family memories I get back into the swing of things.

Since I'm not sure if I will feel like scrapping yet this month, I am just going to try 4 pages for January.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and Happy New Year!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #202  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,004 Likes on 1,511 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRStamperView Post
Totally been MIA�when I retired on July 31st, I envisioned being able to get in my crafting room and get caught up on all my projects. However, the last half of 2012 was a very trying and testing time for my family. Shortly after I retired, DH had total knee replacement surgery. That was followed by my mom becoming ill and I had to fly to Alabama to take care of her. The week before Thanksgiving, DH�s 57 year old brother died and on Christmas Eve his mom died � two very hard trips to California. With our faith and the love of family and friends we are slowly coming out of our �fog� and mending. My love of being in my crafting room and checking out all the neat ideas on SCS just hasn�t been there. While in California, my FIL gave me most of the family photos to copy so maybe once I get in my room and start scanning all the photos of DH�s family memories I get back into the swing of things.

Since I'm not sure if I will feel like scrapping yet this month, I am just going to try 4 pages for January.

What a year you have had. We have missed you, for sure. Sorry for all the problems.
Hope to be seeing you in the gallery! Congratulations on your retirement. I thought I would have so much time in retirement, but now I just wonder how I had time to ever work!

Sharon

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #203  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydocView Post
Hey Guys!
I'd like to come back (again).
I finally took my oral boards (three hour oral exam) in November and passed so that is one huge task of my plate. Might be the toughest of them all- much tougher than medical school. Baby girl will be 2 next month! Can't believe it!

Anyway, I'm almost done with a HUGE reorg of my craft room. I had a friend who was available to help paint and I just jumped in. It's taken me almost a month but I'd say I'm 80% there. I have a LOT OF CRAP. There are things I forgot I had. Hoping to actually use it now that I know where it all is. And considering digital... time, space... oh but how I love to open a new pack of paper. Sometimes I just lay it all out and smell the new paper smell.

Still got some big projects (going to finish my Master's in Public Health this year- I only have 3 hours left, so dumb not to to it!) and of course there is my poor, lovely, neglected home. So I will set my goal at 2 pages per month but if I meet it, it will be the first time!

Hugs!
Welcome back! You have been busy! Hope to see more of you now!

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #204  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Scrapbook Variety Challenge

Hi ladies. I realized today that I forgot to post my variety challenge last Wednesday. :( I had it set up to post on my blog, but totally forgot to put it on SCS - duh! Anyway, it's posted now, and I'll get the gallery going tomorrow as soon as I can get my layout approved. Please check it out: SBVC181 - Stamping Stampede

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #205  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
LOL! So funny! I had packed a box for a craft garage sale two years ago. What I didn't sell was still in box. Little, by little I have gotten most of it out again and used it.

Sharon
I did the same!!!

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #206  

Quote:

I'm sorry about your rough times. They say when it rains it pours but when it actually does its always a shock. I'm sure the family photos will be hard to work with while grief is fresh. Hopefully when you're able the scrapbooking will help.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #207  
Stampin' Fool

Default Baby Pics

Michele, sorry to hear your year has been so rough.

I can't wait to get back into the groove with you ladies.
Here are some recent pics of the toddler tornado who lives in my house! <3
Careful what you ask for (Wendy) I will go overboard showing her off every time!

January 2013 Scrap Pages Chatter &amp; Goals - sbc13jan-img_1410.jpg

January 2013 Scrap Pages Chatter &amp; Goals - sbc13jan-img_1715.jpg

January 2013 Scrap Pages Chatter &amp; Goals - sbc13jan-holman-family-oct-2012-66-5x7.jpg

January 2013 Scrap Pages Chatter &amp; Goals - sbc13jan-holman-family-oct-2012-93-5x7.jpg

January 2013 Scrap Pages Chatter &amp; Goals - sbc13jan-holman-family-oct-2012-14-.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #208  
Die Cut Diva

Question

Can someone please help me. I can't upload my scrapbook pages from my MDS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #209  
Die Cut Diva

Heart

Quote:

So sorry to hear about how tough it's been. I hope and pray that you and your family have a much better year this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #210  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Careful what you ask for (Wendy) I will go overboard showing her off every time!

Attachment 265486

Attachment 265487

Attachment 265490

Attachment 265491

Attachment 265492
Oh, Lynley, I'm so glad you posted pics. She is just precious. You must be having a blast with her. Enjoy every minute you can--they grow up WAY too soon! :p

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #211  

Quote:

Attachment 265486

Attachment 265487

Attachment 265490

Attachment 265491

Attachment 265492

Hi Lanley glad to see you drop by! Miss you. Your little "tornado" is beautiful and getting so big! Enjoy these times with her they grow up so fast!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #212  

Quote:

Michele what a year you have had. So sorry. On the bright side congrats on your retirement. Hope this new year is starting of better and continues to be brighter for you. Hugs and prayers to you and yours.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #213  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Hi ladies. I realized today that I forgot to post my variety challenge last Wednesday. :( I had it set up to post on my blog, but totally forgot to put it on SCS - duh! Anyway, it's posted now, and I'll get the gallery going tomorrow as soon as I can get my layout approved. Please check it out: SBVC181 - Stamping Stampede
Great challenge Cheryl! Love my stamps. :p

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #214  

Default Digi Challenges have been posted!

Task 3 of the Progressive Challenge has been posted:

PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE 8 - TASK 3 (JAN. 15, 2013) by wendella247 at Splitcoaststampers

Molly's Stretch Your Sketch has been posted too:

DGSC097 - Stretch Your Sketch by cmkebennett at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #215  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

It is so nice to see some of those "old" (being a relative term) faces back and well as so many new ones this year. I am looking forward to seeing the pages roll on out of everyones art studio. I will be looking at your work and commenting on as many as I can.

From the quick look at a couple of sites, I don't think I am ready to tackle digi scrapping. I will continue to check out the sites and enjoy the digi pages posted here, then work with my hands on paper. Thank you to those ladies that have directed me to check out some digital webb sites.

I hope everyone is on the mend that have been sick and can now get back to papercrafting. If you can't get back at it right now, just keep taking pictures to have when time allows.

I still have three pages to complete this month and while I still have plenty of time the end of the month can creep up on me fast.

Headed to the gallery and check out the strech your sketch challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #216  

Here's a dps I did for Hannah's (clarhan) Lovin' the Neutrals challenge. I wish I could post crisper dps layouts:

Christmas Eve-2011-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #217  
Die Cut Diva

deleted - wrong thread - THAT's the kind of day I'm having! :-(

Last edited by Sandi*S; 01-16-2013 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: wrong thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #218  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Stopping by to say hi.... !
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #219  
Die Cut Diva

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

Stopping in to share some calendar pages I've done for my mom:
February
September
November

And my Week 2 page too!
I've fiddled with a few more month pages in My Digital Studio, but I don't like them much, so I'm not done fiddling. Thank goodness it's digital and nothing is going to waste!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #220  
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

Ok, here goes, now it's time to get serious and get the links of my pages up, so you can see them...

Sam's Best Christmas, EVER! page 1

Sam's Best Christmas, EVER! page 2

Sam's Best Christmas, EVER! page 3

Sam's Best Christmas, EVER! page 4

WOW - I actually did it. Maybe today WILL be better than yesterday! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #221  
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
Stopping in to share some calendar pages I've done for my mom:
February
September
November

And my Week 2 page too!
I've fiddled with a few more month pages in My Digital Studio, but I don't like them much, so I'm not done fiddling. Thank goodness it's digital and nothing is going to waste!
I still am in awe of your ambitiousness (?) of doing one current page per week.
My goal is to do 6 pages a month, my intention is to take pictures out of my kids boxes and do a 2-page layout for each of them. We will see... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #222  
Die Cut Diva

Well, I've tried yet again to upload a digi page from the Progressive thread to no avail, after an hour. This is so frustrating!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #223  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi*SView Post
Well, I've tried yet again to upload a digi page from the Progressive thread to no avail, after an hour. This is so frustrating!
After nearly 2 hours of fooling around with this I finally was able to have SCS grab my layout and upload it. I saved it on my MDS2 as a �PNG� and it worked. Not sure if that is exactly what did it, but I�m going to try adding another page just to see if that is what worked. Good Grief this is annoying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #224  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

After nearly 2 hours of fooling around with this I finally was able to have SCS grab my layout and upload it. I saved it on my MDS2 as a “PNG” and it worked. Not sure if that is exactly what did it, but I’m going to try adding another page just to see if that is what worked. Good Grief this is annoying.
I don't know much about the MDS programs but for me when I can't upload my digi (PSE) it's because I forgot to downsize my image. If doing inches then it's 2x2...not sure it that'll help you or not...good luck! I'm sure someone here knows but just hasn't been on to help you yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #225  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Ok, here goes, now it's time to get serious and get the links of my pages up, so you can see them...

Sam's Best Christmas, EVER! page 1

Sam's Best Christmas, EVER! page 2

Sam's Best Christmas, EVER! page 3

Sam's Best Christmas, EVER! page 4

WOW - I actually did it. Maybe today WILL be better than yesterday! :rolleyes:
Great masculine pages, Sandi! Great job and congrats on getting them uploaded!
Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #226  

Quote:

After nearly 2 hours of fooling around with this I finally was able to have SCS grab my layout and upload it. I saved it on my MDS2 as a �PNG� and it worked. Not sure if that is exactly what did it, but I�m going to try adding another page just to see if that is what worked. Good Grief this is annoying.
It should be a pretty straightforward thing - saving in MDS2 as a jpg and then uploading to SCS from there. I'm not at home, but I am pretty sure you will go up to the toolbar, and on the right hand side there is an option to SHARE project. Click SHARE, choose EXPORT and jpg. It will ask you what size, and you will want to choose small or web. SCS may have been not uploading if you were trying to upload a full size 5 or 10MB large file.

You will find your projects under My Digital Studio Projects, unless you made a different file to save them to. I actually save my exports to a file I made called MDS Jpegs so I know where to look for those quickly.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #227  

Thursday Challenge

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #228  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello! I used to participate in this way back when it first started for about 2-3 yrs. Then I stopped and just dabbled in my scrapbooking. Now this year my oldest is graduating HS and I need to get her HS stuff scrapped. And of course I would like to get the other two kiddos caught up so I am not scrambling again. AND get pics from 2006 & 2007 done. I used to be way on top of it now I am so far behind I feel overwhelmed before I begin!
Anyway My goal is 10+ pages completed a month using my stash first trying to keep spending really low. Going back to basics simple, but nice not to overboard with it. Pretty much for efficiency sake.
So if you will have me I would love to join you (again!) not sure how much I will be posting tho I have to kick myself in the rear and concentrate in order to accomplish my lofty goals
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #229  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

This page has been laying on my desk all week. I finally had the.... whatever you want to call it .......... to finish. I had most of the L/O complete but did not know what or how I wanted to finish it off, then once I decided I did not feel like doing it. Then there is always that final commitment of gluing everything down, not to mention the last little finishing touches.

I guess I was just not commited to scraping this week. That is what comes from having so much gray weather......... finally the sun is out!!

Favorite Adventure
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #230  
Gallery Gazer

Winter is starting to come back to FL and it's a chilly drizzly day. I just wrote down this year's challenges and I've got my room cleaned up...now off to do some pages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #231  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3FriesView Post
It should be a pretty straightforward thing - saving in MDS2 as a jpg and then uploading to SCS from there. I'm not at home, but I am pretty sure you will go up to the toolbar, and on the right hand side there is an option to SHARE project. Click SHARE, choose EXPORT and jpg. It will ask you what size, and you will want to choose small or web. SCS may have been not uploading if you were trying to upload a full size 5 or 10MB large file.

You will find your projects under My Digital Studio Projects, unless you made a different file to save them to. I actually save my exports to a file I made called MDS Jpegs so I know where to look for those quickly.
I tried the Jpeg, I reduced the size to 600x600 pixels and I reduced the size of my titles. Nothing worked. So I tried saving the image as a PNG and that worked. Go figure...
Thanks for your help though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #232  
Die Cut Diva

This is my contribution to the Digital Progressive Page. I joined 3 weeks late - yep that's me -

I'm going to treat the DGSCPR008 as a bonus page each month.

Patches the Cat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #233  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furph's wifeView Post
Hello! I used to participate in this way back when it first started for about 2-3 yrs. Then I stopped and just dabbled in my scrapbooking. Now this year my oldest is graduating HS and I need to get her HS stuff scrapped. And of course I would like to get the other two kiddos caught up so I am not scrambling again. AND get pics from 2006 & 2007 done. I used to be way on top of it now I am so far behind I feel overwhelmed before I begin!
Anyway My goal is 10+ pages completed a month using my stash first trying to keep spending really low. Going back to basics simple, but nice not to overboard with it. Pretty much for efficiency sake.
So if you will have me I would love to join you (again!) not sure how much I will be posting tho I have to kick myself in the rear and concentrate in order to accomplish my lofty goals
Welcome back! I remember when you were here last...glad you've got the time to join back with us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #234  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I finally did another page. Here is Sydney.
Welcome back Renee, and Lady Doc! Adorable! Thank you for showing us.!

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #235  
Gallery Gazer

It's not yet a completed page but this is for Task 3 of the Progressive Digi Challenge:

New Braces

I'm not sure if I like the labels on the photos so it may change...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #236  
Gallery Gazer

Finally...a paper page completed! :-)

Downtown Fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #237  
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up

Not only am I going to be more productive this year by having scrapbook page & card goals, and by having a "Rudolph Day" every 25th of the month (that's where I do something Christmas related or have completed something Christmas related AND bought a Gift Card to either use as a gift or to Christmas Shop with ~ whew, yes that was a lot of info), but I am trying to be a little more organized.

So, with all that being said ~ I'm designating a shoe box to all the cards I am making this year. I decided to Mod Podge it with all my "too small to use" DSP scraps and I made a tag on my MDS2 to label the box, then next year I'll make another label and so on, so the box will be part of the journey as well.

OK, so it sounds like a good idea...

Card Box Tag
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #238  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Not only am I going to be more productive this year by having scrapbook page & card goals, and by having a "Rudolph Day" every 25th of the month (that's where I do something Christmas related or have completed something Christmas related AND bought a Gift Card to either use as a gift or to Christmas Shop with ~ whew, yes that was a lot of info), but I am trying to be a little more organized.

So, with all that being said ~ I'm designating a shoe box to all the cards I am making this year. I decided to Mod Podge it with all my "too small to use" DSP scraps and I made a tag on my MDS2 to label the box, then next year I'll make another label and so on, so the box will be part of the journey as well.

OK, so it sounds like a good idea...

Card Box Tag

Oh, and I up'd my card goal to 200. apparently 100 wasn't much of a challenge:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #239  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lots of great challenges out there. I have to get busy and get four more pages done for this month!
Maybe tonight.

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #240  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

i'd love to join in...
i spent my 2 weeks at christmas cleaning my craft room. i go every other month to a scrapping retreat - but mostly just chat and grade papers. this year i want to challenge myself to finish my france scrapbook and get a good start on my oldest dd's school book.

i think a goal of 4 pages per month is doable. i may not finish my album - but i should be pretty darn close.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes