Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2017, 06:33 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jane Davenport......

I think I need to do some shopping soon. I am in love with all her stuff. Anyone else? I would love to hear what you have purchased and are using. Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I bought the Mermaid Markers with a 50% off coupon so they ended up costing $20.00. I figured if nothing else, 12 waterbrush pens for $20.00 was a good deal.

That being said, I am really enjoying playing with them. The colors are very vivid and concentrated. I enjoy coloring with a brush tip rather than a felt or marker tip, so these work for me in that regard. I wish I was a better artist so I could actually paint with them.

I am already thinking about what I could refill them with when they are empty. I've heard (read?) that Jane used to use Dyn-a-flow paint in hers, so that may be one possibility.If you are into art journaling or mixed media art, I think you would really enjoy these as well.

I am interested in her watercolor paints as well, but am taking a watercolor class starting in February so I am waiting to hear what the instructor recommends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I finally found the watercolor paints at my Michael's yesterday. They had been sold out for 2 weeks. I like them. Very vibrant.

I want the markers next!

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Here's a video from CHA: &feature=em-uploademail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 02:37 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,119 Likes on 502 Posts

I got a set of the brush markers to try and they're just not me. My style is more muted and detailed. These colors are super vibrant, the brushes are kind of large, and I had a little trouble controlling the flow... I'm just more used to having control of the intensity of the color with water, so my tendency was to just brush ink on a palette and use a regular brush... in which case... it's silly for me to have the brush format. I can do that with my reinkers.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 04:26 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not really a fan of color in the waterbrush, feels backwards to me.

I bought the stamp set where you make faces by using different mouths, eyes and noses. I only had time to play with it briefly once but it looks like it could be a fun set to have especially for journaling.

Here is my quandary: Each of the 4 pairs of eyes come attached and I'm thinking of cutting them apart. It would give me the ability to create more facial expressions especially winking. It would make lining them up harder though, not to mention even smaller and more difficult to keep up with.

what to do , what to do.... guess I'll wait until I've had more time to use it before deciding because I keep changing my mind. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2017, 05:31 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Personally I am keeping them in tack and just inking one of the eyes when needed. And then inking the opposite eye on a different set of eyes. I say try it like that first. Then if you don't like it that way cut them apart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacyView Post
I'm not really a fan of color in the waterbrush, feels backwards to me.

I bought the stamp set where you make faces by using different mouths, eyes and noses. I only had time to play with it briefly once but it looks like it could be a fun set to have especially for journaling.

Here is my quandary: Each of the 4 pairs of eyes come attached and I'm thinking of cutting them apart. It would give me the ability to create more facial expressions especially winking. It would make lining them up harder though, not to mention even smaller and more difficult to keep up with.

what to do , what to do.... guess I'll wait until I've had more time to use it before deciding because I keep changing my mind. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2017, 04:50 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks, I'm leaning more towards not cutting, just worried trying to ink only one at a time is going to frustrate me. They are small bits, I will definitely need a rag close by to wipe off unwanted ink when only doing one eye at a time. There is also the alignment issue, having the eyes not lined up with each other might be the desired result sometimes but could result in some really bizarre results other times.
Then again maybe if I cut them apart but leave that bit if excess material in between the two eyes rather than trimming it off it would be easy to trim... but knowing me I'd get ink on the untrimmed excess.....

I've decided I'm not cutting them apart,

Case closed... for now!
Reply With Quote Likes