Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-25-2017, 12:53 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanging box storage syster

I have interest in the WALL BOX , an opaque hanging box system that has add-ons available. I keep liking the system because it hangs on the wall and looks so tidy but I am wondering if the box size is very useful for my scrapbooking and stamping needs. How do you like the system? I notice the units go on sale from time to time, and the Scrapbook Expo is coming up; they are usually offered there. To buy or not to buy?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Are you talking about this: https://www.scrapbook.com/store/bss-150wb1006.html?

I'd never heard of it, so I had to go looking. I like the idea of it, but it seems to me you could just as easily line boxes up on a shelf and not have holes in the wall. It also seems a little pricey (but I'm cheap), and I wouldn't like all the things in the boxes shifting when I change the orientation from horizontal (to put things in or take them out) to vertical (to put them away). I'm weird sometimes, though, so that may not bother you at all... I suppose a lot depends on what you think you'll be putting in them and such. The measurements at the link and the photos there make them look decent sizes for a number of things. I'm a Harbor Freight storage and organization enthusiast, so I'd probably suggest these: https://www.harborfreight.com/24-con...box-90243

Last edited by gregzgurl; 05-25-2017 at 02:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyo_stampView Post
I have interest in the WALL BOX , an opaque hanging box system that has add-ons available. I keep liking the system because it hangs on the wall and looks so tidy but I am wondering if the box size is very useful for my scrapbooking and stamping needs. How do you like the system? I notice the units go on sale from time to time, and the Scrapbook Expo is coming up; they are usually offered there. To buy or not to buy?
I've seen it at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, and think it's very handy and sleek looking. I was tempted but the way my craft room/office is set up, wall systems aren't ideal. I also like their ribbon system, which can be used off or on the rails.

They offered big discounts at the Expo last year, and are really nice people - both in person and via email. If you'll be going to the Expo, maybe measure your wall space first in case you want to buy, and look through your stash beforehand to decide what you'd want in the boxes. Maybe even make a paper box the size of their boxes to check what would fit. Or pull out some items and measure around them to have a sense of what would fit into them, if that makes sense? (Maybe not!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2017, 04:47 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sue, the wall box is much larger than those offered at H.F. but thank you for the suggestion. I have wall space, so I'm interested in getting stuff off my desk surface. Thanks, bjeans.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2017, 05:26 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

For anyone curious, the boxes are about 10"x6"x2+" and you can add various types of inserts. (I spent a long time at that booth!)

WALL BOX 1 - 6 PACK - NEW - WALL BOX STORAGE - USD - Products - USD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2017, 07:57 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyo_stampView Post
Sue, the wall box is much larger than those offered at H.F. but thank you for the suggestion. I have wall space, so I'm interested in getting stuff off my desk surface. Thanks, bjeans.
Yeah - it depends on individual space, personal preference and what you plan to store in them, and what works for one does not work for all. I hope that they work well for you and you love them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2017, 06:44 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Look neat, but I would be worried about how much weight they could take...paper, and our tools soon add up in the weight department.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2017, 07:00 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Good consideration. They're quite sturdy, though, since the weight is distributed across the rail. Of course they're too small for 8.5x11 paper storage, but I wouldn't put punches in them!

But washi tape, a million types of embellishments, tape, ribbon, pens/pencils, various office supplies, all kinds of stuff, would work.
Reply With Quote Likes