Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2015, 06:31 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Why I need the MISTI...

I took the plunge yesterday, and ordered a MISTI. I am soooo excited to get it! It will take some time, me being international and all, but I can wait (I think!)
I was just looking at some of my old cardmaking videos, and seeing them again, it is obvious why I need the MISTI: I am a stickler for correct, straight, perfect placement of stamps on my cards! ;)

I was thinking that you can probably use the MISTI for getting cardfronts, cutout pieces, diecut pieces etc., glued in the exactly right spot on a card too. My thought is that if you add some shims on top of the foam mat on the MISTI, add your card on top (as if you are going to stamp it), lay down your diecut piece in the right spot on the card, then add a bit off removable tape to the front of the piece. Then, you would close the MISTI lid, and thereby attaching the diecut to the lid, add adhesive to the back off the piece, and close the lid again. Press down, open lid and carefully remove the card from the lid by breaking the seal of the removable tape between the MISTI lid and the diecut.

Now, with that long explanation, I'd be impressed to hear if anyone understood the whole thing =)
My question in regards to this is, would I need the Novus cleaner to get off any removable tape residue from the lid, or would plain water work? I am still debating purchasing the novus or not, perhaps I would be fine with only water to clean the MISTI...?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2015, 05:51 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, I like this idea! I struggled to put four intricate die cuts together last week and didn't even think to use my MISTI this way.
So far I haven't had to use the NOVUS cleaner, but I probably would use it to get rid of any extra glue squishes.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

You WILL NOT be disappointed!!! I was at a stamping get together this past weekend that my SU demo did. It felt so strange to use blocks and an occasional wood stamp ... oh the humanity!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I had not thought of your approach to perfect placement for die cuts/paper piecing...it's wonderful!

My mom, bless her heart, is a little rigid and OCD. She loves the cards I make and has me add a sentiment to those I leave laying out for her to look thru. This last card I could NEVER have made without the MISTI.

I had to cut a script 's' from one stamp and add it to another stamp with the same font to make Birthdays, rather than Birthday. It came out PERFECTLY!!

You will be glad you invested in your MISTI.

It is so strange when I have to dig around to find a block when I want a random print on plain CS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2015, 07:17 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

I can't stamp without my MISTI either! Love the crisp inked images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2015, 06:52 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

BCRibbon

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegojentaView Post
I took the plunge yesterday, and ordered a MISTI. I am soooo excited to get it! It will take some time, me being international and all, but I can wait (I think!)
I was just looking at some of my old cardmaking videos, and seeing them again, it is obvious why I need the MISTI: I am a stickler for correct, straight, perfect placement of stamps on my cards! ;)

I was thinking that you can probably use the MISTI for getting cardfronts, cutout pieces, diecut pieces etc., glued in the exactly right spot on a card too. My thought is that if you add some shims on top of the foam mat on the MISTI, add your card on top (as if you are going to stamp it), lay down your diecut piece in the right spot on the card, then add a bit off removable tape to the front of the piece. Then, you would close the MISTI lid, and thereby attaching the diecut to the lid, add adhesive to the back off the piece, and close the lid again. Press down, open lid and carefully remove the card from the lid by breaking the seal of the removable tape between the MISTI lid and the diecut.

Now, with that long explanation, I'd be impressed to hear if anyone understood the whole thing =)
My question in regards to this is, would I need the Novus cleaner to get off any removable tape residue from the lid, or would plain water work? I am still debating purchasing the novus or not, perhaps I would be fine with only water to clean the MISTI...?
I understood perfectly... I ordered my MISTI on Black Friday and can't wait to get it.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2015, 09:45 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

My MISTI arrived today and I have some questions. I've watched several videos and they all say the same thing. Arrives wrapped in bubble wrap, includes 1 magnet and an overlay, instruction sheet and made in the USA. Mine was not wrapped in bubble wrap, did not include a magnet, overlay or instruction sheet, and says made in China. Did anyone else buy one on Black Friday? I would be interested in knowing how yours arrived.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I ordered mine on Black Friday and received it yesterday as well. I did see where it says made in China and I thought Hummmmm. Your magnets should be on the underside of the Misti as I thought I didn't get them either. I received a bottle of cleaner and a package of grid sheets. It was not wrapped in bubble wrap, but rather in a plastice bag. The only instructions I saw were on the back of the box it came in. I used mine today for the first time and it worked perfectly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

BCRibbon

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainykayView Post
I ordered mine on Black Friday and received it yesterday as well. I did see where it says made in China and I thought Hummmmm. Your magnets should be on the underside of the Misti as I thought I didn't get them either. I received a bottle of cleaner and a package of grid sheets. It was not wrapped in bubble wrap, but rather in a plastice bag. The only instructions I saw were on the back of the box it came in. I used mine today for the first time and it worked perfectly.
I used mine today too and love it! I found the magnets on the bottom :rolleyes: (feeling foolish). You should've gotten a mouse pad too which I also love because it has the grid printed on it. I plan on getting a LOT of use out of this tool......Thanks for your reply.

Reply With Quote Likes