Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #481  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cara DeniseView Post
Nothing I dislike more than spending time matching papers and trimmings for a project then have left overs that I just cant throw away - so instead of tossing them in the scrap pile - I use the plastic protector pockets for 3 ring binders to store the matched pieces together. Then, if I need a card in a hurry or I have time to just sit down and play, I pull the book out and start making cards with the already matched up papers and ribbon pieces. No frustration and no waste.
What a GREAT idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #482  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I found another use for the USPS boxes I get in the mail, the same ones we use to make magazine/paper storage out of. I've taped about 6 together. It makes perfect storage for wrapping paper tubes. They fit nicely and with that many duct taped together the base gets really stable, so it stays standing upright very nicely.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #483  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need ideas: huge flip top lid box

Hi Gang,
I have the empty remains of this bogus Whitman's Sampler flip top box from the holidays. The size is 14�" x 23" W x 2�" D , and it's extremely heavy duty. The top lid completely flips underneath the box and out of the way. It seems a shame to toss it out. Does anyone have some handy dandy ideas for re-purposing it?

I've included an attachment photo of this item

Thanks!
x0x
Lizabeth
Attached Thumbnails
What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-z-whitmans-fliptop-box.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #484  
Inking Addict

I used to go inspect Daycares and kids love playing with wooden blocks and they have great imagination so those wooden handles would be great for that. Or offer them to the Pediatric floor at your hospital. Kids love building towers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #485  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 172 Likes on 128 Posts

[QUOTE=cmcjen;17717001]2 years ago, Target had a display wooden display case for the Christmas CD's. It was to be thrown out at the end of the season. I was able to get it and I store all my stamps and stamp accessories in it. I love it. All of my stamps are in CD cases and on the shelves. My husband cut in half to hang on the wall in my stamp room. I have all my stamps on one half and ink pads and embellishments on the other. I'll try and post pictures if anyone wants to see it.

would love to see a photo-thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #486  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 172 Likes on 128 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeMojoView Post
Hi Gang,
I have the empty remains of this bogus Whitman's Sampler flip top box from the holidays. The size is 14�" x 23" W x 2�" D , and it's extremely heavy duty. The top lid completely flips underneath the box and out of the way. It seems a shame to toss it out. Does anyone have some handy dandy ideas for re-purposing it?

Thanks!
x0x
Lizabeth
i see this as a great way to sort die cuts. especially alphabets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #487  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default my very cheap a paper storage

I have just used cheap file boxes with hanging file folders for each color. However, in order to make the hanging files slide better I used the bars that come with report covers like these
OfficeMax Slide Bar Report Covers
each box uses three bars, they help the sides of the box form getting chewed up.
Attached Thumbnails
What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-100_6206.jpg   What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-100_6207.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #488  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by queen beeView Post
I have just used cheap file boxes with hanging file folders for each color. However, in order to make the hanging files slide better I used the bars that come with report covers like these
each box uses three bars, they help the sides of the box form getting chewed up.
Now this is my kind of frugal style -- thanks for the great tip about the report bars!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #489  
Compulsive Stamper

Here are my cheap storage solutions...
1. hit yard sales flea markets, good wills,etc. look for the old jar cannisters that sit in wooden bracket with wood lids. you can store sponges, ribbon all sorts of things.
look for: spice racks...they make amazing embellishment keepers. i keep felt flowers, silk flowers, beads, paper flowers. buttons.. each spice jar is by color.. I crackle paint or modpodge lids and racks to coordinate with my area.
Look for: mini wood shelves, i find them at family dollar, good will etc usually a dollar. i store either glitters or glitter glue or embossing powders where i can see them lined up.
2. i bought at the salvation army an old rolling tv cart from the 70s.. i had hubby reinforce it and i put all my papers in my upright cropper hopper files and roll them under desk when done.
3. cookie sheet for magnetic stamps.
4. if your hubby chews tobacco, and uses metal or plastic cans wash and sterilize the heck out of them cover them with pretty papers and put embellishments in them.
5. for unmounted stamps i store in a ring binder with page protectors...
6. spinning spice turntables are great too. you can store you pens, scissors etc in jars on top of turntable. i also put paints and embossing poweders etc on the turntable.
ribbons. i like them hanging loosely so i can just snip off what i need. i bunch ribbons by color family and stick safty pin through them and hang each skein of ribbon on each post of board with nails across or tie rack... old rake head could work.

oatmeal containers turned sideways cut in half with ends still attached can hold ribbon rolls.
pringles cans work for ribbon storage. make slits where ribbon comes out...you can only use smaller size of ribbon spools on this...

i save my starbuck cold coffee jars and use them to store large color lots of beads silk flowers or buttons. i like to decorate lids a bit. but thats me..

on carol duvall show i once saw where a lady saved assorted sizes of cans..tuna can, tall soup cans, big short wide cans, coffee cans, and potted meat cans.. after cleaning them out she covered them with pretty papers. adhered them together in a circle form and attatched them to a turn table. it made a table top organizer...

one thing i love to do.. i have old vhs plastic cases i keep embellishments in by theme. or color combo. so if i go to a crop at a moment notice i can grab embellishments to coordinate with my papers and i have an assortment of embellies to choose from in a small case. in them i put ribbons scraps, tags, buttons gems, brads, eyelets..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #490  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by firemanswifeView Post
one thing i love to do.. i have old vhs plastic cases i keep embellishments in by theme. or color combo. so if i go to a crop at a moment notice i can grab embellishments to coordinate with my papers and i have an assortment of embellies to choose from in a small case. in them i put ribbons scraps, tags, buttons gems, brads, eyelets..
I use a fishing tackle box that has smaller divided boxes in it for this. Each small tackle box is colour coordinated. The top of the large box contains scissors, DST, glues, etc. Of the 4 x smaller containers, one has generic pens/pencils, scalpel, eraser, etc.

I have about 6 other small divided boxes with embellishments that I swap as needed for a crop or project.

I keep the large box on my desk as my storage and drop it on top of my cart if I want to go somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #491  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 497 Likes on 275 Posts

I was given an old fishing tackle box myself- the attache kind that has 2 sides, with many small compartments? I took all my ribbon scraps and rolled them and tied them with yarn ties, and sorted them into color/type of ribbon. When I need a piece I can just flip open the box, and check to see what I have. I participated in some ribbon swaps and this was a great way to organize what I got.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #492  
Hardware Hotshot

I would say one of my favorites are my little embellishment boxes...Harbor Freight...$2.99 to $3.99...each clear box has 24 little clear boxes inside...You can see from the top and bottom and they stack 4-5 high without a problem...
Attached Thumbnails
What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-reds-rubber-room-065.jpg   What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-reds-rubber-room-066.jpg  

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #493  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
I would say one of my favorites are my little embellishment boxes...Harbor Freight...$2.99 to $3.99...each clear box has 24 little clear boxes inside...You can see from the top and bottom and they stack 4-5 high without a problem...
I have these, too! And they used to have one with round containers in it, 12 of them, which I use for bulk embossing powders. There is also one with 12 rectangular containers- I use that for brads.

And you can get magnetic tool holder strips that are good for Nesties, or other things.

I like Harbor Freight more than my husband does!!!

(They also have a set of 4 various picks that come in endlessly handy for popping out details on die cuts, or tweaking off specks of embossing or glitter, or....the uses are endless! )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #494  
Hardware Hotshot

Love Harbor Freight and ACE Hardware both! LOL

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #495  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm liking $ store votive candle holders for the cri-kit tiny gel pens...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #496  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by queen beeView Post
This is a great idea for paper!! I may have to give this a try!

http://cropmomscraftycards.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #497  
Matboard Maniac

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #498  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeMojoView Post
Hi Gang,

Thanks!
x0x
Lizabeth
With or without the liner that holds the candies?

How about (without the liner) making dividers to fit, and storing markers?

Or, if you have 'em, it'd be great for Twinkling H2Os.

Without the liner, storage for tools, like scissors, tweezers, rulers, sponge daubers, embossing tools,etc. The stuff that clutters the desk!

With the liner- storage for brads, eyelets, loose gems, and all the bitty things we use.

ribbon storage for small amounts, not on rolls. I bundle scraps and tie with heavy thread or yarn.

I'm sure I could think up more!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #499  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by G Ma BernieView Post
Amazing ideas!
I can’t believe no one has mentioned the ReStore run by Habitat for Humanity. It is a gold mind! If you can find it at Home Depot chances are you can find it there for pennies on the dollar. Most things are used but there are lots of never used items as Ace, Home Depot, Lowes etc. routinely donate their discontinued stock. They have shelving, cabinets and doors of every size all at unbelievably low prices. Check there for those down spouts and tiles for those craft show coasters. I even found some foam core there once.
Hey Bernie, I envy you your ReStore. Ours is just junky used furniture and toys - great if that's what you're looking to repurpose, but ours don't have any of the wonderful finds you mentioned. But now that I know they aren't all like that, I'll check out others when I travel. TFS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #500  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made some die storage for less than $20 (maybe even less than $15). I've got quite a few nesties, and some PTI dies, etc. I found a system that will work for me, and thought I'd share it --

*Insert Creative Witty Blog Name Here*: Getting Organized...

some magnetic vent covers from Home Depot, a photo box, some CS, and Poof! easy storage, with plenty of room to grow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #501  
Rubber Obsessor

During the holidays we ate a lot of flavored popcorn, probably like four canisters and I loved the holiday scenery. We also got chocolates as gifts which were in really nice plastic containers that looked like apothecary jars. I cleaned them well and now I use them to store different stamping stuff. I put my ribbon rolls in the popcorn canisters and the round SU button containers in the clear plastic jars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #502  
Matboard Maniac

Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampyraView Post
The Foam core ink pad holder I made was designed by Stacey King. Like I said, it was posted here at SCS. Her blog is Rebel Inker I also have a website listed for her at Coming Soon... Be sure to check it out. Her directions are great! JIL
I really want to give a HUGE thank you to Stacey King (Rebel Inker) for her inkpad storage idea. And to Lindsay (The Frugal Crafter), for her youtube tutorial on making a ribbon shelf from foam core. These two awesome ideas inspired me to design my own inkpad holder.

Attached is a picture of it, you can look at my gallery for more pictures and details.
Attached Thumbnails
What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-img_0072.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #503  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by afdishView Post
I really want to give a HUGE thank you to Stacey King (Rebel Inker) for her inkpad storage idea. And to Lindsay (The Frugal Crafter), for her youtube tutorial on making a ribbon shelf from foam core. These two awesome ideas inspired me to design my own inkpad holder.

Attached is a picture of it, you can look at my gallery for more pictures and details.
Looks awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #504  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just noticed this thread and thought I'd share how I store and organize all my leftovers, rejects, extras from projects. There's more info in my gallery on these here, but basically I have 2 large recipe card holders I got at Michaels for $3.00 each (I actually saw these yesterday at 60% off). One holds cards bases and the other holds die cuts, images stamped (blank), images finished, card mats. Here are the pictures.

This has been a HUGE help to me to keep organized and recycling my extras. Hope it helps someone else!

Blessings!

Kathy
Attached Thumbnails
What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-039.jpg   What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-031.jpg   What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-029.jpg  
Let your light so shine before men...glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matt. 5:16 My blog MyGallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #505  
Glitter Queen

Wow Kathy that looks fantastic! I just found two of those old MediaMate file boxes yesterday, they were for those old 5” X 5” computer disks. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them but for $1 each I just knew they‘d come in handy. I just checked and my 4.75 X 5.5 card bases fit in them perfectly! They even have the dividers. Just need to make them pretty and label the dividers. Thanks o much for sharing!!!

I just got done putting my clear stamps in binders exactly like you do. I had them in CD cases but that took up a ton of space. I love the binders. I also use normal size binders. I’d rather have a bunch of them the bigger ones get to heavy.
Blessings Bernie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #506  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Wow Kathy that looks fantastic! I just found two of those old MediaMate file boxes yesterday, they were for those old 5� X 5� computer disks. I wasn�t sure what I was going to do with them but for $1 each I just knew they�d come in handy. I just checked and my 4.75 X 5.5 card bases fit in them perfectly! They even have the dividers. Just need to make them pretty and label the dividers. Thanks o much for sharing!!!

I just got done putting my clear stamps in binders exactly like you do. I had them in CD cases but that took up a ton of space. I love the binders. I also use normal size binders. I�d rather have a bunch of them the bigger ones get to heavy.
Blessings Bernie
I bought some BIG 3 ring binders (probably 3 inch wide?) at the thrift store, and put my clear stamps into those using cheap page protectors with a sheet of white cardstock inserted. That way I can put stamp sets on both sides. It really helps to find the D-ring style, as that makes page turning easier! I got these monsters for 99 cents each- they were Microsoft official binders, but now, they're clear stamp storage, lol! I have a sheet of pegboard (bought at a going out of business sale at a Target store) mounted on the wall in my craft room, and it has wire shelves (bought at a Circuit City going out of business sale- can you see a theme here?) and hanging pegs and assorted types of pegboard accessories (there was a JoAnn's going out of business sale that contributed to this, too!). The binders are within easy reach from my desk. It's SO convenient! And it's easy to find which ones you're looking for, just turn pages!

I'm dangerous at a business closing sale. My husband actually bought me 2 flat files at an office furniture store going out of business sale (shocked me to death- he laid out $400 total for the 2 of them- although they do cost a fortune new) and I have those full of my Holly Berry House wood mounted stamps and assorted others. He NEVER spends money on anything to go into the craft room!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #507  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Wow Kathy that looks fantastic! I just found two of those old MediaMate file boxes yesterday, they were for those old 5� X 5� computer disks. I wasn�t sure what I was going to do with them but for $1 each I just knew they�d come in handy. I just checked and my 4.75 X 5.5 card bases fit in them perfectly! They even have the dividers. Just need to make them pretty and label the dividers. Thanks o much for sharing!!!

I just got done putting my clear stamps in binders exactly like you do. I had them in CD cases but that took up a ton of space. I love the binders. I also use normal size binders. I�d rather have a bunch of them the bigger ones get to heavy.
Blessings Bernie

Awesome! Glad I could help! The recipe card boxes I have have dividers in them too, but they're a little bit short...I'll think of something to do with them though!

Kathy
Let your light so shine before men...glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matt. 5:16 My blog MyGallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #508  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
I bought some BIG 3 ring binders (probably 3 inch wide?) at the thrift store, and put my clear stamps into those using cheap page protectors with a sheet of white cardstock inserted. That way I can put stamp sets on both sides. It really helps to find the D-ring style, as that makes page turning easier! I got these monsters for 99 cents each- they were Microsoft official binders, but now, they're clear stamp storage, lol! I have a sheet of pegboard (bought at a going out of business sale at a Target store) mounted on the wall in my craft room, and it has wire shelves (bought at a Circuit City going out of business sale- can you see a theme here?) and hanging pegs and assorted types of pegboard accessories (there was a JoAnn's going out of business sale that contributed to this, too!). The binders are within easy reach from my desk. It's SO convenient! And it's easy to find which ones you're looking for, just turn pages!

I'm dangerous at a business closing sale. My husband actually bought me 2 flat files at an office furniture store going out of business sale (shocked me to death- he laid out $400 total for the 2 of them- although they do cost a fortune new) and I have those full of my Holly Berry House wood mounted stamps and assorted others. He NEVER spends money on anything to go into the craft room!
OMG you and your husband ARE dangerous, hope someone is still in business where you live. LOL! How nice of him to get those for you.
I'm a thrift store shopper. My little car can't pass one without pulling in and stopping. The majority of my storage came from thrift shops. I get the 1� binders at the thrift shops for 99 cents too. I have arthritis and find the 1� binders easier to grip then 3� ones.
I�d love to have a peg board but I have no wall space in my closet.
Blessings Bernie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #509  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

OMG you and your husband ARE dangerous, hope someone is still in business where you live. LOL! How nice of him to get those for you.
I'm a thrift store shopper. My little car can't pass one without pulling in and stopping. The majority of my storage came from thrift shops. I get the 1� binders at the thrift shops for 99 cents too. I have arthritis and find the 1� binders easier to grip then 3� ones.
I�d love to have a peg board but I have no wall space in my closet.
Blessings Bernie
The real hoot about the flat files is that when we went into this store- it was apparent that this was a little higher end than we had expected. The saleswoman asked if she could help us, and what we were looking for. I looked over her shoulder, into the office area, and pointed at the flat files they were using in the office and said "Those!". She called her boss, and was given a price (I think she was given a range). She told us $400 EACH, and John (gasp, I was almost ready to pass out!) said yes, we would take them. But then, as we shopped around, and picked out a couple of hideously expensive filing cabinets (which were going for $40 each- Herman Miller filing cabinets???), she told us she couldn't charge us $400 each for the flat files, how about $200 each- total $400? (Like we were going to say NO???) It took us 4 trips in my little Mazda wagon to get it all home, but we were (and are) happy with the purchase. OK, it's the ONLY time Mr. Wonderful has shelled out any money for my craft room (he resents the fact that I HAVE a room all to my own use), but it sure was a most appreciated purchase.
I'm a thrift store junkie, garage sale junkie, heck, I'm a JUNK junkie! I love to find what I want or need at a bargain price!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #510  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
The real hoot about the flat files is that when we went into this store- it was apparent that this was a little higher end than we had expected. The saleswoman asked if she could help us, and what we were looking for. I looked over her shoulder, into the office area, and pointed at the flat files they were using in the office and said "Those!". She called her boss, and was given a price (I think she was given a range). She told us $400 EACH, and John (gasp, I was almost ready to pass out!) said yes, we would take them. But then, as we shopped around, and picked out a couple of hideously expensive filing cabinets (which were going for $40 each- Herman Miller filing cabinets???), she told us she couldn't charge us $400 each for the flat files, how about $200 each- total $400? (Like we were going to say NO???) It took us 4 trips in my little Mazda wagon to get it all home, but we were (and are) happy with the purchase. OK, it's the ONLY time Mr. Wonderful has shelled out any money for my craft room (he resents the fact that I HAVE a room all to my own use), but it sure was a most appreciated purchase.
I'm a thrift store junkie, garage sale junkie, heck, I'm a JUNK junkie! I love to find what I want or need at a bargain price!
Wow that was a bargain indeed. Well worth the effort to get it home. My hubby always had a work shop so he can�t begrudge me my little 5� X 5� closet.
Isn't it fun being a JUNKIE! Nothing like finding that perfect item at a ridiculously low price.
We don�t have many thrift shops here but Seattle and the surrounding area is a gold mind. Almost every summer I take a day trip over there. I take the back seats out of my PT Cruiser and start the three hour drive at 5:30. I have breakfast then I shop from 9AM when the first thrift shop opens and I quit when I can�t find another one still open. Just praying hubby will feel well enough so I can leave him for a day soon. I�ve saved up my pennies and I�m itching to go.
Blessings Bernie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #511  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Wow that was a bargain indeed. Well worth the effort to get it home. My hubby always had a work shop so he can�t begrudge me my little 5� X 5� closet.
Isn't it fun being a JUNKIE! Nothing like finding that perfect item at a ridiculously low price.
We don�t have many thrift shops here but Seattle and the surrounding area is a gold mind. Almost every summer I take a day trip over there. I take the back seats out of my PT Cruiser and start the three hour drive at 5:30. I have breakfast then I shop from 9AM when the first thrift shop opens and I quit when I can�t find another one still open. Just praying hubby will feel well enough so I can leave him for a day soon. I�ve saved up my pennies and I�m itching to go.
Blessings Bernie
One of my goals in life is to get to the World's longest garage sale, across several states in the south- Tennessee, etc., before I die! I would NEVER take Mr. wonderful to this, but I could see going with any of my girlfriends. Miles and miles of garage sales- states of sales....makes me weak contemplating it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #512  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 489 Likes on 307 Posts

While I become giddy over items I can repurpose....like,,,,the tall rectangular tin that held hair clippers and blades and was on its way to the trash when I showed up at daughter's house in CA---it is now filled with stamps that I puchased while here, and packed in a flat rate box with other fun fun things ready to be mailed back home.......couldn't pack it as my suitcase would be overweight......LOL!!!!!! no longestgarage sale for me please.........

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #513  
Glitter Queen

OMG I've seen that on HGTV, a yard salers dream come true. I don't know if I have it in me to do the whole thing but I would LOVE to see how far I could get. Just watching the show made my heart go pitty pat. LOL!
C-Mouse hope you are enjoying yourself with your daughter. Sounds like you've found some nice bargains.
Blessings Bernie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #514  
Matboard Maniac

Many thanks to Rebel Inker and The Frugal Crafter for inspiring me to design and build my own inkpad holder out of foam core and mat board. Take a look at the pictures and details in my gallery. I was very inexpensive and fun to make.

I was asked by several for instructions, so I've created instructions. Anyone interested in seeing them, just send me your e-mail, and I will send you the files.

[email protected]

Gotta love foam board! I am hooked now, and planning other builds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #515  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by amymcgsView Post
Ohhh-- great tip! I need a new stamp cleaner. I'm going to try this!

Hmmmm.... there has to be a good use for them. I'll have to think about it. I like the wood mounted stamps, myself, but I know there are lots of others here who are unmounting their stamps. Hopefully someone will have a good idea for you!
couldn't you paint them and stamp a picture on one side to use for blocks or make a memory game out of the blocks for the little ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #516  
Glitter Queen

My granddaughter has discovered that the wood blocks make a great build-a-block set. The sticky sides can stack and hold. She has built several doll houses and loves to play with them. You could add some paint to them and have a very colorful "toy" for very little $$.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #517  
Inking Addict

If you have the floor space make a standing pegboard. Attach two pieces with hinges (will be the top). You could put 2x2 cut as long as you wanted the piece to be width wise at the bottom and notch it so the pegboard would fit the notches and stay open. You could also then add wheels to the bottom to make it portable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #518  
Cardstock Collector

I have organized my ribbon in two different ways. Remember the old round clothespins? Place a piece of two sided tape to adheare the end to the clothespin, then roll. You can either tape the last end or use a rubber band. Place in glass jars by color.

Then I got too many, so I started doing this. Pick up a shoe box or use a large Velvetta box. Cut cardboard to fit inside the box. Snip the edge or the cardboard to insert the end before wrapping it around cardboard, snip another spot to secure the last end. Place in box by color and intensity. I have labeled mine, red to pink, orange to peach, yellow to off white, black to gray, browns, metallics, words, multi-colors, and lace and eyelet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #519  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cr8ivemeView Post
Let's see.

*Finished cards in a clear shoebox that I got at Target for less than $2
*Card stock/Designer paper in the Skubb Organizer @ IKEA. I totally LOVE that store!!
* Studio G acrylic stamps/other co.s acrylics(there about the same size) in those baseball card holders in a binder
* Loose ribbon in large jars from IKEA
* Eyelets/Brads in spice jars from IKEA
* SU! stamps in one of those plastic filing cabinets
* TAC Stamps in CD cases in a CD holder from IKEA, of course. Like I said I LOVE that store!
* Ribbons still on the spools in IKEA's DVD box with lid.
* Sharpies, Bic Mark-its, Copics, etc in these cool wooden boxes with drawers from IKEA
* Small paper packs in in the same cool wooden boxes with drawers from IKEA
* Adhesive in a tin basket I got from the Target See Spot Save section

OK I definitely recommend going to either IKEA or Target for storage solutions.
IKEA in Chicago just got a new shipment of large glass jars with hinged lids. They are $3 or $4.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #520  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoe boxes! Yup, honest to goodness shoe boxes, with labels on them. Someday maybe I will paint or paper them =)
Reply With Quote Likes