Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2015, 06:59 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MISTIfied FB group?

Can I ask why the group seems to be deleting members well before the Sunday at noon time? I received a notification from FB to check a post there and when I went I was apparently no longer a member. I am fairly positive that I have not broken any rules or posted anything inflammatory and I'm a little disappointed that we were not given until noon on Sunday as previously stated. Did I miss something?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 07:03 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkler39View Post
Can I ask why the group seems to be deleting members well before the Sunday at noon time? I received a notification from FB to check a post there and when I went I was apparently no longer a member. I am fairly positive that I have not broken any rules or posted anything inflammatory and I'm a little disappointed that we were not given until noon on Sunday as previously stated. Did I miss something?

Thank you thought I was going mad, lliana I wish you continued success with MISTI and thank you for bring it to us stampers, hope to speak to you soon on here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Platinum Partner

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I closed it early because of the nasty comments I was getting. Apparently I am mean and rude.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

how do I stay in the group here?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySweetPetuniaView Post
I closed it early because of the nasty comments I was getting. Apparently I am mean and rude.
I'm sorry. I appreciate the efforts you put in and your graciousness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Lol I thought I did something wrong. I finally ordered my misti last night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Will always miss our first home. Just like any move in real life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

I don't have a MISTI, but have followed all the threads and posts. You are absolutely NOT mean and rude! Our internet culture has gotten way over the line. It reminds me of the horrible things the tabloid papers print about perfectly nice people. Please don't let it get under your skin.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi everyone, pleased to be here and am really looking forward to getting to know you all and learning more about crafting with the MISTI. I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow and just can't wait for the mail man to come.
bring on Mondays mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,918 Likes on 2,186 Posts

Being anonymous on the internet allows people the freedom to be rude and nasty. I've seen it on other sites. That's what I love about SCS. I rarely run into anyone who iseven remotely nasty here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so sorry that you were treated poorly, Iliana. May I please respectfully ask that this entire thread be deleted at noon tomorrow, when the original fb group was going to be deleted? It would be nice closure for the "drama" that occurred, and people after that time would not need the information. I hope that deleting this thread would help everyone heal and take away the negativity that some had for fellow crafters. Thanks for considering my request.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I don't have a MISTI, but have followed all the threads and posts. You are absolutely NOT mean and rude! Our internet culture has gotten way over the line. It reminds me of the horrible things the tabloid papers print about perfectly nice people. Please don't let it get under your skin.
I so agree with you Bugga! A misti is not in any way going to fit into my budget but I have read it all too and I can't understand why some would be so happy to post negative crap in the cloak of anonymity. As my 15 yo grand daughter says.. Mean people S#ck!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

We love you Iliana! We love MISTI wherever her home is located!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you all at Splitcoast for adopting Ilian, My Sweet Petunia, and all of the wonderful people who have contributed to our happiness -- Jennifer McGuire and Maureen Wong are just a couple of the many great resources that are here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #15  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayseView Post
Hi everyone, pleased to be here and am really looking forward to getting to know you all and learning more about crafting with the MISTI. I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow and just can't wait for the mail man to come.
bring on Mondays mail.
You have a lot of fun ahead.

I had my class today with AFletch & Gailnttexas and Gail was packing their MISTIs!

Gail hugs it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #16  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnapier516View Post
how do I stay in the group here?
You're here - just visit any time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Platinum Partner

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by InThayneCropperView Post
I am so sorry that you were treated poorly, Iliana. May I please respectfully ask that this entire thread be deleted at noon tomorrow, when the original fb group was going to be deleted? It would be nice closure for the "drama" that occurred, and people after that time would not need the information. I hope that deleting this thread would help everyone heal and take away the negativity that some had for fellow crafters. Thanks for considering my request.
I am so sorry. It is too late. We had to individually remove each of the 1600 users.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:23 PM   #18  

Sparkler39 - your blog is STUNNING! Wow - I hope you continue to share your cards here - you are an amazing artist.

And as the owner of a quirky tortie - can I tell you I'm in love with that kitten???

Glad your other kitty is doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 03:09 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

UnderstandBlue, thank you so much for your sweet comments! I don't always have time to visit but I'll try to poke around a bit more! I do love the ladies on SCS!

Iliana, I am SO sorry that people were rude to you...I missed that whole thread on FB (thankfully) but please know that 99.9999% of people in that group and here do not share that poster's opinions! Thanks so much for your amazing invention...it has truly changed my life!

And InThayneCropper, as the person who started this thread simply because I was curious...I'm not quite sure I understand why you want it deleted as I greatly appreciate Iliana taking the time to answer my question and I'm sure it helped other people understand as it has received over 300 views this afternoon. People will or won't migrate from FB to SCS as they so choose; however, I think understanding why it was shut down sooner than originally expected will be appreciated. Many people who, like me, missed the earlier drama were very disappointed/upset to be removed from the group and were just trying to figure out what had happened. This gives them (and me) an explanation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #20  
Inking Addict

Quote:

And InThayneCropper, as the person who started this thread simply because I was curious...I'm not quite sure I understand why you want it deleted as I greatly appreciate Iliana taking the time to answer my question and I'm sure it helped other people understand as it has received over 300 views this afternoon. People will or won't migrate from FB to SCS as they so choose; however, I think understanding why it was shut down sooner than originally expected will be appreciated. Many people who, like me, missed the earlier drama were very disappointed/upset to be removed from the group and were just trying to figure out what had happened. This gives them (and me) an explanation.
I understand your need for an explanation, and I think it is nice to continue the thread until the deadline that was originally set, since the group closed early. After that time, the point is moot, but this thread would still remain with comments back and forth about how Iliana was treated. Keeping the thread only keeps those comments alive, which is unhealthy. Does that make sense? I only want everyone involved, including Iliana, to move forward and be more positive. Seeing some of the comments here makes that more difficult to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 03:33 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

InThayneCropper, I understand what you're saying and I don't wish to spread negativity but at least from what I'm seeing: I asked a question, Iliana answered it, and people have done nothing here but said that they support her. There have been no comments back and forth about how she was treated in any sort of negative vein. I think for those slowly migrating from FB to SCS this thread will go a long way in making them feel better about why the group was closed early. I don't think everyone will make the migration but I think many will and it may not be before noon tomorrow. I think deleting this thread would just have people continually asking the question.

If this thread gets negative, by all means, delete it. But there has been nothing negative said. It sounds to me like you're hoping for a clean start, which I understand, however there are 1600+ people who were invested in that group and I sincerely hope that they will come over (whenever they so choose), read this thread, understand why Iliana closed early, and become a contributing member to this forum.

Personally, I would greatly appreciate any other concerns you have with my thread being sent to me in a private message. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 04:03 PM   #22  
Inking Addict

Whether other MISTIfied members move slowly or not, the original time for the group to close was noon tomorrow. After that, they wouldn't have any new info from Facebook anyway. Closing early was unfortunate, since people who wanted to remain on Facebook didn't get as much time to organize for those who were making new friendships as loyal MISTI fans. The negativity I am seeing in this thread is that somebody, according to Iliana, called her mean and rude, which was wrong. Others jumped in to criticize anonymous people on the Internet, which is amusing since you know my parents did not name me InThayne, although they might have called me that from time to time! Rather than dwelling on everybody's actions, I would love to see MISTI fans move forward without past drama.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

InThayneCropper, I will message you privately as I had requested. My intention for this thread was simply for people to have an answer to why the group closed early should they come looking for an answer today, tomorrow, or next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #24  
Inking Addict

Quote:

I am so sorry. It is too late. We had to individually remove each of the 1600 users.
I am sorry that I wasn't clear. I don't want you to reinstate the group, I want this very thread to disappear so we don't continue to have split factions and lose focus on our love for your amazing product. I just want the hard feelings to be resolved. And wow, that must have been a chore for you to delete everyone individually. You can probably file for Workers Comp for carpal tunnel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #25  
Inking Addict

Quote:

InThayneCropper, I will message you privately as I had requested. My intention for this thread was simply for people to have an answer to why the group closed early should they come looking for an answer today, tomorrow, or next year.
Oh Sparkler39, I apologize for not being clear. I am not being critical of you, and again, I really appreciate your question. I am actually asking Lydia and Iliana to make a decision on the longevity of a thread that would seem more like gossip than information if someone came for an answer "next year." I see nothing good coming from that, and I don't want anything negative to reflect on Iliana, her product, or the wonderful crafters who have purchased her amazing tool.

Also, I do not want to offend you, but I am not interested in a pm about this. The Forum style is more comfortable for me. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #26  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Mean and Rude? I'd love to chat with those people and let them know how much community service, donation of product...outreach and the list goes on!
There are always people that want their way and throw a fit if they don't get. Please don't let that upset you. You have done so much and I can personally vouch for that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #27  

Quote:

Originally Posted by InThayneCropperView Post
I am sorry that I wasn't clear. I don't want you to reinstate the group, I want this very thread to disappear so we don't continue to have split factions and lose focus on our love for your amazing product. I just want the hard feelings to be resolved. And wow, that must have been a chore for you to delete everyone individually. You can probably file for Workers Comp for carpal tunnel!
No need - let's get back to talking about the MISTI please

And yes - she probably needs a wrist brace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #28  
Cardstock Collector

So sorry the MISTIfied group had to end on such a sour note, Iliana. Glad I missed it. I hate drama, especially when it involves something you love to do. I think some people are forgetting that we wouldn't have this wonderful tool if you hadn't invented it. Maybe I missed the memo, but I haven't seen anyone else invent something like the Misti.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:48 PM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

I don't think we are trying to be rude or disrespectful, it's just that this gargantuan splitCoast stampers thing is impossible to navigate for the average person. It took me 15 minutes to post this and I am not even sure where it is going to go. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:59 PM   #30  
Glitter Queen

Default You'll get the hang of it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinagermonyView Post
I don't think we are trying to be rude or disrespectful, it's just that this gargantuan splitCoast stampers thing is impossible to navigate for the average person. It took me 15 minutes to post this and I am not even sure where it is going to go. Sigh.
I felt the same way when I started over here last year. There is a bit of settling in but, I think you'll really like it, plus you can enjoy the new Facebook fan page while you get more comfy. Change is hard for us all... But I am confident in Iliana's choice, she has done amazing things and brought a lot of joy back into stamping for so many of us. I'm more than happy to help if you need anything at all.
Much love!
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 09:53 PM   #31  
Mad Swapper

I hope this thread does stay here. I had not been on FB for one day (& missed whatever happened) but did receive an email saying the group was changed from private to secret. I had no idea what that meant. When I went on today I noticed I was no longer part of the Mistified group. I did not see any notice the last time I was on about the group going to be closed so I had no idea what was going on. It just occurred to me to check here and I was very happy to see this thread so at least now I know the group was closed and I wasn't being banned for some unknown reason. I'm not a big FB user so I don't really understand how things work over there. I'm glad to find out what happened and why. I don't need details but am glad to know there was a reason behind it. I am sure there will be others that will wonder the same thing.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinagermonyView Post
I SO totally feel the same way! I literally feel like I'm feeling my way around in the dark here. PLUS, I seem to have this weird "cardstock collector" heading next to my avatar. Don't know WHY it's there, HOW it got there, nor how to change it. I'm not collecting cardstock; I'm USING it. Double sigh.

Be kind to others, because everyone you meet is going through something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

I always find it interesting when people say how difficult they find navigating SCS to be. Is that because they're used to Facebook? I miss the days when discussion boards were the standard. I find it super easy to find everything, the search feature works infinitely more times better than FB, I see no advantages to FB really. I feel like I'm dating myself, but I know that at 42 I'm far from being old in the scrapbook/cardmaking community!

Anyhow, I think it is good to keep this thread open. I just barely joined the FB group recently, hadn't really participated since I don't have a MISTI, and would have never known what happened to the group when I went to find it. I think it's a disservice to those who aren't on Facebook 24/7 to delete any mention of what happened to that group, as I'm sure I'm not the only one that joined for future reference and didn't have the foggiest about what did or didn't happen.

It's the internet folks, poop happens. You just have to learn how to deal with it, otherwise it would be in your best interest to go off the grid altogether. :lol: And in spite of the little laughing emoticon, I don't say that facetiously, I've considered it myself more than once. You can't change others, you can only change yourself. I find it best to take a break from the internet when things get too crazy.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-19-2015 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: SPR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

The title of cardstock collector is just because you're new. After a certain number of posts it changes. It's the same for everyone and doesn't really mean anything. I think the next one is glitter queen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpellisView Post
I SO totally feel the same way! I literally feel like I'm feeling my way around in the dark here. PLUS, I seem to have this weird "cardstock collector" heading next to my avatar. Don't know WHY it's there, HOW it got there, nor how to change it. I'm not collecting cardstock; I'm USING it. Double sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 11:00 PM   #35  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh Glitter Queen, I like the sound of that. I'll have to get posting double quick.
Ok Misti-mates lets see some fab inspiration
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 06:00 AM   #36  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianneB1030View Post
The title of cardstock collector is just because you're new. After a certain number of posts it changes. It's the same for everyone and doesn't really mean anything. I think the next one is glitter queen.
Thank you for explaining that. It is appreciated.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 AM   #37  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottitudeView Post
I always find it interesting when people say how difficult they find navigating SCS to be. Is that because they're used to Facebook? I miss the days when discussion boards were the standard. I find it super easy to find everything, the search feature works infinitely more times better than FB, I see no advantages to FB really. I feel like I'm dating myself, but I know that at 42 I'm far from being old in the scrapbook/cardmaking community!

Anyhow, I think it is good to keep this thread open. I just barely joined the FB group recently, hadn't really participated since I don't have a MISTI, and would have never known what happened to the group when I went to find it. I think it's a disservice to those who aren't on Facebook 24/7 to delete any mention of what happened to that group, as I'm sure I'm not the only one that joined for future reference and didn't have the foggiest about what did or didn't happen.

It's the internet folks, poop happens. You just have to learn how to deal with it, otherwise it would be in your best interest to go off the grid altogether. :lol: And in spite of the little laughing emoticon, I don't say that facetiously, I've considered it myself more than once. You can't change others, you can only change yourself. I find it best to take a break from the internet when things get too crazy.
We're all different. We perceive things differently. It's not a Facebook thing. The only reason I even started visiting FB regularly is because I heard about the MISTI group. Glad you find it super easy. I feel better now.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-19-2015 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: SPR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 06:43 AM   #38  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Thank you lliana I just thought I was going mad, glad to be here will find my way around the site, wishing you all the very best in your new adventure with MISTI cause without you we would not be here.
PS Take no notice of the keyboard warriors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #39  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpellisView Post
I'd encourage you to take some time and look around the site - you will get over the in the dark feeling soon, I promise . Everyone is very helpful, and if you feel lost, just ask and people will help you. Here are some helpful links.

First - review our site posting rules - these are very important to read when you join the community: Splitcoaststampers Site Posting Rules

Here's our forum for orientation on the site: Splitcoaststampers Start Here! Forum: Introductions & Acronyms - tons of helpful tips there

Here's the list of user titles and how you get them: What is a CARDSTOCK COLLECTOR??? by Sereikastamper at Splitcoaststampers

Here's our General Stamping Talk forum - if you have general, non-MISTI topics about stamping, this is the place to post them - there's a search box on every page on the left side of the screen - if you're looking for advice on stamps, ink, tools, paper etc. you can find a TON of great info on every topic imaginable: Splitcoaststampers General Stamping Talk: Instructions, Art Rubber Stamp Companies & Stores

If you have site question, we have a support forum - please ask those questions there, and not in the My Sweet Petunia forum - I'm happy to answer any questions about how to do things, etc. : Site Support, Technical ?s and Suggestions - Splitcoaststampers

You can always click help - top right and send us a message through our contact page if you need something.

Welcome and enjoy yourself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear that you were getting nasty comments. I haven't seen or heard anything from you that I would interpret as mean or rude.
Reply With Quote Likes