Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MISTI "ISSUE"

So, let me set the scene for you....

My MISTI has arrived and I finally have time to sit down and try and create something. Now, when I start a stamping project, I try to pull out everything that I think I will need so that I don't have to get back up once I get started.

I decide that I am going to create some Thank You cards using PTI's Delightful Dahlia stamp set and coordinating dies. Now, let me say that I haven't done much stamping since I moved several years ago, so the organization of my "rubber room" is not exactly up to snuff. Imagine a room that looks like it belongs on an episode of hoarders, and you might begin to understand.

So after about an hour of playing now where is that ______? I finally have everything that I need. I decided that I would start by pulling out the paper cutter and cutting my cardstock. This means that I have my stamp set, MISTI, and dies moved out of my way. After this accomplishment, I decided to head to the kitchen to get a snack (priorities, right?)

This friends is where my story gets interesting. You see, when I finished cutting my cardstock, I decided I was going to die cut my images. I cut out my flower image, no problem; then I go to cut out the coordinating leaf image and the die is gone. GONE. I know it had been there before I left to get a snack, and now it seems to have vanished into thin air.

I check back in the magnetic book. Maybe I put it back up? Nope. Maybe it's in the floor on the other side of the desk? Nope. Maybe I accidentally stuck it in the cd case with another stamp set (strangers things have happened). Nope! Where the heck is that die? Did the dang cat make off with it?!? NOPE! Where the heck is that @$&*% die?

By this point, I am beginning to think that I "imagined" ever having a leaf die. So I decide that I am going to go ahead and use the MISTI to stamp the flower images that I've already gotten cut out. Might as well do something productive, right?

And that is when I discover the "issue" with the MISTI. As I picked my MISTI up and turn it over to open the front cover I am in shock by the sight. Can you guess what it is? There, stuck to the front cover of my MISTI is my @$&*% die. Held in place by those @$&*% magnets!!

I had to laugh at myself at this point. I'm sure my searching would have been very comical had I had audience other than the cat.

The moral of this story fellow stampers is beware of the magnets! They will pick up anything, and I mean anything that gets close to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 05:59 PM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,554 Likes on 669 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 01:07 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear you. I was using mine last night and moved one magnet off the misti onto the desk. Did my stamping etc, time to tidy up. What is that thinks I??? This amazing cluster of mini scissors, tweezers, dies studs and who knows what else. Interesting cluster, it was like it went around the table and collected. Sure is a strong magnet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I did exactly the same thing yesterday. I lost a die and a magnet......I searched and searched.....my craft desk has never looked better. I finally gave up and put MISTI to bed. I ordered a MISTI last night for a friend (group birthday pressie) and I added an extra magnet for me. Guess what I found this morning......a magnet and THREE dies magnetised to the bottom of MISTI.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 03:31 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My story is not MISTI Related But... I was at a SU Party...( A very Talented and well known artist on SC was the Demonstrator so the cards were fabulous...If you read Jan Tink's blog where she writes about the large party she demoed this was it)
We embossed and cut out a Crisp cantalope circle... I lost mine tore the area apart looking for it. Jan gave me another piece of card stock. Then at the end of the party I found my circle stuck to my ATG gun. Jan and I had a good laugh!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 08:14 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,944 Likes on 2,208 Posts

Another reason I want to win that free MISTI! I want to participate in these fun fun topics! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 08:19 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am so glad I am not the only one things like this happen to. This really made me laugh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

MISTI has been the die thief in my house a few times too! LOL

...just learning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I'm glad that I'm not the only whose MISTI has been a "thief".

After I had finished using the die and was putting everything away, I made the mistake of getting the die to close to the magnets on the MISTI. I wasn't really paying attention and then all the sudden, SNAP the magnet jumped up attached to the die. Only problem was that my finger was in the way!

Man, those little magnets are something else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 03:57 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australiaView Post
LOL I did exactly the same thing yesterday. I lost a die and a magnet......I searched and searched.....my craft desk has never looked better. I finally gave up and put MISTI to bed. I ordered a MISTI last night for a friend (group birthday pressie) and I added an extra magnet for me. Guess what I found this morning......a magnet and THREE dies magnetised to the bottom of MISTI.
Hi Susie, i too am in Australia and was wondering where you sourced your MISTI from as i am looking to purchase one after coming across it on a youtube video?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafthappy1View Post
Hi Susie, i too am in Australia and was wondering where you sourced your MISTI from as i am looking to purchase one after coming across it on a youtube video?
I purchased mine directly from My Sweet Petunia. I bought mine back in January when the dollar wasn't too bad. The order I placed yesterday was AUD $116 (paypal). This includes MISTI, 3 magnets, grid pad and postag .I didn't get the Novus cleaner in the last order, bumps up postage and I haven't even opened the bottle I bought.

It is the best value for money craft tool I have ever purchased. I paid $300 for my Vagabond and $40 for the transformer, I love it, but I inky use it once a week. I use MISTI every single day!!

My Sweet Petunia pack the MISTI perfectly too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 04:43 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you so much for the info Susie. My adult kids have been asking what i would like for mothers day/ birthday present and i think this will be IT .
Having been out of stamping action for a few years due to injury, its amazing the amount of innovative and new ideas that are out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 05:12 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

My adult kids have been asking what i would like for mothers day/ birthday present and i think this will be IT .
Having been out of stamping action for a few years due to injury, its amazing the amount of innovative and new ideas that are out there.
I can honestly say that the MISTI is why I have gotten interested in stamping again after 4 years. It's very rare for me to sit down and make a single card. Most of the time I am wanting/needing to make multiple cards at once. I love how the MISTI helps to keep a consistency from the first card to the last.

But that's not the only reason that I fell in love with it. I also like stamp sets with coordinating dies. However, I HATED in the past how I could not get the stamp image to line up with the die image; then I'd have to cut another image and try again. The MISTI has made that super easy!

I am completely SOLD on this product. Even if I do think the magnets can be "evil" at times. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another reason I love it is that I always make my card and leave the sentiment till last. EVERY TIME. I have to learn to plan better but what I have found is that by using the misti I have not lost a card yet because of a misstamp with the sentiment. Have been able to stamp again when too light and line up brilliantly on the car before stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 01:01 AM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Thank you so much for the info Susie. My adult kids have been asking what i would like for mothers day/ birthday present and i think this will be IT .
H craft happy,m
I'm from Oz too. I got my MISTI a few weeks ago and it took about 2 wks to arrive. Never been so excited to get anything via post before. I went through MsP site direct, very easy to shop for the MISTI.
You are gonna love it, just do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 01:19 AM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I didn't know there were so many Aussie girls here at SCS. I have learnt a few things since becoming a Splitcoaststampie.....chook is very much an Australian word...who knew and if anyone mentions their fanny, they are NOT referring to their downstairs lady bits!!! I digress, MISTI is brilliant!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:42 AM   #17  
Inking Addict

Good to know, if stuff get's lost check the Misti, it doesn't like to take a snack break and being the work horse it is...it will attempt to continue on without you and will gather up tools to do so.
LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolly-scrapthatView Post
Good to know, if stuff get's lost check the Misti, it doesn't like to take a snack break and being the work horse it is...it will attempt to continue on without you and will gather up tools to do so.
LOL
HAHAHAHAHA:lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Lucky you... I was reorganizing and am missing a Taylored Expression die. I went thru my trash 3 times....my recycle bin 2 times..... I'm sure it will show up sometime.... it's on my mind... where could it have gone??!! I know we all have had the experience and eventually it shows up.. or at least I hope it does!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

I haven't had my magnets disappear anywhere, but I've definitely had a few metal dies fly onto the magnets!
Reply With Quote Likes