Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #81  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Thumbs up WooHoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
I was able to spend time in my craft room again tonight. I got two pages done for the Thursday challenge and started on a third. woo hoo!!
It's such an awesome feeling to be back and crafting! I'm excited to get to the Thursday challenge too! Fun one as always! I think Patti's new theme idea will be great for challenges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #82  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, I wasn't that close to my goal for 2011 (only 134 layouts out of the planned 200), so I'm gonna scale back this year to 150. I'll try to start out with a bang by doing 20 in January. I went away on vacation this week and created 5 basic layouts that now need titles, journaling, and embellishments, so I'm off to work on that!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting for upload approval for a dps, but I've decided that this year it's ok to schedule in the time while my son is at school to scrap. I got a two page layout done yesterday and have mapped out goals for January. I have two albums to finish (that I can remember right now....) so I'm bringing them to the top of the list to get out of the in-process abyss....I think I'll intermingle some current pages in to keep it fresh... loving reading all the inspiring goals so far!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #84  
Glitter Queen

Ok I want to try this one, hopefully will get me at the table more during the month. I think I will start with 5 in January and may increase after that we'll see how I do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #85  
Insane Embellisher

TGIF Ladies! Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? Nothing on the agenda for us so HOPEFULLY that means getting lots done in my craft room...whoop whoop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #86  
Watercolor Wizard

Got some scrapping done today - my gallery can be found:

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - muzbysmom - Handmade Cards & Crafts

I just scrapped the photo cards I'd received the last few years and I don't get many each year so this wasn't an amazing feat but good for me - up until yesterday I hadn't scrapped in months. What I want to work on next would be the Christmas pictures that I have - I didn't take many in 09 and in 2010 but took a few more this year. When you no longer have little kids and multiple gatherings you just don't take as many pictures!

I've gone to using top load albums but I'm trying to not waste the CM Christmas album I had so I will fill this album up with Christmas photo cards each year until it's full.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #87  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by rransdellView Post
Ok I want to try this one, hopefully will get me at the table more during the month. I think I will start with 5 in January and may increase after that we'll see how I do
Way to go Rebecca! Glad to see you decided to join us! We love inspiration and everyone's different ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #88  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BecaboohView Post
TGIF Ladies! Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? Nothing on the agenda for us so HOPEFULLY that means getting lots done in my craft room...whoop whoop!
Hi Rebekah. Have you ever heard of the PA Farm Show? It starts this weekend and I think DH is going to take DGS so that I can get some alone time. But I won't spend it crafting...one of our local fire companies hold a monthly Bingo Bonanza where they guarantee 2 $500 jackpot games. Last month I came SO close to winning one of them but with my usual luck, I didn't However, if you don't play, you can't win so I try to go each month and at least give my donation to the cause even if I don't win anything We also go each Saturday a.m. to bowling for DGS...he's gotten pretty good for being a first time bowler since September. He's actually increased his average about 15 points since starting. Don't know what else we will do but if it's a nice weekend, DGS will be outside playing away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #89  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
Hi Rebekah. Have you ever heard of the PA Farm Show? It starts this weekend and I think DH is going to take DGS so that I can get some alone time. But I won't spend it crafting...one of our local fire companies hold a monthly Bingo Bonanza where they guarantee 2 $500 jackpot games. Last month I came SO close to winning one of them but with my usual luck, I didn't However, if you don't play, you can't win so I try to go each month and at least give my donation to the cause even if I don't win anything We also go each Saturday a.m. to bowling for DGS...he's gotten pretty good for being a first time bowler since September. He's actually increased his average about 15 points since starting. Don't know what else we will do but if it's a nice weekend, DGS will be outside playing away!
I have not heard of the Farm show...sounds like a good opportunity for you to get alone time! Good luck in Bingo...I have not been in soooo long, I usually go with my grandma...
It is 60 here in VA today and supposed to be near that tomorrow! WOO HOO! My car needs a bath BAD from this freak snow squall that we had hit earlier this week, I have road salt and chemicals all over it...There was NO snow in our forecast and yet on Tuesday morning we woke up to about an inch...all day long it flurried off and on. Then, at 5:30 I went into Jazzercise and came out to over an inch of snow on my car! CRAZINESS...even crazier is that we only live about 5 minutes away and when I got there, only a dusting had fallen! Oh well, who else wants to be a Meterologist? When it's calling for snow, we don't get it and when it isn't, we do! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #90  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmomView Post
Waiting for upload approval for a dps, but I've decided that this year it's ok to schedule in the time while my son is at school to scrap. I got a two page layout done yesterday and have mapped out goals for January. I have two albums to finish (that I can remember right now....) so I'm bringing them to the top of the list to get out of the in-process abyss....I think I'll intermingle some current pages in to keep it fresh... loving reading all the inspiring goals so far!
I can sympathize with you! My after school time & weekends are so full I think I must be diligent and schedule scrap time; just not fitting it in when I have a break. I don't think any of my albums are finishedfrom over the past 5 years and I've been trying to stay current but still miss events; need to go through my photos and start a list so I can start catching up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #91  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Welcome! Don't be shy, jump in and we hope you share your pages with us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #92  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hey Rebekah where are you again, going there next weekend for a long weekend to Warrenton, was thinking you were like an hour from there or something, but trying to remember, my mom said the snow was beautiful the other morning too coming down hard and fast, then poof gone!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #93  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I am SO excited! I received the completed Disney photo book from Shutterfly that I made for my son and his family and it turned out so well--I'm on Cloud 9. There was one little journaling boo boo when I changed some text and one line is too short (my fault, I didn't catch it on my last review), but other than that, I am THRILLED with how it turned out. It wasn't cheap by any means, but definitely a GREAT way to display one's pages. Now I want to order one for myself, but I'll have to wait until I come up with some extra $$ with nothing to use it for!

Anyway, I highly recommend making a book (or more) this way. I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #94  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Welcome to the thread, Rebecca! I live in La Verne, so you're just down the 57 from me.

My hubby is gone this weekend, so I plan to scrap as much as I can. The kids are just getting re-acquainted with their new toys after having been gone on vacation all week, so they are keeping themselves busy. We'll see how long the peace lasts! Hopefully long enough for me to finish the page I'm working on.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #95  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616View Post
Hey Rebekah where are you again, going there next weekend for a long weekend to Warrenton, was thinking you were like an hour from there or something, but trying to remember, my mom said the snow was beautiful the other morning too coming down hard and fast, then poof gone!
I am in Winchester! Just about an hour from Warrenton!
That is EXACTLY how the snow was! CRAZY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #96  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Welcome!

Quote:

Welcome Rebecca! We're glad you're joining us scrappin' 2012! You'll find lots of inspiration here as it's always a good day to talk, think, dream, start, finish scrappin' with us ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #97  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

Happy New Year Girls!!!

I am hopping to do better this year!!! Kids are starting Monday in school and I have a huge room to work on almost all unpacked and organized!!! UHUHUHUHUHUHUHU!!!

Hopping everyone has a great scrapping year!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #98  
Insane Embellisher

YAY! Well, today I completed day 4 of spending at least 10 minutes a day, 5 days a week on crafting...tonight, I was able to get together my Project Life Album for November and December Now I just have to wait for Snapfish to have a sale so I can get all of my backed pictures printed The biggest victory of all is that I AM ORGANIZED! I have all of my events listed in order that they occurred and once they are printed, I have all pictures through 2011 printed and just screaming to be scrapped! YAY!
In the morning I have a Stampin Up workshop and then I hope to get some scrappin done...as it is the Playoffs for the NFL, hubby will be planted in front of the TV all weekend...while I like football, I can't just sit and watch game after game...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #99  

Quote:

Welcome, Rebecca! We have a great bunch of gals here on the goals thread, and lots of inspiration and support. It helps to keep the scrappin' mojo going!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #100  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,004 Likes on 1,511 Posts

Hi everyone! Welcome Rebecca! I had moved everything out of my craft room yesterday. Today I painted. Tomorrow, I am sure I will be sore. I begin moving stuff back in. Next week DH and I will shop for a couple of banks of drawers and 8 feet of cabinet top. That will be added to the 6 feet that I already have. So excited to get it done. I painted my room yellow, and boy is it yellow!! Oh well, it makes my room brighter than when it was white. My room is in the basement with no windows, so it needed to be bright. Soon, I will be able to begin to scrap again. I have made and uploaded a couple of cards to my gallery in January, but that is all the crafting I have done so far in 2012.

Sharon

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome to all our new ladies! I hope we all can encourage each other to finish some great pages this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #102  

Welcome to all of our new ladies! Have a great weekend everyone!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #103  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Hi everyone! Welcome Rebecca! I had moved everything out of my craft room yesterday. Today I painted. Tomorrow, I am sure I will be sore. I begin moving stuff back in. Next week DH and I will shop for a couple of banks of drawers and 8 feet of cabinet top. That will be added to the 6 feet that I already have. So excited to get it done. I painted my room yellow, and boy is it yellow!! Oh well, it makes my room brighter than when it was white. My room is in the basement with no windows, so it needed to be bright. Soon, I will be able to begin to scrap again. I have made and uploaded a couple of cards to my gallery in January, but that is all the crafting I have done so far in 2012.

Sharon
Sharon, I re-did my Stamp/Scrap/Office last year, painted it lavendar. It was a pain while doing it but I'm so glad I did. I have white desk & shelves in it and it looks much larger all painted and organized! It will be worth the time out from crafting!

Happy Saturday Everyone! I'm hanging out scrappin' today! DH is going to the USPS for me & I have no other errands. Feels good to just be home hanging out. I have picts and paper selected for the Thursday Challenge I'm working on right after I finish the pages I started of my Niece
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi! Well, hopefully by the end of this coming week, I will have my craft room back together. So, I plan to be crafting by next week-end! I am in charge 0f making cards for our encouragement ministry at church, and we are to meet Thursday. So far, I don't have a plan, and don't know where everything is to take. So, will have to do some looking!

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #105  
Insane Embellisher

Hi Ladies! I got 4 pages done today! WOO HOO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #106  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Hi Ladies! I got 4 pages done today! WOO HOO!
Awesome! I got one page done tonight. I took care of some bookkeeping for the business and thought I was done with that so decided to scrap some. Halfway thru the page, I discovered another box my dh brought home with more work to be done. ugh! I finished the page though and my wait until tomorrow to do the work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #107  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Me Too!

I ended up having a very Scrappy weekend finishing 10 pages ... woohoo!
Sometimes when the MOJO is goin' it's very fun ....

2012 Happy New Year (this is for Thursday Challenge! Would love to see what all of you come up with for this!) ;)

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Tis the Season

Holiday Happiness

Senior Spirit
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #108  
Gallery Gazer

Ok, I'll admit it...completely jealous of you who got to scrap this weekend.;-) I had one of those extremely low energy days yesterday & just couldn't summon any to scrap & even had the time. :( Had a good night sleep, the girls go back to school today, so I hope to start scrapping this afternoon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 05:01 AM   #109  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Ok, I'll admit it...completely jealous of you who got to scrap this weekend.;-) I had one of those extremely low energy days yesterday & just couldn't summon any to scrap & even had the time. :( Had a good night sleep, the girls go back to school today, so I hope to start scrapping this afternoon!
More often than not that's how my *free* days are...I cram so much into workdays and such that on the weekends, I usually just want to veg out and not think about or do anything...Especially with school starting back up this week. Just gotta get through this semester and I will be FINISHED!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #110  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay, I haven't set a goal yet for 2012. I got done 107 in 2011. I first set my goal for 60 last year, then upped it to 100. Don't know if I can do that again. I am now committed to a lot more on SCS and at church and personal. How does that happen? I am supposed to be retired!
Okay I will set my goal for 5 in January, and 80 for the year.

Thank you for all the encouragement! You girls are all beginning the year right! Hope I can catch up when I get back in business on this end!

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #111  
Glitter Guru

I was finally able to take some photos and upload to my gallery. A couple of them are for challenges.

Coffee, Tea & Cocoa - Oh My!
Ice Cream
Just Swinging

The last one was actually done in November so it won't be counted for this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #112  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Ugh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
MP, I can relate. When the stars don't align I don't feel as if I get anything done other than sit in the chair ... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #113  
Stampin' Fool

Hey Ladies,
I'm going to shoot for a whopping 1 page per month, 12 for the year. I don't do resolutions but I do make goals for each year and here is this year's:
2012 To Do List
1. Complete my case list for oral boards
2. Take and PASS oral boards
3. Read to Phoenix every day
4. Do some orgainzed fitness event 5K?
5. Daily Bible/Prayer time
6. Get BMI out of obese range (30lbs-ish)
7. Create and use a working budget
8. Scrapbook a page a month
9. Organize my photos
10. Finish 3 rooms in my house (Baby's, Small Bath, Theatre)

I will also post the work I get done on my smash book, whadda'ya think? Maybe every three smash pages could count as a page? Not nearly as intense as an actual scrapbook, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #114  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
I am SO excited! I received the completed Disney photo book from Shutterfly that I made for my son and his family and it turned out so well--I'm on Cloud 9. There was one little journaling boo boo when I changed some text and one line is too short (my fault, I didn't catch it on my last review), but other than that, I am THRILLED with how it turned out. It wasn't cheap by any means, but definitely a GREAT way to display one's pages. Now I want to order one for myself, but I'll have to wait until I come up with some extra $$ with nothing to use it for!

Anyway, I highly recommend making a book (or more) this way. I don't think you'll be disappointed!!
I use shutterfly for photobooks all the time (mostly for gifts for others at christmas). I also made a Disney scrapbook for my DD of our 2nd trip because I haven't completed the first trip! LOL! I usually stick to 20-ish pages or wait until there is a code to order. Sometimes you luck out and get a coupon for a free 20 pager! :shock:

What I like about how they do it now, it has become more digital that when they first started and now you can add embellishments, ribbons, etc. As long as they keep adding new embellies, I'll keep going back for more, but I am still going to mainly scrap with paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #115  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post

I'm so glad you liked it. I just ordered an 8x8 hard cover one with random layouts of my DGD. I had a $20 coupon I received when I bought school pictures in the fall and it expired on Jan 31 plus Shutterfly was giving 25% off on 8x8 size books so I thought I'd better do it now! Can't wait till she sees the pictures in person cause she really likes what she was seeing here on SCS! (she turns 6 in May)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #116  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydocView Post
I will also post the work I get done on my smash book, whadda'ya think? Maybe every three smash pages could count as a page? Not nearly as intense as an actual scrapbook, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Way to go! At least you have a plan...I tend to wing it week by week

I keep hearing about these smash books and I've seen things specifically termed that way for sale....what is it exactly?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #117  

Lynley-I think your goals sound great and reasonble! I don't need to take any boards, oral or otherwise, but I could do with losing 25-30 lbs! Good luck with everything--especially your boards and reading every day to Phoenix--they grow up so fast.

Liz and Terry-I'm going to keep my eye out for more Shutterfly deals, because I'd like to make a copy of that Disney book for myself! I'm also going to start on another one. Twenty pages would be great--especially if I could get it for FREE!

Now I'm off to check out some of the new pages in the January gallery!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #118  
Insane Embellisher

Goodmorning Ladies! So, I went to the doctor this morning and since September 21st, I have lost 18 pounds! WOO HOO!
Hope all are doing well...I have also finished another book making 2 for 2012 with a goal of 52...
Didn't make it into the craft room Monday or Tuesday...hoping to steal a few minutes this evening before I have to go to a 3 hour Intermediate Accounting class...OH BOY! Last semester! WHEW!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #119  

Quote:

Goodmorning Ladies! So, I went to the doctor this morning and since September 21st, I have lost 18 pounds! WOO HOO!
Hope all are doing well...I have also finished another book making 2 for 2012 with a goal of 52...
Didn't make it into the craft room Monday or Tuesday...hoping to steal a few minutes this evening before I have to go to a 3 hour Intermediate Accounting class...OH BOY! Last semester! WHEW!
WOW 18 lbs.....great job! Keep up the good work......:p

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #120  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
WOW 18 lbs.....great job! Keep up the good work......:p
THANKS Patti! It has been a lot of hard work but totally worth it...I actually don't mind the exercise - been doing Jazzercise and it is A LOT of fun! The eating has been something to get used to but honestly, everything is good, just not as much and making smarter choices...
Reply With Quote Likes